|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lucanus react when he sees Merlyn and his group have returned?
(a) He is both happy and sad, since now he has to share the spotlight.
(b) He is mad because the gift he was planning isn't ready yet.
(c) He thinks they are ghosts.
(d) He is thrilled.
2. Where does Merlyn go in Chapter 9 to stop himself from thinking about and lusting after Sheelagh?
(a) A large clearing.
(b) A cool pond.
(c) A field where he can hunt easily.
(d) His favorite tavern.
3. Who does Aunt Luceiia see in Arthur in Chapter 19?
(a) Her brother.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Her grandson.
(d) Her husband.
4. Why does Sheelagh ask Merlyn's opinion of Donuil?
(a) She is trying to see if Merlyn has a crush on her.
(b) She is too shy to talk to Donuil herself.
(c) She knows they are destined to be together.
(d) She doesn't quite trust Donuil yet and isn't sure if she should.
5. Why is Sheelagh hesitant to share that she has prophetic dreams?
(a) She is afraid people will bother her all the time with requests.
(b) She knows that Donuil hates people who talk about stuff like this.
(c) She is afraid one will be incorrect and then people will call her a liar.
(d) She doesn't want to be accused of sorcery.
6. How does Dergyll know that Merlyn is telling the truth about Ironhair?
(a) He can see the truth in his face.
(b) He makes him drink a truth serum.
(c) He had a premonition about it.
(d) He just has to take a chance because he can't tell one way or the other.
7. What does Merlyn report to Dergyll about Ironhair?
(a) That they are lovers.
(b) That he has taken a blood oath to protect him.
(c) That they are brothers.
(d) That the man tried to kill him.
8. How do Merlyn's troops feel about the attack on the leper colony?
(a) They feel sad for them.
(b) They don't really care one way or the other.
(c) They are glad because now they don't have to protect them anymore.
(d) They think it was a mercy killing.
9. What kind of weapons do Dergyll and his men have?
(d) Bows and arrows.
10. What surprise do Merlyn and his group encounter when they first return to home soil in Chapter 19?
(a) A drought.
(b) A body of armed men.
(c) A field of blooming daisies as far as the eye can see.
(d) A plague of locusts.
11. Where are the arrows from that were used in the surprise attack on Camulod in Chapter 21?
12. How long do the searchers agree to spend searching for Mordecai?
(a) Two hours.
(b) A few minutes.
(c) One entire day.
(d) Two days.
13. Why is Merlyn not worried about all the blood on him after he tries to rescue Mordecai?
(a) Because it is Mordecai's blood.
(b) Because he still feels fine.
(c) Because it is just the blood from a rabbit he killed and ate.
(d) Because it is horseblood.
14. What causes Merlyn's horse to run away as he is trying to rescue Mordecai?
(a) A spirit.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) Merlyn's angry yelling and cursing.
(d) Thunder and lightning.
15. How many men do Merlyn and his men find hanging in Chapter 26?
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Merlyn get after the attack on Donuil and the men?
2. What had happened to the man who went missing from Eire in Chapter 16?
3. Why doesn't Merlyn tell Donuil about his realization of the meaning behind his prophetic dream as he and his men leave Eire?
4. What major factor enables Merlyn, Donuil, and Athol to successfully defend themselves from the surprise attack?
5. As he is falling asleep at the end of Chapter 20, what does Merlyn realize he just needs to think of in order to feel happy?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)