|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Part 2 (pp. 18-32).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator of "Section 1: Part 1", when did the gods leave?
(a) When the moon was full.
(b) When leaves fell off the trees.
(c) When the tide was high.
(d) When the drought ended.
2. How does the narrator describe his childhood home in "Section 1: Part 2"?
3. When does the narrator say his father left his family?
(a) The summer he met Chloe.
(b) The summer before he met Chloe.
(c) The summer after he met Chloe.
(d) When he was an infant.
4. Where is the narrator when he first meets Chloe?
(a) The beach.
(b) The Grace's house.
(d) A restaurant.
5. In "Section 1: Part 1", how does the narrator name the members of the Grace family?
(a) He uses their middle names.
(b) He gives them nicknames based on how they look.
(c) He refers to them by their initials.
(d) He doesn't name them yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the narrator's bed interesting to him?
2. What confuses the narrator most about Bonnard?
3. How does the narrator describe living with his ill wife in "Section 1: Part 1"?
4. In "Section 1: Part 2", how does the narrator describe Miss Vavasour?
5. When the narrator remembers vacationing with his family in "Section 1: Part 2", what troubled his mother?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)