|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Grænlendinga Saga, Chapters 7 - 9, Karlsefni in Vinland, Freydis in Vinland, Karlsefni's Descendants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the search party find Tyrkir?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Asleep after gorging on grapes.
(c) On his way back, not far from the houses.
(d) In a lush undiscovered valley.
2. What do Leif and his crew decide to do regarding their discovery of this land?
(a) Build houses, spend the winter, and explore.
(b) Take samples of the resources and return to Greenland.
(c) Name it after Earl Eirik.
(d) Leave part of the crew to explore while the other part returns to Greenland to report.
3. How do Thorstein and his men spend the summer?
(a) Cutting wood and grapes.
(b) Preparing to leave Greenland.
(c) Searching the coast for Thorvald.
(d) Lost at sea.
4. What do the lumps on the beach Thorvald sees turn out to be?
(a) Piles of sand hiding an ambush.
(b) Dead men.
(c) Upside down skin boats with men under them.
5. Who gives the prophecy about Gudrid?
(a) The native seer.
(b) Thorstein's corpse.
(c) A goddess in Gudrid's dream.
(d) Thorstein the Black.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Eirik and Thorvald leave Norway?
2. In what way does Freydis first break her word?
3. What causes a fight between Eirik and Thorgest?
4. What is different about the trip Karlsefni makes to Vinland from the previous ones?
5. What do Thorvald and his men see further up the fjord?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)