|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sheelagh see Donuil after he has been gone during the Winter?
(a) On a ship.
(b) In a tree, trying to see her, too.
(c) On a plane.
(d) On a horse.
2. Who ultimately decides that Arthur should go back to Camulod?
3. What surprise do Merlyn and his group encounter when they first return to home soil in Chapter 19?
(a) A body of armed men.
(b) A field of blooming daisies as far as the eye can see.
(c) A plague of locusts.
(d) A drought.
4. Why is Sheelagh hesitant to share that she has prophetic dreams?
(a) She doesn't want to be accused of sorcery.
(b) She is afraid one will be incorrect and then people will call her a liar.
(c) She is afraid people will bother her all the time with requests.
(d) She knows that Donuil hates people who talk about stuff like this.
5. What role did Twistback once play with a troupe of showman?
(b) Lion tamer.
6. Where do Merlyn and his group stop on their way home to Camulod from Eire?
(b) The shire.
(c) The leper colony.
7. Why is Merlyn not worried about all the blood on him after he tries to rescue Mordecai?
(a) Because it is horseblood.
(b) Because it is Mordecai's blood.
(c) Because it is just the blood from a rabbit he killed and ate.
(d) Because he still feels fine.
8. How many men do Merlyn and his men find hanging in Chapter 26?
9. During his hunting expedition, how does Merlyn make sure his kill is picked up?
(a) He sends it off with specially trained birds.
(b) He puts up flags so he can find it later.
(c) He sends birds off with messages about where others can find the kills.
(d) Soldiers come and get it at predetermined places.
10. How does Lucanus react when he sees Merlyn and his group have returned?
(a) He thinks they are ghosts.
(b) He is mad because the gift he was planning isn't ready yet.
(c) He is thrilled.
(d) He is both happy and sad, since now he has to share the spotlight.
11. How many children do Amrbose and Ludmilla have?
(a) None; they don't want any children.
(b) Two daughters.
(c) Two sons.
(d) Two sons and two daughters.
12. What does Merlyn decide to leave behind as he heads to Twistback's home for dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) A note saying where he is.
(b) His most sacred jewelry; he is afraid of being robbed.
(c) Arthur; he doesn't want him getting hurt.
(d) His armor and weaponry.
13. What does Merlyn report to Dergyll about Ironhair?
(a) That he has taken a blood oath to protect him.
(b) That the man tried to kill him.
(c) That they are brothers.
(d) That they are lovers.
14. How do Merlyn's troops feel about the attack on the leper colony?
(a) They don't really care one way or the other.
(b) They feel sad for them.
(c) They are glad because now they don't have to protect them anymore.
(d) They think it was a mercy killing.
15. What is Sheelagh very gifted with?
(b) The harp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fills the evening Merlyn spends at Twistback's for dinner?
2. Who comes to see Merlyn and his men off as they depart Eire?
3. How long does the period of peace last after the incident with Dergyll?
4. When does Mordecai die?
5. What does Sheelagh give Merlyn as she is preparing to leave him and go meet Donuil?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)