|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Europeans do not realize that the Americans are used to having who drive the race cars?
(b) Young men.
(c) Trained drivers.
2. This time, in the _______________, they find a way to make it so that they almost break one of the rules but somehow manage to make a wing-like adjustment to the car that will not actually break the rules.
(a) M16 McLaren.
(b) B16 BMW.
(c) D16 Deimler.
(d) M16 Mercedes.
3. Finally, while his performance in NASCAR racing goes very badly, Mark writes that the other drivers are friendlier. Why?
(a) He is one of the losers.
(b) He is a good driver.
(c) He is a nice guy.
(d) He has a good reputation.
4. For the first time ever in Mark's professional racing career, it turns out that it is wrong to use _____________ differentials in his race car.
5. Do the cars require a lot of development after arriving?
(a) No, never.
(c) No, not usually.
(d) No, rarely.
6. Mark writes that after ____________ years of losing, they have learned a great deal and Mark hopes to return as a team manager in a way that can make them win.
(b) A dozen.
(d) A couple.
7. What does Mark note about Flegl?
(a) The man is easy-going.
(b) The man is arrogant.
(c) The man is meticulous.
(d) The man is unusual.
8. Can all drivers master the same troubles?
(a) Yes, often.
(b) No, not always.
(c) Yes, always.
(d) Yes, most of the time.
9. This chapter is dated _________.
10. This chapter is dated __________.
11. Mark suggests that they check for an alternative in cars that they can run where?
(a) In the dirt track races.
(b) In the IRL races.
(c) In the NASCAR races.
(d) In the USAC races.
12. What is one reason why the other drivers respond the way they do in number 139?
(a) They do not know how to deal with these troubles either.
(b) They do not like to help each other.
(c) They do not hear Mark.
(d) They do not like Mark.
13. Mark Donohue begins this chapter informing readers that the team is taking their race car to Indianapolis in order to do what?
(a) To see how much the team has improved.
(b) To win large amounts of prize money.
(c) Run tests on the wheels they are seriously considering using during the upcoming race season.
(d) Race against the best teams.
14. Is Mark getting worse at racing?
(a) No, he is ceasing to improve.
(b) Yes, he has become a horrible driver.
(c) No, he is still improving.
(d) Yes, he is becoming slightly worse.
15. Mark requests a car to be built a certain way. Then he road tests it at the track for how many days?
Short Answer Questions
1. For Mark Donohue, does success have anything to do with the crowds?
2. Donohue and his colleague ________ talk much of the night about what a great opportunity this is and what can be done with it.
3. This chapter is dated ________________.
4. Success relies on what?
5. Mark finishes _______ and is mocked by another driver.
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)