|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Llewelyn tells his men they must wait to go to war until when?
2. What punishment is NOT one that Davydd receives?
3. What is John Peckam the Archbishop of?
4. How do Llewelyn's men treat Davydd after Llewelyn's death?
5. What word does Llewelyn finally receive regarding the King's decision on Arwystli?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Edmund talk Edward into truly agreed to seek peace?
2. Who is Roger de Mortimer?
3. When Llewelyn and Davydd encounter one another at the Abbey in Chapter 24, what do they discuss?
4. What is significant about the day Davydd decides to lead his attack?
5. After Davydd and the men learn of Llewelyn's death, what does Davydd have trouble with?
6. What does Edward do on Llewelyn's wedding day to try and ruin it?
7. What is offered the second time Edward sends John over to a peace offering, and how is this offering received.
8. What happens between Hugh and Caitlin in Chapters 24 & 25?
9. How does King Edward punish Davydd?
10. What is Edward's plan when he sends John Peckham to Llewelyn in Chapter 34?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Was justice rightfully served to Davydd and his family at the end of The Reckoning?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of segregation, excommunication, and discrimination in The Reckoning. Who were the victims of this, and who was supporting or encouraging it?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss King Edward's character. Does he have any redeeming qualities, or is he pure evil? Does the author do a good job of making him seem human? Does he show any character growth throughout The Reckoning?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)