|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Davydd and his family taken to face King Edward?
2. By Chapter 26, how long has the church been without an appointed Pope?
3. Who helped Abby escape Wales?
4. What punishment is NOT one that Davydd receives?
5. Llewelyn plans to make Roger de Mortimer his ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elizabeth lament to Hugh at the end of the book?
2. What happens between Hugh and Caitlin in Chapters 24 & 25?
3. What is significant about the day Davydd decides to lead his attack?
4. Why does Julianna decide to leave in Chapter 33?
5. What happens to Llewelyn when he is in the South in Chapter 36, trying to secure the loyalty of the men there?
6. How is Ellen able to improve Llewelyn's mood for their wedding day?
7. What does Edward do on Llewelyn's wedding day to try and ruin it?
8. What is offered the second time Edward sends John over to a peace offering, and how is this offering received.
9. How does King Edward punish Davydd?
10. How does Edmund talk Edward into truly agreed to seek peace?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of loyalty throughout The Reckoning. Who demonstrates loyalty, and in what situations? Who does not demonstrate loyalty? How does loyalty affect the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Davydd and Llewelyn's different strategies for a war or rebellion against England. What were the brothers' different reasons for their strategies? Whose made more sense, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Davydd's internal struggle with guilt throughout his life and rivalry with his brother, Llewelyn.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)