|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Chloe die?
(a) She was poisoned.
(b) She drowned.
(c) She was hit by a car.
(d) She fell.
2. What does the narrator remember doing when he realized Chloe had died?
(a) Trying to call the police.
(b) Rushing to tell her parents.
(c) Hugging Rose for comfort.
(d) Writing about it.
3. What does the narrator compare Rose's confession of love for Mr. Grace to?
(a) A ship.
(b) A flower.
(c) A storm.
(d) A train.
4. What does the narrator compare his brandy bottle to in "Section 2: Part 6"?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A baby bottle.
(c) A pacifier.
(d) A reward.
5. Why does the narrator say Anna felt pity for him as she was dying?
(a) Because he didn't understand.
(b) Because he couldn't hate her.
(c) Because he had to care for her.
(d) Because he would be left alone with Claire.
6. What do the residents of The Cedars do after Bun leaves in "Section 2: Part 4"?
(a) Take a walk.
(b) Go their separate ways.
(c) Sit down to talk about her.
7. In "Section 2: Part 6", who does Jerome say he is when he wakes up the narrator?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A friend.
(c) A priest.
(d) A doctor.
8. What does the narrator say Chloe reminds him about the world?
(a) That humans are separate.
(b) That the world lives in harmony with humans.
(c) That humans are ill-tempered.
(d) That the world is in control.
9. What does the narrator admit about Anna's moment of death in "Section 2: Part 6"?
(a) He was sleeping when she died.
(b) He can't remember it.
(c) He wasn't there.
(d) He was drunk.
10. What does the narrator say Anna told Claire about her illness?
(a) She wanted Claire to pray with her.
(b) She wouldn't say she was dying.
(c) She asked for help with her medications.
(d) She asked her to get tested herself.
11. Why does the narrator say he was so upset to discover the broken bird's eggs as a child?
(a) Because he had discovered those eggs.
(b) Because eggs are perfect.
(c) Because there were chicks inside.
(d) Because it proved how cruel the world is.
12. Who does the narrator remember Rose confessing her love for Mr. Grace to?
(a) Mrs. Grace.
13. In "Section 2: Part 1", what does the narrator say he used to do while swimming in the sea?
(a) Stay in the shallow end.
(b) Swim out far.
(c) Dive for rocks.
(d) Try to catch fish.
14. What does the narrator say Anna called her hospital photographs?
(a) A report.
(b) A portrait.
(c) An indictment.
(d) A truth.
15. What does the narrator say he and Anna agreed upon when they got married?
(a) To support each other financially.
(b) To stay together no matter what.
(c) To free each other from sterotypes.
(d) To have at least one child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell himself at the end of "Section 2: Part 4"?
2. Where does the narrator say he first kissed Chloe?
3. What does Claire tell the narrator about Jerome in "Section 2: Part 6"?
4. In "Section 2: Part 6", what does Miss Vavasour confess to the narrator?
5. What type of egg does the narrator say Anna was like as she died?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)