Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of lord in King Edward?
2. How does Ellen initially respond to the question Davydd asks her upon their first meeting?
3. How does Tertian fever affect people?
4. Who does Tudor get a confession from in Chapter 10 about who was involved in the murder plot?
5. What city in Italy do Edmund and Edward meet in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is offered the second time Edward sends John over to a peace offering, and how is this offering received.
2. How does Ellen stand up to the lead pirate, Thomas?
3. How does King Edward punish Davydd?
4. What actions does Edward take in Chapter 22 to gain Llewelyn's trust and demonstrate that he plans to protect Llewelyn as his liege lord?
5. How is Ellen able to improve Llewelyn's mood for their wedding day?
6. What situations has the tension between Llewelyn and his brothers led to for some of the brothers?
7. What news does Elund surprise everyone with in Chapter 28?
8. Why does Julianna decide to leave in Chapter 33?
9. How does Edmund talk Edward into truly agreed to seek peace?
10. How does Abby find Hugh again at the end of the book?
Discuss the author's extensive use of foreshadowing throughout The Reckoning. Where is it used? Is it used effectively? It is recognizable in the moment, or only in hindsight?
Discuss the dramatic structure of The Reckoning, identifying the exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, and conclusion.
Compare and contrast Davydd and Llewelyn's different strategies for a war or rebellion against England. What were the brothers' different reasons for their strategies? Whose made more sense, and why?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)