Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Anna told Claire about her illness?
2. What do the residents of The Cedars do after Bun leaves in "Section 2: Part 4"?
3. What does Claire tell the narrator about Jerome in "Section 2: Part 6"?
4. In "Section 2: Part 3", when the narrator starts insulting a woman who left him, what does he say he needs?
5. In "Section 2: Part 1", how does the narrator describe the robin?
How does the author relate the physical deaths of Chloe and Anna to the spiritual deaths of the Colonel, the narrator, and even Miss Vavasour in "The Sea"?
Evaluate the author's use of foreshadowing in this novel. Is it effective to reveal tiny clues through the narrator's stories that later become clear? Is the foreshadowing too subtle to be effective?
Examine the author's use of having the narrator narrate with long descriptive passages. What is the benefit of this style of story telling? What is the down side?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)