|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprise do Merlyn and his group encounter when they first return to home soil in Chapter 19?
(a) A drought.
(b) A body of armed men.
(c) A plague of locusts.
(d) A field of blooming daisies as far as the eye can see.
2. What is Sheelagh very gifted with?
(d) The harp.
3. Why is Sheelagh hesitant to share that she has prophetic dreams?
(a) She knows that Donuil hates people who talk about stuff like this.
(b) She doesn't want to be accused of sorcery.
(c) She is afraid people will bother her all the time with requests.
(d) She is afraid one will be incorrect and then people will call her a liar.
4. How has Ironhair betrayed Dergyll?
(a) He seduced his wife.
(b) He claimed a link to Camulod.
(c) He told him a lot of lies and then took his money.
(d) He robbed him of some livestock.
5. What does Sheelagh give Merlyn as she is preparing to leave him and go meet Donuil?
(a) A picture of herself.
(b) A deep kiss.
(c) Her ring.
(d) A flower.
6. Where do Sheelagh and Arthur's wet nurse stay when they reach Camulod with Merlyn?
(a) In Merlyn's castle.
(b) In their own house they rent together.
(c) In a special hotel for unmarried women.
(d) With Aunt Luceia.
7. What kind of weapons do Dergyll and his men have?
(c) Bows and arrows.
8. How do Merlyn and his men feel about returning to home soil?
(b) Very, very happy.
9. What is the situation like as Merlyn and Dergyll face each other at first in Chapter 26?
(c) Very tense.
10. During his hunting expedition, how does Merlyn make sure his kill is picked up?
(a) He sends it off with specially trained birds.
(b) Soldiers come and get it at predetermined places.
(c) He sends birds off with messages about where others can find the kills.
(d) He puts up flags so he can find it later.
11. How do Merlyn's troops feel about the attack on the leper colony?
(a) They are glad because now they don't have to protect them anymore.
(b) They feel sad for them.
(c) They think it was a mercy killing.
(d) They don't really care one way or the other.
12. Who is behind the surprise attack on Donuil, Merlyn, Athol, and their men in Chapter 16?
(a) No one ever really finds out.
(d) The Wild Ones.
13. How does Merlyn feel as he heads to Liam Twistback's home for dinner?
(a) Easy and relaxed.
(b) Unsure of what to expect.
(c) Very defensive; he is worried Twistback might try to kill him.
(d) Nervous about seeing Sheelagh again.
14. How many men are killed in the surprise attack on Camulod in Chapter 21?
15. What does Merlyn think about Donuil's connection with Sheelagh?
(a) That his friend will be disappointed once he gets to know her.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) That his friend better watch his back.
(d) That his friend is lucky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sheelagh ask Merlyn's opinion of Donuil?
2. What does Merlyn decide to leave behind as he heads to Twistback's home for dinner in Chapter 15?
3. How many children do Amrbose and Ludmilla have?
4. How long do the searchers agree to spend searching for Mordecai?
5. What does Sheelagh believe will happen with her and Donuil?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)