|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Grænlendinga Saga, Chapters 5 - 6, Thorvald Explores Vinland, Thorstein Eiriksson Dies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Thorstein and much of his crew die?
(a) In a skirmish with the natives of Vinland.
(b) In a shipwreck.
(d) Thirst while they are lost at sea.
2. Why does Bjarni worry about the trip to Greenland?
(a) Because it was the wrong season.
(b) Because he did not trust Eirik the Red.
(c) Because none of the men had ever sailed there before.
(d) Because the sea was full of pirates.
3. How does Bjarni spend the rest of his days?
(a) As a pauper.
(b) Farming with his father in Greenland.
(c) Sick in bed with the plague.
(d) Sailing the seas looking for that land.
4. Why do the men wish to stop at this land?
(a) They think it is Greenland.
(b) For wood and water.
(c) The land is rich and beautiful.
(d) They are afraid of getting further lost.
5. What causes the Bjarni to lose his bearings at sea?
(a) Damaged instruments.
(b) Heavy fog and northerly winds.
(d) An inexperienced crew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bjarni travel to see "some time later" after sighting the land to the west?
2. What does Eirik do when he finds Greenland?
3. Where does Eirik propose to go when he leaves Iceland?
4. Who decides to further explore Vinland?
5. Where do Thorvald and his men moor the boat and wander on shore?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)