|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does Merlyn get after the attack on Donuil and the men?
(a) Blood poisoning.
(b) Sun poisoning.
(c) Gun powder poisoning.
(d) Food poisoning.
2. What does Merlyn think about in regard to Arthur as he heads home to Camulod from Eire?
(a) How handsome he is.
(b) How much he needs a dad who can be around every day.
(c) How quickly the child is growing.
(d) How smart he is.
3. Why does Merlyn decide to tell Sheelagh about Excalibur?
(a) He thinks she may have an important role with it some day.
(b) He just thinks she would find the story interesting.
(c) He wants to impress her.
(d) She walked in on him showing it to Arthur.
4. What causes Merlyn's horse to run away as he is trying to rescue Mordecai?
(a) Merlyn's angry yelling and cursing.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) Thunder and lightning.
(d) A spirit.
5. Who comes to see Merlyn and his men off as they depart Eire?
(a) No one; they leave under cover of night.
(b) Only Sheelagh.
(c) A large crowd.
(d) Only a few people.
6. How long does Merlyn have to wait for help with Mordecai?
(a) One week.
(b) Only a few hours.
(c) Just one night.
(d) Only a few minutes.
7. How do Merlyn and his men feel about returning to home soil?
(d) Very, very happy.
8. Where do Merlyn and his group stop on their way home to Camulod from Eire?
(b) The leper colony.
(d) The shire.
9. How has Ironhair betrayed Dergyll?
(a) He told him a lot of lies and then took his money.
(b) He seduced his wife.
(c) He claimed a link to Camulod.
(d) He robbed him of some livestock.
10. What major factor enables Merlyn, Donuil, and Athol to successfully defend themselves from the surprise attack?
(a) Their horses.
(c) Brute force.
(d) Merlyn's sorcery.
11. What surprise do Merlyn and his group encounter when they first return to home soil in Chapter 19?
(a) A plague of locusts.
(b) A body of armed men.
(c) A field of blooming daisies as far as the eye can see.
(d) A drought.
12. What does Merlyn think about Donuil's connection with Sheelagh?
(a) That his friend is lucky.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) That his friend will be disappointed once he gets to know her.
(d) That his friend better watch his back.
13. How long do the searchers agree to spend searching for Mordecai?
(a) Two days.
(b) A few minutes.
(c) Two hours.
(d) One entire day.
14. What message does Dergyll give Merlyn when they first meet?
(a) That they only have a few weapons but they are powerful.
(b) That he has weapons and men and is prepared to fight.
(c) That he's rather trade weapons than fight.
(d) That he is willing to surrender his weapons without any battle.
15. What does Merlyn decide to leave behind as he heads to Twistback's home for dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) Arthur; he doesn't want him getting hurt.
(b) A note saying where he is.
(c) His armor and weaponry.
(d) His most sacred jewelry; he is afraid of being robbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Dergyll and Merlyn discuss as Chapter 26 comes to a close?
2. What does Sheelagh believe will happen with her and Donuil?
3. What is Twistback's relationship with his daughter, Sheelagh, like?
4. What does Merlyn report to Dergyll about Ironhair?
5. How many children do Amrbose and Ludmilla have?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)