Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is present while Ellen is giving birth?
2. Who helped Abby escape Wales?
3. Why does Ellen avoid Llewelyn in Chapter 24?
4. What does Caitlin do when she sees Hugh flirting with a girl in town in Chapter 29?
5. When Llewelyn and Davydd argue about part grievances in Chapter 24, what does Llewelyn think?
Essay Topic 1
There are many conflicts throughout The Reckoning. Compare and contrast at least three different types of conflict from the list below:
* Man against Man
* Man against Nature
* Man against Himself
* Man against God
* Man against Society
* Man caught in the Middle
* Man & Woman
Essay Topic 2
Ellen and Caitlin both show that they are not confined by the gender role and expectations of their time and class. Compare and contrast these two women and how they broke through gender barriers.
Essay Topic 3
What role does love play in The Reckoning? What actions are made in the name of love? What does love get between? What actions does love cause some characters to make?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)