|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What duty is King Edward breaching in Chapter 11?
2. What surprised does Ellen find out in Chapter 11?
3. What do Llewelyn and his brother fight over?
4. In Chapter 17, the King marvels at Davydd's ability to do what?
5. What is Llewelyn ap Gruffydd's title?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ellen realize in Chapter 13 that her role is between the feuding brothers?
2. How does Llewelyn end up preparing for war in Chapter 11?
3. What does Llewelyn do in Chapter 11 when he realizes he desperately need a heir?
4. Who is Arwenna, and what happens to her in Chapter 7?
5. What is unique about Nell de Montfort's living arrangement?
6. Who is Hugh de Whitton, and what is his role in the first chapter of the book?
7. How is Hugh rewarded for his loyalty to Bran and Bran's family in Chapter 5?
8. Describe Ellen's travels in Chapter 12 to meet her husband.
9. How does Ellen stand up to the lead pirate, Thomas?
10. What significance does London serve in Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss King Edward's character. Does he have any redeeming qualities, or is he pure evil? Does the author do a good job of making him seem human? Does he show any character growth throughout The Reckoning?
Essay Topic 2
Hugh appears throughout The Reckoning in many different situations, building different relationships with many different characters. Please discuss Hugh's role in The Reckoning. What does his presence add to the plot? Why does the author include him?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Davydd and Llewelyn's different strategies for a war or rebellion against England. What were the brothers' different reasons for their strategies? Whose made more sense, and why?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)