|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of egg does the narrator say Anna was like as she died?
(a) A lizard egg.
(b) An ostrich egg.
(c) A robin egg.
(d) A chicken egg.
2. In "Section 2: Part 6", who does Jerome say he is when he wakes up the narrator?
(a) A priest.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A friend.
3. What does the narrator tell himself at the end of "Section 2: Part 4"?
(a) You are better.
(b) Leave yourself alone.
(c) Get out of this house.
(d) Tell the truth.
4. Who does the narrator say complained about Anna's hospital photographs?
(a) Anna's friend.
(b) The hospital staff.
(c) The patients' families.
(d) He did.
5. Who does the narrator remember Rose confessing her love for Mr. Grace to?
(b) Mrs. Grace.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Section 2: Part 1", what does the narrator say he decided to do immediately after Anna's death?
2. What does the Colonel do when his family doesn't visit him as they promised?
3. How does the narrator say he and his mother learned of his father's death?
4. What does the narrator say Mrs. Grace would say if she knew about him and Chloe kissing as teenagers?
5. At the end of "Section 2: Part 6", who comes to get the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator explain Chloe's death?
2. What frightens the narrator at the beginning of "Section 2: Part 6"?
3. In "Section 2: Part 3", what does the narrator say about his life after his father left?
4. What does the narrator say Chloe reminds him of in the world to this day?
5. What did Anna do with her camera in the hospital?
6. In "Section 2: Part 5", what does the narrator use as an example of Chloe's cruelty?
7. What do Bun and Miss Vavasour argue about in "Section 2: Part 4"?
8. What happens the night the Colonel's family doesn't visit like they said they would?
9. How does the narrator describe his love for Chloe in "Section 2: Part 2"?
10. What does the narrator believe about life after death?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)