|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do the searchers agree to spend searching for Mordecai?
(a) One entire day.
(b) A few minutes.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Two days.
2. What does Merlyn report to Dergyll about Ironhair?
(a) That he has taken a blood oath to protect him.
(b) That they are lovers.
(c) That they are brothers.
(d) That the man tried to kill him.
3. Who is behind the surprise attack on Donuil, Merlyn, Athol, and their men in Chapter 16?
(a) The Wild Ones.
(c) No one ever really finds out.
4. Where does Sheelagh see Donuil after he has been gone during the Winter?
(a) On a plane.
(b) On a horse.
(c) On a ship.
(d) In a tree, trying to see her, too.
5. What does Merlyn think about in regard to Arthur as he heads home to Camulod from Eire?
(a) How handsome he is.
(b) How much he needs a dad who can be around every day.
(c) How quickly the child is growing.
(d) How smart he is.
6. How many men are killed in the surprise attack on Camulod in Chapter 21?
7. How many children do Amrbose and Ludmilla have?
(a) None; they don't want any children.
(b) Two sons and two daughters.
(c) Two daughters.
(d) Two sons.
8. Who tells Merlyn that some men attacked the leper colony?
(c) No one; he sees it in a dream.
9. Why is Sheelagh hesitant to share that she has prophetic dreams?
(a) She is afraid one will be incorrect and then people will call her a liar.
(b) She is afraid people will bother her all the time with requests.
(c) She knows that Donuil hates people who talk about stuff like this.
(d) She doesn't want to be accused of sorcery.
10. How do Merlyn's troops feel about the attack on the leper colony?
(a) They feel sad for them.
(b) They think it was a mercy killing.
(c) They are glad because now they don't have to protect them anymore.
(d) They don't really care one way or the other.
11. What message does Dergyll give Merlyn when they first meet?
(a) That he's rather trade weapons than fight.
(b) That he has weapons and men and is prepared to fight.
(c) That he is willing to surrender his weapons without any battle.
(d) That they only have a few weapons but they are powerful.
12. What advice does Sheelagh give Donuil when the search party is unable to find the missing man?
(a) To consider the fact that he was a spy who ran away.
(b) To get back out there and try again.
(c) To just accept the fact that he is dead.
(d) To listen to his intuition.
13. What delays Merlyn's plans to seek justice for the attack in Chapter 21?
(a) Bad snow and other weather.
(b) A dream his has.
(c) Arthur's illness.
(d) Sheelagh's pregnancy.
14. How does Sheelagh know Donuil is okay when she sees him after their long absence from each other?
(a) She just knew instinctively.
(b) They had prearranged signals.
(c) She had a prophetic dream.
(d) She didn't but she had to take the chance.
15. What does Merlyn decide to leave behind as he heads to Twistback's home for dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) A note saying where he is.
(b) His most sacred jewelry; he is afraid of being robbed.
(c) Arthur; he doesn't want him getting hurt.
(d) His armor and weaponry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long were Merlyn and his group actually gone while they were in Eire?
2. What fills the evening Merlyn spends at Twistback's for dinner?
3. Where do Merlyn and his group stop on their way home to Camulod from Eire?
4. When does Mordecai die?
5. What is Sheelagh very gifted with?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)