|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________________ decides to make a big name for himself in racing, but he does not know much about how it actually works.
(a) Kevin Waylen.
(b) Kurt Wylee.
(c) Kirk White.
(d) Kyle Winters.
2. How does the author die?
(a) From a heart attack.
(b) From cancer.
(c) In a car crash during a race.
(d) In a car crash on the interstate.
3. Roger Penske has a business meeting with representatives of what company?
(b) General Motors.
(c) American Motors.
4. The Penske team enters ___________ racing.
5. During the beginning, they run ________ wings.
6. For the first time, Mark finds someone who finds the ________ of the car.
7. He has _____________ how the previous team had been able to make the car perform as well as it had.
(a) No idea.
(b) Some ideas.
(c) Many ideas.
(d) One idea.
8. The team handler offers Mark and the others a race. Is Mark interested?
(b) Only at first.
9. They do not run the cars much over __________________ at that track for that race.
10. During this chapter, Mark observes that they have at least one competitor who assumes that innovation is what?
(a) Somewhat important.
(b) Destined to fail.
11. Why was Mark able to place second at Indianapolis?
(a) The other drivers are all beginners.
(b) The car he is driving is the fastest.
(c) The car he is driving holds together whereas the others fall apart sooner.
(d) He is the best driver in the race.
12. As what does Mark continue working?
(a) A musician.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A mechanical engineer.
(d) An electrical engineer.
13. What does Mark learn about automobiles?
(a) How they work.
(b) When they were first created.
(c) How fast they can go.
(d) What does and does not make a good race car.
14. In Indianapolis they call, "Gentlemen,....__________________" (p. 182).
(a) You may begin.
(b) Start your engines.
(d) Hit the gas.
15. Does Mark prefer to be alone?
Short Answer Questions
1. This is a car which Mark Donohue explains is __________________ at first.
2. Roger Penske and his team players end up running ___________ cars in the USAC the next year.
3. Why does the answer to number 28 come as a bit of a shock?
4. Another young man invites Mark to race his __________________ one night.
5. What does Mark realize about his car?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)