|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Any changes in a car include what?
(a) The team owner's ideas.
(b) The sponsor's products.
(c) Limited expenses.
(d) The driver's limitations.
2. While the engineers are repairing a car, what happens in the garage?
(a) A lighter catches fabric on fire.
(b) A cigarette falls on the ground.
(c) A spark catches.
(d) A match is lit.
3. One feature of Roger Penske and also of Mark Donohue is that, despite all their speed, they actually do what?
(a) Drive very slowly on public roads.
(b) Do not like to drive.
(c) Think things over before they commit to anything.
(d) Like to move slowly.
4. Do the race cars arrive already built?
5. Why is Mark not happy during this chapter?
(a) He misses the Lolas that were burned.
(b) He is stuck driving a car that is not right for the races in which they are used.
(c) He is lonely.
(d) He often disagrees with Roger Penske.
6. Mark says that he makes recommendations for certain changes but what happens in this case?
(a) Their recommendations are better than Mark's.
(b) They disagree with his suggestions.
(c) The others do not trust Mark's ideas.
(d) The others tell him that even without such changes the other driver was faster in the same car.
7. Roger Penske offers Mark a salaried _____________ position.
(a) Team Organizer.
(b) Team Manager.
(c) Team Owner.
(d) Pit Crew Leader.
8. Sunoco is interested in Formula A racing, partly because of what reason?
(a) The prize for the winner is large.
(b) The cars are very good.
(c) The drivers are very experienced.
(d) The cars that run it actually do rely on gasoline.
9. Finally, while his performance in NASCAR racing goes very badly, Mark writes that the other drivers are friendlier. Why?
(a) He has a good reputation.
(b) He is a good driver.
(c) He is one of the losers.
(d) He is a nice guy.
10. This chapter is dated _________.
11. They look for a way to get further into Formula One racing and realize that the opening at _________________ race track may enable them to get the team to the next level.
(c) Watkins Glen.
(d) Churchill Downs.
12. Mark Donohue has a strong, positive instinctive reaction to a new car that the _______________ people have made to try at Indianapolis, where they are underdogs without much experience.
13. There is a problem with the fire extinguishers, and what is the result?
(a) One of the Lolas is burned.
(b) The Lolas and the entire garage are burned to uselessness.
(c) The fire trucks have to come put the fire out.
(d) The men have to rely on buckets of water to put out the fire.
14. In professional auto racing it is _____________________ that make(s) the race.
(a) The pit crew.
(b) Both the driver and the vehicle.
(c) The vehicle.
(d) The driver.
15. There is something about one of the cars the Penske team is running at Indianapolis that is particularly ______________ for Mark Donohue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark feels maybe this accident is for the best. Why?
2. The driver will normally have changes made to the race car. Why?
3. When Mark asks other drivers about the troubles he is having, how do the others respond?
4. He tries what the others recommend and he tries other things. Why does he try other things?
5. Mark knows he wants to leave racing before what?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)