|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This chapter is dated ____________.
2. This chapter is dated ________________.
(a) 1972 and 1973.
(b) 1971 and 1972.
(c) 1973 and 1974.
(d) 1970 and 1971.
3. Mark manages to place at the finish in some cases, by doing what?
(a) Driving to the very best of his ability.
(b) Driving good cars.
(c) Tricking other drivers.
(d) Running others off the track.
4. This chapter is dated _________.
5. How does Mark feel about his last year as a race car driver?
(b) Somewhat hesitant.
(d) Very hesitant.
6. Sunoco is interested in Formula A racing, partly because of what reason?
(a) The prize for the winner is large.
(b) The cars are very good.
(c) The drivers are very experienced.
(d) The cars that run it actually do rely on gasoline.
7. Mark requests a car to be built a certain way. Then he road tests it at the track for how many days?
8. When does Mark write this autobiography?
(a) After he retires.
(b) Right before he retires.
(c) After coming out of retirement.
(d) Early in his career.
9. When does Mark die?
(a) July 19, 1975.
(b) April 19, 1975.
(c) August 19, 1975.
(d) December 19, 1975.
10. He tries what the others recommend and he tries other things. Why does he try other things?
(a) He likes to be right.
(b) He is bored.
(c) In case they are wrong or being intentionally deceitful.
(d) To rule out all possibilities.
11. They discuss what to do in the event that they cannot find what?
(a) A good enough crew chief to win the Can-Am races.
(b) A good enough driver to win the Can-Am races.
(c) A good enough pit crew to win the Can-Am races.
(d) A good enough car to win the Can-Am races.
12. When Mark asks other drivers about the troubles he is having, how do the others respond?
(a) They give him fake solutions.
(b) They do not provide him with solutions.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They taunt him.
13. There is a man named ________ who has an important role in introducing Mark Donohue to how they go about doing things in Europe.
14. Mark's promotion calls for what from Mark?
(a) A signed contract.
(b) A major psychological adjustment.
(c) A quick retirement.
(d) More training for running a team.
15. Is Mark getting worse at racing?
(a) Yes, he has become a horrible driver.
(b) No, he is ceasing to improve.
(c) Yes, he is becoming slightly worse.
(d) No, he is still improving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark writes that after ____________ years of losing, they have learned a great deal and Mark hopes to return as a team manager in a way that can make them win.
2. Why does Roger Penske take Mark to Europe?
3. Why is Mark not happy during this chapter?
4. On his _______ run in the car, after some changes have been made, Mark Donohue sets a new record.
5. What is one reason why the other drivers respond the way they do in number 139?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)