|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Lucanus think Merlyn and his group would be gone to Eire?
(a) Six years.
(b) Six days.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six weeks.
2. Who challenges Merlyn to a shooting contest in Chapter 20?
(a) Huw Armstong.
3. How does Sheelagh know Donuil is okay when she sees him after their long absence from each other?
(a) They had prearranged signals.
(b) She had a prophetic dream.
(c) She didn't but she had to take the chance.
(d) She just knew instinctively.
4. What do the people from Eire think when they arrive with Merlyn back in Camulod?
(a) They are angry they took such a long journey to such a boring place.
(b) They think it's nice but not quite like home.
(c) They are underwhelmed and unimpressed.
(d) They are overwhelmed and impressed.
5. What fills the evening Merlyn spends at Twistback's for dinner?
(a) Fine food.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Fine wine.
(d) Fine music.
6. What do people come to think of Arthur as he gets older?
(a) That he is growing up to be spoiled.
(b) That he is very shy and needs to be a little friendlier.
(c) Nearly everyone finds him delightful.
(d) That he is super smart but not very nice.
7. What does Merlyn decide to leave behind as he heads to Twistback's home for dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) Arthur; he doesn't want him getting hurt.
(b) A note saying where he is.
(c) His armor and weaponry.
(d) His most sacred jewelry; he is afraid of being robbed.
8. During his hunting expedition, how does Merlyn make sure his kill is picked up?
(a) He puts up flags so he can find it later.
(b) He sends it off with specially trained birds.
(c) Soldiers come and get it at predetermined places.
(d) He sends birds off with messages about where others can find the kills.
9. How do Merlyn and his men feel about returning to home soil?
(a) Very, very happy.
10. What is Sheelagh very gifted with?
(c) The harp.
11. Who is behind the surprise attack on Donuil, Merlyn, Athol, and their men in Chapter 16?
(a) No one ever really finds out.
(d) The Wild Ones.
12. Why is Merlyn not worried about all the blood on him after he tries to rescue Mordecai?
(a) Because it is Mordecai's blood.
(b) Because he still feels fine.
(c) Because it is just the blood from a rabbit he killed and ate.
(d) Because it is horseblood.
13. Where do Merlyn and his group stop on their way home to Camulod from Eire?
(a) The shire.
(d) The leper colony.
14. What do Dergyll and Merlyn discuss as Chapter 26 comes to a close?
(a) Renewing their alliance with each other.
(b) The best way to breed horses.
(c) That Dergyll should come to Camuld more often.
(d) How to find wives.
15. What does Sheelagh give Merlyn as she is preparing to leave him and go meet Donuil?
(a) A flower.
(b) A picture of herself.
(c) A deep kiss.
(d) Her ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sheelagh see Donuil after he has been gone during the Winter?
2. What is Twistback's relationship with his daughter, Sheelagh, like?
3. Who does Aunt Luceiia see in Arthur in Chapter 19?
4. How many men do Merlyn and his men find hanging in Chapter 26?
5. Why is Sheelagh hesitant to share that she has prophetic dreams?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)