|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator compare Rose's confession of love for Mr. Grace to?
(a) A train.
(b) A ship.
(c) A flower.
(d) A storm.
2. Who does the narrator say developed Anna's pictures for her?
(a) He did.
(b) Her friend.
(d) A hospital nurse.
3. What does the narrator say Anna called her hospital photographs?
(a) A truth.
(b) An indictment.
(c) A portrait.
(d) A report.
4. What does the narrator say Chloe reminds him about the world?
(a) That humans are separate.
(b) That the world lives in harmony with humans.
(c) That humans are ill-tempered.
(d) That the world is in control.
5. In "Section 2: Part 1", what bothers the narrator about his memory of Chloe?
(a) He feels like she is still with him.
(b) He can't ignore her memory.
(c) He can't remember her in detail.
(d) He can only remember the bad parts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator feel is ironic about his desire to protect Chloe?
2. What type of egg does the narrator say Anna was like as she died?
3. What does the narrator remember doing when he realized Chloe had died?
4. What does the narrator say he got to drink after kissing Chloe for the first time?
5. In "Section 2: Part 1", what does the narrator say he decided to do immediately after Anna's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Section 2: Part 5", what does the narrator use as an example of Chloe's cruelty?
2. What did Anna do with her camera in the hospital?
3. Why does the narrator dislike being photographed?
4. What does the narrator remember Rose confessing to Mrs. Grace in "Section 2: Part 5"?
5. How does the narrator explain Chloe's death?
6. How does the narrator describe moving into The Cedars?
7. What does Miss Vavasour confess to the narrator in "Section 2: Part 6"?
8. What happened the first time the narrator kissed Chloe?
9. In "Section 2: Part 3", what does the narrator say about his life after his father left?
10. What does the narrator admit to doing to try to better his position in life?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)