|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Grænlendinga Saga, Chapters 5 - 6, Thorvald Explores Vinland, Thorstein Eiriksson Dies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eirik do when he finds Greenland?
(a) Returns immediately to Iceland.
(b) Decides to find land farther west.
(c) Declares the land uninhabitable.
(d) Explores it and name places for three years.
2. What do Leif and his crew do when their ship becomes grounded at low tide near the shore of a new land?
(a) Dig a trench to float the boat.
(b) Impatiently run ashore to explore.
(c) Observe the land from a distance until high tide returned.
(d) Remove supplies and abandon the boat.
3. What do the lumps on the beach Thorvald sees turn out to be?
(a) Piles of sand hiding an ambush.
(c) Dead men.
(d) Upside down skin boats with men under them.
4. What do Thorvald and his men see further up the fjord?
(a) Planted crops.
(d) Ruins of great cities.
5. What do Thorvald and his men do with the natives they encounter?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Attempt to communicate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Freydis?
2. Where do Thorvald and his men moor the boat and wander on shore?
3. What do Leif and his crew decide to do regarding their discovery of this land?
4. How is Tyrkir described?
5. What does Thorvald decide they should do when spring arrives?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)