|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Colonel do when his family doesn't visit him as they promised?
(a) He plans to move out.
(b) He gets drunk with the narrator.
(c) He starts cooking in the kitchen.
(d) He goes to his room.
2. Where does the narrator say he first kissed Chloe?
(a) The movie theater.
(b) The town's fair.
(c) The park.
3. What does the narrator tell himself at the end of "Section 2: Part 4"?
(a) Get out of this house.
(b) Leave yourself alone.
(c) Tell the truth.
(d) You are better.
4. Who does the narrator say comforted Chloe after her argument with Rose at the beach?
(a) Mrs. Grace.
5. What does the narrator assume about Miss Vavasour and the Colonel?
(a) That they are related.
(b) That they had a relationship in the past.
(c) That he once tried to court her.
(d) That he strongly dislikes her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the narrator say his mother started drinking?
2. In "Section 2: Part 6", why does the narrator feel like Anna isn't haunting him?
3. At the end of "Section 2: Part 2", how does the narrator say he feels?
4. What does the narrator say Anna though of after his mother died?
5. How does the narrator describe The Cedars in "Section 2: Part 1"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator say about his mother's death in "Section 2: Part 4"?
2. What does the narrator admit to doing to try to better his position in life?
3. What does the narrator say Chloe reminds him of in the world to this day?
4. What frightens the narrator at the beginning of "Section 2: Part 6"?
5. What does Miss Vavasour confess to the narrator in "Section 2: Part 6"?
6. How does the narrator describe moving into The Cedars?
7. How does the narrator say he used to feel about eggs as a child?
8. What happened the first time the narrator kissed Chloe?
9. What is the Colonel's daily life like?
10. What did Anna do with her camera in the hospital?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)