|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Part 2 (pp. 18-32).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator of "Section 1: Part 1", when did the gods leave?
(a) When the moon was full.
(b) When the drought ended.
(c) When leaves fell off the trees.
(d) When the tide was high.
2. What was the daughter doing the first time the narrator saw her at the Grace house?
3. What is The Cedars?
(a) A school.
(b) A retirement home.
(d) A boarding house.
4. How does the narrator describe Miss Vavasour's appearance?
(b) Overly made-up.
(c) Young looking.
5. When the narrator first meets Chloe, what is his impression of her mother?
(a) He adores her.
(b) He thinks she is complicated.
(c) He dislikes her.
(d) He thinks she is nice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe living with his ill wife in "Section 1: Part 1"?
2. In "Section 1: Part 2", how does the narrator describe Miss Vavasour?
3. In "Section 1: Part 2", what does the narrator wonder about himself?
4. In "Section 1: Part 1", how does the narrator describe the deaths of people he knows?
5. Who is Mr. Todd?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)