|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Eirik's Saga, Chapters 7 - 8, Karlsefni in Greenland, Karlsefni Goes to Vinland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Gudrid the prophecy about her future?
(a) The overseer.
(b) Her dead husband.
(c) A prophetess in a dream.
(d) The corpse of Sigrid.
2. What size crew does Leif Eiriksson take with him?
(a) Four ships, abundantly manned.
(b) Just himself and two close friends.
(c) A barely sufficient skeleton crew.
(d) Thirty five men.
3. How is Tyrkir described?
(a) Small, easily frightened, and learned.
(b) Sickly, clever, and traitorous.
(c) Puny, shifty eyed, and clever with his hands.
(d) Large, strong, and oafish.
4. Why does Eirik get depressed as Christmas draws near when he has guests staying at Brattahlid?
(a) He is reminded of his banishment from Iceland.
(b) Marital problems.
(c) He misses his son Thorstein.
(d) He only has supplies to provide a meager Christmas for his guests.
5. Who is Thorvald?
(a) The discoverer of Greenland.
(b) The brother of Eirik the Red.
(c) The father of Eirik the Red.
(d) The king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after the fight with Thorgest?
2. What do Leif and his crew decide to do regarding their discovery of this land?
3. What reception does Karlsefni receive in Norway?
4. What washes up on the shore over the winter when they are hungry?
5. Which of the following most accurately describes the descendants of Karlsefni and Gudrid?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)