|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark says that he makes recommendations for certain changes but what happens in this case?
2. Can all drivers master the same troubles?
3. In this chapter, Mark travels to ________________ with Roger Penske.
4. Mark thinks he does not care about being famous until he thinks about what?
5. When Mark asks other drivers about the troubles he is having, how do the others respond?
Short Essay Questions
1. For whom is this book good? Why?
2. How does the Penske team almost break one of the racing rules?
3. How is Mark affected by the anti-skid system?
4. What fact is reiterated using Mark's difficulty at Indianapolis?
5. How does Mark find a winning car for Indianapolis?
6. What happens when Mark asks for advice from other drivers? Why do they act this way?
7. Compare the Germans to the Americans.
8. What do Roger Penske and Mark Donohue have in common?
9. Describe Mark's experience with NASCAR. What does he learn from this experience?
10. Describe the disaster in the garage. What does Mark think about this accident?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mark dislikes leaving bad feelings between himself and anyone else.
Part 1) Why does he reveal this about himself? What example is given regarding a time when he is not given a chance to work out problems with someone else?
Part 2) Why is this attitude regarding relationships important in racing? Do you see it as being more important in racing than in other fields? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this foreshadow events to come in Mark's life? What might you learn from this attitude of Mark's regarding others?
Essay Topic 2
Mark is, at first, disappointed and a disappointment in Germany.
Part 1) Why does Mark go to Germany? Describe his initial experience in Germany. Why is it disappointing and even somewhat offensive? What does this reveal about Mark, his team, and the Germans?
Part 2) How does this trip to Germany change over time? What leads to these changes? How does this trip turn from a negative to a positive experience for Mark, the Penske team, and the Germans?
Part 3) Describe a time when you were disappointed. What led to this disappointment? How did you handle this disappointment? What did you learn from this experience?
Essay Topic 3
Indianapolis is an important track for Mark.
Part 1) Describe this track. Why is it so important to Mark? How does racing on this track affect Mark and others? What do they learn from racing on this track?
Part 2) What other races are important to Mark and his career? Why? How do these races alter his thinking, choice in cars, or beliefs about racing?
Part 3) What events in your own life have been significant? Why?
This section contains 1,419 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)