|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Section 2: Part 6", why does the narrator feel like Anna isn't haunting him?
2. How does the narrator say Chloe treated Rose after her confession of love for Mr. Grace?
3. Why does the narrator say he sought a relationship with Anna?
4. How does the narrator say he feels about being photographed?
5. Why does the narrator say he uses a name other than the one on his birth certificate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator dislike being photographed?
2. What did Anna do with her camera in the hospital?
3. What does the narrator say about his mother's death in "Section 2: Part 4"?
4. What frightens the narrator at the beginning of "Section 2: Part 6"?
5. In "Section 2: Part 6", what does the narrator reveal about Anna's death?
6. How does the narrator describe the storm in "Section 2: Part 3"?
7. What does the narrator remember Rose confessing to Mrs. Grace in "Section 2: Part 5"?
8. What does the narrator say Chloe reminds him of in the world to this day?
9. In "Section 2: Part 1", what details can the narrator remember about Chloe?
10. What does the narrator believe about life after death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the narrator's professional life in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the theme of cruelty in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the allusions to the classics, literature and art in this novel. What role do these allusions play?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)