|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator say Rose and Chloe got into an argument at the beach one day?
(a) Because Rose yelled at Chloe.
(b) Because Rose wanted money.
(c) Because Chloe wouldn't listen to Rose.
(d) Because Chloe was bossing Rose around.
2. What does the narrator say Anna told Claire about her illness?
(a) She asked her to get tested herself.
(b) She asked for help with her medications.
(c) She wanted Claire to pray with her.
(d) She wouldn't say she was dying.
3. What does the narrator say Chloe reminds him about the world?
(a) That humans are ill-tempered.
(b) That the world is in control.
(c) That humans are separate.
(d) That the world lives in harmony with humans.
4. What does the narrator compare his brandy bottle to in "Section 2: Part 6"?
(a) A baby bottle.
(b) A pacifier.
(c) A reward.
(d) A blanket.
5. In "Section 2: Part 1", what bothers the narrator about his memory of Chloe?
(a) He can't remember her in detail.
(b) He feels like she is still with him.
(c) He can't ignore her memory.
(d) He can only remember the bad parts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Section 2: Part 6", what does the narrator say the sea did to him as a child?
2. Who told Anna the narrator's real name?
3. Why does the narrator say Anna felt pity for him as she was dying?
4. What does the narrator say will happen to his life when he dies?
5. Who does the narrator say comforted Chloe after her argument with Rose at the beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Vavasour confess to the narrator in "Section 2: Part 6"?
2. How does the narrator describe the storm in "Section 2: Part 3"?
3. What does the narrator say about his mother's death in "Section 2: Part 4"?
4. What does the narrator believe about life after death?
5. What does the narrator admit to doing to try to better his position in life?
6. What does the narrator remember about Anna's death in "Section 2: Part 5"?
7. What happened the first time the narrator kissed Chloe?
8. How does the narrator describe moving into The Cedars?
9. How does the narrator say he used to feel about eggs as a child?
10. In "Section 2: Part 3", what does the narrator say about his life after his father left?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)