|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of Chapter 6, Ms. Taylor has taught Harold to do what?
(a) Let go.
(b) Experience life.
2. According to Brooks at the beginning of Chapter 1, what large accessory do his social ascendants always have?
(a) A huge unvarnished dining table.
(b) A huge dog.
(c) A huge television.
(d) A huge pool.
3. Which Greek figure does Harold compare himself to in his journal when discussing anger?
4. In Chapter 5, Brooks states that Harold left to his own devices does not seem what?
5. Which of the following is a precaution Erica takes in Chapter 13 to ensure there is no romantic connotation to her work with Harold?
(a) She insists they work in different locations.
(b) She shuts the bedroom door.
(c) She always wears a pants suit.
(d) She puts up pictures of her husband in the office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a step of human decision-making?
2. What suffers with the success of the business in Chapter 14?
3. What separates us from animals, according to Brooks in the introduction?
4. According to a study quoted in Chapter 7, ninety percent of couples that have children plan to do what?
5. According to Brooks in his introduction, what is different about his book compared to the other social science books published in recent years?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)