|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of weapons do Dergyll and his men have?
(b) Bows and arrows.
2. Where are the arrows from that were used in the surprise attack on Camulod in Chapter 21?
3. Who is behind the surprise attack on Donuil, Merlyn, Athol, and their men in Chapter 16?
(b) The Wild Ones.
(d) No one ever really finds out.
4. What is Twistback's relationship with his daughter, Sheelagh, like?
(a) He is very harsh on her.
(b) He is mad he never had a son and takes it out on her.
(c) He dotes on her and enjoys spoiling her.
(d) He can be very nice but also very mean to her.
5. What major factor enables Merlyn, Donuil, and Athol to successfully defend themselves from the surprise attack?
(a) Merlyn's sorcery.
(b) Their horses.
(d) Brute force.
6. How long does the period of peace last after the incident with Dergyll?
(a) Five months.
(b) Five years.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Five minutes -- if that.
7. What do the people from Eire think when they arrive with Merlyn back in Camulod?
(a) They think it's nice but not quite like home.
(b) They are angry they took such a long journey to such a boring place.
(c) They are overwhelmed and impressed.
(d) They are underwhelmed and unimpressed.
8. Who ultimately decides that Arthur should go back to Camulod?
9. Who challenges Merlyn to a shooting contest in Chapter 20?
(b) Huw Armstong.
10. How many men are killed in the surprise attack on Camulod in Chapter 21?
11. What had happened to the man who went missing from Eire in Chapter 16?
(a) He was found tied up in the woods.
(b) He was actually out for a fling with his girlfriend.
(c) He tried to kill a bear but wasn't strong enough.
(d) He was injured riding his horse.
12. Who is Dergyll?
(a) Merlyn's arch enemy.
(b) A new character without any connection to the other characters.
(c) A man claiming Arthur shouldn't be king.
(d) Uther's cousin.
13. When does Mordecai die?
(a) Before Merlyn can reach him.
(b) Right as help arrives.
(c) During the night he spends with Merlyn.
(d) When he arrives back home.
14. Why is Sheelagh hesitant to share that she has prophetic dreams?
(a) She knows that Donuil hates people who talk about stuff like this.
(b) She is afraid people will bother her all the time with requests.
(c) She is afraid one will be incorrect and then people will call her a liar.
(d) She doesn't want to be accused of sorcery.
15. How does Arthur react when he sees Excalibur for the first time?
(a) Even though he's very little, he can pick it up with ease.
(b) He is disinterested.
(c) He doesn't react at all, almost like he's in a trance.
(d) He grips it strongly and doesn't want to let it go.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merlyn report to Dergyll about Ironhair?
2. What delays Merlyn's plans to seek justice for the attack in Chapter 21?
3. Who comes to see Merlyn and his men off as they depart Eire?
4. How do Merlyn's troops feel about the attack on the leper colony?
5. Who does Merlyn first tell about his prophetic dream, once he realizes its significance on the boat as he departs Eire?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)