|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Part 3 (pp. 32-52).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Section 1: Part 2", what does the narrator wonder about himself?
(a) Is he troubled?
(b) Is he rich?
(c) Is he loved?
(d) Is he obsessive?
2. How does the narrator describe Miss Vavasour's appearance?
(b) Overly made-up.
(c) Young looking.
3. According to the narrator of "Section 1: Part 1", when did the gods leave?
(a) When leaves fell off the trees.
(b) When the moon was full.
(c) When the drought ended.
(d) When the tide was high.
4. What does the narrator say he was told about his bedroom?
(a) It is haunted.
(b) It used to be the master bedroom.
(c) It is the newest of all the rooms.
(d) It has money hidden in it.
5. In "Section 1: Part 3", what does the narrator say he once argued with Claire about?
(a) If he was lonely enough to marry again.
(b) If they would ever be friends.
(c) If he was sober enough to drive home.
(d) If she was old enough to control her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Claire blame for breaking up her relationship in "Section 1: Part 3"?
2. Why does the narrator say he would joke with his wife about people thinking she was pregnant?
3. How does the narrator describe Mr. Grace the first time he sees him?
4. What does the narrator say Avril told him about the dairy farmer's family?
5. Why does the narrator say he went to The Cedars after Anna died?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)