|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Grænlendinga Saga, Chapters 3 - 4, Leif Explores Vinland, Leif Returns to Greenland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Leif?
(a) A messanger from the king.
(b) The son of Eirik the Red.
(c) The founder of the colony on Iceland.
(d) The brother of Eirik the Red.
2. Who decides to further explore Vinland?
3. Who does Bjarni travel to see "some time later" after sighting the land to the west?
(a) Eirik the Red.
(b) The Thorsness Assembly.
(c) Freydis, Eirik's daughter.
(d) Earl Eirik in Norway.
4. What is the land like that Bjarni sees first?
(a) Wooded with low hills.
(b) Heavily populated.
(c) Desolate and bare.
(d) Mountainous and icy.
5. Which of the following best describes Bjarni?
(a) A man of wealth and reputation.
(b) All of the above.
(c) The son of Herjolf Bardarson
(d) A merchant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes a fight between Eirik and Thorgest?
2. Who tries to join Leif Eiriksson in his journey but was injured at the last moment?
3. How is Leif Eiriksson described?
4. What does Bjarni do when he hears Herjolf has moved to Greenland?
5. Why do Eirik and Thorvald leave Norway?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)