|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Eirik's Saga, Chapters 7 - 8, Karlsefni in Greenland, Karlsefni Goes to Vinland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Leif and his crew do when their ship becomes grounded at low tide near the shore of a new land?
(a) Observe the land from a distance until high tide returned.
(b) Dig a trench to float the boat.
(c) Remove supplies and abandon the boat.
(d) Impatiently run ashore to explore.
2. What does Leif find in Vinland?
(a) Gold, sheep, and wild game.
(b) Towns and ports.
(c) Gold and lumber.
(d) Wild wheat, vines, and maples.
3. What does Eirik offer the traders in return for their generosity?
(a) Land near his home in Greenland.
(b) Gudrid's hand in marriage.
(c) His sons as fellow voyagers.
(d) To stay the winter at Brattahlid.
4. Which of the following best characterizes the natural resources and weather on the land that Leif and his men explore?
(a) Abundant and mild.
(b) Sparse and changeable.
(c) Few and cold.
(d) Sufficient and tolerable.
5. Why does Leif deny Thorgunna what she asks of him?
(a) She is too unwell.
(b) She had too many kinsmen who would disapprove of his abducting her and hunt him.
(c) He does not want to antagonize Eirik.
(d) He doesn't think it will be possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Leif?
2. What does Thorvald decide they should do when spring arrives?
3. What is the general consensus about Freydis after her trip to Vinland?
4. What does Gudrid do for Thorbjorg?
5. What does Thorbjorg do for Gudrid?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)