|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen finally agree to do with Roger?
2. Ellen explains to Llewelyn that she pretends to be nice to Edward only for ________'s sake.
3. Where are Davydd and his family taken to face King Edward?
4. What do Ellen and Llewelyn decide to name their unborn child?
5. In Chapter 24, for what is Llewelyn having trouble receiving justice from the English courts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elizabeth lament to Hugh at the end of the book?
2. What is offered the second time Edward sends John over to a peace offering, and how is this offering received.
3. What happens between Hugh and Caitlin in Chapters 24 & 25?
4. How is Ellen able to improve Llewelyn's mood for their wedding day?
5. What is significant about the day Davydd decides to lead his attack?
6. What happens during Ellen's childbirth?
7. How does King Edward punish Davydd?
8. How does Caitlin tell Hugh her feelings about him, and how does he react?
9. Who is Roger de Mortimer?
10. As a rebellion between the English and Welsh appears inevitable in Chapter 25, how are Davydd and Llewelyn reacting differently?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Trust is a prominent theme in this story. Discuss three different relationships greatly affected (positively or negatively) by trust in The Reckoning.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the dramatic structure of The Reckoning, identifying the exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, and conclusion.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of betrayal is deeply connected to Davydd throughout The Reckoning. Discuss Davydd's many betrayals. Who has he betrayed and in what ways? How does Devaydd feeling about his betrayals? Has anyone betrayed Davydd?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)