|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say Anna wanted a camera taken to her in the hospital?
2. What does the narrator feel is ironic about his desire to protect Chloe?
3. What does Miss Vavasour tell the narrator about his bed in "Section 2: Part 2"?
4. Why does the narrator say he uses a name other than the one on his birth certificate?
5. What role does the narrator say Rose played in the Grace family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the use of shifting tenses in this novel. Is it effective? How or how not? Is it distracting? How or how not? Why might the author have the narrator tell his stories in this way?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate the allusions to the classics, literature and art in this novel. What role do these allusions play?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze either the sea, ships, or storms as a motif in this novel. What does this symbolize?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)