|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark thinks he does not care about being famous until he thinks about what?
(a) His disappointed fans.
(b) How much he enjoys signing autographs.
(c) Being alone and unneeded once the season ends.
(d) How he will feel going back to being a nobody.
2. Do the race cars arrive already built?
3. Mark writes that after ____________ years of losing, they have learned a great deal and Mark hopes to return as a team manager in a way that can make them win.
(b) A couple.
(d) A dozen.
4. There is a problem with the fire extinguishers, and what is the result?
(a) The men have to rely on buckets of water to put out the fire.
(b) One of the Lolas is burned.
(c) The fire trucks have to come put the fire out.
(d) The Lolas and the entire garage are burned to uselessness.
5. One feature of Roger Penske and also of Mark Donohue is that, despite all their speed, they actually do what?
(a) Think things over before they commit to anything.
(b) Drive very slowly on public roads.
(c) Do not like to drive.
(d) Like to move slowly.
6. Roger Penske offers Mark a salaried _____________ position.
(a) Pit Crew Leader.
(b) Team Manager.
(c) Team Owner.
(d) Team Organizer.
7. This chapter is dated __________.
8. When Mark asks other drivers about the troubles he is having, how do the others respond?
(a) They taunt him.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They give him fake solutions.
(d) They do not provide him with solutions.
9. This time, in the _______________, they find a way to make it so that they almost break one of the rules but somehow manage to make a wing-like adjustment to the car that will not actually break the rules.
(a) B16 BMW.
(b) M16 Mercedes.
(c) D16 Deimler.
(d) M16 McLaren.
10. The driver will normally have changes made to the race car. Why?
(a) So that the car is at its best.
(b) So the parts are made by those companies that sponsor the car.
(c) So that he can drive it best.
(d) So the organizer is happy.
11. They spend ______________ getting to know the car and how it works and why it has the problems it has.
12. How does Mark describe the Europeans?
(a) Very easy-going and calm, with low expectations.
(b) Very arrogant and rude.
(c) Very tough, very demanding and with very high expectations of each other.
(d) Very energetic and happy.
13. There is an incredible ___________ system created and implemented by this team.
14. Mark suggests that they check for an alternative in cars that they can run where?
(a) In the USAC races.
(b) In the IRL races.
(c) In the NASCAR races.
(d) In the dirt track races.
15. Mark says that he makes recommendations for certain changes but what happens in this case?
(a) Their recommendations are better than Mark's.
(b) The others do not trust Mark's ideas.
(c) They disagree with his suggestions.
(d) The others tell him that even without such changes the other driver was faster in the same car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Can all drivers master the same troubles?
2. It is normal for race cars to require what?
3. Donohue and his colleague ________ talk much of the night about what a great opportunity this is and what can be done with it.
4. Mark Donohue disappoints everyone because he drives a car for the first time and what happens?
5. Roger says yes, but only after _________________ of consideration and a modification of the plans of how they will do it.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)