|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does the narrator say Rose played in the Grace family?
2. What does the narrator say Anna told Claire about her illness?
3. What does the narrator say Chloe did when she accepted his love?
4. What does the narrator compare Rose's confession of love for Mr. Grace to?
5. When does the narrator say his mother started drinking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Vavasour confess to the narrator in "Section 2: Part 6"?
2. What does the narrator say Chloe reminds him of in the world to this day?
3. In "Section 2: Part 1", what details can the narrator remember about Chloe?
4. What does the narrator remember Rose confessing to Mrs. Grace in "Section 2: Part 5"?
5. What happened the first time the narrator kissed Chloe?
6. What did Anna do with her camera in the hospital?
7. What does the narrator believe about life after death?
8. What does the narrator say about his mother's death in "Section 2: Part 4"?
9. How does the narrator say he used to feel about eggs as a child?
10. What frightens the narrator at the beginning of "Section 2: Part 6"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What commentary does the author deliver about the interaction between the past and present?
Essay Topic 2
What is the author's commentary on childhood?
Essay Topic 3
How is "The Sea" a commentary on life and death?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)