|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merlyn suspect Uther of doing?
(a) Killing Merlyn's daughter.
(b) Killing Merlyn's beloved wife.
(c) Killing Arthur's mother.
(d) Killing Arthur's sister.
2. Where is Merlyn stabbed after the funeral in Chapter 8?
(a) In his own home.
(b) The crowded bathhouse.
(c) Behind the church.
(d) On a quiet road, walking home.
3. Who does Merlyn's aunt tell Merlyn would be proud of him because of his work with the Council?
(a) Her husband.
(b) His father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
4. Which two people in Eire does Merlyn have an instant aversion to?
(a) Athol and his wife.
(b) Two nameless servants.
(c) Arthur's nanny and tutor.
(d) Mungo and Finn.
5. Why does Merlyn get angry with Donuil when he goes hunting by himself in Chapter 10?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Because someone is following them and they could have been attacked.
(c) Because he could have gotten hurt.
(d) Because if he didn't come back, Merlyn couldn't get Arthur back.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the conversation about Merlyn possibly being a sorcerer in Chapter 9, what does Merlyn admit to Ambrose?
2. When Ironhair and Merlyn have a confrontation in Chapter 6, who wins?
3. How does Merlyn's aunt respond when he tells her about Arthur's destiny?
4. What does Merlyn feel when he gives Ambrose and Ludmilla his blessing over their relationship?
5. How do Athol's friends view his leprosy?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Merlyn and his men arrive in Eire, how do they decide to proceed north?
2. How does Merlyn first interpret his dream in which he is flying right before he and his men are supposed to leave for Eire?
3. Why does Merlyn remove the ring from around baby Arthur's neck in Chapter 1?
4. What does Merlyn imagine the leper colony to be like before he arrives?
5. Why does Ambrose think that Merlyn knows about his relationship with Ludmilla?
6. How do the men of Eire react to the size of the boar tusks that Dedalus shows them in Chapter 12?
7. Why is Ludmilla familiar to Merlyn when they meet in Chapter 3?
8. What happens when a wild bear attacks the crowd just as Merlyn and his men are preparing for their cavalry display?
9. What happens when Ironhair blocks Merlyn's way in Chapter 6?
10. Why is King Athol so amazed at the candles Merlyn and Donuil bring him?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)