|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the introduction, Brooks states that Harold and Erica have what type of skills?
(a) Rational skills.
(b) Arithmetic skills.
(c) Noncognitive skills.
(d) Paranormal skills.
2. According to Timothy Wilson of the University of Virginia, how many pieces of information can the unconscious mind take in?
(a) 25 million.
(b) 2 million.
(c) 6 million.
(d) 11 million.
3. What is the first thing Ms. Taylor tells Harold to do to prepare for his paper?
(a) Make flash cards of ideas.
(b) Consult a museum.
(c) Outline his paper.
(d) Read five books.
4. What is Ms. Taylor's tactic for making children learn?
(a) She teaches them to take pleasure in it.
(b) She drills information into them.
(c) She pays them.
(d) She uses references to popular culture.
5. According to James LeDoux in Chapter 1, what is the relationship of the conscious mind to emotion?
(a) It is totally in tandem.
(b) It has not connection.
(c) It is peripheral.
(d) It is central.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Brooks in Chapter 1, everyone likes to believe that he/she is what?
2. What Greek term becomes the topic of Harold's paper in Chapter 6?
3. Why are Rob and Julia concerned at the end of Chapter 4?
4. In the introduction, Brooks says a study of the inner mind highlights the capacity of humanity to do what?
5. In Chapter 5, Brooks states that Harold left to his own devices does not seem what?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)