Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Section 1: Part 1 (pp. 3-18) Abstract
* The narrator talks about his memory of first meeting the Grace family.
* The narrator remembers learning about his wife's illness.
* The narrator introduces his room at the boarding house, The Cedars.
Section 1: Part 2 (pp. 18-32) Abstract
* The narrator describes when he first met Chloe.
* The narrator says his family life was...
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)