|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator first meets Chloe, what is his impression of her mother?
(a) He dislikes her.
(b) He thinks she is nice.
(c) He thinks she is complicated.
(d) He adores her.
2. How does the narrator describe the nighttime at The Cedars?
3. Who is Mr. Todd?
(a) A businessman.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A scientist.
(d) A historian.
4. What is The Cedars?
(a) A boarding house.
(b) A retirement home.
(d) A school.
5. In "Section 1: Part 6", what does the narrator say he has been replaced by?
(a) More talented writers.
(b) An angel.
(c) A parody of himself.
(d) A demon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Miss Vavasour?
2. Why does the narrator say he went to The Cedars after Anna died?
3. When does the narrator say Bonnard painted self-portraits?
4. Where is the narrator when he first meets Chloe?
5. In "Section 1: Part 2", how does the narrator describe Miss Vavasour?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the narrator first met Chloe, what was his own family doing?
2. How does the narrator say he felt after meeting Avril?
3. Why does the narrator say he thought about the Grace family as a child?
4. How does the narrator remember his mother reacting when he told her he wanted to go to a picnic with the Grace family?
5. In "Section 1: Part 2", what work does the narrator reveal himself to be working on?
6. Where does the narrator say he and Claire visited after Anna's death?
7. How does the narrator compare himself to self-portraits?
8. In "Section 1: Part 1", what does the narrator remember about visiting the doctor with Anna?
9. In "Section 1: Part 5", how does the narrator describe Anna's father?
10. What does the narrator say about the gods in "Section 1: Part 1"?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)