|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Sheelagh give Donuil when the search party is unable to find the missing man?
2. How does Sheelagh know Donuil is okay when she sees him after their long absence from each other?
3. How many children do Amrbose and Ludmilla have?
4. What does Sheelagh remind Merlyn of?
5. How many men are killed in the surprise attack on Camulod in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Dergyll and Merlyn realize what has happened with Ironhair?
2. What does Merlyn find out about Ambrose's work when he returns to Camulod in Chapter 19?
3. In what situation does Merlyn find Mordecai after everyone goes out looking for him?
4. What does Sheelagh tell Merlyn as she departs to go reunite with Donuil?
5. What is Liam Twistback best known for?
6. Why does Ambrose think that the snow storm in Chapter 22 might be a blessing in disguise?
7. How does Arthur's wet nurse react when Merlyn tells her that Arthur will be going to Camulod?
8. How does Merlyn react in Chapter 19 when he hears that the leper colony has been attacked?
9. How does Sheelagh first react when she thinks Merlyn is accusing her of having dreams that come true?
10. What is particularly delightful about Arthur, as noted in Chapter 23?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Whyte portrays authority figures in "The Saxon Shore," making sure to use at least 3 specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Write a well-reasoned argument paper discussing how leprosy functions as its own unique character in "The Saxon Shore." Make sure to use direct evidence from the text to support your strong thesis statement.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze at least 4 different ways the story of "The Saxon Shore" would change if the setting were in a major, modern, metropolitan area.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)