|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Ironhair betrayed Dergyll?
(a) He told him a lot of lies and then took his money.
(b) He robbed him of some livestock.
(c) He seduced his wife.
(d) He claimed a link to Camulod.
2. What is Sheelagh very gifted with?
(d) The harp.
3. What surprise do Merlyn and his group encounter when they first return to home soil in Chapter 19?
(a) A plague of locusts.
(b) A drought.
(c) A body of armed men.
(d) A field of blooming daisies as far as the eye can see.
4. How does Lucanus react when he sees Merlyn and his group have returned?
(a) He is thrilled.
(b) He thinks they are ghosts.
(c) He is both happy and sad, since now he has to share the spotlight.
(d) He is mad because the gift he was planning isn't ready yet.
5. How many children do Amrbose and Ludmilla have?
(a) Two daughters.
(b) Two sons and two daughters.
(c) Two sons.
(d) None; they don't want any children.
6. What kind of weapons do Dergyll and his men have?
(d) Bows and arrows.
7. What does Merlyn report to Dergyll about Ironhair?
(a) That he has taken a blood oath to protect him.
(b) That the man tried to kill him.
(c) That they are brothers.
(d) That they are lovers.
8. In Chapter 17, where does Athol say he is going to move his people for the Winter?
9. How do Merlyn's troops feel about the attack on the leper colony?
(a) They don't really care one way or the other.
(b) They think it was a mercy killing.
(c) They are glad because now they don't have to protect them anymore.
(d) They feel sad for them.
10. What message does Merlyn give Dergyll when they first meet?
(a) That he is there only as a messenger for King Athol.
(b) That he has reinforcements on the way.
(c) That he will kill them all bare-handed, as he has done before.
(d) That he is not there to fight but just wants his horses.
11. Who is Dergyll?
(a) Uther's cousin.
(b) A man claiming Arthur shouldn't be king.
(c) A new character without any connection to the other characters.
(d) Merlyn's arch enemy.
12. Who tells Merlyn that some men attacked the leper colony?
(c) No one; he sees it in a dream.
13. Why is Merlyn not worried about all the blood on him after he tries to rescue Mordecai?
(a) Because it is Mordecai's blood.
(b) Because it is just the blood from a rabbit he killed and ate.
(c) Because he still feels fine.
(d) Because it is horseblood.
14. What does Sheelagh give Merlyn as she is preparing to leave him and go meet Donuil?
(a) Her ring.
(b) A deep kiss.
(c) A picture of herself.
(d) A flower.
15. Who ultimately decides that Arthur should go back to Camulod?
Short Answer Questions
1. What fills the evening Merlyn spends at Twistback's for dinner?
2. What does Merlyn decide to leave behind as he heads to Twistback's home for dinner in Chapter 15?
3. Why does Merlyn decide to tell Sheelagh about Excalibur?
4. What does Sheelagh believe will happen with her and Donuil?
5. What does Merlyn realize is the only way for him to get down and help Mordecai?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)