|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator end up sleeping the night the Colonel's family doesn't visit him?
(a) At his old house.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) On the beach.
(d) In the Colonel's bedroom.
2. What does Bun's sympathy for the narrator remind him of?
(a) Anna's death.
(b) A car accident.
(c) His daughter.
(d) Mrs. Grace.
3. Why does the narrator say Anna felt pity for him as she was dying?
(a) Because he had to care for her.
(b) Because he didn't understand.
(c) Because he would be left alone with Claire.
(d) Because he couldn't hate her.
4. What does the narrator say Anna though of after his mother died?
(a) Her own death.
(b) Being free.
(c) Having more children.
(d) Saving money.
5. Why is the narrator uncomfortable one morning in "Section 2: Part 6"?
(a) Because he has a terrible rash.
(b) Because his foot had been run over.
(c) Because he has a bump on his head.
(d) Because he is hungover.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe his relationship with Bun?
2. In "Section 2: Part 1", how does the narrator describe the robin?
3. Why does the narrator say he was so upset to discover the broken bird's eggs as a child?
4. How does the narrator say he feels about being photographed?
5. Who told Anna the narrator's real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator say Chloe reminds him of in the world to this day?
2. What does the narrator admit to doing to try to better his position in life?
3. What do Bun and Miss Vavasour argue about in "Section 2: Part 4"?
4. How does the narrator explain Chloe's death?
5. In "Section 2: Part 6", what does the narrator reveal about Anna's death?
6. What happens the night the Colonel's family doesn't visit like they said they would?
7. In "Section 2: Part 3", what does the narrator say about his life after his father left?
8. What does the narrator believe about life after death?
9. How does the narrator describe the storm in "Section 2: Part 3"?
10. What does the narrator remember Rose confessing to Mrs. Grace in "Section 2: Part 5"?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)