|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aunt Luceiia react when she sees Arthur again in Chapter 19?
(a) She doesn't recognize him.
(b) She is overjoyed.
(c) She is angry to see him since she doesn't think he should be king.
(d) She is nervous because she isn't smart but Arthur is.
2. Where do Sheelagh and Arthur's wet nurse stay when they reach Camulod with Merlyn?
(a) In their own house they rent together.
(b) In a special hotel for unmarried women.
(c) With Aunt Luceia.
(d) In Merlyn's castle.
3. Who wins the shooting competition in Chapter 20?
(a) No one; everyone decides it's a tie.
4. How do Merlyn's troops feel about the attack on the leper colony?
(a) They feel sad for them.
(b) They don't really care one way or the other.
(c) They think it was a mercy killing.
(d) They are glad because now they don't have to protect them anymore.
5. What causes Merlyn's horse to run away as he is trying to rescue Mordecai?
(a) A spirit.
(b) Merlyn's angry yelling and cursing.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) Thunder and lightning.
6. How long did Lucanus think Merlyn and his group would be gone to Eire?
(a) Six months.
(b) Six days.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Six years.
7. What had happened to the man who went missing from Eire in Chapter 16?
(a) He tried to kill a bear but wasn't strong enough.
(b) He was injured riding his horse.
(c) He was actually out for a fling with his girlfriend.
(d) He was found tied up in the woods.
8. How many men are killed in the surprise attack on Camulod in Chapter 21?
9. Why doesn't Merlyn tell Donuil about his realization of the meaning behind his prophetic dream as he and his men leave Eire?
(a) Because he realizes Donuil is a spy.
(b) Because Donuil doesn't believe in prophetic dreams.
(c) Because Donuil is too distraught over Sheelagh.
(d) Because he can't seem to get Donuil alone.
10. Why does Merlyn decide to tell Sheelagh about Excalibur?
(a) He wants to impress her.
(b) He thinks she may have an important role with it some day.
(c) She walked in on him showing it to Arthur.
(d) He just thinks she would find the story interesting.
11. What illness does Merlyn get after the attack on Donuil and the men?
(a) Sun poisoning.
(b) Gun powder poisoning.
(c) Food poisoning.
(d) Blood poisoning.
12. What surprise do Merlyn and his group encounter when they first return to home soil in Chapter 19?
(a) A plague of locusts.
(b) A body of armed men.
(c) A field of blooming daisies as far as the eye can see.
(d) A drought.
13. Why is Sheelagh hesitant to share that she has prophetic dreams?
(a) She knows that Donuil hates people who talk about stuff like this.
(b) She doesn't want to be accused of sorcery.
(c) She is afraid people will bother her all the time with requests.
(d) She is afraid one will be incorrect and then people will call her a liar.
14. Who is Dergyll?
(a) A new character without any connection to the other characters.
(b) Merlyn's arch enemy.
(c) A man claiming Arthur shouldn't be king.
(d) Uther's cousin.
15. What do people come to think of Arthur as he gets older?
(a) That he is super smart but not very nice.
(b) That he is growing up to be spoiled.
(c) Nearly everyone finds him delightful.
(d) That he is very shy and needs to be a little friendlier.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sheelagh know Donuil is okay when she sees him after their long absence from each other?
2. What is Sheelagh very gifted with?
3. What evidence do Merlyn and his men find by the hanging bodies in Chapter 26?
4. What advice does Sheelagh give Donuil when the search party is unable to find the missing man?
5. What does Sheelagh believe will happen with her and Donuil?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)