Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. This chapter is dated ________________.
2. Does Mark feel that any of the fans have even the vaguest idea of what it is he is actually doing?
3. They are happy because they have satisfied ___________________ by winning the Fomula races with the Javelins.
4. Mark ends up in a car in which he says it is impossible to win. The cars doing well are over _____________ faster than his.
5. The McLaren is still only able to reach a maximum speed of ____________, whereas the Eagle cars are blowing them away, at 7mph faster.
Essay Topic 1
The title of the book is The Unfair Advantage.
Part 1) To what does this pertain? How is this important throughout the book? When does Mark try to have an unfair advantage? Why?
Part 2) How is the unfair advantage tied to a rule of secrecy in racing? How is this secrecy both helpful and detrimental? Might racing be so secretive today? Why or why not?
Part 3) When have you acted secretive or unfairly? Why did you do this? What was the outcome? How does this compare to the actions of racing teams described in this book?
Essay Topic 2
In 1963, Donohue has only been racing for three years.
Part 1) Describe his experiences at this point as a driver. How do these experiences affect him? Why does he consider being just a "normal engineer?"
Part 2) What causes Donohue to stick with racing? What does this conviction and desire reveal about him?
Part 3) Based on this information regarding racing in the early 1960s, how much has racing, as well as automobile engineering in general, changed over time?
Essay Topic 3
In the early 1970s, Roger Penske has a meeting with the American Motors people.
Part 1) Describe the reason for this meeting. How does Mark feel about this meeting? Why? How does this meeting affect Penske's racing team? How does it affect Mark specifically?
Part 2) What other changes take place within the Penske racing team over the years during which Mark is a driver? Why do these changes take place? How do these changes affect the Penske team?
Part 3) Do changes like these take place in other sports and forms of entertainment? If so, how and why? If not, why not? How do changes affect fans and the sport's image?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)