|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merlyn report to Dergyll about Ironhair?
2. Why is Sheelagh hesitant to share that she has prophetic dreams?
3. What fills the evening Merlyn spends at Twistback's for dinner?
4. What does Sheelagh remind Merlyn of?
5. How does Dergyll know that Merlyn is telling the truth about Ironhair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least 3 things that Whyte is able to do with the character of Merlyn because he is a man AND at least 3 things he is *not* able to do with him because he is a man.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze at least 3 literary techniques Whyte uses to make one character of your choosing from "The Saxon Shore" very likable OR very unlikable to the reader.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least 3 challenges an author, like Whyte, faces when writing a story that takes place so long ago in history. Make sure to use at least 3 examples from "The Saxon Shore" to support your position.
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)