|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. They look for a way to get further into Formula One racing and realize that the opening at _________________ race track may enable them to get the team to the next level.
(b) Watkins Glen.
(c) Churchill Downs.
2. Mark is able to go ______________ at Indianapolis, and when he tells another driver this fact, the other man is shocked and walks off, literally reeling from the blow.
3. This chapter is dated _________.
4. The Penske team presently has ___________ different cars running in NASCAR, Can-Am and USAC style races for the season.
5. Donohue and his colleague ________ talk much of the night about what a great opportunity this is and what can be done with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roger Penske take Mark to Europe?
2. A lot of race cars do not run on what fuel?
3. They spend ______________ getting to know the car and how it works and why it has the problems it has.
4. Will these changes automatically help other drivers?
5. Right after a victory, the Porsche people offer the Penske people the opportunity to run a brand new type of Porsche ______ designed for racing conditions.
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you believe that teams should be allowed to almost break the rules? Why or why not?
2. Describe Mark's death.
3. Compare the Germans to the Americans.
4. How does Mark feel during this chapter? Why?
5. How does the Penske team almost break one of the racing rules?
6. How is this book important to race car enthusiasts?
7. What late adjustment is made regarding the McLaren car and the Eagle cars?
8. What does Roger Penske think about the situation with American Motors? How does the situation with American Motors work out well for everyone involved?
9. What happens when Mark asks for advice from other drivers? Why do they act this way?
10. Describe the disaster in the garage. What does Mark think about this accident?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)