|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a step of human decision-making?
2. What characterizes more affluent children's play time, as described by Brooks in Chapter 7?
(a) It is less constricted.
(b) It's more rigidly scheduled.
(c) It is safer.
(d) It is more education-based.
3. In the Introduction, Brooks laments that most social policy is based on what understanding of humanity?
4. Why did the delinquents in John Bowlby's study think they were abandoned?
(a) They were not good enough.
(b) Their parents were poor.
(c) They were sickly.
(d) Their parents died.
5. In Chapter 13, Brooks states that the desire for limerence explains people's desire to do what?
(a) Make money.
(b) Create great works of art.
(d) Join certain groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, Antonio Damasio determines that - without emotion - people lead what type of lives?
2. At the beginning of the introduction, Brooks assures the reader that his protagonists are not what?
3. What is the story Julia tells Harold in Chapter 5 about?
4. Which of the following is a precaution Erica takes in Chapter 13 to ensure there is no romantic connotation to her work with Harold?
5. According to Brooks at the beginning of Chapter 1, what is never found in the homes of the upper-class group?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)