|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Merlyn react to Lucanus's request that he visit the leper colony?
(a) He decides it's just too risky.
(b) He is uneasy but agrees to do it.
(c) It's fine since they were going there anyway.
(d) Lucanus can go but Merlyn will stay far away.
2. Who is Ambrose?
(a) Merlyn's uncle.
(b) Merlyn's stepbrother.
(c) Merlyn's cousin.
(d) Merlyn's son.
3. What does Donuil suggest he and Merlyn bring as gifts to his father back in Eire?
4. Who sends a group of men to attack Merlyn and his group at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) No one is sure but they were very strong.
(b) No one; this is a trick question, since there is no attack in Chapter 10.
(c) Donuil's father; he wanted to make sure he was okay.
(d) Ironhair's men.
5. What does Merlyn say in response to Ambrose's assertions that Merlyn is a sorcerer?
(a) That he is sometimes and not others.
(b) That such ideas are ridiculous.
(c) That he isn't yet but he's very close to passing his test.
(d) That he is but Ambrose needs to be more quiet about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does Merlyn make to the dead Uther?
2. Why is Merlyn able to communicate so quickly with his captors in Chapter 1?
3. What does Peter Ironhair do for a living?
4. Who is Athol's daughter?
5. How does Athol come to accept Merlyn at the conclusion of Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Merlyn remove the ring from around baby Arthur's neck in Chapter 1?
2. How do the men of Eire react to the size of the boar tusks that Dedalus shows them in Chapter 12?
3. What is problematic about Merlyn's decision to bring horses as a gift to Donuil's father?
4. Why does Ambrose think that Merlyn knows about his relationship with Ludmilla?
5. Why is Ludmilla familiar to Merlyn when they meet in Chapter 3?
6. What does Merlyn come to realize his flying dream in Chapter 8 is actually about?
7. When Merlyn and his men arrive in Eire, how do they decide to proceed north?
8. What does Merlyn tell his captors about how he came across the baby Arthur?
9. How does Merlyn come to realize this his cousin may not have killed his wife?
10. What happens when Ironhair blocks Merlyn's way in Chapter 6?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)