Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fills the evening Merlyn spends at Twistback's for dinner?
2. What allows Merlyn to kill a very large number of deer in Chapter 20?
3. How has Ironhair betrayed Dergyll?
4. What does Merlyn think about in regard to Arthur as he heads home to Camulod from Eire?
5. What does Sheelagh believe will happen with her and Donuil?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast 2 characters of your choosing from "The Saxon Shore," making sure to use direct evidence and examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least 3 literary devices that Whyte uses to help the reader better understand at least one character of your choosing. Use direct quotations and/or examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze at least 3 literary techniques Whyte uses to make one character of your choosing from "The Saxon Shore" very likable OR very unlikable to the reader.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)