|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Part 4 (pp. 52-68).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe living with his ill wife in "Section 1: Part 1"?
(a) Like they were buried alive.
(b) Like they were on display.
(c) Like they were sinking.
(d) Like they were on a new planet.
2. What confuses the narrator most about Bonnard?
(a) How to critique his work.
(b) How to define him.
(c) How to write to him.
(d) How to treat him.
3. According to the narrator of "Section 1: Part 1", when did the gods leave?
(a) When leaves fell off the trees.
(b) When the moon was full.
(c) When the tide was high.
(d) When the drought ended.
4. How does the narrator describe Mr. Grace the first time he sees him?
5. What does the narrator say fascinated him about Avril?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her freckles.
(d) Her weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The Cedars?
2. In "Section 1: Part 1", how does the narrator describe the deaths of people he knows?
3. What do stocking feet remind the narrator of?
4. When does the narrator say his father left his family?
5. Who does the narrator say introduced him to Mr. Grace?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)