|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Any changes in a car include what?
(a) The sponsor's products.
(b) The team owner's ideas.
(c) The driver's limitations.
(d) Limited expenses.
2. On his _______ run in the car, after some changes have been made, Mark Donohue sets a new record.
3. Months are spent in deliberation about whether or not the Penske team should or would try ___________________.
(a) Formula One.
(b) IRL racing.
(c) NASCAR racing.
(d) Can-Am racing.
4. When does Mark die?
(a) August 19, 1975.
(b) December 19, 1975.
(c) April 19, 1975.
(d) July 19, 1975.
5. Mark says that he makes recommendations for certain changes but what happens in this case?
(a) The others tell him that even without such changes the other driver was faster in the same car.
(b) They disagree with his suggestions.
(c) The others do not trust Mark's ideas.
(d) Their recommendations are better than Mark's.
6. They discuss what to do in the event that they cannot find what?
(a) A good enough crew chief to win the Can-Am races.
(b) A good enough car to win the Can-Am races.
(c) A good enough driver to win the Can-Am races.
(d) A good enough pit crew to win the Can-Am races.
7. Mark Donohue has a strong, positive instinctive reaction to a new car that the _______________ people have made to try at Indianapolis, where they are underdogs without much experience.
8. The driver will normally have changes made to the race car. Why?
(a) So the parts are made by those companies that sponsor the car.
(b) So that the car is at its best.
(c) So the organizer is happy.
(d) So that he can drive it best.
9. There is an important meeting that provides for another team of drivers to take over so that Javelins will still run for __________________ even though Roger Penske will not do it.
(a) General Motors.
(b) American Motors.
(c) Ford Motors.
(d) Dodge Motors.
10. There is something about one of the cars the Penske team is running at Indianapolis that is particularly ______________ for Mark Donohue.
11. What must happen to any problem the driver cannot handle?
(a) The driver must be replaced.
(b) It must be engineered out of the car.
(c) The driver must be taught how to handle these problems.
(d) The problem must be accepted by the driver.
12. They look for a way to get further into Formula One racing and realize that the opening at _________________ race track may enable them to get the team to the next level.
(a) Watkins Glen.
(c) Churchill Downs.
13. This chapter is dated ____________.
14. Mark suggests that they check for an alternative in cars that they can run where?
(a) In the IRL races.
(b) In the NASCAR races.
(c) In the USAC races.
(d) In the dirt track races.
15. Will these changes automatically help other drivers?
(b) Most likely.
Short Answer Questions
1. He tries what the others recommend and he tries other things. Why does he try other things?
2. Mark manages to place at the finish in some cases, by doing what?
3. The team makes progress by doing well in Formula ____.
4. Roger Penske offers Mark a salaried _____________ position.
5. There is an incredible ___________ system created and implemented by this team.
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)