|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark is shocked when what is offered to them?
(a) Illegal drugs.
(b) Illegal car parts.
(c) Free room and board.
(d) Alcohol with a meal.
2. This chapter is dated __________.
3. Do all drivers have the ability to overcome every challenge that a given race car can pose?
(c) Almost always.
4. He tries what the others recommend and he tries other things. Why does he try other things?
(a) In case they are wrong or being intentionally deceitful.
(b) He likes to be right.
(c) To rule out all possibilities.
(d) He is bored.
5. For Mark Donohue, does success have anything to do with the crowds?
(a) No, not at all.
(b) Yes, always.
(c) Yes, usually.
(d) No, not necessarily.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his _______ run in the car, after some changes have been made, Mark Donohue sets a new record.
2. Right after a victory, the Porsche people offer the Penske people the opportunity to run a brand new type of Porsche ______ designed for racing conditions.
3. For the first time ever in Mark's professional racing career, it turns out that it is wrong to use _____________ differentials in his race car.
4. How does Mark feel about his last year as a race car driver?
5. Mark Donohue has a strong, positive instinctive reaction to a new car that the _______________ people have made to try at Indianapolis, where they are underdogs without much experience.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roger Penske think about the situation with American Motors? How does the situation with American Motors work out well for everyone involved?
2. What happens when Mark asks for advice from other drivers? Why do they act this way?
3. Describe Mark's experience with NASCAR. What does he learn from this experience?
4. Compare the Germans to the Americans.
5. How does the Penske team almost break one of the racing rules?
6. How does Mark find a winning car for Indianapolis?
7. What do Roger Penske and Mark Donohue have in common?
8. What takes place right after a victory?
9. What is Mark's initial reaction in Germany? How does Roger feel at first?
10. Overall, what does Donohue think about his trip to Germany?
This section contains 1,256 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)