|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Anna told Claire about her illness?
2. What does the narrator remember doing when he realized Chloe had died?
3. In "Section 2: Part 6", what does the narrator say the sea did to him as a child?
4. What does the narrator say is "outrageous" about the storm in "Section 2: Part 3"?
5. Where was Anna when she learned the narrator's real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator admit to doing to try to better his position in life?
2. What does the narrator say about his mother's death in "Section 2: Part 4"?
3. In "Section 2: Part 6", what does the narrator reveal about Anna's death?
4. How does the narrator describe the storm in "Section 2: Part 3"?
5. How does the narrator describe his love for Chloe in "Section 2: Part 2"?
6. In "Section 2: Part 1", what details can the narrator remember about Chloe?
7. What happened the first time the narrator kissed Chloe?
8. In "Section 2: Part 3", what does the narrator say about his life after his father left?
9. What happens the night the Colonel's family doesn't visit like they said they would?
10. What frightens the narrator at the beginning of "Section 2: Part 6"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What commentary does the author deliver about the interaction between the past and present?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Anna to Chloe. Consider their relationships with the narrator, as well as their independent characters.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's use of having the narrator narrate with long descriptive passages. What is the benefit of this style of story telling? What is the down side?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)