|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______________, who brings out the new Lolas every season, wants a number 10 on one of the cars.
(a) Carlton Hession.
(b) Carl Haas.
(c) Carlos Hacienda.
(d) Carley Homer.
2. Mark tells readers that he very nearly becomes "just ________________."
(a) A normal engineer.
(b) A normal guy.
(c) A driver.
(d) About nothing.
3. Roger Penske always makes sure that Sunoco-Sun Oil Company has what?
(a) A television advertisement.
(b) Money to donate to the Penske team.
(c) Good seats for the races.
(d) Their name written on every car they race.
4. How does this race allow them to feel?
(a) Nervous, yet excited.
(b) Anxious about their abilities.
(c) Conservative and restrained.
(d) As if they can take certain kinds of risks they would never take in the other races.
5. Mark writes of qualifying a car for a race, and when he practices, he is _____________ near other cars.
(c) Not actually.
6. The team comes in _________ place.
7. Mark tells readers that he dislikes _______________ between himself and anyone else.
(a) Leaving bad feelings.
(b) Too much space.
8. What does Mark learn about automobiles?
(a) How they work.
(b) When they were first created.
(c) What does and does not make a good race car.
(d) How fast they can go.
9. Why is there a serious debate about which type of tires to use in a given race?
(a) Many of the tires seem to be the same.
(b) There is not much known about each brand of tires.
(c) None of the tires are of good quality.
(d) The conflict is over values and loyalties.
10. The team uses a little trickery to throw off those who are not on the team. What is this trickery, regarding wings?
(a) They make two wings for one car.
(b) They make three wings for two cars.
(c) They make only one wing for two cars.
(d) They make one wing for one car.
11. For how long has Mark Donohue been racing?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
12. For the first time, Mark finds someone who finds the ________ of the car.
13. How does the author die?
(a) From a heart attack.
(b) In a car crash on the interstate.
(c) In a car crash during a race.
(d) From cancer.
14. Why was Mark able to place second at Indianapolis?
(a) The car he is driving holds together whereas the others fall apart sooner.
(b) The other drivers are all beginners.
(c) The car he is driving is the fastest.
(d) He is the best driver in the race.
15. When Mark drives one car on a practice run, after the restrictions are released, the change in miles per hour that results is what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Roger becomes frightened when he hears Roger Penske announce publicly that they are going to win _____ races driving Javelin race cars for American Motors.
2. In at least one case, there is a specific difficulty with a car that is so bothersome that it makes him want to do what?
3. The answer to number 70 breaks during the race and is repaired when?
4. Who is the main competitor at this time?
5. Chapter 10 begins in what year?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)