|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Germans included in the "deal?"
(a) The Germans have the top-rated engines.
(b) Mark likes racing German cars.
(c) They are excellent car makers.
(d) Mark wants to work with Flegl.
2. Mark is able to go ______________ at Indianapolis, and when he tells another driver this fact, the other man is shocked and walks off, literally reeling from the blow.
3. There is a man named ________ who has an important role in introducing Mark Donohue to how they go about doing things in Europe.
4. Months are spent in deliberation about whether or not the Penske team should or would try ___________________.
(a) Formula One.
(b) Can-Am racing.
(c) IRL racing.
(d) NASCAR racing.
5. Mark Donohue disappoints everyone because he drives a car for the first time and what happens?
(a) He returns back to the U.S.
(b) He comes in slower and is unhappy with the whole vehicle.
(c) He wrecks it.
(d) He decides to quit racing.
6. Will these changes automatically help other drivers?
(a) Most likely.
7. Their experience at Indianapolis proves ________________.
(a) Very helpful.
(b) Not helpful.
(c) Somewhat helpful.
8. In this chapter, Mark travels to ________________ with Roger Penske.
9. In _________ at Indianapolis, Mark Donohue is fed up with these problems, even though during much of his career this is just the sort of thing he has enjoyed doing.
10. How does the chapter end?
(a) They win a championship.
(b) They enter a championship race.
(c) They lose.
(d) They almost win a championship.
11. Mark thinks he does not care about being famous until he thinks about what?
(a) How he will feel going back to being a nobody.
(b) How much he enjoys signing autographs.
(c) Being alone and unneeded once the season ends.
(d) His disappointed fans.
12. When does Mark die?
(a) April 19, 1975.
(b) December 19, 1975.
(c) July 19, 1975.
(d) August 19, 1975.
13. This time, in the _______________, they find a way to make it so that they almost break one of the rules but somehow manage to make a wing-like adjustment to the car that will not actually break the rules.
(a) D16 Deimler.
(b) M16 Mercedes.
(c) M16 McLaren.
(d) B16 BMW.
14. Success relies on what?
(a) The driver.
(b) Neither the car nor the driver.
(c) The car.
(d) The car and the driver.
15. While the engineers are repairing a car, what happens in the garage?
(a) A match is lit.
(b) A cigarette falls on the ground.
(c) A lighter catches fabric on fire.
(d) A spark catches.
Short Answer Questions
1. There is something about one of the cars the Penske team is running at Indianapolis that is particularly ______________ for Mark Donohue.
2. Do the race cars arrive already built?
3. The Penske team presently has ___________ different cars running in NASCAR, Can-Am and USAC style races for the season.
4. Mark comes out of retirement to drive in a race. What happens?
5. When Mark asks other drivers about the troubles he is having, how do the others respond?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)