|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, Brooks states that Harold left to his own devices does not seem what?
2. Which of the following ridiculous items is listed in the homework requirements in Chapter 5?
(b) A sloth's toenail.
(c) A brick from the Great Wall.
(d) Half an Ambien.
3. Based on a misunderstanding with his parents in Chapter 5, what does Harold fear will happen if he does not behave?
(a) He will be starved.
(b) He won't get to go to school.
(c) He'll be sent to China.
(d) His hands will be cut off.
4. What do children lack at an early age?
(b) The ability to have REM sleep.
(c) Spatial reasoning.
(d) An inner voice.
5. According to Brooks at the beginning of Chapter 1, what large accessory do his social ascendants always have?
(a) A huge television.
(b) A huge dog.
(c) A huge pool.
(d) A huge unvarnished dining table.
6. How much more likely are people to laugh with others than by themselves?
(a) Thirty times.
(b) Five times.
(c) Fifty times.
(d) Twelve times.
7. What famous intellect does Brooks mention at the end of his introduction?
8. In Chapter 1, what does Antonio Damasio have difficulty doing with Elliot?
(a) Playing memory games.
(b) Holding his attention.
(c) Planning sessions in advance.
(d) Completing math problems.
9. What does Ms. Taylor want to match each student to?
(a) A book.
(b) A perfect song.
(c) A life goal.
(d) A lover.
10. How many characters does Brooks say he will focus on in "The Social Animal"?
11. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Brooks say Julia has had trouble letting go of?
(a) Her desire to sing professionally.
(b) Her party girl persona.
(c) Her security blanket.
(d) Her old car.
12. What sport does Brooks associate with the children of his establishment set in Chapter 1?
(c) Uneven bars.
13. According to Brooks at the beginning of Chapter 1, what is never found in the homes of the upper-class group?
(b) A television.
(d) A stand up shower.
14. What does Ms. Taylor understand that teenagers are not?
(b) Empty vessels.
(c) Erratic creatures.
15. In Chapter 2, Brooks points out that the female orgasm is what type of process?
(a) A liminoid process.
(b) A moral process.
(c) A mental process.
(d) A physical process.
Short Answer Questions
1. What essential activity do Rob and Julie disagree on in Chapter 2?
2. How many children do Brooks' wealthy socialites all have in Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 1, what does Julie insist on keeping on during sex?
4. In the introduction, Brooks states that Harold and Erica have what type of skills?
5. According to Timothy Wilson of the University of Virginia, how many pieces of information can the unconscious mind take in?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)