|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to see Merlyn and his men off as they depart Eire?
(a) Only a few people.
(b) A large crowd.
(c) No one; they leave under cover of night.
(d) Only Sheelagh.
2. What allows Merlyn to kill a very large number of deer in Chapter 20?
(a) Extremely good luck.
(b) The new bow he got in Eire.
(c) His keen eyesight, which somehow improved lately.
(d) Extremely bad weather.
3. What advice does Sheelagh give Donuil when the search party is unable to find the missing man?
(a) To listen to his intuition.
(b) To consider the fact that he was a spy who ran away.
(c) To just accept the fact that he is dead.
(d) To get back out there and try again.
4. Who is Dergyll?
(a) A new character without any connection to the other characters.
(b) Uther's cousin.
(c) Merlyn's arch enemy.
(d) A man claiming Arthur shouldn't be king.
5. What had happened to the man who went missing from Eire in Chapter 16?
(a) He was actually out for a fling with his girlfriend.
(b) He was found tied up in the woods.
(c) He was injured riding his horse.
(d) He tried to kill a bear but wasn't strong enough.
6. What does Sheelagh remind Merlyn of?
(a) An egret.
(b) A lioness.
(c) A snake.
(d) A hawk.
7. What does Merlyn realize is the only way for him to get down and help Mordecai?
(a) To crawl down on his hands and knees.
(b) To lower himself using a rope.
(c) To walk backward to reduce the risk of falling.
(d) To slide down on his belly, like a snake.
8. Where do Merlyn and his group stop on their way home to Camulod from Eire?
(a) The leper colony.
(b) The shire.
9. How many children do Amrbose and Ludmilla have?
(a) Two daughters.
(b) Two sons.
(c) Two sons and two daughters.
(d) None; they don't want any children.
10. What surprise do Merlyn and his group encounter when they first return to home soil in Chapter 19?
(a) A plague of locusts.
(b) A drought.
(c) A body of armed men.
(d) A field of blooming daisies as far as the eye can see.
11. What is Twistback's relationship with his daughter, Sheelagh, like?
(a) He can be very nice but also very mean to her.
(b) He dotes on her and enjoys spoiling her.
(c) He is very harsh on her.
(d) He is mad he never had a son and takes it out on her.
12. What is the situation like as Merlyn and Dergyll face each other at first in Chapter 26?
(a) Very tense.
13. Who ultimately decides that Arthur should go back to Camulod?
14. What is Sheelagh very gifted with?
(c) The harp.
15. What does Merlyn report to Dergyll about Ironhair?
(a) That they are lovers.
(b) That he has taken a blood oath to protect him.
(c) That they are brothers.
(d) That the man tried to kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aunt Luceiia react when she sees Arthur again in Chapter 19?
2. Who does Merlyn first tell about his prophetic dream, once he realizes its significance on the boat as he departs Eire?
3. How does Arthur react when he sees Excalibur for the first time?
4. How long did Lucanus think Merlyn and his group would be gone to Eire?
5. Where do Sheelagh and Arthur's wet nurse stay when they reach Camulod with Merlyn?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)