|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What car gets wrecked at the USAC races?
(a) The Eagle.
(b) The Sunfire.
(c) The Camry.
(d) The Charger.
2. Why does Mark become accustomed to winning rather quickly?
(a) He becomes very angry when he loses.
(b) He likes to win.
(c) It happens so often.
(d) He has always been a winner.
3. For the first time, Mark finds someone who finds the ________ of the car.
4. With the new team in place, what do they do with the bulk of the previous system?
(a) They save it.
(b) They scrap it.
(c) The rework it.
(d) They study it.
5. How does the Ferrari man feel about number 95?
(a) He is offended by this.
(b) He is shocked by it.
(c) He is happy about it.
(d) He is jealous.
6. There are times during races when Mark does surprisingly well. Why is this surprising?
(a) He does not enjoy driving.
(b) He has never driven before.
(c) He is a timid driver.
(d) He is a beginner.
7. What does the company feel about the rebuilding of this engine?
(a) It is happy.
(b) It is annoyed.
(c) It is worried.
(d) It is angry.
8. Once they find the correct adjustments, the car is ________ seconds faster per lap than the others.
9. Mark tells readers that he very nearly becomes "just ________________."
(a) A normal guy.
(b) A normal engineer.
(c) About nothing.
(d) A driver.
10. Who is Mark Donohue's funder and organizer of the racing team for which he normally drives?
(a) Roger Andretti.
(b) Roger Vickers.
(c) Roger Northlands.
(d) Roger Penske.
11. The team comes in _________ place.
12. The author points out how strong the relationship is between speed and ___________________.
13. The speeds at Indianapolis are _________________ of all the tracks.
(a) Not the fastest.
(b) The fastest.
(c) The most dangerous.
(d) The slowest.
14. What happens when Mark grows very discouraged?
(a) He is almost fired.
(b) He almost completely stops racing.
(c) He drives in more races.
(d) He calls his mom.
15. What can Mark do based on this fact about his personal life?
(a) Anything he wants.
(c) He can make certain types of decisions.
(d) Become depressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark Donahue explains that they reach a perfectly legitimate business deal. What does Mark think about this deal?
2. Mark writes of qualifying a car for a race, and when he practices, he is _____________ near other cars.
3. The book begins with introductory writings by whom?
4. ______________, who brings out the new Lolas every season, wants a number 10 on one of the cars.
5. The next section is about the building of ___________ racing cars.
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)