|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark's promotion calls for what from Mark?
2. He tries what the others recommend and he tries other things. Why does he try other things?
3. Mark is able to go ______________ at Indianapolis, and when he tells another driver this fact, the other man is shocked and walks off, literally reeling from the blow.
4. Mark says that he makes recommendations for certain changes but what happens in this case?
5. They are happy because they have satisfied ___________________ by winning the Fomula races with the Javelins.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the early 1970s, Roger Penske has a meeting with the American Motors people.
Part 1) Describe the reason for this meeting. How does Mark feel about this meeting? Why? How does this meeting affect Penske's racing team? How does it affect Mark specifically?
Part 2) What other changes take place within the Penske racing team over the years during which Mark is a driver? Why do these changes take place? How do these changes affect the Penske team?
Part 3) Do changes like these take place in other sports and forms of entertainment? If so, how and why? If not, why not? How do changes affect fans and the sport's image?
Essay Topic 2
Mark is, at first, disappointed and a disappointment in Germany.
Part 1) Why does Mark go to Germany? Describe his initial experience in Germany. Why is it disappointing and even somewhat offensive? What does this reveal about Mark, his team, and the Germans?
Part 2) How does this trip to Germany change over time? What leads to these changes? How does this trip turn from a negative to a positive experience for Mark, the Penske team, and the Germans?
Part 3) Describe a time when you were disappointed. What led to this disappointment? How did you handle this disappointment? What did you learn from this experience?
Essay Topic 3
Indianapolis is an important track for Mark.
Part 1) Describe this track. Why is it so important to Mark? How does racing on this track affect Mark and others? What do they learn from racing on this track?
Part 2) What other races are important to Mark and his career? Why? How do these races alter his thinking, choice in cars, or beliefs about racing?
Part 3) What events in your own life have been significant? Why?
This section contains 2,211 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)