|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Part 2 (pp. 109-136).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator contrast Anna's father with Anna?
(a) Because he is tall.
(b) Because he is short.
(c) Because he is honest.
(d) Because he is immoral.
2. How old is Miss Vavasour?
(a) She is in her 30s.
(b) She is middle-aged.
(c) She is eldery.
(d) She is in her 20s.
3. What ancient city is the narrator reminded of while looking at the water in "Section 1: Part 6"?
4. In "Section 1: Part 2", how does the narrator describe his pains?
(a) As stemming from his childhood.
(b) As perhaps being fictional.
(c) As being the result of an accident.
(d) As needing topical creams.
5. Who does the narrator say complained about Anna's hospital photographs?
(a) The hospital staff.
(b) Anna's friend.
(c) The patients' families.
(d) He did.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Section 1: Part 1", how does the narrator describe his tone?
2. In "Section 1: Part 2", what does the narrator wonder about himself?
3. In "Section 1: Part 5", what does the narrator say energizes him?
4. Why does the narrator assume that Miss Vavasour cries herself to sleep?
5. In "Section 1: Part 6", what does the narrator say he has been replaced by?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)