|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Section 2: Part 3", when does the narrator start insulting a woman who left him?
(a) During coffee.
(b) In his sleep.
(c) In the middle of dinner.
(d) When Miss Vavasour is on the phone.
2. What does the narrator realize his rage stems from in "Section 2: Part 3"?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His father.
(c) His current living arrangements.
(d) His job.
3. In "Section 2: Part 1", how does the narrator describe the robin?
4. At the end of "Section 2: Part 2", how does the narrator say he feels?
5. Why does the narrator say he was so upset to discover the broken bird's eggs as a child?
(a) Because eggs are perfect.
(b) Because it proved how cruel the world is.
(c) Because there were chicks inside.
(d) Because he had discovered those eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Anna though of after his mother died?
2. Who interrupted the narrator kissing Chloe at the beach, according to his memory in "Section 2: Part 5"?
3. Where was Anna when she learned the narrator's real name?
4. What does the narrator remember doing when he realized Chloe had died?
5. How does the narrator say Chloe treated Rose after her confession of love for Mr. Grace?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator dislike being photographed?
2. How does the narrator say he used to feel about eggs as a child?
3. What does the narrator remember about Anna's death in "Section 2: Part 5"?
4. What does the narrator believe about life after death?
5. How does the narrator describe his love for Chloe in "Section 2: Part 2"?
6. What does the narrator say Chloe reminds him of in the world to this day?
7. What frightens the narrator at the beginning of "Section 2: Part 6"?
8. How does the narrator describe moving into The Cedars?
9. What is the Colonel's daily life like?
10. What does Miss Vavasour confess to the narrator in "Section 2: Part 6"?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)