|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark's promotion calls for what from Mark?
(a) A quick retirement.
(b) More training for running a team.
(c) A signed contract.
(d) A major psychological adjustment.
2. Mark says that he makes recommendations for certain changes but what happens in this case?
(a) The others tell him that even without such changes the other driver was faster in the same car.
(b) The others do not trust Mark's ideas.
(c) Their recommendations are better than Mark's.
(d) They disagree with his suggestions.
3. On his _______ run in the car, after some changes have been made, Mark Donohue sets a new record.
4. Mark finishes _______ and is mocked by another driver.
5. Do the race cars arrive already built?
Short Answer Questions
1. This chapter is dated ____________.
2. Does Mark feel that any of the fans have even the vaguest idea of what it is he is actually doing?
3. Mark Donohue has a strong, positive instinctive reaction to a new car that the _______________ people have made to try at Indianapolis, where they are underdogs without much experience.
4. While the engineers are repairing a car, what happens in the garage?
5. In professional auto racing it is _____________________ that make(s) the race.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mark feel during this chapter? Why?
2. Describe Mark's death.
3. Compare the Germans to the Americans.
4. What fact is reiterated using Mark's difficulty at Indianapolis?
5. What late adjustment is made regarding the McLaren car and the Eagle cars?
6. What takes place right after a victory?
7. What does Mark say about race cars in general? How does this lead to a reiteration of an important fact?
8. How is this book important to race car enthusiasts?
9. Describe Mark's disappointing performance. How does this become a positive situation?
10. What does Mark say about fame and success?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)