|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the engineers are repairing a car, what happens in the garage?
(a) A cigarette falls on the ground.
(b) A lighter catches fabric on fire.
(c) A spark catches.
(d) A match is lit.
2. Mark Donohue has a strong, positive instinctive reaction to a new car that the _______________ people have made to try at Indianapolis, where they are underdogs without much experience.
3. The McLaren is still only able to reach a maximum speed of ____________, whereas the Eagle cars are blowing them away, at 7mph faster.
4. Mark thinks he does not care about being famous until he thinks about what?
(a) His disappointed fans.
(b) Being alone and unneeded once the season ends.
(c) How he will feel going back to being a nobody.
(d) How much he enjoys signing autographs.
5. There is something about one of the cars the Penske team is running at Indianapolis that is particularly ______________ for Mark Donohue.
Short Answer Questions
1. McLaren is not doing very well at the time, and they end up getting Mark to drive one of their cars. Can this happen without taking him away from Roger Penske?
2. One feature of Roger Penske and also of Mark Donohue is that, despite all their speed, they actually do what?
3. Do the race cars arrive already built?
4. Will these changes automatically help other drivers?
5. Is success as a driver extremely important to Mark?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mark feel during this chapter? Why?
2. Overall, what does Donohue think about his trip to Germany?
3. What does Mark say about race cars in general? How does this lead to a reiteration of an important fact?
4. What happens when Mark asks for advice from other drivers? Why do they act this way?
5. Describe the disaster in the garage. What does Mark think about this accident?
6. What late adjustment is made regarding the McLaren car and the Eagle cars?
7. What is Mark's initial reaction in Germany? How does Roger feel at first?
8. Describe Mark's disappointing performance. How does this become a positive situation?
9. How does the Penske team prepare for Formula One racing?
10. For whom is this book good? Why?
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)