|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator say Anna felt pity for him as she was dying?
(a) Because he would be left alone with Claire.
(b) Because he couldn't hate her.
(c) Because he had to care for her.
(d) Because he didn't understand.
2. What does the narrator tell himself at the end of "Section 2: Part 4"?
(a) Get out of this house.
(b) Leave yourself alone.
(c) You are better.
(d) Tell the truth.
3. What does the narrator say he believes in instead of an afterlife?
(a) The hand of God.
(d) The moment of death.
4. What does Bun's sympathy for the narrator remind him of?
(a) His daughter.
(b) Mrs. Grace.
(c) Anna's death.
(d) A car accident.
5. How does the narrator say he and his mother learned of his father's death?
(a) A note from a woman.
(b) A phone call from the doctor.
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) A neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Chloe once wished would happen to Rose at the beach?
2. What does the narrator compare his brandy bottle to in "Section 2: Part 6"?
3. What does the narrator admit about Anna's moment of death in "Section 2: Part 6"?
4. In "Section 2: Part 1", what bothers the narrator about his memory of Chloe?
5. Why does the narrator say he uses a name other than the one on his birth certificate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe his love for Chloe in "Section 2: Part 2"?
2. What does the narrator say Chloe reminds him of in the world to this day?
3. What frightens the narrator at the beginning of "Section 2: Part 6"?
4. What happened the first time the narrator kissed Chloe?
5. What does Miss Vavasour confess to the narrator in "Section 2: Part 6"?
6. What did Anna do with her camera in the hospital?
7. In "Section 2: Part 1", what details can the narrator remember about Chloe?
8. In "Section 2: Part 6", what does the narrator reveal about Anna's death?
9. In "Section 2: Part 3", what does the narrator say about his life after his father left?
10. In "Section 2: Part 5", what does the narrator use as an example of Chloe's cruelty?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)