|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is "outrageous" about the storm in "Section 2: Part 3"?
2. Where was Anna when she learned the narrator's real name?
3. What does the narrator assume about Miss Vavasour and the Colonel?
4. What does the narrator say he and Anna agreed upon when they got married?
5. What do the residents of The Cedars do after Bun leaves in "Section 2: Part 4"?
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the allusions to the classics, literature and art in this novel. What role do these allusions play?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the narrator's professional life in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
What is your opinion about the layout of "The Sea"? How does the lack of chapter breaks impact the reader? What is the purpose of this? Is the technique effective? Why or why not?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)