|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Eirik's Saga, Chapters 3 - 4, Gudrid Goes to Greenland, Gudrid is Told Her Future.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bjarni travel to see "some time later" after sighting the land to the west?
(a) Earl Eirik in Norway.
(b) The Thorsness Assembly.
(c) Eirik the Red.
(d) Freydis, Eirik's daughter.
2. Where does Eirik go after the fight with Thorgest?
(a) To Dublin to appeal to his relatives for help.
(b) To Norway.
(c) None of these.
(d) To look for land sighted to the west.
3. What arrangement does Karlsefni make with Leif regarding the houses in Vinland?
(a) Karlsefni buys the houses from Leif.
(b) Leif is willing to lend Karlsefni the houses, but not give them.
(c) Karlsefni can use them until Leif arrives again.
(d) Leif gives him the houses on the condition that the settlement is named after him.
4. What was the land like that Thorvald and his men see to the west?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Attractive and forested.
(d) White sandy beaches and many islands.
5. What were the characteristics of the first land that Leif and his crew land on?
(a) Icy, rocky, and worthless.
(b) Low hills covered in grass.
(c) Dense forest with much lumber.
(d) Mountainous, steep, and forbidding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gudrid not want to help Thorbjorg?
2. What nickname is Leif given upon his return to Greenland?
3. What arrangement does Freydis have with the brothers Helgi and Finnbogi?
4. What happens on the trip to Greenland?
5. Where do Thorstein and his men first land on their trip?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)