|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Merlyn's troops feel about the attack on the leper colony?
(a) They think it was a mercy killing.
(b) They are glad because now they don't have to protect them anymore.
(c) They feel sad for them.
(d) They don't really care one way or the other.
2. Who challenges Merlyn to a shooting contest in Chapter 20?
(a) Huw Armstong.
3. Why is Merlyn not worried about all the blood on him after he tries to rescue Mordecai?
(a) Because it is Mordecai's blood.
(b) Because it is horseblood.
(c) Because he still feels fine.
(d) Because it is just the blood from a rabbit he killed and ate.
4. When does Mordecai die?
(a) Right as help arrives.
(b) During the night he spends with Merlyn.
(c) When he arrives back home.
(d) Before Merlyn can reach him.
5. Where are the arrows from that were used in the surprise attack on Camulod in Chapter 21?
6. What illness does Merlyn get after the attack on Donuil and the men?
(a) Gun powder poisoning.
(b) Sun poisoning.
(c) Blood poisoning.
(d) Food poisoning.
7. What fills the evening Merlyn spends at Twistback's for dinner?
(a) Fine music.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Fine food.
(d) Fine wine.
8. How many men are killed in the surprise attack on Camulod in Chapter 21?
9. How long does the period of peace last after the incident with Dergyll?
(a) Five minutes -- if that.
(b) Five months.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Five years.
10. What is the situation like as Merlyn and Dergyll face each other at first in Chapter 26?
(c) Very tense.
11. What do the people from Eire think when they arrive with Merlyn back in Camulod?
(a) They are angry they took such a long journey to such a boring place.
(b) They are underwhelmed and unimpressed.
(c) They think it's nice but not quite like home.
(d) They are overwhelmed and impressed.
12. What message does Merlyn give Dergyll when they first meet?
(a) That he is not there to fight but just wants his horses.
(b) That he is there only as a messenger for King Athol.
(c) That he has reinforcements on the way.
(d) That he will kill them all bare-handed, as he has done before.
13. What message does Dergyll give Merlyn when they first meet?
(a) That they only have a few weapons but they are powerful.
(b) That he's rather trade weapons than fight.
(c) That he is willing to surrender his weapons without any battle.
(d) That he has weapons and men and is prepared to fight.
14. Who does Merlyn first tell about his prophetic dream, once he realizes its significance on the boat as he departs Eire?
15. Where do Merlyn and his group stop on their way home to Camulod from Eire?
(a) The leper colony.
(b) The shire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merlyn think about Donuil's connection with Sheelagh?
2. How does Arthur react when he sees Excalibur for the first time?
3. What allows Merlyn to kill a very large number of deer in Chapter 20?
4. What surprise do Merlyn and his group encounter when they first return to home soil in Chapter 19?
5. How many men do Merlyn and his men find hanging in Chapter 26?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)