Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fills the evening Merlyn spends at Twistback's for dinner?
2. What allows Merlyn to kill a very large number of deer in Chapter 20?
3. How has Ironhair betrayed Dergyll?
4. What does Merlyn think about in regard to Arthur as he heads home to Camulod from Eire?
5. What does Sheelagh believe will happen with her and Donuil?
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least 4 features of Ironhair and how those features fulfill the traditional, literary requirements of a villain.
Essay Topic 2
Write a well-reasoned argument paper discussing how leprosy functions as its own unique character in "The Saxon Shore." Make sure to use direct evidence from the text to support your strong thesis statement.
Essay Topic 3
Describe at least four negative aspects of having a protagonist as well-known (outside of the context of "The Saxon Shore") as Meryln. Make sure to use evidence from the novel to support your position.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)