|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Arthur react when he sees Excalibur for the first time?
(a) He is disinterested.
(b) Even though he's very little, he can pick it up with ease.
(c) He doesn't react at all, almost like he's in a trance.
(d) He grips it strongly and doesn't want to let it go.
2. How many children do Amrbose and Ludmilla have?
(a) Two sons and two daughters.
(b) None; they don't want any children.
(c) Two sons.
(d) Two daughters.
3. How does Lucanus react when he sees Merlyn and his group have returned?
(a) He is both happy and sad, since now he has to share the spotlight.
(b) He is mad because the gift he was planning isn't ready yet.
(c) He is thrilled.
(d) He thinks they are ghosts.
4. Where does Merlyn go in Chapter 9 to stop himself from thinking about and lusting after Sheelagh?
(a) His favorite tavern.
(b) A cool pond.
(c) A large clearing.
(d) A field where he can hunt easily.
5. What had happened to the man who went missing from Eire in Chapter 16?
(a) He tried to kill a bear but wasn't strong enough.
(b) He was actually out for a fling with his girlfriend.
(c) He was found tied up in the woods.
(d) He was injured riding his horse.
6. Who is Dergyll?
(a) Uther's cousin.
(b) A new character without any connection to the other characters.
(c) Merlyn's arch enemy.
(d) A man claiming Arthur shouldn't be king.
7. Who is behind the surprise attack on Donuil, Merlyn, Athol, and their men in Chapter 16?
(c) The Wild Ones.
(d) No one ever really finds out.
8. How long does Merlyn have to wait for help with Mordecai?
(a) Only a few hours.
(b) Only a few minutes.
(c) One week.
(d) Just one night.
9. How long does the period of peace last after the incident with Dergyll?
(a) Five years.
(b) Five minutes -- if that.
(c) Five months.
(d) Five weeks.
10. Why does Sheelagh ask Merlyn's opinion of Donuil?
(a) She knows they are destined to be together.
(b) She is too shy to talk to Donuil herself.
(c) She is trying to see if Merlyn has a crush on her.
(d) She doesn't quite trust Donuil yet and isn't sure if she should.
11. What message does Merlyn give Dergyll when they first meet?
(a) That he will kill them all bare-handed, as he has done before.
(b) That he is there only as a messenger for King Athol.
(c) That he is not there to fight but just wants his horses.
(d) That he has reinforcements on the way.
12. In Chapter 17, where does Athol say he is going to move his people for the Winter?
13. What illness does Merlyn get after the attack on Donuil and the men?
(a) Sun poisoning.
(b) Gun powder poisoning.
(c) Blood poisoning.
(d) Food poisoning.
14. What is the situation like as Merlyn and Dergyll face each other at first in Chapter 26?
(b) Very tense.
15. What surprise do Merlyn and his group encounter when they first return to home soil in Chapter 19?
(a) A field of blooming daisies as far as the eye can see.
(b) A plague of locusts.
(c) A body of armed men.
(d) A drought.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people come to think of Arthur as he gets older?
2. What does Merlyn think about in regard to Arthur as he heads home to Camulod from Eire?
3. Who wins the shooting competition in Chapter 20?
4. How do Merlyn and his men feel about returning to home soil?
5. What is Sheelagh very gifted with?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)