|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The race cars, _____________ and the race tracks are featured in photos.
(a) The company owners.
(b) The driver.
(c) The pit crew.
(d) The Penske team.
2. Mark tries to drive for another team, but wisely does what?
(a) Discusses the decision with his wife.
(b) Goes home to think about this decision.
(c) Asks Roger first.
(d) Tells Roger first.
3. Roger Penske has a business meeting with representatives of what company?
(b) General Motors.
(c) American Motors.
4. Roger Penske always makes sure that Sunoco-Sun Oil Company has what?
(a) Money to donate to the Penske team.
(b) Good seats for the races.
(c) Their name written on every car they race.
(d) A television advertisement.
5. Mark tells readers that he dislikes _______________ between himself and anyone else.
(b) Too much space.
(d) Leaving bad feelings.
6. Mark Donahue explains that they reach a perfectly legitimate business deal. What does Mark think about this deal?
(a) It is critical to his success.
(b) It is an unusual deal.
(c) They are up to something.
(d) It is a good deal.
7. When Mark drives one car on a practice run, after the restrictions are released, the change in miles per hour that results is what?
8. They use the _______ wing for the final round of qualifying and for the real race.
9. Why do even the best of race cars often not last long?
(a) They are made of cheap materials.
(b) They are poorly made.
(c) They are held together with tape.
(d) They are driven so hard.
10. What car do they use to try out in a new racing venue?
(a) A brand new car.
(b) One that will not serve them in the races in which they have been running thus far.
(c) An old, trustworthy car.
(d) One that has served them well in other races.
11. This is a car which Mark Donohue explains is __________________ at first.
(a) Terribly unstable.
(b) Terribly strong.
(c) Terribly boring.
(d) Terribly built.
12. The most successful auto designs last for how many years?
13. ___________________ is one of the top drivers at the time.
(a) Dan Gurney.
(b) Dan Gordon.
(c) Dan Dale.
(d) Dan Smith.
14. For the first time, Mark finds someone who finds the ________ of the car.
15. On what does Mark run the Chevy?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, Camaro, the engineers build one race car with how many specific races in mind?
2. __________________ decides to make a big name for himself in racing, but he does not know much about how it actually works.
3. What will Mark also be able to claim?
4. During the beginning, they run ________ wings.
5. When does doing the normal work become more difficult?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)