|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Ellen learn that Edward will actually release her?
2. Llewelyn learns that his brother Rhodri has taken a(n) _________ wife.
3. What castle does Davydd attack to begin the war?
4. When Llewelyn and Edward meet at the tower, when does Edward say he will release Ellen?
5. How long does Llewelyn stay away from home after he and Ellen have their first fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ellen reveal to Amaury about Hugh and Elund?
2. What is significant about the day Davydd decides to lead his attack?
3. How does Abby find Hugh again at the end of the book?
4. How is Ellen able to improve Llewelyn's mood for their wedding day?
5. How does Caitlin tell Hugh her feelings about him, and how does he react?
6. What actions does Edward take in Chapter 22 to gain Llewelyn's trust and demonstrate that he plans to protect Llewelyn as his liege lord?
7. Who is Roger de Mortimer?
8. Describe Llewelyn and Ellen's first meeting at Westminster.
9. How does King Edward punish Davydd?
10. What happens during Ellen's childbirth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ellen's death had a major impact on multiple characters. Discuss how her death affected the following:
• The plot
Essay Topic 2
The theme of betrayal is deeply connected to Davydd throughout The Reckoning. Discuss Davydd's many betrayals. Who has he betrayed and in what ways? How does Devaydd feeling about his betrayals? Has anyone betrayed Davydd?
Essay Topic 3
Determine who the protagonist of this story is, and who or what is the antagonist.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)