|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Part 4 (pp. 52-68).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator say he would joke with his wife about people thinking she was pregnant?
(a) Because her ankles were swollen.
(b) Because of her illness.
(c) Because she wanted a baby.
(d) Because she was gaining weight.
2. How did Myles interrupt the narrator the first time he was alone with Mrs. Grace?
(a) He wanted something to eat.
(b) He said he was hurt.
(c) He was chasing a dog.
(d) He wanted to use the phone.
3. What does the narrator say he realized after spending time alone with Mrs. Grace?
(a) She was very well-educated.
(b) She was older than he thought.
(c) She wasn't as attractive as he thought.
(d) She didn't clean her house.
4. When the narrator receives a letter from Claire in "Section 1: Part 3", what does he decide to do?
(a) Send her a present.
(b) Send the letter back.
(c) Write her back.
(d) Not write her back.
5. In "Section 1: Part 2", what does the narrator wonder about himself?
(a) Is he loved?
(b) Is he troubled?
(c) Is he obsessive?
(d) Is he rich?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Miss Vavasour?
2. What does the narrator say he remembers most about the dairy farmer?
3. When the narrator remembers vacationing with his family in "Section 1: Part 2", what troubled his mother?
4. Which member of the Grace family does the narrator call a "godling"?
5. How does the narrator feel during his dream in "Section 1: Part 2"?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)