|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark Donohue has a strong, positive instinctive reaction to a new car that the _______________ people have made to try at Indianapolis, where they are underdogs without much experience.
2. The Europeans do not realize that the Americans are used to having who drive the race cars?
(a) Trained drivers.
(c) Young men.
3. This chapter is dated ____________.
4. He tries what the others recommend and he tries other things. Why does he try other things?
(a) In case they are wrong or being intentionally deceitful.
(b) He likes to be right.
(c) To rule out all possibilities.
(d) He is bored.
5. Roger Penske offers Mark a salaried _____________ position.
(a) Team Organizer.
(b) Team Owner.
(c) Pit Crew Leader.
(d) Team Manager.
6. They are happy because they have satisfied ___________________ by winning the Fomula races with the Javelins.
(a) Ford Motors.
(b) General Motors.
(c) American Motors.
(d) Dodge Motors.
7. How is Mark Donohue lucky in this situation?
(a) He is racing, so he is not around when the incident occurs.
(b) He is out of town, so he is not around when the incident occurs.
(c) He is napping when the incident occurs, so he is not around.
(d) He is signing autographs, so he is not around when the incident occurs.
8. Mark manages to place at the finish in some cases, by doing what?
(a) Tricking other drivers.
(b) Driving good cars.
(c) Running others off the track.
(d) Driving to the very best of his ability.
9. There is a problem with the fire extinguishers, and what is the result?
(a) The men have to rely on buckets of water to put out the fire.
(b) One of the Lolas is burned.
(c) The Lolas and the entire garage are burned to uselessness.
(d) The fire trucks have to come put the fire out.
10. For Mark Donohue, does success have anything to do with the crowds?
(a) No, not at all.
(b) No, not necessarily.
(c) Yes, usually.
(d) Yes, always.
11. Mark Donohue disappoints everyone because he drives a car for the first time and what happens?
(a) He comes in slower and is unhappy with the whole vehicle.
(b) He returns back to the U.S.
(c) He decides to quit racing.
(d) He wrecks it.
12. When Mark asks other drivers about the troubles he is having, how do the others respond?
(a) They taunt him.
(b) They do not provide him with solutions.
(c) They give him fake solutions.
(d) They ignore him.
13. Right after a victory, the Porsche people offer the Penske people the opportunity to run a brand new type of Porsche ______ designed for racing conditions.
14. Mark requests a car to be built a certain way. Then he road tests it at the track for how many days?
15. Any changes in a car include what?
(a) The sponsor's products.
(b) The team owner's ideas.
(c) The driver's limitations.
(d) Limited expenses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roger Penske take Mark to Europe?
2. Months are spent in deliberation about whether or not the Penske team should or would try ___________________.
3. Mark feels maybe this accident is for the best. Why?
4. A lot of race cars do not run on what fuel?
5. There is a man named ________ who has an important role in introducing Mark Donohue to how they go about doing things in Europe.
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)