|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator say Rose and Chloe got into an argument at the beach one day?
(a) Because Chloe was bossing Rose around.
(b) Because Rose yelled at Chloe.
(c) Because Chloe wouldn't listen to Rose.
(d) Because Rose wanted money.
2. Why does the narrator say he uses a name other than the one on his birth certificate?
(a) For fun.
(b) For writing.
(c) To confuse people who may be looking for him.
(d) To separate himself from his father.
3. What does the narrator compare Rose's confession of love for Mr. Grace to?
(a) A storm.
(b) A ship.
(c) A flower.
(d) A train.
4. What does the narrator say Anna called her hospital photographs?
(a) A truth.
(b) A portrait.
(c) A report.
(d) An indictment.
5. At the end of "Section 2: Part 6", who comes to get the narrator?
(a) A nurse.
(b) His daughter.
(c) Miss Vavasour.
(d) The Colonel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator say Chloe found another boy to torture with her love?
2. What does the narrator say Anna told Claire about her illness?
3. What does the narrator say he believes in instead of an afterlife?
4. Why is the narrator uncomfortable one morning in "Section 2: Part 6"?
5. What does the narrator feel is ironic about his desire to protect Chloe?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Section 2: Part 4", what does the narrator say about his agreement with Anna?
2. What frightens the narrator at the beginning of "Section 2: Part 6"?
3. What does the narrator say about his mother's death in "Section 2: Part 4"?
4. Why does the narrator dislike being photographed?
5. What happens the night the Colonel's family doesn't visit like they said they would?
6. What did Anna do with her camera in the hospital?
7. How does the narrator describe his love for Chloe in "Section 2: Part 2"?
8. In "Section 2: Part 5", what does the narrator use as an example of Chloe's cruelty?
9. In "Section 2: Part 6", what does the narrator reveal about Anna's death?
10. How does the narrator explain Chloe's death?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)