|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elund announce in Chapter 28?
2. Llewelyn tells his men they must wait to go to war until when?
3. What goes wrong during Ellen's delivery of her baby?
4. Why does Edward reluctantly agree to make peace with Wales?
5. What causes Edward and Edmund to argue about the war in Chapter 34?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caitlin tell Hugh her feelings about him, and how does he react?
2. What is Edward's plan when he sends John Peckham to Llewelyn in Chapter 34?
3. Describe Llewelyn and Ellen's first meeting at Westminster.
4. Why does Julianna decide to leave in Chapter 33?
5. What news does Elund surprise everyone with in Chapter 28?
6. How does King Edward punish Davydd?
7. What is significant about the day Davydd decides to lead his attack?
8. As a rebellion between the English and Welsh appears inevitable in Chapter 25, how are Davydd and Llewelyn reacting differently?
9. What does Ellen reveal to Amaury about Hugh and Elund?
10. When Llewelyn and Davydd encounter one another at the Abbey in Chapter 24, what do they discuss?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hugh appears throughout The Reckoning in many different situations, building different relationships with many different characters. Please discuss Hugh's role in The Reckoning. What does his presence add to the plot? Why does the author include him?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss King Edward's character. Does he have any redeeming qualities, or is he pure evil? Does the author do a good job of making him seem human? Does he show any character growth throughout The Reckoning?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of segregation, excommunication, and discrimination in The Reckoning. Who were the victims of this, and who was supporting or encouraging it?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)