|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aunt Luceiia react when she sees Arthur again in Chapter 19?
(a) She is overjoyed.
(b) She doesn't recognize him.
(c) She is angry to see him since she doesn't think he should be king.
(d) She is nervous because she isn't smart but Arthur is.
2. How does Merlyn feel as he heads to Liam Twistback's home for dinner?
(a) Unsure of what to expect.
(b) Nervous about seeing Sheelagh again.
(c) Easy and relaxed.
(d) Very defensive; he is worried Twistback might try to kill him.
3. Where do Merlyn and his group stop on their way home to Camulod from Eire?
(a) The shire.
(b) The leper colony.
4. Who challenges Merlyn to a shooting contest in Chapter 20?
(a) Huw Armstong.
5. How do Merlyn and his men feel about returning to home soil?
(a) Very, very happy.
6. How does Dergyll know that Merlyn is telling the truth about Ironhair?
(a) He just has to take a chance because he can't tell one way or the other.
(b) He had a premonition about it.
(c) He makes him drink a truth serum.
(d) He can see the truth in his face.
7. How many men do Merlyn and his men find hanging in Chapter 26?
8. As he is falling asleep at the end of Chapter 20, what does Merlyn realize he just needs to think of in order to feel happy?
(a) Arthur's wet nurse.
(b) His aunt.
9. Why is Merlyn not worried about all the blood on him after he tries to rescue Mordecai?
(a) Because it is Mordecai's blood.
(b) Because it is horseblood.
(c) Because it is just the blood from a rabbit he killed and ate.
(d) Because he still feels fine.
10. What does Sheelagh give Merlyn as she is preparing to leave him and go meet Donuil?
(a) Her ring.
(b) A picture of herself.
(c) A flower.
(d) A deep kiss.
11. Who is Dergyll?
(a) Merlyn's arch enemy.
(b) A man claiming Arthur shouldn't be king.
(c) Uther's cousin.
(d) A new character without any connection to the other characters.
12. Why does Merlyn decide to tell Sheelagh about Excalibur?
(a) He thinks she may have an important role with it some day.
(b) She walked in on him showing it to Arthur.
(c) He just thinks she would find the story interesting.
(d) He wants to impress her.
13. What does Merlyn think about in regard to Arthur as he heads home to Camulod from Eire?
(a) How smart he is.
(b) How handsome he is.
(c) How quickly the child is growing.
(d) How much he needs a dad who can be around every day.
14. Who wins the shooting competition in Chapter 20?
(c) No one; everyone decides it's a tie.
15. During his hunting expedition, how does Merlyn make sure his kill is picked up?
(a) Soldiers come and get it at predetermined places.
(b) He puts up flags so he can find it later.
(c) He sends it off with specially trained birds.
(d) He sends birds off with messages about where others can find the kills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ultimately decides that Arthur should go back to Camulod?
2. How long does the period of peace last after the incident with Dergyll?
3. What is the situation like as Merlyn and Dergyll face each other at first in Chapter 26?
4. How does Lucanus react when he sees Merlyn and his group have returned?
5. How do Merlyn's troops feel about the attack on the leper colony?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)