|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roger Penske is to communicate with Chevrolet's John DeLorean. Who is this man?
(a) A driver for Chevy.
(b) Chevy's General Manager.
(c) Chevy's spokesman.
(d) A pit crew leader for Chevy.
2. ______________, who brings out the new Lolas every season, wants a number 10 on one of the cars.
(a) Carlos Hacienda.
(b) Carl Haas.
(c) Carlton Hession.
(d) Carley Homer.
3. There are times during races when Mark does surprisingly well. Why is this surprising?
(a) He is a beginner.
(b) He has never driven before.
(c) He does not enjoy driving.
(d) He is a timid driver.
4. What is the simple truth about street cars?
(a) They are no good for real racing.
(b) They can be used for real racing.
(c) They are expensive.
(d) They are the same as race cars.
5. Roger Penske has a business meeting with representatives of what company?
(a) General Motors.
(b) American Motors.
6. What is the source of his discouragement?
(a) Roger Penske.
(b) The Daimler.
(c) The Corvette.
(d) Racing in general.
7. Mark reports to readers that he thinks about it for how long, and then decides to go ahead and give it a try?
(a) Two years.
(b) A whole year.
(c) A week.
(d) Six months.
8. He writes about how his Penske team uses ________________ to create a new car, and that this race car does just fine in at least one race.
9. What is someone able to offer Mark Donohue for racing on a team?
(a) A $130,000 annual salary.
(b) A $13,000 annual salary.
(c) A $1,300,000 annual salary.
(d) A $1,300 annual salary.
10. During the beginning, they run ________ wings.
11. Mark tries to drive for another team, but wisely does what?
(a) Tells Roger first.
(b) Discusses the decision with his wife.
(c) Goes home to think about this decision.
(d) Asks Roger first.
12. He has _____________ how the previous team had been able to make the car perform as well as it had.
(a) One idea.
(b) No idea.
(c) Some ideas.
(d) Many ideas.
13. Once they find the correct adjustments, the car is ________ seconds faster per lap than the others.
14. The next section is about the building of ___________ racing cars.
15. What does the company feel about the rebuilding of this engine?
(a) It is worried.
(b) It is angry.
(c) It is annoyed.
(d) It is happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mark feel about the performance of his car?
2. For how long has Mark Donohue been racing?
3. There are ______________ changes having to do with what will work with the Javelin race cars.
4. They do not run the cars much over __________________ at that track for that race.
5. Race car driving is all about finding limits the _________ way.
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)