|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Eirik's Saga, Chapters 1 - 2, Gudrid's Ancestry, Eirik Explores Greenland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Eirik propose to go when he leaves Iceland?
(a) To take revenge.
(b) Back to Norway.
(c) He is set to sea with no guide or plan.
(d) To explore land sighted to the west.
2. What is Aud's full title?
(a) Aud the Red.
(b) Aud the Deep Minded.
(c) Aud the Beautiful.
(d) Aud the White.
3. What do Leif and his crew do when their ship becomes grounded at low tide near the shore of a new land?
(a) Remove supplies and abandon the boat.
(b) Dig a trench to float the boat.
(c) Impatiently run ashore to explore.
(d) Observe the land from a distance until high tide returned.
4. Which of the following best characterizes the natural resources and weather on the land that Leif and his men explore?
(a) Few and cold.
(b) Sparse and changeable.
(c) Sufficient and tolerable.
(d) Abundant and mild.
5. Why do Eirik and Thorvald leave Norway?
(a) On a mission from the king.
(b) To find new resources.
(c) They heard rumors of land to the west.
(d) Because of some killings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Freydis?
2. What does Freydis tell people in Greenland happened to the brothers?
3. How does Bjarni spend the rest of his days?
4. What do Leif and his men notice about the days on this new land compared to Greenland or Iceland?
5. What arrangement does Karlsefni make with Leif regarding the houses in Vinland?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)