|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is good for pursuing the same idea with Mark at this later date?
(a) Roger Penske.
(b) The man who made him the same offer the previous time.
(c) His teammates.
(d) A different man from the one who offered the previous time.
2. Does Mark prefer to be alone?
3. Does Mark ever feel like quitting?
(a) Yes, sometimes.
(b) Yes, always.
(c) Yes, often.
(d) No, never.
4. How does this race allow them to feel?
(a) Nervous, yet excited.
(b) Conservative and restrained.
(c) Anxious about their abilities.
(d) As if they can take certain kinds of risks they would never take in the other races.
5. What is the simple truth about street cars?
(a) They can be used for real racing.
(b) They are the same as race cars.
(c) They are expensive.
(d) They are no good for real racing.
6. How does Mark feel about the performance of his car?
(d) Rather pleased.
7. The answer to number 70 breaks during the race and is repaired when?
(a) After the race.
(b) During the race.
(d) During rain delays.
8. They do not run the cars much over __________________ at that track for that race.
9. The main action in this chapter is that the Penske team decides to rebuild __________ engine.
(a) A Dodge.
(b) A Chevy.
(c) A Ford.
(d) A Daimler.
10. There are times during races when Mark does surprisingly well. Why is this surprising?
(a) He is a timid driver.
(b) He does not enjoy driving.
(c) He is a beginner.
(d) He has never driven before.
11. There are ______________ changes having to do with what will work with the Javelin race cars.
12. How does the Ferrari man feel about number 95?
(a) He is offended by this.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) He is shocked by it.
(d) He is happy about it.
13. The book begins with introductory writings by whom?
(a) The author.
(b) The son of the deceased author.
(c) The wife of the deceased author.
(d) Roger Penske.
14. With what company does the team have a history?
15. The team handler offers Mark and the others a race. Is Mark interested?
(a) Only at first.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author points out how strong the relationship is between speed and ___________________.
2. Who is Mark Donohue's funder and organizer of the racing team for which he normally drives?
3. The team uses a little trickery to throw off those who are not on the team. What is this trickery, regarding wings?
4. In Chapter 12, Camaro, the engineers build one race car with how many specific races in mind?
5. Chapter 15: The Lola T70 includes an experimental stiff set of ________________ that are so good they are reused in a number of race cars over several years.
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)