|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Section 2: Part 6", what does the narrator say the sea did to him as a child?
2. In "Section 2: Part 1", what bothers the narrator about his memory of Chloe?
3. What role does the narrator say Rose played in the Grace family?
4. How does the narrator describe The Cedars in "Section 2: Part 1"?
5. In "Section 2: Part 6", why does the narrator feel like Anna isn't haunting him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator say he used to feel about eggs as a child?
2. In "Section 2: Part 4", what does the narrator say about his agreement with Anna?
3. How does the narrator explain Chloe's death?
4. What did Anna do with her camera in the hospital?
5. What happens the night the Colonel's family doesn't visit like they said they would?
6. What does the narrator remember about Anna's death in "Section 2: Part 5"?
7. What does the narrator say Chloe reminds him of in the world to this day?
8. What does the narrator admit to doing to try to better his position in life?
9. What happened the first time the narrator kissed Chloe?
10. How does the narrator describe moving into The Cedars?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the effect of keeping it a secret until the end that Miss Vavasour is actually Rose. How does this affect the development of Miss Vavasour's character?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the narrator's professional life in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
What commentary does the author deliver about the interaction between the past and present?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)