|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Eirik's Saga, Chapters 7 - 8, Karlsefni in Greenland, Karlsefni Goes to Vinland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Eirik's slaves do that caused problems?
(a) Threaten passerbys.
(b) Steal sheep.
(c) Proposition the neighbor's daughter.
(d) Start a landslide.
2. What happens between Thorgest and Eirik when Eirik returns to Iceland?
(a) A reconciliation is reached.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Thorgest and Eirik battle again.
(d) Eirik is deated.
3. What does the expedition see as they approach Vinland?
(a) A pod of strange whales.
(b) Several islands of varying landscapes.
(c) Settlements far to the north.
(d) A ghost ship.
4. How do Thorstein and much of his crew die?
(a) In a skirmish with the natives of Vinland.
(b) Thirst while they are lost at sea.
(c) In a shipwreck.
5. What happens when Eirik requests his possessions back from Thorgest?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Two of Thorgest's sons and several other men were killed.
(c) Eirik went to get them when they were not returned.
(d) A fight broke out.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her time in Orkney, where does Aud go?
2. What do Thorvald and Eirik do because "of some killings" in Jaederen?
3. What does Thorvald use to mark the spot he named Kjalarness?
4. What do Thorvald and his men do with the natives they encounter?
5. Where does Eirik go after the fight with Thorgest?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)