|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This chapter is dated _________.
2. What must happen to any problem the driver cannot handle?
(a) It must be engineered out of the car.
(b) The problem must be accepted by the driver.
(c) The driver must be replaced.
(d) The driver must be taught how to handle these problems.
3. Roger says yes, but only after _________________ of consideration and a modification of the plans of how they will do it.
4. Mark Donohue disappoints everyone because he drives a car for the first time and what happens?
(a) He decides to quit racing.
(b) He wrecks it.
(c) He comes in slower and is unhappy with the whole vehicle.
(d) He returns back to the U.S.
5. Do all drivers have the ability to overcome every challenge that a given race car can pose?
(d) Almost always.
6. Who wins the last race in which Donohue ever drives?
(a) Mario Andretti.
(b) Mark Donohue.
(c) Tom Petty.
(d) Dale Earnhardt.
7. They spend ______________ getting to know the car and how it works and why it has the problems it has.
8. While the engineers are repairing a car, what happens in the garage?
(a) A match is lit.
(b) A lighter catches fabric on fire.
(c) A spark catches.
(d) A cigarette falls on the ground.
9. One feature of Roger Penske and also of Mark Donohue is that, despite all their speed, they actually do what?
(a) Think things over before they commit to anything.
(b) Drive very slowly on public roads.
(c) Do not like to drive.
(d) Like to move slowly.
10. Is success as a driver extremely important to Mark?
11. Success relies on what?
(a) Neither the car nor the driver.
(b) The driver.
(c) The car and the driver.
(d) The car.
12. Mark thinks he does not care about being famous until he thinks about what?
(a) How much he enjoys signing autographs.
(b) His disappointed fans.
(c) How he will feel going back to being a nobody.
(d) Being alone and unneeded once the season ends.
13. In _________ at Indianapolis, Mark Donohue is fed up with these problems, even though during much of his career this is just the sort of thing he has enjoyed doing.
14. What is one reason why the other drivers respond the way they do in number 139?
(a) They do not hear Mark.
(b) They do not like to help each other.
(c) They do not like Mark.
(d) They do not know how to deal with these troubles either.
15. Right after a victory, the Porsche people offer the Penske people the opportunity to run a brand new type of Porsche ______ designed for racing conditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a second possible reason for why the drivers respond the way they do in number 139?
2. Mark requests a car to be built a certain way. Then he road tests it at the track for how many days?
3. This chapter is dated ________________.
4. Why does Roger Penske take Mark to Europe?
5. In professional auto racing it is _____________________ that make(s) the race.
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)