|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Section 2: Part 3", how does the narrator describe the Colonel's life?
2. Who interrupted the narrator kissing Chloe at the beach, according to his memory in "Section 2: Part 5"?
3. In "Section 2: Part 3", when does the narrator start insulting a woman who left him?
4. What does the narrator assume about Miss Vavasour and the Colonel?
5. Where does the narrator end up sleeping the night the Colonel's family doesn't visit him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator remember Rose confessing to Mrs. Grace in "Section 2: Part 5"?
2. What does the narrator say Chloe reminds him of in the world to this day?
3. How does the narrator describe his love for Chloe in "Section 2: Part 2"?
4. How does the narrator explain Chloe's death?
5. What does the narrator admit to doing to try to better his position in life?
6. In "Section 2: Part 3", what does the narrator say about his life after his father left?
7. What does the narrator believe about life after death?
8. What does Miss Vavasour confess to the narrator in "Section 2: Part 6"?
9. What frightens the narrator at the beginning of "Section 2: Part 6"?
10. What does the narrator say about his mother's death in "Section 2: Part 4"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Anna to Chloe. Consider their relationships with the narrator, as well as their independent characters.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast at least two of the vacation locations in this novel. What is significant about each setting?
Essay Topic 3
What is the author's commentary on childhood?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)