|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Hugh and Caitlin in Chapter 24?
2. What does the charter that Edward surprises Llewelyn with on his wedding say prevent Llewelyn from doing?
3. What does Ellen die of?
4. What causes Edward and Edmund to argue about the war in Chapter 34?
5. What does Elund announce in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. What actions does Edward take in Chapter 22 to gain Llewelyn's trust and demonstrate that he plans to protect Llewelyn as his liege lord?
2. How does Edmund talk Edward into truly agreed to seek peace?
3. What happens during Ellen's childbirth?
4. What news does Elund surprise everyone with in Chapter 28?
5. Describe Llewelyn and Ellen's first meeting at Westminster.
6. What happens to Amaury in Chapter 31?
7. How is Ellen able to improve Llewelyn's mood for their wedding day?
8. When Llewelyn and Davydd encounter one another at the Abbey in Chapter 24, what do they discuss?
9. How does Caitlin tell Hugh her feelings about him, and how does he react?
10. What does Edward do on Llewelyn's wedding day to try and ruin it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Davydd and Llewelyn's different strategies for a war or rebellion against England. What were the brothers' different reasons for their strategies? Whose made more sense, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Llewleyn and Davydd take very different approaches to nearly everything. They both consider themselves a leader. Compare and contrast Llewelyn and Davydd's leadership tactics and successes or failures.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's extensive use of foreshadowing throughout The Reckoning. Where is it used? Is it used effectively? It is recognizable in the moment, or only in hindsight?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)