|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is present while Ellen is giving birth?
2. Llewelyn tells his men they must wait to go to war until when?
3. What does Ellen die of?
4. What group of people does the English court appear to be discriminating against?
5. What castle does Davydd attack to begin the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Hugh and Caitlin in Chapters 24 & 25?
2. What does Ellen reveal to Amaury about Hugh and Elund?
3. What happens to Amaury in Chapter 31?
4. Who is Roger de Mortimer?
5. How is Ellen able to improve Llewelyn's mood for their wedding day?
6. What does Edward do on Llewelyn's wedding day to try and ruin it?
7. What is significant about the day Davydd decides to lead his attack?
8. When Llewelyn and Davydd encounter one another at the Abbey in Chapter 24, what do they discuss?
9. What is Edward's plan when he sends John Peckham to Llewelyn in Chapter 34?
10. How does Edmund talk Edward into truly agreed to seek peace?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many conflicts throughout The Reckoning. Compare and contrast at least three different types of conflict from the list below:
• Man against Man
• Man against Nature
• Man against Himself
• Man against God
• Man against Society
• Man caught in the Middle
• Man & Woman
Essay Topic 2
Was justice rightfully served to Davydd and his family at the end of The Reckoning?
Essay Topic 3
Identify and discuss the genre of The Reckoning, being sure to supply details from the book that demonstrate how it qualifies for the genre and sub genre (if applicable) you assign it. Also discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this genre.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)