|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away is King Edward when Davydd attacks a castle to start the war?
2. What crime is Davydd convicted of?
3. What goes wrong during Ellen's delivery of her baby?
4. What do Edward's men use the bridge for in Chapter 34?
5. What does the charter that Edward surprises Llewelyn with on his wedding say prevent Llewelyn from doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. As a rebellion between the English and Welsh appears inevitable in Chapter 25, how are Davydd and Llewelyn reacting differently?
2. How does King Edward punish Davydd?
3. What happens between Hugh and Caitlin in Chapters 24 & 25?
4. How is Ellen able to improve Llewelyn's mood for their wedding day?
5. Why does Julianna decide to leave in Chapter 33?
6. What actions does Edward take in Chapter 22 to gain Llewelyn's trust and demonstrate that he plans to protect Llewelyn as his liege lord?
7. What is Edward's plan when he sends John Peckham to Llewelyn in Chapter 34?
8. What happens to Llewelyn when he is in the South in Chapter 36, trying to secure the loyalty of the men there?
9. What does Edward do on Llewelyn's wedding day to try and ruin it?
10. What happens to Amaury in Chapter 31?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Llewelyn and Ellen's marriage and relationship with Davydd and Elizabeth's marriage and relationship.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss King Edward's character. Does he have any redeeming qualities, or is he pure evil? Does the author do a good job of making him seem human? Does he show any character growth throughout The Reckoning?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Davydd and Llewelyn's different strategies for a war or rebellion against England. What were the brothers' different reasons for their strategies? Whose made more sense, and why?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)