|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of egg does the narrator say Anna was like as she died?
2. In "Section 2: Part 6", what does Miss Vavasour confess to the narrator?
3. Where does the narrator end up sleeping the night the Colonel's family doesn't visit him?
4. What does the narrator admit about Anna's moment of death in "Section 2: Part 6"?
5. What does the narrator remember Anna doing at the moment of her death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe moving into The Cedars?
2. How does the narrator explain Chloe's death?
3. What did Anna do with her camera in the hospital?
4. What does the narrator say about his mother's death in "Section 2: Part 4"?
5. What does the narrator remember about Anna's death in "Section 2: Part 5"?
6. What happened the first time the narrator kissed Chloe?
7. What do Bun and Miss Vavasour argue about in "Section 2: Part 4"?
8. What is the Colonel's daily life like?
9. What does the narrator admit to doing to try to better his position in life?
10. How does the narrator describe the storm in "Section 2: Part 3"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the development of the narrator's identity throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
How is disappointment a theme in this novel? What message about disappointment is conveyed?
Essay Topic 3
What is your opinion about the layout of "The Sea"? How does the lack of chapter breaks impact the reader? What is the purpose of this? Is the technique effective? Why or why not?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)