|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark Donohue frequently acknowledges the help of whom?
(a) Roger Penske.
(b) His father.
(c) His son.
2. What kind of racing is the answer to number 86?
(a) This is a new set of auto races.
(b) This is a set of sprint races.
(c) This is an International set of auto races.
(d) This is an American set of auto races.
3. Does Mark prefer to be alone?
4. Mark tells readers that he very nearly becomes "just ________________."
(a) A normal engineer.
(b) About nothing.
(c) A normal guy.
(d) A driver.
5. What is Mark's funder's response regarding driving for another?
(c) Not today.
6. In at least one case, there is a specific difficulty with a car that is so bothersome that it makes him want to do what?
(a) Sell the car.
(b) Stop racing.
(c) Not race the car.
(d) Buy a new car.
7. Does Mark ever feel like quitting?
(a) Yes, always.
(b) No, never.
(c) Yes, often.
(d) Yes, sometimes.
8. How does Mark feel about the performance of his car?
(c) Rather pleased.
9. The author points out how strong the relationship is between speed and ___________________.
10. The next section is about the building of ___________ racing cars.
11. Who is good for pursuing the same idea with Mark at this later date?
(a) The man who made him the same offer the previous time.
(b) Roger Penske.
(c) His teammates.
(d) A different man from the one who offered the previous time.
12. Why is there a serious debate about which type of tires to use in a given race?
(a) None of the tires are of good quality.
(b) Many of the tires seem to be the same.
(c) There is not much known about each brand of tires.
(d) The conflict is over values and loyalties.
13. What can Mark do based on this fact about his personal life?
(a) He can make certain types of decisions.
(b) Become depressed.
(d) Anything he wants.
14. They do not run the cars much over __________________ at that track for that race.
15. Roger Penske always makes sure that Sunoco-Sun Oil Company has what?
(a) Good seats for the races.
(b) Their name written on every car they race.
(c) Money to donate to the Penske team.
(d) A television advertisement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark Donohue is _____________ the Javelin race car.
2. Roger becomes frightened when he hears Roger Penske announce publicly that they are going to win _____ races driving Javelin race cars for American Motors.
3. The most successful auto designs last for how many years?
4. Roger Penske and his team players end up running ___________ cars in the USAC the next year.
5. Mark reports to readers that he thinks about it for how long, and then decides to go ahead and give it a try?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)