|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The book begins with introductory writings by whom?
(a) The author.
(b) Roger Penske.
(c) The son of the deceased author.
(d) The wife of the deceased author.
2. What does Mark learn about automobiles?
(a) When they were first created.
(b) How fast they can go.
(c) What does and does not make a good race car.
(d) How they work.
3. The team comes in _________ place.
4. The team handler offers Mark and the others a race. Is Mark interested?
(b) Only at first.
5. Mark has one car that is "perfectly balanced" but it takes him ___________ years to fully appreciate what a difference this makes.
6. Mark explains that when they build for long-distance races their primary concern is what?
(a) To build cars that can last the race.
(b) To build cars with a lot of horsepower.
(c) To build light weight cars.
(d) To build cars that can go the fastest.
7. What car gets wrecked at the USAC races?
(a) The Camry.
(b) The Eagle.
(c) The Charger.
(d) The Sunfire.
8. Roger Penske and his team players end up running ___________ cars in the USAC the next year.
9. They do not run the cars much over __________________ at that track for that race.
10. What is the simple truth about street cars?
(a) They are the same as race cars.
(b) They can be used for real racing.
(c) They are expensive.
(d) They are no good for real racing.
11. Roger becomes frightened when he hears Roger Penske announce publicly that they are going to win _____ races driving Javelin race cars for American Motors.
12. The main action in this chapter is that the Penske team decides to rebuild __________ engine.
(a) A Daimler.
(b) A Ford.
(c) A Chevy.
(d) A Dodge.
13. Why does Mark become accustomed to winning rather quickly?
(a) He likes to win.
(b) It happens so often.
(c) He has always been a winner.
(d) He becomes very angry when he loses.
14. This is a car which Mark Donohue explains is __________________ at first.
(a) Terribly strong.
(b) Terribly unstable.
(c) Terribly boring.
(d) Terribly built.
15. When does doing the normal work become more difficult?
(a) New team members are added.
(b) The team doing it has trouble working together.
(c) The team members have changed roles.
(d) A new car is being worked on.
Short Answer Questions
1. There are times during races when Mark does surprisingly well. Why is this surprising?
2. Roger Penske always makes sure that Sunoco-Sun Oil Company has what?
3. On what does Mark run the Chevy?
4. Mark reports to readers that he thinks about it for how long, and then decides to go ahead and give it a try?
5. With what company does the team have a history?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)