|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the answer to number 28 come as a bit of a shock?
(a) Prior to this no one he had ever met had ever honestly been able to report that a car could go no faster and be referring to a race car.
(b) The race car is a very difficult vehicle to understand.
(c) The brakes are difficult to find in a race car.
(d) Cars during this time are very unattractive to the average person.
2. What does the company feel about the rebuilding of this engine?
(a) It is worried.
(b) It is annoyed.
(c) It is happy.
(d) It is angry.
3. Roger Penske always makes sure that Sunoco-Sun Oil Company has what?
(a) A television advertisement.
(b) Their name written on every car they race.
(c) Good seats for the races.
(d) Money to donate to the Penske team.
4. What does Mark realize about his car?
(a) Its power.
(b) Its limitations.
(c) Its quality.
(d) Its strengths.
5. There are times during races when Mark does surprisingly well. Why is this surprising?
(a) He is a beginner.
(b) He has never driven before.
(c) He does not enjoy driving.
(d) He is a timid driver.
6. Mark Donohue is a ___________________ student who likes cars.
(a) Electrical engineering.
(b) Mechanical engineering.
7. He has _____________ how the previous team had been able to make the car perform as well as it had.
(a) One idea.
(b) No idea.
(c) Some ideas.
(d) Many ideas.
8. Roger Penske has a business meeting with representatives of what company?
(c) General Motors.
(d) American Motors.
9. Once they find the correct adjustments, the car is ________ seconds faster per lap than the others.
10. During the beginning, they run ________ wings.
11. For how long has Mark Donohue been racing?
(a) Three years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
12. What will Mark also be able to claim?
(a) 15% of any prize money.
(b) 25% of any prize money.
(c) 50% of any prize money.
(d) 20% of any prize money.
13. They do not run the cars much over __________________ at that track for that race.
14. The team uses a little trickery to throw off those who are not on the team. What is this trickery, regarding wings?
(a) They make only one wing for two cars.
(b) They make three wings for two cars.
(c) They make two wings for one car.
(d) They make one wing for one car.
15. The answer to number 70 breaks during the race and is repaired when?
(b) During rain delays.
(c) After the race.
(d) During the race.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author die?
2. Roger becomes frightened when he hears Roger Penske announce publicly that they are going to win _____ races driving Javelin race cars for American Motors.
3. What is the simple truth about street cars?
4. When does doing the normal work become more difficult?
5. What kind of racing is the answer to number 86?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)