|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He writes about how his Penske team uses ________________ to create a new car, and that this race car does just fine in at least one race.
2. In Indianapolis they call, "Gentlemen,....__________________" (p. 182).
(a) Start your engines.
(c) Hit the gas.
(d) You may begin.
3. The race cars, _____________ and the race tracks are featured in photos.
(a) The Penske team.
(b) The pit crew.
(c) The company owners.
(d) The driver.
4. There are ______________ changes having to do with what will work with the Javelin race cars.
5. In at least one case, there is a specific difficulty with a car that is so bothersome that it makes him want to do what?
(a) Sell the car.
(b) Stop racing.
(c) Buy a new car.
(d) Not race the car.
6. As what does Mark continue working?
(a) A mechanical engineer.
(b) A musician.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An electrical engineer.
7. The answer to number 70 breaks during the race and is repaired when?
(a) After the race.
(c) During rain delays.
(d) During the race.
8. Once they find the correct adjustments, the car is ________ seconds faster per lap than the others.
9. Mark has one car that is "perfectly balanced" but it takes him ___________ years to fully appreciate what a difference this makes.
10. This chapter starts in the year ___________.
11. What is the simple truth about street cars?
(a) They are expensive.
(b) They are no good for real racing.
(c) They can be used for real racing.
(d) They are the same as race cars.
12. Roger Penske always makes sure that Sunoco-Sun Oil Company has what?
(a) Good seats for the races.
(b) Their name written on every car they race.
(c) A television advertisement.
(d) Money to donate to the Penske team.
13. What car do they use to try out in a new racing venue?
(a) One that has served them well in other races.
(b) One that will not serve them in the races in which they have been running thus far.
(c) A brand new car.
(d) An old, trustworthy car.
14. How often does Mark work on the race cars?
(a) Not at all.
(b) Very little.
(c) A lot.
(d) A little.
15. With the new team in place, what do they do with the bulk of the previous system?
(a) They scrap it.
(b) The rework it.
(c) They study it.
(d) They save it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark realize about his car?
2. During the beginning, they run ________ wings.
3. How does Mark feel about the performance of his car?
4. Why does the answer to number 28 come as a bit of a shock?
5. What does Mark learn about automobiles?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)