|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aunt Luceiia react when she sees Arthur again in Chapter 19?
(a) She is angry to see him since she doesn't think he should be king.
(b) She is overjoyed.
(c) She is nervous because she isn't smart but Arthur is.
(d) She doesn't recognize him.
2. What do the people from Eire think when they arrive with Merlyn back in Camulod?
(a) They are overwhelmed and impressed.
(b) They are underwhelmed and unimpressed.
(c) They are angry they took such a long journey to such a boring place.
(d) They think it's nice but not quite like home.
3. What message does Merlyn give Dergyll when they first meet?
(a) That he is not there to fight but just wants his horses.
(b) That he has reinforcements on the way.
(c) That he is there only as a messenger for King Athol.
(d) That he will kill them all bare-handed, as he has done before.
4. What does Sheelagh give Merlyn as she is preparing to leave him and go meet Donuil?
(a) Her ring.
(b) A picture of herself.
(c) A flower.
(d) A deep kiss.
5. As he is falling asleep at the end of Chapter 20, what does Merlyn realize he just needs to think of in order to feel happy?
(b) Arthur's wet nurse.
(c) His aunt.
6. Who is Dergyll?
(a) Merlyn's arch enemy.
(b) Uther's cousin.
(c) A new character without any connection to the other characters.
(d) A man claiming Arthur shouldn't be king.
7. What do Dergyll and Merlyn discuss as Chapter 26 comes to a close?
(a) That Dergyll should come to Camuld more often.
(b) The best way to breed horses.
(c) How to find wives.
(d) Renewing their alliance with each other.
8. Who wins the shooting competition in Chapter 20?
(b) No one; everyone decides it's a tie.
9. What fills the evening Merlyn spends at Twistback's for dinner?
(a) Fine music.
(b) Fine food.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Fine wine.
10. What delays Merlyn's plans to seek justice for the attack in Chapter 21?
(a) Arthur's illness.
(b) Bad snow and other weather.
(c) Sheelagh's pregnancy.
(d) A dream his has.
11. What illness does Merlyn get after the attack on Donuil and the men?
(a) Sun poisoning.
(b) Gun powder poisoning.
(c) Food poisoning.
(d) Blood poisoning.
12. In Chapter 17, where does Athol say he is going to move his people for the Winter?
13. Who tells Merlyn to go on a hunt in Chapter 21?
(a) His friends.
(d) His wife.
14. Why doesn't Merlyn tell Donuil about his realization of the meaning behind his prophetic dream as he and his men leave Eire?
(a) Because he realizes Donuil is a spy.
(b) Because Donuil is too distraught over Sheelagh.
(c) Because Donuil doesn't believe in prophetic dreams.
(d) Because he can't seem to get Donuil alone.
15. How do Merlyn's troops feel about the attack on the leper colony?
(a) They don't really care one way or the other.
(b) They feel sad for them.
(c) They think it was a mercy killing.
(d) They are glad because now they don't have to protect them anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the searchers agree to spend searching for Mordecai?
2. Where does Sheelagh see Donuil after he has been gone during the Winter?
3. Where does Merlyn go in Chapter 9 to stop himself from thinking about and lusting after Sheelagh?
4. What message does Dergyll give Merlyn when they first meet?
5. Who comes to see Merlyn and his men off as they depart Eire?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)