|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Part 4 (pp. 148-163).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say he did with Claire shortly after Anna died?
(a) Went to the beach.
(b) Went for a drive.
(c) Sent her away.
(d) Sold the house.
2. In "Section 1: Part 3", what does the narrator blame on Claire?
(a) Moving away from home.
(b) Making bad investments.
(c) Giving up his career.
(d) Divorcing Anna.
3. Why does the narrator assume that Miss Vavasour cries herself to sleep?
(a) Because of the sounds that come from her room.
(b) Because of a rumor Colonel told him.
(c) Because of her prayers.
(d) Because of the look of her eyes.
4. Who told Anna the narrator's real name?
(a) The narrator.
(c) The narrator's mother.
5. In "Section 1: Part 6", what does the narrator say he has been replaced by?
(a) More talented writers.
(b) An angel.
(c) A parody of himself.
(d) A demon.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the narrator say his father left his family?
2. When the narrator first meets Chloe, what is his impression of her mother?
3. What does the narrator say he visited while in England?
4. In "Section 1: Part 1", how does the narrator describe the deaths of people he knows?
5. Why does the narrator say Anna felt pity for him as she was dying?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)