|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What evidence do Merlyn and his men find by the hanging bodies in Chapter 26?
(a) Evidence of their horses.
(b) Evidence that Donuil was behind it all.
(c) Evidence of a set-up.
(d) Evidence of a trap.
2. How does Aunt Luceiia react when she sees Arthur again in Chapter 19?
(a) She is nervous because she isn't smart but Arthur is.
(b) She is overjoyed.
(c) She is angry to see him since she doesn't think he should be king.
(d) She doesn't recognize him.
3. Where does Merlyn go in Chapter 9 to stop himself from thinking about and lusting after Sheelagh?
(a) His favorite tavern.
(b) A cool pond.
(c) A field where he can hunt easily.
(d) A large clearing.
4. What does Sheelagh believe will happen with her and Donuil?
(a) They will have two sons.
(b) They will have no children.
(c) They will have two sons and two daughters.
(d) They will have two daughters.
5. What is Sheelagh very gifted with?
(c) The harp.
6. What major factor enables Merlyn, Donuil, and Athol to successfully defend themselves from the surprise attack?
(a) Brute force.
(b) Merlyn's sorcery.
(d) Their horses.
7. What kind of weapons do Dergyll and his men have?
(a) Bows and arrows.
8. Who comes to see Merlyn and his men off as they depart Eire?
(a) Only Sheelagh.
(b) A large crowd.
(c) Only a few people.
(d) No one; they leave under cover of night.
9. When does the surprise attack come against Donuil, Merlyn, Athol, and their men in Chapter 16?
(a) In the middle of a town funeral.
(b) At sunset.
(c) In the middle of a town wedding.
(d) At dawn.
10. Who challenges Merlyn to a shooting contest in Chapter 20?
(a) Huw Armstong.
11. What do Dergyll and Merlyn discuss as Chapter 26 comes to a close?
(a) That Dergyll should come to Camuld more often.
(b) The best way to breed horses.
(c) How to find wives.
(d) Renewing their alliance with each other.
12. Who does Aunt Luceiia see in Arthur in Chapter 19?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Her grandson.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her brother.
13. What message does Dergyll give Merlyn when they first meet?
(a) That he has weapons and men and is prepared to fight.
(b) That he is willing to surrender his weapons without any battle.
(c) That they only have a few weapons but they are powerful.
(d) That he's rather trade weapons than fight.
14. What does Sheelagh remind Merlyn of?
(a) A lioness.
(b) A snake.
(c) A hawk.
(d) An egret.
15. What is the situation like as Merlyn and Dergyll face each other at first in Chapter 26?
(c) Very tense.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheelagh give Merlyn as she is preparing to leave him and go meet Donuil?
2. Who is behind the surprise attack on Donuil, Merlyn, Athol, and their men in Chapter 16?
3. What does Merlyn think about Donuil's connection with Sheelagh?
4. What had happened to the man who went missing from Eire in Chapter 16?
5. What delays Merlyn's plans to seek justice for the attack in Chapter 21?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)