|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is Mark getting worse at racing?
(a) Yes, he is becoming slightly worse.
(b) Yes, he has become a horrible driver.
(c) No, he is still improving.
(d) No, he is ceasing to improve.
2. There is an incredible ___________ system created and implemented by this team.
3. The Penske team presently has ___________ different cars running in NASCAR, Can-Am and USAC style races for the season.
4. Mark manages to place at the finish in some cases, by doing what?
(a) Driving to the very best of his ability.
(b) Tricking other drivers.
(c) Driving good cars.
(d) Running others off the track.
5. Mark is shocked when what is offered to them?
(a) Illegal drugs.
(b) Illegal car parts.
(c) Alcohol with a meal.
(d) Free room and board.
6. There is a problem with the fire extinguishers, and what is the result?
(a) The fire trucks have to come put the fire out.
(b) The men have to rely on buckets of water to put out the fire.
(c) The Lolas and the entire garage are burned to uselessness.
(d) One of the Lolas is burned.
7. When Mark asks other drivers about the troubles he is having, how do the others respond?
(a) They give him fake solutions.
(b) They do not provide him with solutions.
(c) They taunt him.
(d) They ignore him.
8. There is an important meeting that provides for another team of drivers to take over so that Javelins will still run for __________________ even though Roger Penske will not do it.
(a) American Motors.
(b) Ford Motors.
(c) Dodge Motors.
(d) General Motors.
9. They are happy because they have satisfied ___________________ by winning the Fomula races with the Javelins.
(a) Ford Motors.
(b) General Motors.
(c) American Motors.
(d) Dodge Motors.
10. This chapter is dated ________________.
(a) 1970 and 1971.
(b) 1971 and 1972.
(c) 1972 and 1973.
(d) 1973 and 1974.
11. One feature of Roger Penske and also of Mark Donohue is that, despite all their speed, they actually do what?
(a) Think things over before they commit to anything.
(b) Like to move slowly.
(c) Do not like to drive.
(d) Drive very slowly on public roads.
12. A lot of race cars do not run on what fuel?
13. Do the cars require a lot of development after arriving?
(a) No, rarely.
(b) No, never.
(c) No, not usually.
14. The McLaren is still only able to reach a maximum speed of ____________, whereas the Eagle cars are blowing them away, at 7mph faster.
15. Who wins the last race in which Donohue ever drives?
(a) Dale Earnhardt.
(b) Tom Petty.
(c) Mark Donohue.
(d) Mario Andretti.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is normal for race cars to require what?
2. Mark is able to go ______________ at Indianapolis, and when he tells another driver this fact, the other man is shocked and walks off, literally reeling from the blow.
3. Sunoco is interested in Formula A racing, partly because of what reason?
4. Mark knows he wants to leave racing before what?
5. On his _______ run in the car, after some changes have been made, Mark Donohue sets a new record.
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)