|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many witnesses does Llewelyn have against Davydd in the murder plot?
2. In Chapter 6, where is the messenger from who comes to see Edward?
3. How does Hugh earn Brian's trust and friendship?
4. Who brings Nell news of Hal's murder at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What is a liege lord's duty?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ellen stand up to the lead pirate, Thomas?
2. What does Nell express regrets about, and what does she want done before she dies?
3. Why is Davydd not completely trusted?
4. Who is Arwenna, and what happens to her in Chapter 7?
5. Why are Guy and Bran now outlaws?
6. When Llewelyn finally surrenders, what does he lose? Does he get to keep anything?
7. What happens after Bran leaves Guy in Chapter 5?
8. How do Davydd and Ellen end up meeting?
9. Who are the three crew members allowed to live in Chapter 13, and what happens to them?
10. How is a messenger able to wound Edward in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Davydd's internal struggle with guilt throughout his life and rivalry with his brother, Llewelyn.
Essay Topic 2
There are many conflicts throughout The Reckoning. Compare and contrast at least three different types of conflict from the list below:
• Man against Man
• Man against Nature
• Man against Himself
• Man against God
• Man against Society
• Man caught in the Middle
• Man & Woman
Essay Topic 3
Identify and discuss the genre of The Reckoning, being sure to supply details from the book that demonstrate how it qualifies for the genre and sub genre (if applicable) you assign it. Also discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this genre.
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)