|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Eirik's Saga, Chapters 3 - 4, Gudrid Goes to Greenland, Gudrid is Told Her Future.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leif do when he hears rumors about what happened in Vinland.
(a) Torture three of Freydis's men until he learns the truth.
(b) Travel to Vinland to determine the truth.
(c) Confront Freydis and demand the truth.
(d) Ignore the rumors.
2. Who is Einar?
(a) A very wealthy but mean man.
(b) Gudrid's foster father.
(c) The local cheiftan.
(d) A successful sea going trader.
3. Which of the following best describes the sentiment between Freydis and the brothers in Vinland?
(a) General ill will.
(c) Distrust and fear.
(d) Business and formality.
4. What does Thorvald decide they should do when spring arrives?
(a) Build another ship for cargo.
(b) Sail west along the coast to explore.
(c) Divide the group into exploration parties to head out in every direction.
(d) Return to Greenland to bring more people.
5. What do the lumps on the beach Thorvald sees turn out to be?
(a) Piles of sand hiding an ambush.
(c) Upside down skin boats with men under them.
(d) Dead men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the characteristics of the first land that Leif and his crew land on?
2. What do Eirik's slaves do that caused problems?
3. What reception does Karlsefni receive in Norway?
4. After her time in Orkney, where does Aud go?
5. Where do the men bury Thorvald?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)