Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fills the evening Merlyn spends at Twistback's for dinner?
2. What allows Merlyn to kill a very large number of deer in Chapter 20?
3. How has Ironhair betrayed Dergyll?
4. What does Merlyn think about in regard to Arthur as he heads home to Camulod from Eire?
5. What does Sheelagh believe will happen with her and Donuil?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the Prologue of "The Saxon Shore" 1) sets the tone for the rest of the novel and 2) introduces at least 3 key facts about Merlyn that are important throughout the rest of the text. Make sure to use direct quotations and evidence from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss 1) at least 3 ways the novel would change if it were written from the perspective of Arthur as well as 2) at least 3 literary devices Whyte could use while writing from this new and different perspective.
Essay Topic 3
Write a well-reasoned argument paper discussing how leprosy functions as its own unique character in "The Saxon Shore." Make sure to use direct evidence from the text to support your strong thesis statement.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)