|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Germans included in the "deal?"
(a) Mark wants to work with Flegl.
(b) They are excellent car makers.
(c) The Germans have the top-rated engines.
(d) Mark likes racing German cars.
2. Success relies on what?
(a) Neither the car nor the driver.
(b) The car.
(c) The car and the driver.
(d) The driver.
3. Mark feels maybe this accident is for the best. Why?
(a) The garage was in need of major repair.
(b) The insurance covered all damages.
(c) There is a lot of work for everyone.
(d) The Lolas were not good cars.
4. How does Mark describe the Europeans?
(a) Very arrogant and rude.
(b) Very tough, very demanding and with very high expectations of each other.
(c) Very energetic and happy.
(d) Very easy-going and calm, with low expectations.
5. The Europeans do not realize that the Americans are used to having who drive the race cars?
(b) Young men.
(c) Trained drivers.
6. When does Mark die?
(a) August 19, 1975.
(b) July 19, 1975.
(c) December 19, 1975.
(d) April 19, 1975.
7. There is something about one of the cars the Penske team is running at Indianapolis that is particularly ______________ for Mark Donohue.
8. Mark says that he makes recommendations for certain changes but what happens in this case?
(a) Their recommendations are better than Mark's.
(b) They disagree with his suggestions.
(c) The others do not trust Mark's ideas.
(d) The others tell him that even without such changes the other driver was faster in the same car.
9. Mark's promotion calls for what from Mark?
(a) A quick retirement.
(b) A major psychological adjustment.
(c) More training for running a team.
(d) A signed contract.
10. Do all drivers have the ability to overcome every challenge that a given race car can pose?
(c) Almost always.
11. Do the cars require a lot of development after arriving?
(a) No, rarely.
(b) No, not usually.
(d) No, never.
12. Roger Penske has had ________________ races in the back of his mind.
(a) Dirt track.
(b) Formula One.
13. Mark ends up in a car in which he says it is impossible to win. The cars doing well are over _____________ faster than his.
14. Can all drivers master the same troubles?
(a) Yes, often.
(b) No, not always.
(c) Yes, always.
(d) Yes, most of the time.
15. How is Mark Donohue lucky in this situation?
(a) He is racing, so he is not around when the incident occurs.
(b) He is napping when the incident occurs, so he is not around.
(c) He is signing autographs, so he is not around when the incident occurs.
(d) He is out of town, so he is not around when the incident occurs.
Short Answer Questions
1. This is a ____________ race, but their car has one anyway.
2. They look for a way to get further into Formula One racing and realize that the opening at _________________ race track may enable them to get the team to the next level.
3. What is one reason why the other drivers respond the way they do in number 139?
4. Mark requests a car to be built a certain way. Then he road tests it at the track for how many days?
5. Mark is shocked when what is offered to them?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)