|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do the cars require a lot of development after arriving?
(b) No, rarely.
(c) No, not usually.
(d) No, never.
2. A lot of race cars do not run on what fuel?
3. This time, in the _______________, they find a way to make it so that they almost break one of the rules but somehow manage to make a wing-like adjustment to the car that will not actually break the rules.
(a) D16 Deimler.
(b) M16 McLaren.
(c) M16 Mercedes.
(d) B16 BMW.
4. In professional auto racing it is _____________________ that make(s) the race.
(a) The driver.
(b) The vehicle.
(c) The pit crew.
(d) Both the driver and the vehicle.
5. Can all drivers master the same troubles?
(a) Yes, most of the time.
(b) Yes, often.
(c) Yes, always.
(d) No, not always.
6. They look for a way to get further into Formula One racing and realize that the opening at _________________ race track may enable them to get the team to the next level.
(a) Watkins Glen.
(d) Churchill Downs.
7. Sunoco is interested in Formula A racing, partly because of what reason?
(a) The prize for the winner is large.
(b) The cars are very good.
(c) The cars that run it actually do rely on gasoline.
(d) The drivers are very experienced.
8. Mark Donohue has a strong, positive instinctive reaction to a new car that the _______________ people have made to try at Indianapolis, where they are underdogs without much experience.
9. Mark is shocked when what is offered to them?
(a) Illegal car parts.
(b) Alcohol with a meal.
(c) Free room and board.
(d) Illegal drugs.
10. Will these changes automatically help other drivers?
(a) Most likely.
11. When does Mark die?
(a) April 19, 1975.
(b) December 19, 1975.
(c) August 19, 1975.
(d) July 19, 1975.
12. Mark knows he wants to leave racing before what?
(a) He is too old to race.
(b) The fans do not like him.
(c) He is burned out from racing.
(d) He turns into a loser instead of continuing to be a winner.
13. Mark feels maybe this accident is for the best. Why?
(a) There is a lot of work for everyone.
(b) The garage was in need of major repair.
(c) The Lolas were not good cars.
(d) The insurance covered all damages.
14. Why is Mark not happy during this chapter?
(a) He is stuck driving a car that is not right for the races in which they are used.
(b) He is lonely.
(c) He often disagrees with Roger Penske.
(d) He misses the Lolas that were burned.
15. On his _______ run in the car, after some changes have been made, Mark Donohue sets a new record.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roger Penske take Mark to Europe?
2. The McLaren is still only able to reach a maximum speed of ____________, whereas the Eagle cars are blowing them away, at 7mph faster.
3. This chapter is dated ________________.
4. Mark says that he makes recommendations for certain changes but what happens in this case?
5. Mark thinks he does not care about being famous until he thinks about what?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)