|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roger Penske has had ________________ races in the back of his mind.
(a) Formula One.
(b) Dirt track.
2. When Mark asks other drivers about the troubles he is having, how do the others respond?
(a) They taunt him.
(b) They do not provide him with solutions.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They give him fake solutions.
3. Months are spent in deliberation about whether or not the Penske team should or would try ___________________.
(a) Can-Am racing.
(b) IRL racing.
(c) NASCAR racing.
(d) Formula One.
4. There is something about one of the cars the Penske team is running at Indianapolis that is particularly ______________ for Mark Donohue.
5. This chapter is dated ________________.
(a) 1971 and 1972.
(b) 1970 and 1971.
(c) 1973 and 1974.
(d) 1972 and 1973.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Germans included in the "deal?"
2. Mark ends up in a car in which he says it is impossible to win. The cars doing well are over _____________ faster than his.
3. One feature of Roger Penske and also of Mark Donohue is that, despite all their speed, they actually do what?
4. Mark manages to place at the finish in some cases, by doing what?
5. Mark writes that after ____________ years of losing, they have learned a great deal and Mark hopes to return as a team manager in a way that can make them win.
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare the Germans to the Americans.
2. Describe Mark's experience with NASCAR. What does he learn from this experience?
3. What does Mark say about racing fuel in this chapter? Why is this important?
4. How does Mark find a winning car for Indianapolis?
5. Describe Mark's disappointing performance. How does this become a positive situation?
6. What does Mark say about fame and success?
7. What does Roger Penske offer Mark? What does he think about this?
8. Why does the team take the car to Indianapolis for testing? Describe these tests. Is this a good idea? Why or why not?
9. How is Mark affected by the anti-skid system?
10. How does the Penske team prepare for Formula One racing?
This section contains 1,348 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)