|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the source of his discouragement?
(a) Roger Penske.
(b) The Daimler.
(c) Racing in general.
(d) The Corvette.
2. The Penske team enters ___________ racing.
3. Mark Donohue frequently acknowledges the help of whom?
(a) Roger Penske.
(b) His son.
(d) His father.
4. How does the Ferrari man feel about number 95?
(a) He is jealous.
(b) He is happy about it.
(c) He is shocked by it.
(d) He is offended by this.
5. Mark tries to drive for another team, but wisely does what?
(a) Discusses the decision with his wife.
(b) Asks Roger first.
(c) Tells Roger first.
(d) Goes home to think about this decision.
6. In Indianapolis they call, "Gentlemen,....__________________" (p. 182).
(a) Hit the gas.
(b) You may begin.
(c) Start your engines.
7. Who is Mark Donohue's funder and organizer of the racing team for which he normally drives?
(a) Roger Northlands.
(b) Roger Penske.
(c) Roger Vickers.
(d) Roger Andretti.
8. Roger Penske has a business meeting with representatives of what company?
(b) American Motors.
(d) General Motors.
9. Chapter 14: Mclaren M6-B focuses upon ___________________ and how relevant they are to automotive performance.
(a) Axle rods.
(d) Wheel bearings.
10. Chapter 10 begins in what year?
11. During the beginning, they run ________ wings.
12. Once they find the correct adjustments, the car is ________ seconds faster per lap than the others.
13. Why do even the best of race cars often not last long?
(a) They are made of cheap materials.
(b) They are held together with tape.
(c) They are poorly made.
(d) They are driven so hard.
14. Roger Penske is to communicate with Chevrolet's John DeLorean. Who is this man?
(a) A driver for Chevy.
(b) Chevy's spokesman.
(c) A pit crew leader for Chevy.
(d) Chevy's General Manager.
15. For how long has Mark Donohue been racing?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark writes of qualifying a car for a race, and when he practices, he is _____________ near other cars.
2. There are ______________ changes having to do with what will work with the Javelin race cars.
3. On what does Mark run the Chevy?
4. Race car driving is all about finding limits the _________ way.
5. When does doing the normal work become more difficult?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)