|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roger Penske has had ________________ races in the back of his mind.
(a) Formula One.
(c) Dirt track.
2. Is Mark getting worse at racing?
(a) Yes, he has become a horrible driver.
(b) No, he is still improving.
(c) Yes, he is becoming slightly worse.
(d) No, he is ceasing to improve.
3. This chapter is dated _________.
4. What is a second possible reason for why the drivers respond the way they do in number 139?
(a) Because of how much the trouble in question depends on what Mark is like.
(b) Because of the contracts they have signed.
(c) Because of the difficulties in the construction of race cars.
(d) Because of how ignorant they are.
5. Mark finishes _______ and is mocked by another driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his _______ run in the car, after some changes have been made, Mark Donohue sets a new record.
2. Roger Penske offers Mark a salaried _____________ position.
3. Months are spent in deliberation about whether or not the Penske team should or would try ___________________.
4. Does Mark feel that any of the fans have even the vaguest idea of what it is he is actually doing?
5. When Mark asks other drivers about the troubles he is having, how do the others respond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mark's initial reaction in Germany? How does Roger feel at first?
2. What does Roger Penske offer Mark? What does he think about this?
3. How does the Penske team prepare for Formula One racing?
4. How does Mark feel during this chapter? Why?
5. Overall, what does Donohue think about his trip to Germany?
6. Compare the Germans to the Americans.
7. What late adjustment is made regarding the McLaren car and the Eagle cars?
8. How is Mark affected by the anti-skid system?
9. What fact is reiterated using Mark's difficulty at Indianapolis?
10. Describe the disaster in the garage. What does Mark think about this accident?
This section contains 1,155 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)