|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does Edward set Llewelyn and Ellen's wedding date?
2. The second time John Peckham comes to Llewelyn, what does he offer Llewelyn?
3. Who does not hold true during the truce of the peace negotiations in Chapter 34?
4. What does John Peckham relay that Edward wants Davydd to join?
5. How soon does Hugh marry the girl he falls in love with at first sight after meeting her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Llewelyn when he is in the South in Chapter 36, trying to secure the loyalty of the men there?
2. What actions does Edward take in Chapter 22 to gain Llewelyn's trust and demonstrate that he plans to protect Llewelyn as his liege lord?
3. What is significant about the day Davydd decides to lead his attack?
4. How does King Edward punish Davydd?
5. What news does Elund surprise everyone with in Chapter 28?
6. What happens to Amaury in Chapter 31?
7. Describe Llewelyn and Ellen's first meeting at Westminster.
8. How is Ellen able to improve Llewelyn's mood for their wedding day?
9. How does Llewelyn spend the day he is away from home because he and Ellen are fighting?
10. What happens between Hugh and Caitlin in Chapters 24 & 25?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Davydd's internal struggle with guilt throughout his life and rivalry with his brother, Llewelyn.
Essay Topic 2
Ellen's death had a major impact on multiple characters. Discuss how her death affected the following:
• The plot
Essay Topic 3
Was justice rightfully served to Davydd and his family at the end of The Reckoning?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)