|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What delays Merlyn's plans to seek justice for the attack in Chapter 21?
(a) Sheelagh's pregnancy.
(b) Arthur's illness.
(c) Bad snow and other weather.
(d) A dream his has.
2. Why doesn't Merlyn tell Donuil about his realization of the meaning behind his prophetic dream as he and his men leave Eire?
(a) Because Donuil doesn't believe in prophetic dreams.
(b) Because he can't seem to get Donuil alone.
(c) Because Donuil is too distraught over Sheelagh.
(d) Because he realizes Donuil is a spy.
3. How does Sheelagh know Donuil is okay when she sees him after their long absence from each other?
(a) They had prearranged signals.
(b) She didn't but she had to take the chance.
(c) She had a prophetic dream.
(d) She just knew instinctively.
4. How does Merlyn feel as he heads to Liam Twistback's home for dinner?
(a) Unsure of what to expect.
(b) Nervous about seeing Sheelagh again.
(c) Easy and relaxed.
(d) Very defensive; he is worried Twistback might try to kill him.
5. Where are the arrows from that were used in the surprise attack on Camulod in Chapter 21?
6. What is Twistback's relationship with his daughter, Sheelagh, like?
(a) He can be very nice but also very mean to her.
(b) He is mad he never had a son and takes it out on her.
(c) He is very harsh on her.
(d) He dotes on her and enjoys spoiling her.
7. What does Sheelagh believe will happen with her and Donuil?
(a) They will have no children.
(b) They will have two sons and two daughters.
(c) They will have two sons.
(d) They will have two daughters.
8. How do Merlyn's troops feel about the attack on the leper colony?
(a) They are glad because now they don't have to protect them anymore.
(b) They feel sad for them.
(c) They think it was a mercy killing.
(d) They don't really care one way or the other.
9. What surprise do Merlyn and his group encounter when they first return to home soil in Chapter 19?
(a) A drought.
(b) A field of blooming daisies as far as the eye can see.
(c) A body of armed men.
(d) A plague of locusts.
10. How many men are killed in the surprise attack on Camulod in Chapter 21?
11. What do people come to think of Arthur as he gets older?
(a) Nearly everyone finds him delightful.
(b) That he is growing up to be spoiled.
(c) That he is super smart but not very nice.
(d) That he is very shy and needs to be a little friendlier.
12. What major factor enables Merlyn, Donuil, and Athol to successfully defend themselves from the surprise attack?
(a) Merlyn's sorcery.
(b) Their horses.
(c) Brute force.
13. What does Merlyn decide to leave behind as he heads to Twistback's home for dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) A note saying where he is.
(b) His most sacred jewelry; he is afraid of being robbed.
(c) His armor and weaponry.
(d) Arthur; he doesn't want him getting hurt.
14. What does Sheelagh remind Merlyn of?
(a) A lioness.
(b) A hawk.
(c) An egret.
(d) A snake.
15. What do the people from Eire think when they arrive with Merlyn back in Camulod?
(a) They think it's nice but not quite like home.
(b) They are underwhelmed and unimpressed.
(c) They are angry they took such a long journey to such a boring place.
(d) They are overwhelmed and impressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do Amrbose and Ludmilla have?
2. What does Merlyn think about in regard to Arthur as he heads home to Camulod from Eire?
3. As he is falling asleep at the end of Chapter 20, what does Merlyn realize he just needs to think of in order to feel happy?
4. Who does Aunt Luceiia see in Arthur in Chapter 19?
5. Who ultimately decides that Arthur should go back to Camulod?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)