|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Antonio Damasio have difficulty doing with Elliot?
(a) Holding his attention.
(b) Completing math problems.
(c) Playing memory games.
(d) Planning sessions in advance.
2. What do children lack at an early age?
(b) An inner voice.
(c) The ability to have REM sleep.
(d) Spatial reasoning.
3. What rare ability does Harold have in high school society?
(a) He can laugh at an insult.
(b) He can mirror cliques.
(c) He can speak to girls.
(d) He can get A's without studying.
4. According to Brooks at the beginning of Chapter 1, what large accessory do his social ascendants always have?
(a) A huge dog.
(b) A huge television.
(c) A huge unvarnished dining table.
(d) A huge pool.
5. What does Brooks say both Julia and Rob worry about doing when they meet?
(a) Coming off as dumb.
(b) Coming off as aloof.
(c) Coming off as desperate.
(d) Coming off as cocky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding our ability to process emotion and stimuli, to what does Brooks compare human beings?
2. Which of the following ridiculous items is listed in the homework requirements in Chapter 5?
3. What sport does Brooks associate with the children of his establishment set in Chapter 1?
4. What book about Classical culture does Ms. Taylor give to Harold in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 4, what is Harold's favorite pastimes besides bonding with Julia?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)