|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Sheelagh and Arthur's wet nurse stay when they reach Camulod with Merlyn?
(a) With Aunt Luceia.
(b) In their own house they rent together.
(c) In Merlyn's castle.
(d) In a special hotel for unmarried women.
2. How has Ironhair betrayed Dergyll?
(a) He seduced his wife.
(b) He robbed him of some livestock.
(c) He told him a lot of lies and then took his money.
(d) He claimed a link to Camulod.
3. How many men are killed in the surprise attack on Camulod in Chapter 21?
4. What does Sheelagh believe will happen with her and Donuil?
(a) They will have two daughters.
(b) They will have no children.
(c) They will have two sons and two daughters.
(d) They will have two sons.
5. How long do the searchers agree to spend searching for Mordecai?
(a) A few minutes.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two hours.
(d) One entire day.
6. Who does Merlyn first tell about his prophetic dream, once he realizes its significance on the boat as he departs Eire?
7. Who tells Merlyn to go on a hunt in Chapter 21?
(c) His friends.
(d) His wife.
8. How do Merlyn and his men feel about returning to home soil?
(a) Very, very happy.
9. What message does Merlyn give Dergyll when they first meet?
(a) That he has reinforcements on the way.
(b) That he is there only as a messenger for King Athol.
(c) That he will kill them all bare-handed, as he has done before.
(d) That he is not there to fight but just wants his horses.
10. What is Sheelagh very gifted with?
(d) The harp.
11. Where are the arrows from that were used in the surprise attack on Camulod in Chapter 21?
12. Who wins the shooting competition in Chapter 20?
(c) No one; everyone decides it's a tie.
13. What kind of feeling does Merlyn have as he and his people depart Eire?
(a) A sense of joy.
(b) A sense of sadness.
(c) A sense of relief.
(d) A sense of foreboding.
14. What fills the evening Merlyn spends at Twistback's for dinner?
(a) Fine wine.
(b) Fine food.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Fine music.
15. How does Aunt Luceiia react when she sees Arthur again in Chapter 19?
(a) She doesn't recognize him.
(b) She is overjoyed.
(c) She is angry to see him since she doesn't think he should be king.
(d) She is nervous because she isn't smart but Arthur is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merlyn think about Donuil's connection with Sheelagh?
2. What do the people from Eire think when they arrive with Merlyn back in Camulod?
3. What evidence do Merlyn and his men find by the hanging bodies in Chapter 26?
4. Who challenges Merlyn to a shooting contest in Chapter 20?
5. Where does Sheelagh see Donuil after he has been gone during the Winter?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)