|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the situation like as Merlyn and Dergyll face each other at first in Chapter 26?
(c) Very tense.
2. Why doesn't Merlyn tell Donuil about his realization of the meaning behind his prophetic dream as he and his men leave Eire?
(a) Because he can't seem to get Donuil alone.
(b) Because he realizes Donuil is a spy.
(c) Because Donuil is too distraught over Sheelagh.
(d) Because Donuil doesn't believe in prophetic dreams.
3. How long does the period of peace last after the incident with Dergyll?
(a) Five years.
(b) Five months.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Five minutes -- if that.
4. How long do the searchers agree to spend searching for Mordecai?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Two days.
(c) A few minutes.
(d) One entire day.
5. How does Lucanus react when he sees Merlyn and his group have returned?
(a) He is thrilled.
(b) He thinks they are ghosts.
(c) He is mad because the gift he was planning isn't ready yet.
(d) He is both happy and sad, since now he has to share the spotlight.
6. What fills the evening Merlyn spends at Twistback's for dinner?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Fine food.
(c) Fine music.
(d) Fine wine.
7. What kind of weapons do Dergyll and his men have?
(b) Bows and arrows.
8. How long were Merlyn and his group actually gone while they were in Eire?
(a) Six days.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Six years.
9. Who ultimately decides that Arthur should go back to Camulod?
10. What advice does Sheelagh give Donuil when the search party is unable to find the missing man?
(a) To just accept the fact that he is dead.
(b) To consider the fact that he was a spy who ran away.
(c) To get back out there and try again.
(d) To listen to his intuition.
11. How does Dergyll know that Merlyn is telling the truth about Ironhair?
(a) He can see the truth in his face.
(b) He had a premonition about it.
(c) He makes him drink a truth serum.
(d) He just has to take a chance because he can't tell one way or the other.
12. What do Dergyll and Merlyn discuss as Chapter 26 comes to a close?
(a) How to find wives.
(b) The best way to breed horses.
(c) Renewing their alliance with each other.
(d) That Dergyll should come to Camuld more often.
13. What do people come to think of Arthur as he gets older?
(a) That he is growing up to be spoiled.
(b) That he is very shy and needs to be a little friendlier.
(c) Nearly everyone finds him delightful.
(d) That he is super smart but not very nice.
14. What surprise do Merlyn and his group encounter when they first return to home soil in Chapter 19?
(a) A plague of locusts.
(b) A field of blooming daisies as far as the eye can see.
(c) A body of armed men.
(d) A drought.
15. Who wins the shooting competition in Chapter 20?
(d) No one; everyone decides it's a tie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merlyn think about in regard to Arthur as he heads home to Camulod from Eire?
2. Who challenges Merlyn to a shooting contest in Chapter 20?
3. How do Merlyn's troops feel about the attack on the leper colony?
4. Why is Sheelagh hesitant to share that she has prophetic dreams?
5. How does Aunt Luceiia react when she sees Arthur again in Chapter 19?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)