Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Anna told Claire about her illness?
2. What do the residents of The Cedars do after Bun leaves in "Section 2: Part 4"?
3. What does Claire tell the narrator about Jerome in "Section 2: Part 6"?
4. In "Section 2: Part 3", when the narrator starts insulting a woman who left him, what does he say he needs?
5. In "Section 2: Part 1", how does the narrator describe the robin?
Essay Topic 1
How is disappointment a theme in this novel? What message about disappointment is conveyed?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the use of shifting tenses in this novel. Is it effective? How or how not? Is it distracting? How or how not? Why might the author have the narrator tell his stories in this way?
Essay Topic 3
What is your opinion about the layout of "The Sea"? How does the lack of chapter breaks impact the reader? What is the purpose of this? Is the technique effective? Why or why not?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)