|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Merlyn get angry with Donuil when he goes hunting by himself in Chapter 10?
(a) Because someone is following them and they could have been attacked.
(b) Because he could have gotten hurt.
(c) Because if he didn't come back, Merlyn couldn't get Arthur back.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
2. How does the group first see Eire in Chapter 11?
(a) Through the darkness.
(b) Through burning-bright sunlight.
(c) Through the rain.
(d) Through the fog.
3. Who is Athol's daughter?
(a) Donuil's aunt.
(b) Arthur's mother.
(c) Dedalus's secret lover.
(d) Merlyn's deceased wife.
4. How many days after his stabbing does Merlyn finally leave for Eire?
5. How do Athol's friends view his leprosy?
(a) With silent horror.
(b) With understanding and compassion.
(c) This is a trick question; Athol doesn't have leprosy.
(d) With disgust.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Merlyn react to Lucanus's request that he visit the leper colony?
2. How does Merlyn's aunt react when she sees him in Chapter 4?
3. How does Merlyn's aunt respond when he tells her about Arthur's destiny?
4. Who is Ambrose?
5. What do Connor and Merlyn talk about when the first converse together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Merlyn come to realize his flying dream in Chapter 8 is actually about?
2. What is surprising about Donuil's choice to stay in Camulod?
3. What does King Athol do to Finn when he learns that he has been rude to Merlyn?
4. What prevents Merlyn from realizing that he is not, in fact, alone when he goes to visit a secret vale in Chapter 6?
5. How does Merlyn first interpret his dream in which he is flying right before he and his men are supposed to leave for Eire?
6. How does Merlyn come to realize this his cousin may not have killed his wife?
7. What happens when Ironhair blocks Merlyn's way in Chapter 6?
8. What do Merlyn and his men realize after they are attacked by, and then kill, the wild boar in Chapter 11?
9. When Merlyn and his men arrive in Eire, how do they decide to proceed north?
10. Why is Ludmilla familiar to Merlyn when they meet in Chapter 3?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)