|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dergyll know that Merlyn is telling the truth about Ironhair?
(a) He can see the truth in his face.
(b) He just has to take a chance because he can't tell one way or the other.
(c) He had a premonition about it.
(d) He makes him drink a truth serum.
2. When does the surprise attack come against Donuil, Merlyn, Athol, and their men in Chapter 16?
(a) In the middle of a town funeral.
(b) At sunset.
(c) At dawn.
(d) In the middle of a town wedding.
3. How long were Merlyn and his group actually gone while they were in Eire?
(a) Six days.
(b) Six years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six weeks.
4. How long do the searchers agree to spend searching for Mordecai?
(a) A few minutes.
(b) One entire day.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two hours.
5. How long does Merlyn have to wait for help with Mordecai?
(a) Only a few hours.
(b) Just one night.
(c) Only a few minutes.
(d) One week.
6. Where does Sheelagh see Donuil after he has been gone during the Winter?
(a) On a plane.
(b) On a horse.
(c) In a tree, trying to see her, too.
(d) On a ship.
7. How do Merlyn and his men feel about returning to home soil?
(c) Very, very happy.
8. What is Sheelagh very gifted with?
(c) The harp.
9. What advice does Sheelagh give Donuil when the search party is unable to find the missing man?
(a) To listen to his intuition.
(b) To get back out there and try again.
(c) To just accept the fact that he is dead.
(d) To consider the fact that he was a spy who ran away.
10. Who is behind the surprise attack on Donuil, Merlyn, Athol, and their men in Chapter 16?
(a) The Wild Ones.
(b) No one ever really finds out.
11. What does Merlyn think about in regard to Arthur as he heads home to Camulod from Eire?
(a) How handsome he is.
(b) How smart he is.
(c) How much he needs a dad who can be around every day.
(d) How quickly the child is growing.
12. Why doesn't Merlyn tell Donuil about his realization of the meaning behind his prophetic dream as he and his men leave Eire?
(a) Because he can't seem to get Donuil alone.
(b) Because he realizes Donuil is a spy.
(c) Because Donuil doesn't believe in prophetic dreams.
(d) Because Donuil is too distraught over Sheelagh.
13. What message does Dergyll give Merlyn when they first meet?
(a) That he has weapons and men and is prepared to fight.
(b) That he's rather trade weapons than fight.
(c) That they only have a few weapons but they are powerful.
(d) That he is willing to surrender his weapons without any battle.
14. What does Sheelagh believe will happen with her and Donuil?
(a) They will have two daughters.
(b) They will have no children.
(c) They will have two sons and two daughters.
(d) They will have two sons.
15. What major factor enables Merlyn, Donuil, and Athol to successfully defend themselves from the surprise attack?
(a) Merlyn's sorcery.
(c) Their horses.
(d) Brute force.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Merlyn go in Chapter 9 to stop himself from thinking about and lusting after Sheelagh?
2. When does Mordecai die?
3. As he is falling asleep at the end of Chapter 20, what does Merlyn realize he just needs to think of in order to feel happy?
4. Who does Merlyn first tell about his prophetic dream, once he realizes its significance on the boat as he departs Eire?
5. What does Merlyn decide to leave behind as he heads to Twistback's home for dinner in Chapter 15?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)