|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who betrays Davydd and his family?
2. Who does Llewelyn come across on the road after fighting with Ellen?
3. Who are Davydd and his family traveling to see in Chapter 25?
4. What is a second pet name Ellen calls Edward?
5. Where are Davydd and his family taken to face King Edward?
Short Essay Questions
1. As a rebellion between the English and Welsh appears inevitable in Chapter 25, how are Davydd and Llewelyn reacting differently?
2. What does Ellen reveal to Amaury about Hugh and Elund?
3. When Llewelyn and Davydd encounter one another at the Abbey in Chapter 24, what do they discuss?
4. What news does Elund surprise everyone with in Chapter 28?
5. How does Abby find Hugh again at the end of the book?
6. How does Llewelyn spend the day he is away from home because he and Ellen are fighting?
7. What does Edward do on Llewelyn's wedding day to try and ruin it?
8. How does Caitlin tell Hugh her feelings about him, and how does he react?
9. How does Edmund talk Edward into truly agreed to seek peace?
10. After Davydd and the men learn of Llewelyn's death, what does Davydd have trouble with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify and discuss the genre of The Reckoning, being sure to supply details from the book that demonstrate how it qualifies for the genre and sub genre (if applicable) you assign it. Also discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this genre.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of segregation, excommunication, and discrimination in The Reckoning. Who were the victims of this, and who was supporting or encouraging it?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Davydd's internal struggle with guilt throughout his life and rivalry with his brother, Llewelyn.
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)