|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator say complained about Anna's hospital photographs?
(a) He did.
(b) Anna's friend.
(c) The hospital staff.
(d) The patients' families.
2. Who told Anna the narrator's real name?
(a) The narrator's mother.
(b) The narrator.
3. When does the narrator say his mother started drinking?
(a) After his father left.
(b) After he left home.
(c) After he had a daughter.
(d) After she became ill.
4. At the end of "Section 2: Part 6", who comes to get the narrator?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) A nurse.
(c) Miss Vavasour.
(d) His daughter.
5. In "Section 2: Part 3", when does the narrator start insulting a woman who left him?
(a) In his sleep.
(b) During coffee.
(c) In the middle of dinner.
(d) When Miss Vavasour is on the phone.
6. Why does the narrator say Rose and Chloe got into an argument at the beach one day?
(a) Because Rose wanted money.
(b) Because Rose yelled at Chloe.
(c) Because Chloe wouldn't listen to Rose.
(d) Because Chloe was bossing Rose around.
7. In "Section 2: Part 6", who does Jerome say he is when he wakes up the narrator?
(a) A priest.
(b) A friend.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A doctor.
8. How did Chloe die?
(a) She fell.
(b) She drowned.
(c) She was poisoned.
(d) She was hit by a car.
9. How does the narrator describe The Cedars in "Section 2: Part 1"?
(a) A refuge.
(b) A trap.
(c) A fate.
(d) A prison.
10. What role does the narrator say Rose played in the Grace family?
(c) Adopted daughter.
11. Why does the narrator say he sought a relationship with Anna?
(a) To find a soul mate.
(b) To have children.
(c) To better his position in life.
(d) To avoid being alone.
12. What does the narrator say Mrs. Grace would say if she knew about him and Chloe kissing as teenagers?
(a) She would yell at her.
(b) She would congratulate them.
(c) She wouldn't care.
(d) She would yell at him.
13. In "Section 2: Part 1", what bothers the narrator about his memory of Chloe?
(a) He can't ignore her memory.
(b) He feels like she is still with him.
(c) He can only remember the bad parts.
(d) He can't remember her in detail.
14. What is special about Bun's name?
(a) It is aristocratic.
(b) It is foreign.
(c) It is a code.
(d) It is a secret.
15. What does the Colonel do when his family doesn't visit him as they promised?
(a) He gets drunk with the narrator.
(b) He starts cooking in the kitchen.
(c) He plans to move out.
(d) He goes to his room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say he got to drink after kissing Chloe for the first time?
2. What type of egg does the narrator say Anna was like as she died?
3. What does the narrator say Anna called her hospital photographs?
4. What does the narrator say he visited while in England?
5. Where does the narrator say Chloe found another boy to torture with her love?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)