|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator say Anna wanted a camera taken to her in the hospital?
(a) So she could learn to use it.
(b) So she could fix the camera.
(c) So she could photograph other patients.
(d) So she could document her illness.
2. Where does the narrator say Chloe found another boy to torture with her love?
(a) From the city.
(b) From the same town.
(c) From a nearby town.
(d) From a vacation resort.
3. What does Claire tell the narrator about Jerome in "Section 2: Part 6"?
(a) They are moving him to Texas.
(b) They are buying The Cedars.
(c) They are engaged.
(d) They are opening a business.
4. What does the narrator remember Anna doing at the moment of her death?
(b) Biting her nails.
5. In "Section 2: Part 1", how does the narrator describe the robin?
6. In "Section 2: Part 1", what bothers the narrator about his memory of Chloe?
(a) He can only remember the bad parts.
(b) He feels like she is still with him.
(c) He can't ignore her memory.
(d) He can't remember her in detail.
7. Who does the narrator say comforted Chloe after her argument with Rose at the beach?
(a) Mrs. Grace.
8. Why does the narrator say Rose and Chloe got into an argument at the beach one day?
(a) Because Rose wanted money.
(b) Because Chloe was bossing Rose around.
(c) Because Chloe wouldn't listen to Rose.
(d) Because Rose yelled at Chloe.
9. In "Section 2: Part 3", when does the narrator start insulting a woman who left him?
(a) When Miss Vavasour is on the phone.
(b) In his sleep.
(c) In the middle of dinner.
(d) During coffee.
10. Why does the narrator say he sought a relationship with Anna?
(a) To avoid being alone.
(b) To find a soul mate.
(c) To have children.
(d) To better his position in life.
11. How did Chloe die?
(a) She was hit by a car.
(b) She was poisoned.
(c) She drowned.
(d) She fell.
12. What does Miss Vavasour tell the narrator about his bed in "Section 2: Part 2"?
(a) That he needs a new bed.
(b) That its always been in the house.
(c) That he messes up his bed.
(d) That he makes his own bed.
13. What does the narrator say he visited while in England?
(a) The towns his father helped build.
(b) The river his father fished in.
(c) The market where his mother once worked.
(d) The countryside where his mother was raised.
14. What does the narrator say he got to drink after kissing Chloe for the first time?
15. In "Section 2: Part 6", what does the narrator say the sea did to him as a child?
(a) Took him away to an island.
(b) Carried him back to the shore.
(c) Built him a sand castle.
(d) Washed away his footprints.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator compare Rose's confession of love for Mr. Grace to?
2. In "Section 2: Part 3", how does the narrator describe the Colonel's life?
3. In "Section 2: Part 3", when the narrator starts insulting a woman who left him, what does he say he needs?
4. Why does the narrator say he uses a name other than the one on his birth certificate?
5. In "Section 2: Part 6", why does the narrator feel like Anna isn't haunting him?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)