Short Essay Questions
1. What does the writer of the introduction have to say about the author?
2. How does Mark Donohue die? What are your thoughts on his death?
3. Describe Mark prior to becoming a race car driver. How does he get into racing?
4. What is the first important lesson Mark Donohue learns about racing?
5. Describe Mark's first experiences as a race car driver. What does he learn from this experience?
6. Describe Mark's personal life. How does he feel about this?
7. What does Mark Donohue think about racing in 1963?
8. What does Mark have to say about a good car he is running? Why might he say this?
9. What does someone find for the first time in 1966? Why is this surprising?
10. What does Mark reveal about himself during this chapter?
11. How does Mark Donohue's career as a race car driver begin to truly become a reality?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)