|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________________ decides to make a big name for himself in racing, but he does not know much about how it actually works.
(a) Kevin Waylen.
(b) Kyle Winters.
(c) Kirk White.
(d) Kurt Wylee.
2. The answer to number 86 brings out what?
(a) The best drivers and cars from all across the U.S.
(b) The best drivers and cars from around the world.
(c) The youngest and ambitious drivers.
(d) The fastest cars from around the world.
3. For the first time, Mark finds someone who finds the ________ of the car.
4. The race cars, _____________ and the race tracks are featured in photos.
(a) The Penske team.
(b) The driver.
(c) The pit crew.
(d) The company owners.
5. On what does Mark run the Chevy?
6. The next section is about the building of ___________ racing cars.
7. Roger Penske and his team players end up running ___________ cars in the USAC the next year.
8. How does the Ferrari man feel about number 95?
(a) He is happy about it.
(b) He is offended by this.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) He is shocked by it.
9. Mark Donahue explains that they reach a perfectly legitimate business deal. What does Mark think about this deal?
(a) It is critical to his success.
(b) It is a good deal.
(c) It is an unusual deal.
(d) They are up to something.
10. Why is it not possible for Mark Donohue to figure out whether this car oversteers, understeers or neither at Indianapolis?
(a) The track is too short.
(b) The track is too slow.
(c) The track is too narrow.
(d) The track is too fast.
11. Mark Donohue is _____________ the Javelin race car.
(a) Baffled by.
(b) Excited about.
(c) Angered by.
(d) Frustrated with.
12. In at least one case, there is a specific difficulty with a car that is so bothersome that it makes him want to do what?
(a) Not race the car.
(b) Buy a new car.
(c) Stop racing.
(d) Sell the car.
13. Why does Mark become accustomed to winning rather quickly?
(a) He likes to win.
(b) He becomes very angry when he loses.
(c) He has always been a winner.
(d) It happens so often.
14. What does Mark realize about his car?
(a) Its limitations.
(b) Its quality.
(c) Its strengths.
(d) Its power.
15. Roger becomes frightened when he hears Roger Penske announce publicly that they are going to win _____ races driving Javelin race cars for American Motors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is good for pursuing the same idea with Mark at this later date?
2. Mark tries to drive for another team, but wisely does what?
3. This is a car which Mark Donohue explains is __________________ at first.
4. Another young man invites Mark to race his __________________ one night.
5. Mark has one car that is "perfectly balanced" but it takes him ___________ years to fully appreciate what a difference this makes.
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)