|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Section 1: Part 2", how does the narrator describe Miss Vavasour?
(a) Like a fence.
(b) Like a robin.
(c) Like a snake.
(d) Like a tulip.
2. What does the narrator see in the water at the end of "Section 1: Part 6"?
(a) A school of fish.
(b) A ship.
(c) A rowboat.
(d) A whale.
3. In "Section 1: Part 2", what does the narrator wonder about himself?
(a) Is he rich?
(b) Is he troubled?
(c) Is he loved?
(d) Is he obsessive?
4. What does the narrator say he never saw again after meeting Mr. and Mrs. Grace for the first time?
(a) The dog.
(b) The housekeeper.
(d) His father.
5. How does the narrator describe the early self-portraits of Van Gogh?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say that he saw at the Grace picnic that troubled him?
2. Which member of the Grace family does the narrator call a "godling"?
3. How did Myles interrupt the narrator the first time he was alone with Mrs. Grace?
4. What does the narrator struggle to write?
5. How does the narrator describe Mr. Grace's introduction of himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Section 1: Part 4", what does the narrator say Chloe shared with him as they became friends?
2. In "Section 1: Part 4", what does the narrator say about crying as a child?
3. In "Section 1: Part 4", how does the narrator describe human sorrow?
4. How does the narrator describe the early days of Anna's illness in "Section 1: Part 5"?
5. When the narrator first met Chloe, what was his own family doing?
6. Why does the narrator consult a medical dictionary in "Section 1: Part 6"?
7. Where does the narrator say he and Claire visited after Anna's death?
8. What does the narrator say happened to the dairy farmer his would visit as a child?
9. Why does the narrator say he thought about the Grace family as a child?
10. What does the narrator say about a "white box of light" in "Section 1: Part 6"?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)