|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fills the evening Merlyn spends at Twistback's for dinner?
(a) Fine food.
(b) Fine music.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Fine wine.
2. What allows Merlyn to kill a very large number of deer in Chapter 20?
(a) The new bow he got in Eire.
(b) Extremely bad weather.
(c) His keen eyesight, which somehow improved lately.
(d) Extremely good luck.
3. How has Ironhair betrayed Dergyll?
(a) He robbed him of some livestock.
(b) He claimed a link to Camulod.
(c) He seduced his wife.
(d) He told him a lot of lies and then took his money.
4. What does Merlyn think about in regard to Arthur as he heads home to Camulod from Eire?
(a) How handsome he is.
(b) How much he needs a dad who can be around every day.
(c) How smart he is.
(d) How quickly the child is growing.
5. What does Sheelagh believe will happen with her and Donuil?
(a) They will have two sons.
(b) They will have two sons and two daughters.
(c) They will have no children.
(d) They will have two daughters.
6. How do Merlyn's troops feel about the attack on the leper colony?
(a) They are glad because now they don't have to protect them anymore.
(b) They feel sad for them.
(c) They think it was a mercy killing.
(d) They don't really care one way or the other.
7. How does Sheelagh know Donuil is okay when she sees him after their long absence from each other?
(a) She didn't but she had to take the chance.
(b) They had prearranged signals.
(c) She just knew instinctively.
(d) She had a prophetic dream.
8. What surprise do Merlyn and his group encounter when they first return to home soil in Chapter 19?
(a) A plague of locusts.
(b) A body of armed men.
(c) A drought.
(d) A field of blooming daisies as far as the eye can see.
9. Where do Merlyn and his group stop on their way home to Camulod from Eire?
(a) The shire.
(b) The leper colony.
10. Where does Merlyn go in Chapter 9 to stop himself from thinking about and lusting after Sheelagh?
(a) A field where he can hunt easily.
(b) A large clearing.
(c) A cool pond.
(d) His favorite tavern.
11. What does Merlyn report to Dergyll about Ironhair?
(a) That they are brothers.
(b) That they are lovers.
(c) That he has taken a blood oath to protect him.
(d) That the man tried to kill him.
12. What does Sheelagh give Merlyn as she is preparing to leave him and go meet Donuil?
(a) A flower.
(b) Her ring.
(c) A deep kiss.
(d) A picture of herself.
13. How does Arthur react when he sees Excalibur for the first time?
(a) He is disinterested.
(b) He grips it strongly and doesn't want to let it go.
(c) Even though he's very little, he can pick it up with ease.
(d) He doesn't react at all, almost like he's in a trance.
14. How long does Merlyn have to wait for help with Mordecai?
(a) Just one night.
(b) Only a few hours.
(c) Only a few minutes.
(d) One week.
15. What does Sheelagh remind Merlyn of?
(a) An egret.
(b) A snake.
(c) A lioness.
(d) A hawk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major factor enables Merlyn, Donuil, and Athol to successfully defend themselves from the surprise attack?
2. Who comes to see Merlyn and his men off as they depart Eire?
3. How many men do Merlyn and his men find hanging in Chapter 26?
4. What role did Twistback once play with a troupe of showman?
5. How does Lucanus react when he sees Merlyn and his group have returned?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)