|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Part 3 (pp. 32-52).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator like to remember the Grace family in "Section 1: Part 1"?
(a) He married into their family.
(b) He has fond memories of them.
(c) He is afraid of them.
(d) He feels like they owe him something.
2. When the narrator first meets Chloe, what is his impression of her mother?
(a) He thinks she is nice.
(b) He dislikes her.
(c) He thinks she is complicated.
(d) He adores her.
3. What physical ailment does the narrator have in his dream in "Section 1: Part 2"?
(a) He is covered in sores.
(b) He can't speak.
(c) His arm is broken.
(d) He limps.
4. In "Section 1: Part 2", how does the narrator describe his pains?
(a) As being the result of an accident.
(b) As stemming from his childhood.
(c) As needing topical creams.
(d) As perhaps being fictional.
5. In "Section 1: Part 1", what makes the narrator question Colonel Blunden's health?
(a) The visits his daughter has been making.
(b) His limp.
(c) His trips to the bathroom.
(d) The way he cries at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe living with his ill wife in "Section 1: Part 1"?
2. What does the narrator say he inspected first on the dairy farmer's land in "Section 1: Part 3"?
3. How does the narrator feel during his dream in "Section 1: Part 2"?
4. How does the narrator say Anna's death affected his body?
5. Who is the narrator reminded of because of his dream in "Section 1: Part 2"?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)