|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is "outrageous" about the storm in "Section 2: Part 3"?
2. What does the narrator compare Rose's confession of love for Mr. Grace to?
3. What does the narrator say he got to drink after kissing Chloe for the first time?
4. What does the narrator say he visited while in England?
5. At the end of "Section 2: Part 2", how does the narrator say he feels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Vavasour confess to the narrator in "Section 2: Part 6"?
2. What does the narrator remember Rose confessing to Mrs. Grace in "Section 2: Part 5"?
3. In "Section 2: Part 1", what details can the narrator remember about Chloe?
4. How does the narrator describe the storm in "Section 2: Part 3"?
5. In "Section 2: Part 4", what does the narrator say about his agreement with Anna?
6. What happened the first time the narrator kissed Chloe?
7. What happens the night the Colonel's family doesn't visit like they said they would?
8. Why does the narrator dislike being photographed?
9. What does the narrator admit to doing to try to better his position in life?
10. What does the narrator say Chloe reminds him of in the world to this day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What commentary does the author deliver about the interaction between the past and present?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate the allusions to the classics, literature and art in this novel. What role do these allusions play?
Essay Topic 3
What is the author's commentary on childhood?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)