|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sheelagh believe will happen with her and Donuil?
(a) They will have two sons.
(b) They will have no children.
(c) They will have two sons and two daughters.
(d) They will have two daughters.
2. What do Merlyn and his competitor shoot at during the shooting contest in Chapter 20?
(a) A small brooch planted in a haystack.
(b) A rose on a rose bush.
(c) A bird in a tree.
(d) An apple on a fence.
3. What do people come to think of Arthur as he gets older?
(a) That he is very shy and needs to be a little friendlier.
(b) That he is growing up to be spoiled.
(c) Nearly everyone finds him delightful.
(d) That he is super smart but not very nice.
4. Why does Merlyn decide to tell Sheelagh about Excalibur?
(a) He just thinks she would find the story interesting.
(b) He thinks she may have an important role with it some day.
(c) He wants to impress her.
(d) She walked in on him showing it to Arthur.
5. Who does Merlyn first tell about his prophetic dream, once he realizes its significance on the boat as he departs Eire?
6. What kind of feeling does Merlyn have as he and his people depart Eire?
(a) A sense of foreboding.
(b) A sense of joy.
(c) A sense of relief.
(d) A sense of sadness.
7. What does Merlyn think about in regard to Arthur as he heads home to Camulod from Eire?
(a) How handsome he is.
(b) How much he needs a dad who can be around every day.
(c) How quickly the child is growing.
(d) How smart he is.
8. Why doesn't Merlyn tell Donuil about his realization of the meaning behind his prophetic dream as he and his men leave Eire?
(a) Because Donuil is too distraught over Sheelagh.
(b) Because he can't seem to get Donuil alone.
(c) Because Donuil doesn't believe in prophetic dreams.
(d) Because he realizes Donuil is a spy.
9. What fills the evening Merlyn spends at Twistback's for dinner?
(a) Fine music.
(b) Fine wine.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Fine food.
10. Where do Merlyn and his group stop on their way home to Camulod from Eire?
(a) The shire.
(d) The leper colony.
11. How long does Merlyn have to wait for help with Mordecai?
(a) One week.
(b) Just one night.
(c) Only a few minutes.
(d) Only a few hours.
12. Where are the arrows from that were used in the surprise attack on Camulod in Chapter 21?
13. How does Merlyn feel as he heads to Liam Twistback's home for dinner?
(a) Nervous about seeing Sheelagh again.
(b) Easy and relaxed.
(c) Very defensive; he is worried Twistback might try to kill him.
(d) Unsure of what to expect.
14. How long does the period of peace last after the incident with Dergyll?
(a) Five years.
(b) Five months.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Five minutes -- if that.
15. What had happened to the man who went missing from Eire in Chapter 16?
(a) He was injured riding his horse.
(b) He tried to kill a bear but wasn't strong enough.
(c) He was actually out for a fling with his girlfriend.
(d) He was found tied up in the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merlyn report to Dergyll about Ironhair?
2. What does Merlyn realize is the only way for him to get down and help Mordecai?
3. What delays Merlyn's plans to seek justice for the attack in Chapter 21?
4. Who tells Merlyn that some men attacked the leper colony?
5. When does the surprise attack come against Donuil, Merlyn, Athol, and their men in Chapter 16?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)