|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say will happen to his life when he dies?
2. What do the residents of The Cedars do after Bun leaves in "Section 2: Part 4"?
3. What does the narrator remember Anna doing at the moment of her death?
4. What does the narrator say he believes in instead of an afterlife?
5. What does the narrator say Chloe once wished would happen to Rose at the beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Vavasour confess to the narrator in "Section 2: Part 6"?
2. What do Bun and Miss Vavasour argue about in "Section 2: Part 4"?
3. What does the narrator admit to doing to try to better his position in life?
4. What does the narrator remember about Anna's death in "Section 2: Part 5"?
5. How does the narrator explain Chloe's death?
6. In "Section 2: Part 1", what details can the narrator remember about Chloe?
7. How does the narrator say he used to feel about eggs as a child?
8. What does the narrator say Chloe reminds him of in the world to this day?
9. What did Anna do with her camera in the hospital?
10. Why does the narrator dislike being photographed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the author's commentary on childhood?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's use of having the narrator narrate with long descriptive passages. What is the benefit of this style of story telling? What is the down side?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the setting of The Cedars in this novel. How does this setting impact the characters and the plot? What makes the location a character itself?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)