|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Merlyn's horse to run away as he is trying to rescue Mordecai?
(a) A gunshot.
(b) A spirit.
(c) Thunder and lightning.
(d) Merlyn's angry yelling and cursing.
2. During his hunting expedition, how does Merlyn make sure his kill is picked up?
(a) Soldiers come and get it at predetermined places.
(b) He sends birds off with messages about where others can find the kills.
(c) He puts up flags so he can find it later.
(d) He sends it off with specially trained birds.
3. Who challenges Merlyn to a shooting contest in Chapter 20?
(b) Huw Armstong.
4. How long do the searchers agree to spend searching for Mordecai?
(a) A few minutes.
(b) One entire day.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Two days.
5. What does Sheelagh believe will happen with her and Donuil?
(a) They will have two daughters.
(b) They will have no children.
(c) They will have two sons and two daughters.
(d) They will have two sons.
6. Where are the arrows from that were used in the surprise attack on Camulod in Chapter 21?
7. How does Sheelagh know Donuil is okay when she sees him after their long absence from each other?
(a) She had a prophetic dream.
(b) She just knew instinctively.
(c) They had prearranged signals.
(d) She didn't but she had to take the chance.
8. Why does Sheelagh ask Merlyn's opinion of Donuil?
(a) She knows they are destined to be together.
(b) She is trying to see if Merlyn has a crush on her.
(c) She doesn't quite trust Donuil yet and isn't sure if she should.
(d) She is too shy to talk to Donuil herself.
9. Who does Aunt Luceiia see in Arthur in Chapter 19?
(a) Her brother.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Her grandson.
(d) Her husband.
10. Who comes to see Merlyn and his men off as they depart Eire?
(a) A large crowd.
(b) Only Sheelagh.
(c) No one; they leave under cover of night.
(d) Only a few people.
11. When does Mordecai die?
(a) Before Merlyn can reach him.
(b) Right as help arrives.
(c) When he arrives back home.
(d) During the night he spends with Merlyn.
12. What evidence do Merlyn and his men find by the hanging bodies in Chapter 26?
(a) Evidence of their horses.
(b) Evidence of a trap.
(c) Evidence that Donuil was behind it all.
(d) Evidence of a set-up.
13. How has Ironhair betrayed Dergyll?
(a) He claimed a link to Camulod.
(b) He seduced his wife.
(c) He told him a lot of lies and then took his money.
(d) He robbed him of some livestock.
14. How do Merlyn and his men feel about returning to home soil?
(b) Very, very happy.
15. How does Lucanus react when he sees Merlyn and his group have returned?
(a) He is both happy and sad, since now he has to share the spotlight.
(b) He is mad because the gift he was planning isn't ready yet.
(c) He thinks they are ghosts.
(d) He is thrilled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Merlyn decide to tell Sheelagh about Excalibur?
2. How do Merlyn's troops feel about the attack on the leper colony?
3. Who wins the shooting competition in Chapter 20?
4. What surprise do Merlyn and his group encounter when they first return to home soil in Chapter 19?
5. What had happened to the man who went missing from Eire in Chapter 16?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)