|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Eirik's Saga, Chapters 7 - 8, Karlsefni in Greenland, Karlsefni Goes to Vinland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Thorstein and much of his crew die?
(a) In a shipwreck.
(c) In a skirmish with the natives of Vinland.
(d) Thirst while they are lost at sea.
2. What do Thorvald and his men see further up the fjord?
(b) Ruins of great cities.
(c) Planted crops.
3. What does Aud do to the men that she brings to Iceland?
(a) Keep them the remainder of their lives as servants.
(b) Send them to explore abroad.
(c) Gave them land.
(d) Execute them.
4. What is the result of the trouble the slaves started?
(a) Eirik kills some men.
(b) The neighbors kill Eirik's slaves.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Eirik is banished from Haukedale.
5. What was the general division of people between the two ships that travel with Karlsefni to Vinland?
(a) Pagans on one and Christians on the other.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Karlsefni and his crew of Icelanders on one, Greenlanders on the other.
(d) Karlsefni's seamen were split evenly between the two ships to increase the chances of both arriving safely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found in abundance on the island near Straumfjord?
2. What happens after the fight with Thorgest?
3. According to the prophecy, where will Gudrid go on pilgrimage?
4. How does Eirik find Greenland?
5. What does the expedition see as they approach Vinland?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)