|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Grænlendinga Saga, Chapters 5 - 6, Thorvald Explores Vinland, Thorstein Eiriksson Dies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Thorstein and his men to Vinland?
(a) All of the above.
(b) An embassador from Earl Eirik.
(c) Gudrid, Thorstein's wife.
(d) A Christian missionary.
2. What does Bjarni do when he hears Herjolf has moved to Greenland?
(a) Assumes his rank and position in Iceland.
(b) Prepares a mass emigration to follow.
(c) Takes men to bring him back to Iceland.
(d) Immediately sets off there in his ship.
3. What does Thorvald decide they should do when spring arrives?
(a) Divide the group into exploration parties to head out in every direction.
(b) Sail west along the coast to explore.
(c) Build another ship for cargo.
(d) Return to Greenland to bring more people.
4. What causes the Bjarni to lose his bearings at sea?
(a) Damaged instruments.
(b) Heavy fog and northerly winds.
(c) An inexperienced crew.
5. What do Thorvald and his men see further up the fjord?
(b) Planted crops.
(c) Ruins of great cities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Tyrkir?
2. What does Thorvald die of?
3. Who does Bjarni travel to see "some time later" after sighting the land to the west?
4. What is the land like that Bjarni sees first?
5. Which of the following best describes Bjarni?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)