Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. This chapter is dated ________________.
2. Does Mark feel that any of the fans have even the vaguest idea of what it is he is actually doing?
3. They are happy because they have satisfied ___________________ by winning the Fomula races with the Javelins.
4. Mark ends up in a car in which he says it is impossible to win. The cars doing well are over _____________ faster than his.
5. The McLaren is still only able to reach a maximum speed of ____________, whereas the Eagle cars are blowing them away, at 7mph faster.
Essay Topic 1
Roger Penske is Mark's funder and organizer.
Part 1) Describe their relationship. How does it begin? How does it affect both their careers in racing?
Part 2) How does this relationship change over time? Why? In the end, is this a good partnership? Why or why not?
Part 3) How important are funders and organizers today in sports and other forms of entertainment? How does this importance affect the relationship between the funder and the one he or she funds, as well as the form of entertainment?
Essay Topic 2
Mark comes into contact with many other drivers.
Part 1) Name two of these drivers and describe them. How do they compare to Mark, as far as personality and driving record?
Part 2) Describe the relationships between the drivers. How might this compare to the relationships between athletes in other sports?
Part 3) How do other drivers factor into one's abilities on the race track? How does this parallel real life, outside of racing?
Essay Topic 3
Mark's son writes the introduction to this book.
Part 1) Summarize the introduction. How is the introduction important? What is intriguing about the information given in this introduction?
Part 2) How does this introduction prepare the reader for the rest of the story? How does Donohue get into racing? Does this seem surprising? Why or why not?
Part 3) What interests do you have? How could these interests influence your future? What do these interests reveal about you?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)