|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Dergyll and Merlyn discuss as Chapter 26 comes to a close?
(a) How to find wives.
(b) Renewing their alliance with each other.
(c) That Dergyll should come to Camuld more often.
(d) The best way to breed horses.
2. Who tells Merlyn that some men attacked the leper colony?
(c) No one; he sees it in a dream.
3. During his hunting expedition, how does Merlyn make sure his kill is picked up?
(a) He puts up flags so he can find it later.
(b) He sends birds off with messages about where others can find the kills.
(c) Soldiers come and get it at predetermined places.
(d) He sends it off with specially trained birds.
4. What kind of feeling does Merlyn have as he and his people depart Eire?
(a) A sense of foreboding.
(b) A sense of sadness.
(c) A sense of joy.
(d) A sense of relief.
5. What do Merlyn and his competitor shoot at during the shooting contest in Chapter 20?
(a) An apple on a fence.
(b) A small brooch planted in a haystack.
(c) A rose on a rose bush.
(d) A bird in a tree.
6. Who is Dergyll?
(a) Uther's cousin.
(b) Merlyn's arch enemy.
(c) A new character without any connection to the other characters.
(d) A man claiming Arthur shouldn't be king.
7. What does Sheelagh believe will happen with her and Donuil?
(a) They will have two sons and two daughters.
(b) They will have two daughters.
(c) They will have no children.
(d) They will have two sons.
8. What is Sheelagh very gifted with?
(a) The harp.
9. Who is behind the surprise attack on Donuil, Merlyn, Athol, and their men in Chapter 16?
(a) No one ever really finds out.
(b) The Wild Ones.
10. How many children do Amrbose and Ludmilla have?
(a) Two daughters.
(b) Two sons and two daughters.
(c) None; they don't want any children.
(d) Two sons.
11. How does Dergyll know that Merlyn is telling the truth about Ironhair?
(a) He just has to take a chance because he can't tell one way or the other.
(b) He can see the truth in his face.
(c) He makes him drink a truth serum.
(d) He had a premonition about it.
12. Who ultimately decides that Arthur should go back to Camulod?
13. What kind of weapons do Dergyll and his men have?
(b) Bows and arrows.
14. What does Sheelagh remind Merlyn of?
(a) An egret.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A snake.
(d) A lioness.
15. What does Merlyn realize is the only way for him to get down and help Mordecai?
(a) To walk backward to reduce the risk of falling.
(b) To slide down on his belly, like a snake.
(c) To lower himself using a rope.
(d) To crawl down on his hands and knees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sheelagh hesitant to share that she has prophetic dreams?
2. What major factor enables Merlyn, Donuil, and Athol to successfully defend themselves from the surprise attack?
3. Why doesn't Merlyn tell Donuil about his realization of the meaning behind his prophetic dream as he and his men leave Eire?
4. Where does Sheelagh see Donuil after he has been gone during the Winter?
5. How does Merlyn feel as he heads to Liam Twistback's home for dinner?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)