|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it not possible for Mark Donohue to figure out whether this car oversteers, understeers or neither at Indianapolis?
(a) The track is too fast.
(b) The track is too short.
(c) The track is too narrow.
(d) The track is too slow.
2. Mark Donohue frequently acknowledges the help of whom?
(b) Roger Penske.
(c) His son.
(d) His father.
3. What is the source of his discouragement?
(a) Roger Penske.
(b) The Corvette.
(c) The Daimler.
(d) Racing in general.
4. The featured piece of hardware in this part of the book is what?
(a) The footer.
(b) The header.
(c) The spoiler.
(d) The spring.
5. Chapter 10 begins in what year?
6. Mark is with others often but also can feel very much alone. Why?
(a) He has poor social skills.
(b) He does not like other people.
(c) He is shy.
(d) He does not have much of a personal life.
7. Why is there a serious debate about which type of tires to use in a given race?
(a) The conflict is over values and loyalties.
(b) There is not much known about each brand of tires.
(c) None of the tires are of good quality.
(d) Many of the tires seem to be the same.
8. Roger becomes frightened when he hears Roger Penske announce publicly that they are going to win _____ races driving Javelin race cars for American Motors.
9. The main action in this chapter is that the Penske team decides to rebuild __________ engine.
(a) A Daimler.
(b) A Dodge.
(c) A Chevy.
(d) A Ford.
10. Why do even the best of race cars often not last long?
(a) They are held together with tape.
(b) They are poorly made.
(c) They are made of cheap materials.
(d) They are driven so hard.
11. When Mark drives one car on a practice run, after the restrictions are released, the change in miles per hour that results is what?
12. What car do they use to try out in a new racing venue?
(a) A brand new car.
(b) An old, trustworthy car.
(c) One that has served them well in other races.
(d) One that will not serve them in the races in which they have been running thus far.
13. What kind of racing is the answer to number 86?
(a) This is a set of sprint races.
(b) This is an American set of auto races.
(c) This is a new set of auto races.
(d) This is an International set of auto races.
14. What happens when Mark grows very discouraged?
(a) He calls his mom.
(b) He drives in more races.
(c) He almost completely stops racing.
(d) He is almost fired.
15. What color car does the driver want?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark has one car that is "perfectly balanced" but it takes him ___________ years to fully appreciate what a difference this makes.
2. Why does Mark become accustomed to winning rather quickly?
3. Mark tries to drive for another team, but wisely does what?
4. What does Mark realize about his car?
5. What does the company feel about the rebuilding of this engine?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)