|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say Anna feared about being bald?
(a) Losing her hair.
(b) Having to wear hats.
(c) Looking like her father.
(d) People knowing she was sick.
2. In "Section 1: Part 6", what ailment does the narrator confess to looking up in a medical dictionary?
(d) Liver spots.
3. Why does the narrator say he thought about the Grace family as a child?
(a) To help him fall asleep.
(b) To escape.
(c) To make up stories.
(d) To try to become part of their family.
4. How does the narrator describe Mr. Grace's introduction of himself?
5. How does the narrator describe Mrs. Grace after the picnic?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Mr. Grace overdid when introducing himself?
2. In "Section 1: Part 1", how does the narrator describe the deaths of people he knows?
3. When the narrator first meets Chloe, what is his impression of her mother?
4. Who is Mr. Todd?
5. When the narrator receives a letter from Claire in "Section 1: Part 3", what does he decide to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of "Section 1: Part 2", how does the narrator describe his mind?
2. In "Section 1: Part 1", what does the narrator remember about visiting the doctor with Anna?
3. In "Section 1: Part 1", what does the narrator say happened when he and Anna returned from the doctor's office?
4. What does the narrator say happened to the dairy farmer his would visit as a child?
5. What does the narrator see when he looks in the mirror in "Section 1: Part 6"?
6. How does the narrator say he felt after meeting Avril?
7. In "Section 1: Part 2", what work does the narrator reveal himself to be working on?
8. In "Section 1: Part 3", what does the narrator say about the impact of Anna's death on him?
9. In "Section 1: Part 4", how does the narrator describe human sorrow?
10. What does the narrator say about the gods in "Section 1: Part 1"?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)