|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He has _____________ how the previous team had been able to make the car perform as well as it had.
(a) Many ideas.
(b) Some ideas.
(c) No idea.
(d) One idea.
2. What will Mark also be able to claim?
(a) 50% of any prize money.
(b) 15% of any prize money.
(c) 20% of any prize money.
(d) 25% of any prize money.
3. Roger Penske always makes sure that Sunoco-Sun Oil Company has what?
(a) Money to donate to the Penske team.
(b) A television advertisement.
(c) Good seats for the races.
(d) Their name written on every car they race.
4. Once they find the correct adjustments, the car is ________ seconds faster per lap than the others.
5. In Indianapolis they call, "Gentlemen,....__________________" (p. 182).
(a) Hit the gas.
(b) Start your engines.
(c) You may begin.
6. Roger Penske is to communicate with Chevrolet's John DeLorean. Who is this man?
(a) A pit crew leader for Chevy.
(b) A driver for Chevy.
(c) Chevy's General Manager.
(d) Chevy's spokesman.
7. Chapter 15: The Lola T70 includes an experimental stiff set of ________________ that are so good they are reused in a number of race cars over several years.
8. This chapter starts in the year ___________.
9. When does doing the normal work become more difficult?
(a) The team members have changed roles.
(b) New team members are added.
(c) A new car is being worked on.
(d) The team doing it has trouble working together.
10. As what does Mark continue working?
(a) An electrical engineer.
(b) A musician.
(c) A mechanical engineer.
(d) A doctor.
11. Another young man invites Mark to race his __________________ one night.
12. Chapter 10 begins in what year?
13. How does this race allow them to feel?
(a) Anxious about their abilities.
(b) Nervous, yet excited.
(c) As if they can take certain kinds of risks they would never take in the other races.
(d) Conservative and restrained.
14. The team comes in _________ place.
15. For how long has Mark Donohue been racing?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author die?
2. Mark notes how much he is affected by the answer to number 30 when what happens?
3. With what company does the team have a history?
4. Mark tries to drive for another team, but wisely does what?
5. In at least one case, there is a specific difficulty with a car that is so bothersome that it makes him want to do what?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)