|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As what does Mark continue working?
(a) An electrical engineer.
(b) A mechanical engineer.
(c) A musician.
(d) A doctor.
2. Mark Donahue explains that they reach a perfectly legitimate business deal. What does Mark think about this deal?
(a) They are up to something.
(b) It is an unusual deal.
(c) It is critical to his success.
(d) It is a good deal.
3. ___________________ is one of the top drivers at the time.
(a) Dan Gurney.
(b) Dan Gordon.
(c) Dan Smith.
(d) Dan Dale.
4. What does the company feel about the rebuilding of this engine?
(a) It is worried.
(b) It is annoyed.
(c) It is happy.
(d) It is angry.
5. What car gets wrecked at the USAC races?
(a) The Sunfire.
(b) The Eagle.
(c) The Camry.
(d) The Charger.
6. The answer to number 70 breaks during the race and is repaired when?
(b) During rain delays.
(c) After the race.
(d) During the race.
7. What can Mark do based on this fact about his personal life?
(a) He can make certain types of decisions.
(b) Anything he wants.
(d) Become depressed.
8. Mark notes how much he is affected by the answer to number 30 when what happens?
(a) Others trick him into signing bad deals.
(b) He becomes close to a race car driver who is killed in a crash.
(c) He is alone for too long.
(d) Another race car driver is killed in a crash.
9. Mark Donohue frequently acknowledges the help of whom?
(a) His son.
(c) His father.
(d) Roger Penske.
10. Why is there a serious debate about which type of tires to use in a given race?
(a) Many of the tires seem to be the same.
(b) There is not much known about each brand of tires.
(c) The conflict is over values and loyalties.
(d) None of the tires are of good quality.
11. The race cars, _____________ and the race tracks are featured in photos.
(a) The Penske team.
(b) The pit crew.
(c) The company owners.
(d) The driver.
12. The next section is about the building of ___________ racing cars.
13. What does Mark realize about his car?
(a) Its power.
(b) Its quality.
(c) Its limitations.
(d) Its strengths.
14. Chapter 10 begins in what year?
15. Roger Penske is to communicate with Chevrolet's John DeLorean. Who is this man?
(a) A pit crew leader for Chevy.
(b) Chevy's General Manager.
(c) A driver for Chevy.
(d) Chevy's spokesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Mark able to place second at Indianapolis?
2. How does this race allow them to feel?
3. Who is the main competitor at this time?
4. The speeds at Indianapolis are _________________ of all the tracks.
5. The book begins with introductory writings by whom?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)