|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sheelagh remind Merlyn of?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A lioness.
(c) A snake.
(d) An egret.
2. What advice does Sheelagh give Donuil when the search party is unable to find the missing man?
(a) To consider the fact that he was a spy who ran away.
(b) To listen to his intuition.
(c) To just accept the fact that he is dead.
(d) To get back out there and try again.
3. What do people come to think of Arthur as he gets older?
(a) That he is very shy and needs to be a little friendlier.
(b) That he is growing up to be spoiled.
(c) Nearly everyone finds him delightful.
(d) That he is super smart but not very nice.
4. What is Sheelagh very gifted with?
(a) The harp.
5. What role did Twistback once play with a troupe of showman?
(c) Lion tamer.
6. When does Mordecai die?
(a) When he arrives back home.
(b) Right as help arrives.
(c) During the night he spends with Merlyn.
(d) Before Merlyn can reach him.
7. As he is falling asleep at the end of Chapter 20, what does Merlyn realize he just needs to think of in order to feel happy?
(b) Arthur's wet nurse.
(c) His aunt.
8. Who ultimately decides that Arthur should go back to Camulod?
9. What illness does Merlyn get after the attack on Donuil and the men?
(a) Food poisoning.
(b) Gun powder poisoning.
(c) Sun poisoning.
(d) Blood poisoning.
10. What does Merlyn realize is the only way for him to get down and help Mordecai?
(a) To crawl down on his hands and knees.
(b) To lower himself using a rope.
(c) To walk backward to reduce the risk of falling.
(d) To slide down on his belly, like a snake.
11. How does Lucanus react when he sees Merlyn and his group have returned?
(a) He thinks they are ghosts.
(b) He is both happy and sad, since now he has to share the spotlight.
(c) He is thrilled.
(d) He is mad because the gift he was planning isn't ready yet.
12. What does Merlyn decide to leave behind as he heads to Twistback's home for dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) His most sacred jewelry; he is afraid of being robbed.
(b) A note saying where he is.
(c) Arthur; he doesn't want him getting hurt.
(d) His armor and weaponry.
13. How many men do Merlyn and his men find hanging in Chapter 26?
14. Who does Merlyn first tell about his prophetic dream, once he realizes its significance on the boat as he departs Eire?
15. What do the people from Eire think when they arrive with Merlyn back in Camulod?
(a) They are underwhelmed and unimpressed.
(b) They are overwhelmed and impressed.
(c) They think it's nice but not quite like home.
(d) They are angry they took such a long journey to such a boring place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merlyn think about Donuil's connection with Sheelagh?
2. What does Merlyn think about in regard to Arthur as he heads home to Camulod from Eire?
3. Who comes to see Merlyn and his men off as they depart Eire?
4. How does Arthur react when he sees Excalibur for the first time?
5. How does Aunt Luceiia react when she sees Arthur again in Chapter 19?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)