|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mark become accustomed to winning rather quickly?
(a) He likes to win.
(b) He has always been a winner.
(c) He becomes very angry when he loses.
(d) It happens so often.
2. He has _____________ how the previous team had been able to make the car perform as well as it had.
(a) Many ideas.
(b) One idea.
(c) Some ideas.
(d) No idea.
3. What is the source of his discouragement?
(a) Roger Penske.
(b) The Corvette.
(c) Racing in general.
(d) The Daimler.
4. Race car driving is all about finding limits the _________ way.
5. __________________ decides to make a big name for himself in racing, but he does not know much about how it actually works.
(a) Kevin Waylen.
(b) Kurt Wylee.
(c) Kirk White.
(d) Kyle Winters.
6. Who is the main competitor at this time?
7. What is Mark's funder's response regarding driving for another?
(c) Not today.
8. Mark tells readers that he very nearly becomes "just ________________."
(a) A normal engineer.
(b) A normal guy.
(c) About nothing.
(d) A driver.
9. The author points out how strong the relationship is between speed and ___________________.
10. On what does Mark run the Chevy?
11. This is a car which Mark Donohue explains is __________________ at first.
(a) Terribly unstable.
(b) Terribly boring.
(c) Terribly strong.
(d) Terribly built.
12. The race cars, _____________ and the race tracks are featured in photos.
(a) The pit crew.
(b) The Penske team.
(c) The driver.
(d) The company owners.
13. How does Mark feel about the performance of his car?
(b) Rather pleased.
14. Why was Mark able to place second at Indianapolis?
(a) The other drivers are all beginners.
(b) He is the best driver in the race.
(c) The car he is driving is the fastest.
(d) The car he is driving holds together whereas the others fall apart sooner.
15. Roger becomes frightened when he hears Roger Penske announce publicly that they are going to win _____ races driving Javelin race cars for American Motors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Another young man invites Mark to race his __________________ one night.
2. Chapter 10 begins in what year?
3. Roger Penske is to communicate with Chevrolet's John DeLorean. Who is this man?
4. There are times during races when Mark does surprisingly well. Why is this surprising?
5. What happens when Mark grows very discouraged?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)