|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What confuses the narrator most about Bonnard?
2. In "Section 1: Part 3", what does the narrator say is the last thing he sees when leaving the dairy farm?
3. Why does the narrator say he would joke with his wife about people thinking she was pregnant?
4. What is Myles' physical ailment?
5. In the beginning of "Section 1: Part 6", what does the narrator look at?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Section 1: Part 2", what work does the narrator reveal himself to be working on?
2. What makes the narrator interested in his room at The Cedars?
3. How does the narrator say he came to The Cedars?
4. What is the narrator's life like at The Cedars?
5. When the narrator first met Chloe, what was his own family doing?
6. How does the narrator describe the early days of Anna's illness in "Section 1: Part 5"?
7. How does the narrator say he felt after meeting Avril?
8. In "Section 1: Part 5", how does the narrator describe Anna's father?
9. How does the narrator describe the first time he met Chloe Grace?
10. In "Section 1: Part 3", what does the narrator say about the impact of Anna's death on him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the theme of cruelty in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate the allusions to the classics, literature and art in this novel. What role do these allusions play?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast at least two of the vacation locations in this novel. What is significant about each setting?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)