|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator say developed Anna's pictures for her?
(a) A hospital nurse.
(b) Her friend.
(c) He did.
2. What type of egg does the narrator say Anna was like as she died?
(a) An ostrich egg.
(b) A chicken egg.
(c) A robin egg.
(d) A lizard egg.
3. In "Section 2: Part 4", what do Bun and Miss Vavasour argue over?
(a) Their influence.
(b) How to make a cake.
(d) Their ex-husbands.
4. In "Section 2: Part 6", what does the narrator say the sea did to him as a child?
(a) Washed away his footprints.
(b) Carried him back to the shore.
(c) Built him a sand castle.
(d) Took him away to an island.
5. In "Section 2: Part 1", what bothers the narrator about his memory of Chloe?
(a) He can't remember her in detail.
(b) He can only remember the bad parts.
(c) He feels like she is still with him.
(d) He can't ignore her memory.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Section 2: Part 6", who does Jerome say he is when he wakes up the narrator?
2. Where was Anna when she learned the narrator's real name?
3. Why does the narrator say Rose and Chloe got into an argument at the beach one day?
4. In "Section 2: Part 6", what does the narrator say is the most peaceful way to commit suicide?
5. What does the narrator say Chloe once wished would happen to Rose at the beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened the first time the narrator kissed Chloe?
2. What does the narrator remember Rose confessing to Mrs. Grace in "Section 2: Part 5"?
3. What happens the night the Colonel's family doesn't visit like they said they would?
4. In "Section 2: Part 4", what does the narrator say about his agreement with Anna?
5. In "Section 2: Part 5", what does the narrator use as an example of Chloe's cruelty?
6. In "Section 2: Part 3", what does the narrator say about his life after his father left?
7. What did Anna do with her camera in the hospital?
8. What does the narrator believe about life after death?
9. How does the narrator describe his love for Chloe in "Section 2: Part 2"?
10. What does the narrator say Chloe reminds him of in the world to this day?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)