|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This chapter is dated __________.
2. There is a man named ________ who has an important role in introducing Mark Donohue to how they go about doing things in Europe.
3. While the engineers are repairing a car, what happens in the garage?
(a) A lighter catches fabric on fire.
(b) A cigarette falls on the ground.
(c) A match is lit.
(d) A spark catches.
4. Roger Penske has had ________________ races in the back of his mind.
(b) Formula One.
(c) Dirt track.
5. Mark Donohue has a strong, positive instinctive reaction to a new car that the _______________ people have made to try at Indianapolis, where they are underdogs without much experience.
6. Mark Donohue begins this chapter informing readers that the team is taking their race car to Indianapolis in order to do what?
(a) Race against the best teams.
(b) To win large amounts of prize money.
(c) Run tests on the wheels they are seriously considering using during the upcoming race season.
(d) To see how much the team has improved.
7. Mark is able to go ______________ at Indianapolis, and when he tells another driver this fact, the other man is shocked and walks off, literally reeling from the blow.
8. This time, in the _______________, they find a way to make it so that they almost break one of the rules but somehow manage to make a wing-like adjustment to the car that will not actually break the rules.
(a) M16 Mercedes.
(b) D16 Deimler.
(c) M16 McLaren.
(d) B16 BMW.
9. What is one reason why the other drivers respond the way they do in number 139?
(a) They do not like to help each other.
(b) They do not hear Mark.
(c) They do not know how to deal with these troubles either.
(d) They do not like Mark.
10. When does Mark write this autobiography?
(a) After he retires.
(b) Early in his career.
(c) Right before he retires.
(d) After coming out of retirement.
11. Who wins the last race in which Donohue ever drives?
(a) Mario Andretti.
(b) Tom Petty.
(c) Dale Earnhardt.
(d) Mark Donohue.
12. The driver will normally have changes made to the race car. Why?
(a) So that the car is at its best.
(b) So that he can drive it best.
(c) So the parts are made by those companies that sponsor the car.
(d) So the organizer is happy.
13. There is an important meeting that provides for another team of drivers to take over so that Javelins will still run for __________________ even though Roger Penske will not do it.
(a) Dodge Motors.
(b) American Motors.
(c) General Motors.
(d) Ford Motors.
14. Mark feels maybe this accident is for the best. Why?
(a) There is a lot of work for everyone.
(b) The Lolas were not good cars.
(c) The insurance covered all damages.
(d) The garage was in need of major repair.
15. Mark suggests that they check for an alternative in cars that they can run where?
(a) In the dirt track races.
(b) In the USAC races.
(c) In the IRL races.
(d) In the NASCAR races.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sunoco is interested in Formula A racing, partly because of what reason?
2. Roger Penske offers Mark a salaried _____________ position.
3. They look for a way to get further into Formula One racing and realize that the opening at _________________ race track may enable them to get the team to the next level.
4. Is success as a driver extremely important to Mark?
5. For the first time ever in Mark's professional racing career, it turns out that it is wrong to use _____________ differentials in his race car.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)