|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Merlyn's aunt tell Merlyn would be proud of him because of his work with the Council?
(a) Her husband.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Her brother.
(d) His father.
2. Where is Merlyn sleeping with Arthur when Chapter 1 opens?
(a) In the top room of a small inn.
(b) In the bottom of a boat.
(c) In the bottom of a cave.
(d) In the bottom of a house, in the basement.
3. When Ambrose and Ludmilla come to check on Merlyn after he is stabbed, what is he doing when they think he is sleeping?
(a) Planning his escape.
(b) Pretending to sleep.
(c) Writing a love letter to Ludmilla.
(d) Sending out messengers about his attack.
4. Where does Ambrose tell Merlyn he plans to stay in Chapter 6?
(c) Outside in the forest.
5. What does baby Arthur wear around his neck that Merlyn removes in Chapter 1?
(a) A piece of lace from his mother, the queen.
(b) A necklace with a key.
(c) A tooth from a boar his uncle killed.
(d) A golden signet ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what solidifies to Merlyn that he knows his captors?
2. How does Merlyn react when teased by Lucanus about his attraction to Ludmilla?
3. Which two people in Eire does Merlyn have an instant aversion to?
4. Who gives the death blow to the animal that interrupts the cavalry show for Athol and his men?
5. What prevents the men from traveling around Eire as they had hoped?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Connor tell Merlyn, when he is his captive, he is going to do with Merlyn and baby Arthur?
2. Why does Ambrose think that Merlyn knows about his relationship with Ludmilla?
3. What does Merlyn believe that Arthur's destiny is?
4. What connection does Merlyn realize he has with his captors in Chapter 1?
5. How do the men of Eire react to the size of the boar tusks that Dedalus shows them in Chapter 12?
6. Why is Ludmilla familiar to Merlyn when they meet in Chapter 3?
7. What do Merlyn and his men realize after they are attacked by, and then kill, the wild boar in Chapter 11?
8. What happens between Merlyn and Finn when they first meet?
9. What impression does Merlyn have of the leper colony after he leaves?
10. What happens when a wild bear attacks the crowd just as Merlyn and his men are preparing for their cavalry display?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)