|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Part 3 (pp. 32-52).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Section 1: Part 3", what does the narrator say he once argued with Claire about?
(a) If he was lonely enough to marry again.
(b) If he was sober enough to drive home.
(c) If they would ever be friends.
(d) If she was old enough to control her life.
2. Who does the narrator say was the first member of the Grace family to greet him?
(a) The daughter.
(b) The mother.
(c) The son.
(d) The father.
3. What does the narrator say Avril told him about the dairy farmer's family?
(a) They all left for Europe.
(b) They have all died.
(c) They moved down the road.
(d) They work in the city now.
4. Who is Mr. Todd?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A scientist.
(c) A historian.
(d) A businessman.
5. How does the narrator describe Miss Vavasour's appearance?
(b) Young looking.
(c) Overly made-up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Miss Vavasour?
2. What does the narrator say he inspected first on the dairy farmer's land in "Section 1: Part 3"?
3. Which member of the Grace family does the narrator call a "godling"?
4. What does the narrator say fascinated him about Avril?
5. What does the narrator say he remembers most about the dairy farmer?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)