|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say Chloe reminds him about the world?
(a) That humans are ill-tempered.
(b) That humans are separate.
(c) That the world is in control.
(d) That the world lives in harmony with humans.
2. What does the narrator say he believes in instead of an afterlife?
(b) The moment of death.
(c) The hand of God.
3. Why does the narrator say Rose and Chloe got into an argument at the beach one day?
(a) Because Rose yelled at Chloe.
(b) Because Chloe was bossing Rose around.
(c) Because Chloe wouldn't listen to Rose.
(d) Because Rose wanted money.
4. At the end of "Section 2: Part 6", who comes to get the narrator?
(a) Miss Vavasour.
(b) The Colonel.
(c) A nurse.
(d) His daughter.
5. Who interrupted the narrator kissing Chloe at the beach, according to his memory in "Section 2: Part 5"?
(a) Mr. Grace.
(d) Mrs. Grace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator uncomfortable one morning in "Section 2: Part 6"?
2. Who does the narrator remember Rose confessing her love for Mr. Grace to?
3. What does the narrator say he visited while in England?
4. When the narrator remembers moving to The Cedars, how does he say the Colonel acted?
5. How long does the narrator say it felt like it took when he moved into The Cedars?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened the first time the narrator kissed Chloe?
2. In "Section 2: Part 4", what does the narrator say about his agreement with Anna?
3. What do Bun and Miss Vavasour argue about in "Section 2: Part 4"?
4. What does the narrator admit to doing to try to better his position in life?
5. What frightens the narrator at the beginning of "Section 2: Part 6"?
6. In "Section 2: Part 6", what does the narrator reveal about Anna's death?
7. In "Section 2: Part 1", what details can the narrator remember about Chloe?
8. What happens the night the Colonel's family doesn't visit like they said they would?
9. What does the narrator say Chloe reminds him of in the world to this day?
10. What does the narrator say about his mother's death in "Section 2: Part 4"?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)