|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must happen to any problem the driver cannot handle?
(a) It must be engineered out of the car.
(b) The problem must be accepted by the driver.
(c) The driver must be replaced.
(d) The driver must be taught how to handle these problems.
2. Why does Roger Penske take Mark to Europe?
(a) To learn how to drive.
(b) To take a vacation.
(c) To study NASCAR.
(d) To find a car for the next season's racing.
3. Is Mark getting worse at racing?
(a) No, he is still improving.
(b) Yes, he is becoming slightly worse.
(c) Yes, he has become a horrible driver.
(d) No, he is ceasing to improve.
4. In professional auto racing it is _____________________ that make(s) the race.
(a) The vehicle.
(b) The driver.
(c) The pit crew.
(d) Both the driver and the vehicle.
5. It is normal for race cars to require what?
(a) Further development.
(b) Several drivers.
(c) Several organizers.
(d) Very few new parts.
6. Why is Mark not happy during this chapter?
(a) He misses the Lolas that were burned.
(b) He is lonely.
(c) He is stuck driving a car that is not right for the races in which they are used.
(d) He often disagrees with Roger Penske.
7. Mark is shocked when what is offered to them?
(a) Illegal drugs.
(b) Alcohol with a meal.
(c) Free room and board.
(d) Illegal car parts.
8. For the first time ever in Mark's professional racing career, it turns out that it is wrong to use _____________ differentials in his race car.
9. There is a man named ________ who has an important role in introducing Mark Donohue to how they go about doing things in Europe.
10. Why are the Germans included in the "deal?"
(a) The Germans have the top-rated engines.
(b) They are excellent car makers.
(c) Mark likes racing German cars.
(d) Mark wants to work with Flegl.
11. Mark Donohue disappoints everyone because he drives a car for the first time and what happens?
(a) He returns back to the U.S.
(b) He decides to quit racing.
(c) He comes in slower and is unhappy with the whole vehicle.
(d) He wrecks it.
12. Any changes in a car include what?
(a) Limited expenses.
(b) The driver's limitations.
(c) The team owner's ideas.
(d) The sponsor's products.
13. In _________ at Indianapolis, Mark Donohue is fed up with these problems, even though during much of his career this is just the sort of thing he has enjoyed doing.
14. Who wins the last race in which Donohue ever drives?
(a) Mario Andretti.
(b) Tom Petty.
(c) Mark Donohue.
(d) Dale Earnhardt.
15. When does Mark die?
(a) December 19, 1975.
(b) April 19, 1975.
(c) July 19, 1975.
(d) August 19, 1975.
Short Answer Questions
1. A lot of race cars do not run on what fuel?
2. Do all drivers have the ability to overcome every challenge that a given race car can pose?
3. Mark finishes _______ and is mocked by another driver.
4. Mark Donohue has a strong, positive instinctive reaction to a new car that the _______________ people have made to try at Indianapolis, where they are underdogs without much experience.
5. They spend ______________ getting to know the car and how it works and why it has the problems it has.
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)