|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Part 2 (pp. 18-32).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confuses the narrator most about Bonnard?
(a) How to write to him.
(b) How to treat him.
(c) How to define him.
(d) How to critique his work.
2. How does the narrator describe living with his ill wife in "Section 1: Part 1"?
(a) Like they were sinking.
(b) Like they were on a new planet.
(c) Like they were buried alive.
(d) Like they were on display.
3. According to the narrator of "Section 1: Part 1", when did the gods leave?
(a) When leaves fell off the trees.
(b) When the tide was high.
(c) When the drought ended.
(d) When the moon was full.
4. What nationality is the painter, Bonnard?
5. At the end of "Section 1: Part 1", what does the narrator say he should have done?
(b) Read more books.
(c) Kept a journal.
(d) Traveled the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Section 1: Part 1", what does the narrator overhear Anna say after he has a drink?
2. How old is Miss Vavasour?
3. Why does the narrator say he would joke with his wife about people thinking she was pregnant?
4. How does the narrator describe his childhood home in "Section 1: Part 2"?
5. Who is Mr. Todd?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)