|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Llewelyn meet Edward to discuss Rhodri's case?
2. What do Ellen and Llewelyn decide to name their unborn child?
3. What group of people does the English court appear to be discriminating against?
4. What do Edward's men use the bridge for in Chapter 34?
5. How does Llewelyn feel about meeting Edward at the tower to discuss Ellen's release?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ellen reveal to Amaury about Hugh and Elund?
2. When Llewelyn and Davydd encounter one another at the Abbey in Chapter 24, what do they discuss?
3. How does Abby find Hugh again at the end of the book?
4. What happens to Llewelyn when he is in the South in Chapter 36, trying to secure the loyalty of the men there?
5. What is Edward's plan when he sends John Peckham to Llewelyn in Chapter 34?
6. What happens between Hugh and Caitlin in Chapters 24 & 25?
7. What happens during Ellen's childbirth?
8. What does Edward do on Llewelyn's wedding day to try and ruin it?
9. How is Ellen able to improve Llewelyn's mood for their wedding day?
10. Who is Roger de Mortimer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many conflicts throughout The Reckoning. Compare and contrast at least three different types of conflict from the list below:
• Man against Man
• Man against Nature
• Man against Himself
• Man against God
• Man against Society
• Man caught in the Middle
• Man & Woman
Essay Topic 2
Ellen's death had a major impact on multiple characters. Discuss how her death affected the following:
• The plot
Essay Topic 3
What role does forgiveness play in The Reckoning? Is it a theme or a motif?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)