|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Part 3 (pp. 32-52).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Section 1: Part 2", how does the narrator describe Miss Vavasour?
(a) Like a robin.
(b) Like a fence.
(c) Like a snake.
(d) Like a tulip.
2. What does the narrator say he inspected first on the dairy farmer's land in "Section 1: Part 3"?
(a) The fences.
(b) The house.
(c) The barn.
(d) The cows.
3. In the narrator's dream in "Section 1: Part 2", where does he travel?
(a) A country road.
(b) A forest.
(c) Along a river bank.
(d) In a city.
4. When does the narrator say his father left his family?
(a) The summer after he met Chloe.
(b) The summer he met Chloe.
(c) The summer before he met Chloe.
(d) When he was an infant.
5. Who is the narrator reminded of because of his dream in "Section 1: Part 2"?
(a) Mr. Grace.
(b) Chloe Grace.
(d) Mrs. Grace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say he would joke with his wife about people thinking she was pregnant?
2. In "Section 1: Part 2", how does the narrator describe his pains?
3. What does the narrator struggle to write?
4. In "Section 1: Part 1", how does the narrator name the members of the Grace family?
5. Where is the narrator when he first meets Chloe?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)