|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Will these changes automatically help other drivers?
(c) Most likely.
2. Roger Penske has had ________________ races in the back of his mind.
(a) Dirt track.
(c) Formula One.
3. Mark Donohue begins this chapter informing readers that the team is taking their race car to Indianapolis in order to do what?
(a) Run tests on the wheels they are seriously considering using during the upcoming race season.
(b) To win large amounts of prize money.
(c) To see how much the team has improved.
(d) Race against the best teams.
4. The team makes progress by doing well in Formula ____.
5. Mark Donohue has a strong, positive instinctive reaction to a new car that the _______________ people have made to try at Indianapolis, where they are underdogs without much experience.
6. Why does Roger Penske take Mark to Europe?
(a) To take a vacation.
(b) To study NASCAR.
(c) To learn how to drive.
(d) To find a car for the next season's racing.
7. There is an incredible ___________ system created and implemented by this team.
8. They discuss what to do in the event that they cannot find what?
(a) A good enough pit crew to win the Can-Am races.
(b) A good enough car to win the Can-Am races.
(c) A good enough crew chief to win the Can-Am races.
(d) A good enough driver to win the Can-Am races.
9. In this chapter, Mark travels to ________________ with Roger Penske.
10. Mark Donohue disappoints everyone because he drives a car for the first time and what happens?
(a) He comes in slower and is unhappy with the whole vehicle.
(b) He wrecks it.
(c) He returns back to the U.S.
(d) He decides to quit racing.
11. It is normal for race cars to require what?
(a) Very few new parts.
(b) Further development.
(c) Several drivers.
(d) Several organizers.
12. Mark finishes _______ and is mocked by another driver.
13. Do the cars require a lot of development after arriving?
(a) No, never.
(b) No, not usually.
(d) No, rarely.
14. This time, in the _______________, they find a way to make it so that they almost break one of the rules but somehow manage to make a wing-like adjustment to the car that will not actually break the rules.
(a) B16 BMW.
(b) M16 McLaren.
(c) D16 Deimler.
(d) M16 Mercedes.
15. Mark's promotion calls for what from Mark?
(a) More training for running a team.
(b) A major psychological adjustment.
(c) A signed contract.
(d) A quick retirement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sunoco is interested in Formula A racing, partly because of what reason?
2. While the engineers are repairing a car, what happens in the garage?
3. Is Mark getting worse at racing?
4. They spend ______________ getting to know the car and how it works and why it has the problems it has.
5. Mark comes out of retirement to drive in a race. What happens?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)