|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Llewelyn finally receive regarding the King's decision on Arwystli?
2. What punishment is NOT one that Davydd receives?
3. Who does Hugh seek out in Chapter 33 to inform them of Ellen's death?
4. When Llewelyn and Edward meet at the tower, when does Edward say he will release Ellen?
5. When Llewelyn and Davydd argue about part grievances in Chapter 24, what does Llewelyn think?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Julianna decide to leave in Chapter 33?
2. When Llewelyn and Davydd encounter one another at the Abbey in Chapter 24, what do they discuss?
3. Describe Llewelyn and Ellen's first meeting at Westminster.
4. What is significant about the day Davydd decides to lead his attack?
5. What does Edward do on Llewelyn's wedding day to try and ruin it?
6. What is Edward's plan when he sends John Peckham to Llewelyn in Chapter 34?
7. What does Elizabeth lament to Hugh at the end of the book?
8. What news does Elund surprise everyone with in Chapter 28?
9. How does Edmund talk Edward into truly agreed to seek peace?
10. How is Ellen able to improve Llewelyn's mood for their wedding day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Llewelyn and Ellen's marriage and relationship with Davydd and Elizabeth's marriage and relationship.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Davydd's internal struggle with guilt throughout his life and rivalry with his brother, Llewelyn.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of segregation, excommunication, and discrimination in The Reckoning. Who were the victims of this, and who was supporting or encouraging it?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)