|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator remember Anna doing at the moment of her death?
2. What does the narrator realize his rage stems from in "Section 2: Part 3"?
3. What does the narrator say will happen to his life when he dies?
4. How does the narrator say he feels about being photographed?
5. What does Miss Vavasour tell the narrator about his bed in "Section 2: Part 2"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator remember about Anna's death in "Section 2: Part 5"?
2. In "Section 2: Part 6", what does the narrator reveal about Anna's death?
3. What does the narrator believe about life after death?
4. How does the narrator describe his love for Chloe in "Section 2: Part 2"?
5. How does the narrator describe moving into The Cedars?
6. What happens the night the Colonel's family doesn't visit like they said they would?
7. What do Bun and Miss Vavasour argue about in "Section 2: Part 4"?
8. In "Section 2: Part 5", what does the narrator use as an example of Chloe's cruelty?
9. In "Section 2: Part 1", what details can the narrator remember about Chloe?
10. What does the narrator say about his mother's death in "Section 2: Part 4"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the development of the narrator's identity throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast at least two of the vacation locations in this novel. What is significant about each setting?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the setting of The Cedars in this novel. How does this setting impact the characters and the plot? What makes the location a character itself?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)