|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Eirik's Saga, Chapters 1 - 2, Gudrid's Ancestry, Eirik Explores Greenland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men and ships return to Vinland with Thorvald?
(a) Sixty men in eight ships.
(b) Thirty men in one ship.
(c) Nine men in one ship.
(d) Thirty men in three ships.
2. What men come with Aud to Iceland?
(a) Her husband and sons.
(b) A sect of sorcerers from the British Isles.
(c) Fellow practicians of her craft.
(d) Captive slaves from the British Isles.
3. What happens between Thorgest and Eirik when Eirik returns to Iceland?
(a) All of the above.
(b) A reconciliation is reached.
(c) Eirik is deated.
(d) Thorgest and Eirik battle again.
4. What happens after the fight with Thorgest?
(a) Thorgest scours the country looking for Eirik.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Eirik hides and then flees the island.
(d) Eirik is sentenced to outlawry.
5. What do the lumps on the beach Thorvald sees turn out to be?
(a) Upside down skin boats with men under them.
(c) Dead men.
(d) Piles of sand hiding an ambush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thorvald decide they should do when spring arrives?
2. What do Leif and his men find on the return trip to Greenland?
3. Why does Eirik name the land he discovered "Greenland"?
4. Who tries to join Leif Eiriksson in his journey but was injured at the last moment?
5. Where do the men bury Thorvald?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)