|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Colonel do when his family doesn't visit him as they promised?
(a) He gets drunk with the narrator.
(b) He plans to move out.
(c) He starts cooking in the kitchen.
(d) He goes to his room.
2. How does the narrator describe his relationship with Bun?
3. Who does the narrator say complained about Anna's hospital photographs?
(a) Anna's friend.
(b) The hospital staff.
(c) He did.
(d) The patients' families.
4. In "Section 2: Part 6", what does Miss Vavasour confess to the narrator?
(a) She is moving to Texas.
(b) She was attracted to Mrs. Grace.
(c) She has been sick for years.
(d) She was attracted to him.
5. What does the narrator feel is ironic about his desire to protect Chloe?
(a) She protects others.
(b) He needs protection.
(c) He is too weak.
(d) She is violent.
6. What does the narrator admit about Anna's moment of death in "Section 2: Part 6"?
(a) He was sleeping when she died.
(b) He wasn't there.
(c) He can't remember it.
(d) He was drunk.
7. In "Section 2: Part 4", what do Bun and Miss Vavasour argue over?
(a) How to make a cake.
(b) Their influence.
(c) Their ex-husbands.
8. Why does the narrator say he sought a relationship with Anna?
(a) To have children.
(b) To better his position in life.
(c) To find a soul mate.
(d) To avoid being alone.
9. What type of egg does the narrator say Anna was like as she died?
(a) An ostrich egg.
(b) A lizard egg.
(c) A robin egg.
(d) A chicken egg.
10. When does the narrator say his mother started drinking?
(a) After he left home.
(b) After he had a daughter.
(c) After his father left.
(d) After she became ill.
11. What does Bun's sympathy for the narrator remind him of?
(a) Anna's death.
(b) A car accident.
(c) His daughter.
(d) Mrs. Grace.
12. What does the narrator compare Rose's confession of love for Mr. Grace to?
(a) A flower.
(b) A ship.
(c) A train.
(d) A storm.
13. Where was Anna when she learned the narrator's real name?
(a) At work.
(b) On vacation.
(c) At home.
(d) In the hospital.
14. In "Section 2: Part 6", who does Jerome say he is when he wakes up the narrator?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A priest.
(c) A friend.
(d) A reporter.
15. Why does the narrator say Rose and Chloe got into an argument at the beach one day?
(a) Because Chloe wouldn't listen to Rose.
(b) Because Chloe was bossing Rose around.
(c) Because Rose wanted money.
(d) Because Rose yelled at Chloe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Section 2: Part 6", what does the narrator say the sea did to him as a child?
2. In "Section 2: Part 1", what bothers the narrator about his memory of Chloe?
3. What do the residents of The Cedars do after Bun leaves in "Section 2: Part 4"?
4. What does the narrator assume about Miss Vavasour and the Colonel?
5. How does the narrator say Chloe treated Rose after her confession of love for Mr. Grace?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)