|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Merlyn go to grieve his wife in Chapter 6?
(a) Her favorite spring.
(b) The cemetery.
(c) A secret vale where they lived together.
(d) Her favorite tree just outside of town.
2. How does Athol feel when Donuil returns to Eire?
(d) Very happy.
3. How does Merlyn's aunt react when she sees him in Chapter 4?
(a) She simply doesn't believe it, since she thought he was dead.
(b) She is very happy.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) She is very angry.
4. Why does Merlyn get angry with Donuil when he goes hunting by himself in Chapter 10?
(a) Because someone is following them and they could have been attacked.
(b) Because he could have gotten hurt.
(c) Because if he didn't come back, Merlyn couldn't get Arthur back.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
5. What does Merlyn feel when he gives Ambrose and Ludmilla his blessing over their relationship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucius Varo do for a living?
2. In Chapter 1, what solidifies to Merlyn that he knows his captors?
3. Who gives the death blow to the animal that interrupts the cavalry show for Athol and his men?
4. Who is Ambrose?
5. Where does Ambrose tell Merlyn he plans to stay in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Merlyn find out about Ambrose's work when he returns to Camulod in Chapter 19?
2. What prevents Merlyn from realizing that he is not, in fact, alone when he goes to visit a secret vale in Chapter 6?
3. Why do Merlyn's friends make him go hunting before the festivities in Chapter 21?
4. Why does Merlyn come to realize that he was wrong in calling the Outlanders barbarians?
5. When Merlyn and his men arrive in Eire, how do they decide to proceed north?
6. What does Merlyn come to realize as he continues on his search for the horses after the death of Mordecai?
7. What does Merlyn come to realize his flying dream in Chapter 8 is actually about?
8. Why does Ambrose think that the snow storm in Chapter 22 might be a blessing in disguise?
9. What ends up happening with Sheelagh and Donuil in Chapter 23?
10. What happens when a wild bear attacks the crowd just as Merlyn and his men are preparing for their cavalry display?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)