|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people from Eire think when they arrive with Merlyn back in Camulod?
(a) They are underwhelmed and unimpressed.
(b) They think it's nice but not quite like home.
(c) They are overwhelmed and impressed.
(d) They are angry they took such a long journey to such a boring place.
2. What kind of weapons do Dergyll and his men have?
(a) Bows and arrows.
3. Who ultimately decides that Arthur should go back to Camulod?
4. What causes Merlyn's horse to run away as he is trying to rescue Mordecai?
(a) Thunder and lightning.
(b) A spirit.
(c) Merlyn's angry yelling and cursing.
(d) A gunshot.
5. What illness does Merlyn get after the attack on Donuil and the men?
(a) Gun powder poisoning.
(b) Blood poisoning.
(c) Sun poisoning.
(d) Food poisoning.
6. What does Sheelagh believe will happen with her and Donuil?
(a) They will have two sons.
(b) They will have no children.
(c) They will have two sons and two daughters.
(d) They will have two daughters.
7. What do Dergyll and Merlyn discuss as Chapter 26 comes to a close?
(a) How to find wives.
(b) The best way to breed horses.
(c) Renewing their alliance with each other.
(d) That Dergyll should come to Camuld more often.
8. Who challenges Merlyn to a shooting contest in Chapter 20?
(b) Huw Armstong.
9. What does Sheelagh give Merlyn as she is preparing to leave him and go meet Donuil?
(a) A deep kiss.
(b) Her ring.
(c) A flower.
(d) A picture of herself.
10. In Chapter 17, where does Athol say he is going to move his people for the Winter?
11. What does Merlyn decide to leave behind as he heads to Twistback's home for dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) A note saying where he is.
(b) His most sacred jewelry; he is afraid of being robbed.
(c) Arthur; he doesn't want him getting hurt.
(d) His armor and weaponry.
12. Why does Sheelagh ask Merlyn's opinion of Donuil?
(a) She is too shy to talk to Donuil herself.
(b) She knows they are destined to be together.
(c) She doesn't quite trust Donuil yet and isn't sure if she should.
(d) She is trying to see if Merlyn has a crush on her.
13. What surprise do Merlyn and his group encounter when they first return to home soil in Chapter 19?
(a) A drought.
(b) A field of blooming daisies as far as the eye can see.
(c) A plague of locusts.
(d) A body of armed men.
14. Where does Sheelagh see Donuil after he has been gone during the Winter?
(a) On a plane.
(b) On a horse.
(c) On a ship.
(d) In a tree, trying to see her, too.
15. Why does Merlyn decide to tell Sheelagh about Excalibur?
(a) He just thinks she would find the story interesting.
(b) He thinks she may have an important role with it some day.
(c) He wants to impress her.
(d) She walked in on him showing it to Arthur.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wins the shooting competition in Chapter 20?
2. Who tells Merlyn to go on a hunt in Chapter 21?
3. What fills the evening Merlyn spends at Twistback's for dinner?
4. What is Twistback's relationship with his daughter, Sheelagh, like?
5. During his hunting expedition, how does Merlyn make sure his kill is picked up?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)