|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark feels maybe this accident is for the best. Why?
(a) The Lolas were not good cars.
(b) The garage was in need of major repair.
(c) There is a lot of work for everyone.
(d) The insurance covered all damages.
2. Roger says yes, but only after _________________ of consideration and a modification of the plans of how they will do it.
3. There is an incredible ___________ system created and implemented by this team.
4. How does Mark feel about his last year as a race car driver?
(b) Very hesitant.
(d) Somewhat hesitant.
5. In _________ at Indianapolis, Mark Donohue is fed up with these problems, even though during much of his career this is just the sort of thing he has enjoyed doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark requests a car to be built a certain way. Then he road tests it at the track for how many days?
2. They discuss what to do in the event that they cannot find what?
3. The Europeans do not realize that the Americans are used to having who drive the race cars?
4. Is Mark getting worse at racing?
5. This time, in the _______________, they find a way to make it so that they almost break one of the rules but somehow manage to make a wing-like adjustment to the car that will not actually break the rules.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Penske team almost break one of the racing rules?
2. Why does the team take the car to Indianapolis for testing? Describe these tests. Is this a good idea? Why or why not?
3. How is this book important to race car enthusiasts?
4. What does Mark say about race cars in general? How does this lead to a reiteration of an important fact?
5. Describe Mark's disappointing performance. How does this become a positive situation?
6. What fact is reiterated using Mark's difficulty at Indianapolis?
7. Describe Mark's retirement.
8. How does Mark find a winning car for Indianapolis?
9. What does Mark learn about himself after retirement?
10. What happens when Mark asks for advice from other drivers? Why do they act this way?
This section contains 1,272 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)