|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Llewelyn tells his men they must wait to go to war until when?
2. Who does Hugh seek out in Chapter 33 to inform them of Ellen's death?
3. How far away is King Edward when Davydd attacks a castle to start the war?
4. How long does Llewelyn stay away from home after he and Ellen have their first fight?
5. What goes wrong during Ellen's delivery of her baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Roger de Mortimer?
2. What happens to Llewelyn when he is in the South in Chapter 36, trying to secure the loyalty of the men there?
3. What news does Elund surprise everyone with in Chapter 28?
4. Why does Julianna decide to leave in Chapter 33?
5. How does Edmund talk Edward into truly agreed to seek peace?
6. What happens to Amaury in Chapter 31?
7. What does Elizabeth lament to Hugh at the end of the book?
8. What happens between Hugh and Caitlin in Chapters 24 & 25?
9. What does Edward do on Llewelyn's wedding day to try and ruin it?
10. What is significant about the day Davydd decides to lead his attack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's extensive use of foreshadowing throughout The Reckoning. Where is it used? Is it used effectively? It is recognizable in the moment, or only in hindsight?
Essay Topic 2
Identify and discuss the genre of The Reckoning, being sure to supply details from the book that demonstrate how it qualifies for the genre and sub genre (if applicable) you assign it. Also discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this genre.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of betrayal is deeply connected to Davydd throughout The Reckoning. Discuss Davydd's many betrayals. Who has he betrayed and in what ways? How does Devaydd feeling about his betrayals? Has anyone betrayed Davydd?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)