|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This chapter is dated ________________.
(a) 1973 and 1974.
(b) 1970 and 1971.
(c) 1971 and 1972.
(d) 1972 and 1973.
2. Do all drivers have the ability to overcome every challenge that a given race car can pose?
(c) Almost always.
3. When does Mark die?
(a) July 19, 1975.
(b) December 19, 1975.
(c) August 19, 1975.
(d) April 19, 1975.
4. Does Mark feel that any of the fans have even the vaguest idea of what it is he is actually doing?
(a) Yes, a few.
(b) Yes, most.
(c) Yes, many.
5. They discuss what to do in the event that they cannot find what?
(a) A good enough car to win the Can-Am races.
(b) A good enough driver to win the Can-Am races.
(c) A good enough crew chief to win the Can-Am races.
(d) A good enough pit crew to win the Can-Am races.
6. The Europeans do not realize that the Americans are used to having who drive the race cars?
(a) Young men.
(c) Trained drivers.
7. Will these changes automatically help other drivers?
(a) Most likely.
8. Success relies on what?
(a) Neither the car nor the driver.
(b) The driver.
(c) The car.
(d) The car and the driver.
9. Why is Mark not happy during this chapter?
(a) He often disagrees with Roger Penske.
(b) He is stuck driving a car that is not right for the races in which they are used.
(c) He is lonely.
(d) He misses the Lolas that were burned.
10. Their experience at Indianapolis proves ________________.
(a) Very helpful.
(c) Not helpful.
(d) Somewhat helpful.
11. What must happen to any problem the driver cannot handle?
(a) The driver must be taught how to handle these problems.
(b) The driver must be replaced.
(c) The problem must be accepted by the driver.
(d) It must be engineered out of the car.
12. There is an important meeting that provides for another team of drivers to take over so that Javelins will still run for __________________ even though Roger Penske will not do it.
(a) Ford Motors.
(b) General Motors.
(c) Dodge Motors.
(d) American Motors.
13. There is an incredible ___________ system created and implemented by this team.
14. Mark says that he makes recommendations for certain changes but what happens in this case?
(a) The others do not trust Mark's ideas.
(b) The others tell him that even without such changes the other driver was faster in the same car.
(c) Their recommendations are better than Mark's.
(d) They disagree with his suggestions.
15. Is success as a driver extremely important to Mark?
Short Answer Questions
1. Can all drivers master the same troubles?
2. Sunoco is interested in Formula A racing, partly because of what reason?
3. He tries what the others recommend and he tries other things. Why does he try other things?
4. Mark thinks he does not care about being famous until he thinks about what?
5. McLaren is not doing very well at the time, and they end up getting Mark to drive one of their cars. Can this happen without taking him away from Roger Penske?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)