|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ellen explains to Llewelyn that she pretends to be nice to Edward only for ________'s sake.
2. Who does Hugh seek out in Chapter 33 to inform them of Ellen's death?
3. Where will Elizabeth's sons live out the rest of their lives?
4. Who are Davydd and his family traveling to see in Chapter 25?
5. What does Caitlin come to Hugh disguised as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elizabeth lament to Hugh at the end of the book?
2. After Davydd and the men learn of Llewelyn's death, what does Davydd have trouble with?
3. What happens to Llewelyn when he is in the South in Chapter 36, trying to secure the loyalty of the men there?
4. How does King Edward punish Davydd?
5. How does Edmund talk Edward into truly agreed to seek peace?
6. What is Edward's plan when he sends John Peckham to Llewelyn in Chapter 34?
7. What is significant about the day Davydd decides to lead his attack?
8. What happens between Hugh and Caitlin in Chapters 24 & 25?
9. How does Llewelyn spend the day he is away from home because he and Ellen are fighting?
10. What news does Elund surprise everyone with in Chapter 28?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's extensive use of foreshadowing throughout The Reckoning. Where is it used? Is it used effectively? It is recognizable in the moment, or only in hindsight?
Essay Topic 2
Trust is a prominent theme in this story. Discuss three different relationships greatly affected (positively or negatively) by trust in The Reckoning.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of betrayal is deeply connected to Davydd throughout The Reckoning. Discuss Davydd's many betrayals. Who has he betrayed and in what ways? How does Devaydd feeling about his betrayals? Has anyone betrayed Davydd?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)