|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mark describe the Europeans?
(a) Very tough, very demanding and with very high expectations of each other.
(b) Very arrogant and rude.
(c) Very energetic and happy.
(d) Very easy-going and calm, with low expectations.
2. Why is Mark not happy during this chapter?
(a) He misses the Lolas that were burned.
(b) He is lonely.
(c) He is stuck driving a car that is not right for the races in which they are used.
(d) He often disagrees with Roger Penske.
3. A lot of race cars do not run on what fuel?
4. Why does Roger Penske take Mark to Europe?
(a) To learn how to drive.
(b) To take a vacation.
(c) To find a car for the next season's racing.
(d) To study NASCAR.
5. In this chapter, Mark travels to ________________ with Roger Penske.
6. The Europeans do not realize that the Americans are used to having who drive the race cars?
(c) Trained drivers.
(d) Young men.
7. The team makes progress by doing well in Formula ____.
8. Mark comes out of retirement to drive in a race. What happens?
(a) He is killed in a car crash during a practice for the race.
(b) He decides to continue his professional racing career.
(c) He wins the race.
(d) He is disqualified from the race.
9. Mark feels maybe this accident is for the best. Why?
(a) The insurance covered all damages.
(b) The garage was in need of major repair.
(c) The Lolas were not good cars.
(d) There is a lot of work for everyone.
10. Mark suggests that they check for an alternative in cars that they can run where?
(a) In the IRL races.
(b) In the dirt track races.
(c) In the USAC races.
(d) In the NASCAR races.
11. There is a problem with the fire extinguishers, and what is the result?
(a) The Lolas and the entire garage are burned to uselessness.
(b) The men have to rely on buckets of water to put out the fire.
(c) One of the Lolas is burned.
(d) The fire trucks have to come put the fire out.
12. Mark requests a car to be built a certain way. Then he road tests it at the track for how many days?
13. There is an incredible ___________ system created and implemented by this team.
14. Mark's promotion calls for what from Mark?
(a) A signed contract.
(b) A major psychological adjustment.
(c) More training for running a team.
(d) A quick retirement.
15. Is success as a driver extremely important to Mark?
Short Answer Questions
1. For Mark Donohue, does success have anything to do with the crowds?
2. Mark thinks he does not care about being famous until he thinks about what?
3. Can all drivers master the same troubles?
4. How does the chapter end?
5. Their experience at Indianapolis proves ________________.
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)