Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fills the evening Merlyn spends at Twistback's for dinner?
2. What allows Merlyn to kill a very large number of deer in Chapter 20?
3. How has Ironhair betrayed Dergyll?
4. What does Merlyn think about in regard to Arthur as he heads home to Camulod from Eire?
5. What does Sheelagh believe will happen with her and Donuil?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze at least 3 aspects of "The Saxon Shore" that make the novel believable as well as what literary devices Whyte uses to create that level of believability OR analyze at least 3 aspects of "The Saxon Shore" that makes the novel unbelievable as well as what literary devices Whyte does not use effectively to create a level of believability in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least 3 literary devices that Whyte uses to help the reader better understand at least one character of your choosing. Use direct quotations and/or examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Describe at least 4 features of Ironhair and how those features fulfill the traditional, literary requirements of a villain.
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)