Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fills the evening Merlyn spends at Twistback's for dinner?
2. What allows Merlyn to kill a very large number of deer in Chapter 20?
3. How has Ironhair betrayed Dergyll?
4. What does Merlyn think about in regard to Arthur as he heads home to Camulod from Eire?
5. What does Sheelagh believe will happen with her and Donuil?
Analyze at least 4 different ways the story of "The Saxon Shore" would change if the setting were in a major, modern, metropolitan area.
Describe at least four negative aspects of having a protagonist as well-known (outside of the context of "The Saxon Shore") as Meryln. Make sure to use evidence from the novel to support your position.
Discuss 1) at least 3 ways the novel would change if it were written from the perspective of Arthur as well as 2) at least 3 literary devices Whyte could use while writing from this new and different perspective.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)