|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Davydd and his family traveling to see in Chapter 25?
2. Llewelyn plans to make Roger de Mortimer his ________.
3. What causes Edward and Edmund to argue about the war in Chapter 34?
4. Who does Llewelyn think is using his name while planning a raid on the King's mines, which will begin the rebellion?
5. How does Ellen know Roger de Mortimer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does King Edward punish Davydd?
2. What news does Elund surprise everyone with in Chapter 28?
3. How does Abby find Hugh again at the end of the book?
4. As a rebellion between the English and Welsh appears inevitable in Chapter 25, how are Davydd and Llewelyn reacting differently?
5. How does Edmund talk Edward into truly agreed to seek peace?
6. How is Ellen able to improve Llewelyn's mood for their wedding day?
7. After Davydd and the men learn of Llewelyn's death, what does Davydd have trouble with?
8. What is significant about the day Davydd decides to lead his attack?
9. Who is Roger de Mortimer?
10. What happens to Llewelyn when he is in the South in Chapter 36, trying to secure the loyalty of the men there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Llewelyn and Ellen's marriage and relationship with Davydd and Elizabeth's marriage and relationship.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss King Edward's character. Does he have any redeeming qualities, or is he pure evil? Does the author do a good job of making him seem human? Does he show any character growth throughout The Reckoning?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of loyalty throughout The Reckoning. Who demonstrates loyalty, and in what situations? Who does not demonstrate loyalty? How does loyalty affect the plot?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)