|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Llewelyn's hunters injure a stag and it moves onto English territory, how do the English react?
2. How do Llewelyn's men treat Davydd after Llewelyn's death?
3. Llewelyn plans to make Roger de Mortimer his ________.
4. What news does Caitlin bring Hugh when she shows up in disguise?
5. Where are Davydd and his family taken to face King Edward?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Llewelyn and Ellen's first meeting at Westminster.
2. What news does Elund surprise everyone with in Chapter 28?
3. What happens to Amaury in Chapter 31?
4. How does Edmund talk Edward into truly agreed to seek peace?
5. What happens between Hugh and Caitlin in Chapters 24 & 25?
6. How does Llewelyn spend the day he is away from home because he and Ellen are fighting?
7. What does Elizabeth lament to Hugh at the end of the book?
8. Who is Roger de Mortimer?
9. What happens during Ellen's childbirth?
10. What is Edward's plan when he sends John Peckham to Llewelyn in Chapter 34?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many conflicts throughout The Reckoning. Compare and contrast at least three different types of conflict from the list below:
• Man against Man
• Man against Nature
• Man against Himself
• Man against God
• Man against Society
• Man caught in the Middle
• Man & Woman
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of loyalty throughout The Reckoning. Who demonstrates loyalty, and in what situations? Who does not demonstrate loyalty? How does loyalty affect the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Trust is a prominent theme in this story. Discuss three different relationships greatly affected (positively or negatively) by trust in The Reckoning.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)