|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Grænlendinga Saga, Chapters 3 - 4, Leif Explores Vinland, Leif Returns to Greenland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bjarni do when he hears Herjolf has moved to Greenland?
(a) Assumes his rank and position in Iceland.
(b) Prepares a mass emigration to follow.
(c) Takes men to bring him back to Iceland.
(d) Immediately sets off there in his ship.
2. What does Tyrkir find?
(a) A gold vein.
(b) A human settlement.
(c) Vines and grapes.
(d) Another boat anchored on upshore.
3. Why does Eirik name the land he discovered "Greenland"?
(a) Because the rocks and glaciers have a greenish tint.
(b) To attract people there.
(c) Because there was lush green grass around the coast.
(d) To give homage to the god of crops.
4. Why does Bjarni worry about the trip to Greenland?
(a) Because none of the men had ever sailed there before.
(b) Because it was the wrong season.
(c) Because he did not trust Eirik the Red.
(d) Because the sea was full of pirates.
5. Who is Leif?
(a) The brother of Eirik the Red.
(b) A messanger from the king.
(c) The son of Eirik the Red.
(d) The founder of the colony on Iceland.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bjarni spend the rest of his days?
2. How is Leif Eiriksson described?
3. What is Iceland like when Eirik the Red arrives there?
4. Who is Thorvald?
5. Leif names the second land that he and his crew land on after a natural resource on it. What resource is this?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)