|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Grænlendinga Saga, Chapters 5 - 6, Thorvald Explores Vinland, Thorstein Eiriksson Dies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leif names the second land that he and his crew land on after a natural resource on it. What resource is this?
(a) A fresh water spring.
(b) The woods.
(c) Wide grasslands.
2. Who is Leif?
(a) The son of Eirik the Red.
(b) A messanger from the king.
(c) The brother of Eirik the Red.
(d) The founder of the colony on Iceland.
3. How do Thorstein and much of his crew die?
(b) In a shipwreck.
(c) In a skirmish with the natives of Vinland.
(d) Thirst while they are lost at sea.
4. Why does Eirik name the land he discovered "Greenland"?
(a) To attract people there.
(b) To give homage to the god of crops.
(c) Because there was lush green grass around the coast.
(d) Because the rocks and glaciers have a greenish tint.
5. How many men and ships return to Vinland with Thorvald?
(a) Thirty men in one ship.
(b) Nine men in one ship.
(c) Sixty men in eight ships.
(d) Thirty men in three ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eirik sentenced with by the Thorsness Assembly?
2. Where do Thorstein and his men first land on their trip?
3. What does Thorvald use to mark the spot he named Kjalarness?
4. Which of the following best describes Bjarni?
5. What causes a fight between Eirik and Thorgest?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)