|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark is able to go ______________ at Indianapolis, and when he tells another driver this fact, the other man is shocked and walks off, literally reeling from the blow.
2. This chapter is dated _________.
3. Mark writes that after ____________ years of losing, they have learned a great deal and Mark hopes to return as a team manager in a way that can make them win.
(a) A dozen.
(b) A couple.
4. They look for a way to get further into Formula One racing and realize that the opening at _________________ race track may enable them to get the team to the next level.
(b) Watkins Glen.
(d) Churchill Downs.
5. Sunoco is interested in Formula A racing, partly because of what reason?
(a) The cars that run it actually do rely on gasoline.
(b) The prize for the winner is large.
(c) The drivers are very experienced.
(d) The cars are very good.
6. In _________ at Indianapolis, Mark Donohue is fed up with these problems, even though during much of his career this is just the sort of thing he has enjoyed doing.
7. Donohue and his colleague ________ talk much of the night about what a great opportunity this is and what can be done with it.
8. How does Mark describe the Europeans?
(a) Very arrogant and rude.
(b) Very energetic and happy.
(c) Very tough, very demanding and with very high expectations of each other.
(d) Very easy-going and calm, with low expectations.
9. Mark comes out of retirement to drive in a race. What happens?
(a) He is killed in a car crash during a practice for the race.
(b) He decides to continue his professional racing career.
(c) He is disqualified from the race.
(d) He wins the race.
10. Mark requests a car to be built a certain way. Then he road tests it at the track for how many days?
11. Mark manages to place at the finish in some cases, by doing what?
(a) Tricking other drivers.
(b) Driving good cars.
(c) Driving to the very best of his ability.
(d) Running others off the track.
12. There is a man named ________ who has an important role in introducing Mark Donohue to how they go about doing things in Europe.
13. Right after a victory, the Porsche people offer the Penske people the opportunity to run a brand new type of Porsche ______ designed for racing conditions.
14. Will these changes automatically help other drivers?
(d) Most likely.
15. It is normal for race cars to require what?
(a) Very few new parts.
(b) Further development.
(c) Several organizers.
(d) Several drivers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Success relies on what?
2. The Penske team presently has ___________ different cars running in NASCAR, Can-Am and USAC style races for the season.
3. Months are spent in deliberation about whether or not the Penske team should or would try ___________________.
4. How is Mark Donohue lucky in this situation?
5. This chapter is dated __________.
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)