|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merlyn think about in regard to Arthur as he heads home to Camulod from Eire?
(a) How handsome he is.
(b) How quickly the child is growing.
(c) How much he needs a dad who can be around every day.
(d) How smart he is.
2. Who does Merlyn first tell about his prophetic dream, once he realizes its significance on the boat as he departs Eire?
3. How many men do Merlyn and his men find hanging in Chapter 26?
4. What do people come to think of Arthur as he gets older?
(a) Nearly everyone finds him delightful.
(b) That he is very shy and needs to be a little friendlier.
(c) That he is growing up to be spoiled.
(d) That he is super smart but not very nice.
5. Where does Merlyn go in Chapter 9 to stop himself from thinking about and lusting after Sheelagh?
(a) A large clearing.
(b) A field where he can hunt easily.
(c) A cool pond.
(d) His favorite tavern.
6. How many men are killed in the surprise attack on Camulod in Chapter 21?
7. When does Mordecai die?
(a) Right as help arrives.
(b) During the night he spends with Merlyn.
(c) Before Merlyn can reach him.
(d) When he arrives back home.
8. Why is Sheelagh hesitant to share that she has prophetic dreams?
(a) She knows that Donuil hates people who talk about stuff like this.
(b) She is afraid one will be incorrect and then people will call her a liar.
(c) She is afraid people will bother her all the time with requests.
(d) She doesn't want to be accused of sorcery.
9. How long does Merlyn have to wait for help with Mordecai?
(a) One week.
(b) Just one night.
(c) Only a few minutes.
(d) Only a few hours.
10. How do Merlyn and his men feel about returning to home soil?
(b) Very, very happy.
11. Where are the arrows from that were used in the surprise attack on Camulod in Chapter 21?
12. Who does Aunt Luceiia see in Arthur in Chapter 19?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her grandson.
13. During his hunting expedition, how does Merlyn make sure his kill is picked up?
(a) He puts up flags so he can find it later.
(b) He sends birds off with messages about where others can find the kills.
(c) He sends it off with specially trained birds.
(d) Soldiers come and get it at predetermined places.
14. What role did Twistback once play with a troupe of showman?
(b) Lion tamer.
15. What does Merlyn realize is the only way for him to get down and help Mordecai?
(a) To lower himself using a rope.
(b) To crawl down on his hands and knees.
(c) To walk backward to reduce the risk of falling.
(d) To slide down on his belly, like a snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aunt Luceiia react when she sees Arthur again in Chapter 19?
2. How do Merlyn's troops feel about the attack on the leper colony?
3. Who is Dergyll?
4. Why does Sheelagh ask Merlyn's opinion of Donuil?
5. What allows Merlyn to kill a very large number of deer in Chapter 20?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)