|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Part 2 (pp. 18-32).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe living with his ill wife in "Section 1: Part 1"?
(a) Like they were on a new planet.
(b) Like they were on display.
(c) Like they were sinking.
(d) Like they were buried alive.
2. What was the daughter doing the first time the narrator saw her at the Grace house?
3. What physical ailment does the narrator have in his dream in "Section 1: Part 2"?
(a) He limps.
(b) His arm is broken.
(c) He is covered in sores.
(d) He can't speak.
4. What confuses the narrator most about Bonnard?
(a) How to define him.
(b) How to treat him.
(c) How to write to him.
(d) How to critique his work.
5. What does the narrator struggle to write?
(a) An academic paper.
(b) A summary.
(c) A biography.
(d) A news article.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Section 1: Part 2", how does the narrator describe Miss Vavasour?
2. What nationality is the painter, Bonnard?
3. Who is Mr. Todd?
4. In "Section 1: Part 1", how does the narrator name the members of the Grace family?
5. What makes the narrator's bed interesting to him?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)