|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Arthur react when he sees Excalibur for the first time?
(a) He is disinterested.
(b) Even though he's very little, he can pick it up with ease.
(c) He grips it strongly and doesn't want to let it go.
(d) He doesn't react at all, almost like he's in a trance.
2. What had happened to the man who went missing from Eire in Chapter 16?
(a) He was injured riding his horse.
(b) He was actually out for a fling with his girlfriend.
(c) He was found tied up in the woods.
(d) He tried to kill a bear but wasn't strong enough.
3. What is the situation like as Merlyn and Dergyll face each other at first in Chapter 26?
(a) Very tense.
4. How do Merlyn's troops feel about the attack on the leper colony?
(a) They are glad because now they don't have to protect them anymore.
(b) They think it was a mercy killing.
(c) They don't really care one way or the other.
(d) They feel sad for them.
5. What fills the evening Merlyn spends at Twistback's for dinner?
(a) Fine food.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Fine music.
(d) Fine wine.
6. Why is Merlyn not worried about all the blood on him after he tries to rescue Mordecai?
(a) Because it is horseblood.
(b) Because it is just the blood from a rabbit he killed and ate.
(c) Because it is Mordecai's blood.
(d) Because he still feels fine.
7. During his hunting expedition, how does Merlyn make sure his kill is picked up?
(a) He sends it off with specially trained birds.
(b) Soldiers come and get it at predetermined places.
(c) He sends birds off with messages about where others can find the kills.
(d) He puts up flags so he can find it later.
8. Where do Merlyn and his group stop on their way home to Camulod from Eire?
(a) The shire.
(c) The leper colony.
9. What causes Merlyn's horse to run away as he is trying to rescue Mordecai?
(a) A gunshot.
(b) Merlyn's angry yelling and cursing.
(c) Thunder and lightning.
(d) A spirit.
10. How has Ironhair betrayed Dergyll?
(a) He seduced his wife.
(b) He claimed a link to Camulod.
(c) He told him a lot of lies and then took his money.
(d) He robbed him of some livestock.
11. As he is falling asleep at the end of Chapter 20, what does Merlyn realize he just needs to think of in order to feel happy?
(a) His aunt.
(c) Arthur's wet nurse.
12. How does Aunt Luceiia react when she sees Arthur again in Chapter 19?
(a) She is nervous because she isn't smart but Arthur is.
(b) She doesn't recognize him.
(c) She is angry to see him since she doesn't think he should be king.
(d) She is overjoyed.
13. Who comes to see Merlyn and his men off as they depart Eire?
(a) A large crowd.
(b) Only a few people.
(c) No one; they leave under cover of night.
(d) Only Sheelagh.
14. How does Merlyn feel as he heads to Liam Twistback's home for dinner?
(a) Unsure of what to expect.
(b) Easy and relaxed.
(c) Nervous about seeing Sheelagh again.
(d) Very defensive; he is worried Twistback might try to kill him.
15. What does Merlyn think about Donuil's connection with Sheelagh?
(a) That his friend will be disappointed once he gets to know her.
(b) That his friend is lucky.
(c) That his friend better watch his back.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role did Twistback once play with a troupe of showman?
2. How long does the period of peace last after the incident with Dergyll?
3. What do Merlyn and his competitor shoot at during the shooting contest in Chapter 20?
4. What does Sheelagh believe will happen with her and Donuil?
5. How long does Merlyn have to wait for help with Mordecai?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)