|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Mark ever feel like quitting?
(a) Yes, often.
(b) No, never.
(c) Yes, always.
(d) Yes, sometimes.
2. Chapter 10 begins in what year?
3. The featured piece of hardware in this part of the book is what?
(a) The spring.
(b) The spoiler.
(c) The header.
(d) The footer.
4. What is the simple truth about street cars?
(a) They are the same as race cars.
(b) They are expensive.
(c) They are no good for real racing.
(d) They can be used for real racing.
5. How does this race allow them to feel?
(a) Anxious about their abilities.
(b) As if they can take certain kinds of risks they would never take in the other races.
(c) Conservative and restrained.
(d) Nervous, yet excited.
6. Roger Penske has a business meeting with representatives of what company?
(c) General Motors.
(d) American Motors.
7. How does the Ferrari man feel about number 95?
(a) He is offended by this.
(b) He is happy about it.
(c) He is shocked by it.
(d) He is jealous.
8. What is someone able to offer Mark Donohue for racing on a team?
(a) A $1,300,000 annual salary.
(b) A $13,000 annual salary.
(c) A $1,300 annual salary.
(d) A $130,000 annual salary.
9. There are times during races when Mark does surprisingly well. Why is this surprising?
(a) He is a timid driver.
(b) He does not enjoy driving.
(c) He has never driven before.
(d) He is a beginner.
10. What kind of racing is the answer to number 86?
(a) This is a new set of auto races.
(b) This is an International set of auto races.
(c) This is a set of sprint races.
(d) This is an American set of auto races.
11. He writes about how his Penske team uses ________________ to create a new car, and that this race car does just fine in at least one race.
12. What is the source of his discouragement?
(a) Roger Penske.
(b) The Corvette.
(c) Racing in general.
(d) The Daimler.
13. Mark is with others often but also can feel very much alone. Why?
(a) He does not like other people.
(b) He is shy.
(c) He does not have much of a personal life.
(d) He has poor social skills.
14. The author points out how strong the relationship is between speed and ___________________.
15. What does the company feel about the rebuilding of this engine?
(a) It is worried.
(b) It is annoyed.
(c) It is angry.
(d) It is happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. There are ______________ changes having to do with what will work with the Javelin race cars.
2. The answer to number 70 breaks during the race and is repaired when?
3. How does the author die?
4. Mark writes of qualifying a car for a race, and when he practices, he is _____________ near other cars.
5. The team comes in _________ place.
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)