|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Mark feel that any of the fans have even the vaguest idea of what it is he is actually doing?
(a) Yes, many.
(b) Yes, a few.
(c) Yes, most.
2. Mark feels maybe this accident is for the best. Why?
(a) The insurance covered all damages.
(b) There is a lot of work for everyone.
(c) The garage was in need of major repair.
(d) The Lolas were not good cars.
3. The driver will normally have changes made to the race car. Why?
(a) So that the car is at its best.
(b) So that he can drive it best.
(c) So the parts are made by those companies that sponsor the car.
(d) So the organizer is happy.
4. This time, in the _______________, they find a way to make it so that they almost break one of the rules but somehow manage to make a wing-like adjustment to the car that will not actually break the rules.
(a) B16 BMW.
(b) M16 McLaren.
(c) D16 Deimler.
(d) M16 Mercedes.
5. This chapter is dated __________.
6. Is Mark getting worse at racing?
(a) Yes, he is becoming slightly worse.
(b) Yes, he has become a horrible driver.
(c) No, he is ceasing to improve.
(d) No, he is still improving.
7. This is a ____________ race, but their car has one anyway.
(a) One wing.
(b) Two wing.
(c) Three wing.
(d) No wing.
8. How does Mark describe the Europeans?
(a) Very tough, very demanding and with very high expectations of each other.
(b) Very easy-going and calm, with low expectations.
(c) Very arrogant and rude.
(d) Very energetic and happy.
9. There is a problem with the fire extinguishers, and what is the result?
(a) The Lolas and the entire garage are burned to uselessness.
(b) The fire trucks have to come put the fire out.
(c) The men have to rely on buckets of water to put out the fire.
(d) One of the Lolas is burned.
10. This chapter is dated ________________.
(a) 1972 and 1973.
(b) 1973 and 1974.
(c) 1970 and 1971.
(d) 1971 and 1972.
11. Mark thinks he does not care about being famous until he thinks about what?
(a) His disappointed fans.
(b) How he will feel going back to being a nobody.
(c) How much he enjoys signing autographs.
(d) Being alone and unneeded once the season ends.
12. Do the race cars arrive already built?
13. This chapter is dated _________.
14. They spend ______________ getting to know the car and how it works and why it has the problems it has.
15. They are happy because they have satisfied ___________________ by winning the Fomula races with the Javelins.
(a) Ford Motors.
(b) Dodge Motors.
(c) General Motors.
(d) American Motors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark's promotion calls for what from Mark?
2. Mark is able to go ______________ at Indianapolis, and when he tells another driver this fact, the other man is shocked and walks off, literally reeling from the blow.
3. Roger Penske has had ________________ races in the back of his mind.
4. Do the cars require a lot of development after arriving?
5. The Europeans do not realize that the Americans are used to having who drive the race cars?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)