|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is normal for race cars to require what?
(a) Further development.
(b) Several organizers.
(c) Very few new parts.
(d) Several drivers.
2. There is an incredible ___________ system created and implemented by this team.
3. Any changes in a car include what?
(a) The driver's limitations.
(b) The team owner's ideas.
(c) The sponsor's products.
(d) Limited expenses.
4. Can all drivers master the same troubles?
(a) Yes, often.
(b) Yes, most of the time.
(c) Yes, always.
(d) No, not always.
5. Is Mark getting worse at racing?
(a) No, he is still improving.
(b) Yes, he is becoming slightly worse.
(c) No, he is ceasing to improve.
(d) Yes, he has become a horrible driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark writes that after ____________ years of losing, they have learned a great deal and Mark hopes to return as a team manager in a way that can make them win.
2. For the first time ever in Mark's professional racing career, it turns out that it is wrong to use _____________ differentials in his race car.
3. Roger says yes, but only after _________________ of consideration and a modification of the plans of how they will do it.
4. This chapter is dated _________.
5. Mark knows he wants to leave racing before what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the team take the car to Indianapolis for testing? Describe these tests. Is this a good idea? Why or why not?
2. How is Mark affected by the anti-skid system?
3. What does Mark say about fame and success?
4. Describe Mark's disappointing performance. How does this become a positive situation?
5. What does Roger Penske think about the situation with American Motors? How does the situation with American Motors work out well for everyone involved?
6. Compare the Germans to the Americans.
7. How does Mark find a winning car for Indianapolis?
8. What fact is reiterated using Mark's difficulty at Indianapolis?
9. What does Mark learn about himself after retirement?
10. What takes place right after a victory?
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)