|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator assume about Miss Vavasour and the Colonel?
(a) That he once tried to court her.
(b) That he strongly dislikes her.
(c) That they had a relationship in the past.
(d) That they are related.
2. What does the narrator say Chloe once wished would happen to Rose at the beach?
(a) That she would get a sun burn.
(b) That she would become lost.
(c) That she would drown.
(d) That she would run away.
3. How did Chloe die?
(a) She was poisoned.
(b) She was hit by a car.
(c) She drowned.
(d) She fell.
4. In "Section 2: Part 6", why does the narrator feel like Anna isn't haunting him?
(a) The power goes out at The Cedars.
(b) Everything is darker.
(c) He feels at peace.
(d) He can't hear the sea.
5. Where was Anna when she learned the narrator's real name?
(a) At home.
(b) On vacation.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) At work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say Anna wanted a camera taken to her in the hospital?
2. What does the narrator admit about Anna's moment of death in "Section 2: Part 6"?
3. Where does the narrator say he first kissed Chloe?
4. Who does the narrator say complained about Anna's hospital photographs?
5. What does the Colonel do when his family doesn't visit him as they promised?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator remember Rose confessing to Mrs. Grace in "Section 2: Part 5"?
2. What do Bun and Miss Vavasour argue about in "Section 2: Part 4"?
3. How does the narrator describe his love for Chloe in "Section 2: Part 2"?
4. How does the narrator describe the storm in "Section 2: Part 3"?
5. In "Section 2: Part 6", what does the narrator reveal about Anna's death?
6. What does the narrator say Chloe reminds him of in the world to this day?
7. What does the narrator remember about Anna's death in "Section 2: Part 5"?
8. What frightens the narrator at the beginning of "Section 2: Part 6"?
9. In "Section 2: Part 3", what does the narrator say about his life after his father left?
10. How does the narrator explain Chloe's death?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)