|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Chloe die?
(a) She fell.
(b) She was hit by a car.
(c) She drowned.
(d) She was poisoned.
2. Why does the narrator say he was so upset to discover the broken bird's eggs as a child?
(a) Because he had discovered those eggs.
(b) Because eggs are perfect.
(c) Because there were chicks inside.
(d) Because it proved how cruel the world is.
3. In "Section 2: Part 6", what does the narrator say is the most peaceful way to commit suicide?
(b) No way is peaceful.
4. What does the narrator say he and Anna agreed upon when they got married?
(a) To have at least one child.
(b) To stay together no matter what.
(c) To support each other financially.
(d) To free each other from sterotypes.
5. In "Section 2: Part 6", who does Jerome say he is when he wakes up the narrator?
(a) A priest.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A friend.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Section 2: Part 2", how does the narrator say he feels?
2. What type of egg does the narrator say Anna was like as she died?
3. What role does the narrator say Rose played in the Grace family?
4. What does the narrator compare his brandy bottle to in "Section 2: Part 6"?
5. What does the narrator remember Anna doing at the moment of her death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Anna do with her camera in the hospital?
2. How does the narrator describe the storm in "Section 2: Part 3"?
3. What is the Colonel's daily life like?
4. What does the narrator remember Rose confessing to Mrs. Grace in "Section 2: Part 5"?
5. How does the narrator describe his love for Chloe in "Section 2: Part 2"?
6. What frightens the narrator at the beginning of "Section 2: Part 6"?
7. How does the narrator explain Chloe's death?
8. How does the narrator describe moving into The Cedars?
9. In "Section 2: Part 6", what does the narrator reveal about Anna's death?
10. What does Miss Vavasour confess to the narrator in "Section 2: Part 6"?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)