|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Mrs. Grace would say if she knew about him and Chloe kissing as teenagers?
2. What does the narrator feel is ironic about his desire to protect Chloe?
3. Who does the narrator remember Rose confessing her love for Mr. Grace to?
4. What does the narrator say Anna called her hospital photographs?
5. Who does the narrator say complained about Anna's hospital photographs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator say he used to feel about eggs as a child?
2. What does the narrator remember about Anna's death in "Section 2: Part 5"?
3. What does Miss Vavasour confess to the narrator in "Section 2: Part 6"?
4. In "Section 2: Part 3", what does the narrator say about his life after his father left?
5. What does the narrator say Chloe reminds him of in the world to this day?
6. How does the narrator describe the storm in "Section 2: Part 3"?
7. What happens the night the Colonel's family doesn't visit like they said they would?
8. What do Bun and Miss Vavasour argue about in "Section 2: Part 4"?
9. In "Section 2: Part 5", what does the narrator use as an example of Chloe's cruelty?
10. In "Section 2: Part 6", what does the narrator reveal about Anna's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the allusions to the classics, literature and art in this novel. What role do these allusions play?
Essay Topic 2
What commentary does the author deliver about the interaction between the past and present?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the theme of cruelty in this novel.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)