|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new Pope do for Amaury?
2. When Llewelyn and Davydd argue about part grievances in Chapter 24, what does Llewelyn think?
3. Where is a bridge completed in Chapter 34?
4. On which holy day does Davydd lead his attack?
5. How long does Davydd's trial last?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ellen reveal to Amaury about Hugh and Elund?
2. What does Elizabeth lament to Hugh at the end of the book?
3. What happens during Ellen's childbirth?
4. Who is Roger de Mortimer?
5. After Davydd and the men learn of Llewelyn's death, what does Davydd have trouble with?
6. What is significant about the day Davydd decides to lead his attack?
7. How does Abby find Hugh again at the end of the book?
8. What is offered the second time Edward sends John over to a peace offering, and how is this offering received.
9. What happens to Llewelyn when he is in the South in Chapter 36, trying to secure the loyalty of the men there?
10. Why does Julianna decide to leave in Chapter 33?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Llewelyn and Ellen's marriage and relationship with Davydd and Elizabeth's marriage and relationship.
Essay Topic 2
Was justice rightfully served to Davydd and his family at the end of The Reckoning?
Essay Topic 3
Ellen's death had a major impact on multiple characters. Discuss how her death affected the following:
• The plot
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)