|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator say he feels about being photographed?
2. In "Section 2: Part 6", why does the narrator feel like Anna isn't haunting him?
3. How does the narrator describe his relationship with Bun?
4. What does the narrator say is "outrageous" about the storm in "Section 2: Part 3"?
5. In "Section 2: Part 3", how does the narrator describe the Colonel's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe moving into The Cedars?
2. What does the narrator believe about life after death?
3. How does the narrator say he used to feel about eggs as a child?
4. What does the narrator remember about Anna's death in "Section 2: Part 5"?
5. What do Bun and Miss Vavasour argue about in "Section 2: Part 4"?
6. What happens the night the Colonel's family doesn't visit like they said they would?
7. In "Section 2: Part 1", what details can the narrator remember about Chloe?
8. In "Section 2: Part 6", what does the narrator reveal about Anna's death?
9. In "Section 2: Part 5", what does the narrator use as an example of Chloe's cruelty?
10. How does the narrator describe the storm in "Section 2: Part 3"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's use of having the narrator narrate with long descriptive passages. What is the benefit of this style of story telling? What is the down side?
Essay Topic 2
What is the author's commentary on childhood?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the reliability of this narrator. Why is narrator reliability important?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)