|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mark Donohue's funder and organizer of the racing team for which he normally drives?
(a) Roger Penske.
(b) Roger Vickers.
(c) Roger Northlands.
(d) Roger Andretti.
2. How does the author die?
(a) From a heart attack.
(b) In a car crash on the interstate.
(c) In a car crash during a race.
(d) From cancer.
3. Does Mark prefer to be alone?
4. How does the Ferrari man feel about number 95?
(a) He is shocked by it.
(b) He is offended by this.
(c) He is happy about it.
(d) He is jealous.
5. What happens when Mark grows very discouraged?
(a) He drives in more races.
(b) He is almost fired.
(c) He almost completely stops racing.
(d) He calls his mom.
6. Why does the answer to number 28 come as a bit of a shock?
(a) Cars during this time are very unattractive to the average person.
(b) The brakes are difficult to find in a race car.
(c) The race car is a very difficult vehicle to understand.
(d) Prior to this no one he had ever met had ever honestly been able to report that a car could go no faster and be referring to a race car.
7. There are times during races when Mark does surprisingly well. Why is this surprising?
(a) He has never driven before.
(b) He is a timid driver.
(c) He does not enjoy driving.
(d) He is a beginner.
8. What is Mark's funder's response regarding driving for another?
(d) Not today.
9. What car gets wrecked at the USAC races?
(a) The Sunfire.
(b) The Camry.
(c) The Charger.
(d) The Eagle.
10. He has _____________ how the previous team had been able to make the car perform as well as it had.
(a) One idea.
(b) Some ideas.
(c) Many ideas.
(d) No idea.
11. Mark writes of qualifying a car for a race, and when he practices, he is _____________ near other cars.
(b) Not actually.
12. They use the _______ wing for the final round of qualifying and for the real race.
13. What color car does the driver want?
14. Mark tells readers that he dislikes _______________ between himself and anyone else.
(a) Too much space.
(b) Leaving bad feelings.
15. What can Mark do based on this fact about his personal life?
(a) Anything he wants.
(b) Become depressed.
(c) He can make certain types of decisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the new team in place, what do they do with the bulk of the previous system?
2. The Penske team enters ___________ racing.
3. Mark reports to readers that he thinks about it for how long, and then decides to go ahead and give it a try?
4. __________________ decides to make a big name for himself in racing, but he does not know much about how it actually works.
5. What does Mark learn about automobiles?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)