|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator remember Rose confessing her love for Mr. Grace to?
2. What type of egg does the narrator say Anna was like as she died?
3. At the end of "Section 2: Part 2", how does the narrator say he feels?
4. What does Bun's sympathy for the narrator remind him of?
5. How does the narrator say he and his mother learned of his father's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator believe about life after death?
2. How does the narrator say he used to feel about eggs as a child?
3. How does the narrator describe the storm in "Section 2: Part 3"?
4. In "Section 2: Part 1", what details can the narrator remember about Chloe?
5. What did Anna do with her camera in the hospital?
6. What does the narrator say about his mother's death in "Section 2: Part 4"?
7. What is the Colonel's daily life like?
8. How does the narrator describe moving into The Cedars?
9. Why does the narrator dislike being photographed?
10. What happens the night the Colonel's family doesn't visit like they said they would?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast at least two of the vacation locations in this novel. What is significant about each setting?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's use of having the narrator narrate with long descriptive passages. What is the benefit of this style of story telling? What is the down side?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the effect of keeping it a secret until the end that Miss Vavasour is actually Rose. How does this affect the development of Miss Vavasour's character?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)