|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing Llewelyn is allowed to keep after surrendering?
2. Where does the King tell Hugh in Chapter 15 that he will be imprisoned?
3. What is the one thing Edward does NOT grant when Nell requests his help in Chapter 8?
4. How long after Llewelyn contacts Nell in Chapter 11 does she die?
5. Who is Bran traveling to speak with when he dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prisoner does Llewelyn speak with in Chapter 18, and why is that prisoner significant?
2. How is the Abby symbolic in Chapter 18 of the end of something?
3. As a rebellion between the English and Welsh appears inevitable in Chapter 25, how are Davydd and Llewelyn reacting differently?
4. What happens during Ellen's childbirth?
5. Describe Llewelyn and Ellen's first meeting at Westminster.
6. What does Ellen reveal to Amaury about Hugh and Elund?
7. How does Caitlin tell Hugh her feelings about him, and how does he react?
8. What does Edward do on Llewelyn's wedding day to try and ruin it?
9. What is significant about the day Davydd decides to lead his attack?
10. Describe Davydd's murder plot, and why it does not work.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify and discuss the genre of The Reckoning, being sure to supply details from the book that demonstrate how it qualifies for the genre and sub genre (if applicable) you assign it. Also discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this genre.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Llewelyn and Ellen's marriage and relationship with Davydd and Elizabeth's marriage and relationship.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of loyalty throughout The Reckoning. Who demonstrates loyalty, and in what situations? Who does not demonstrate loyalty? How does loyalty affect the plot?
This section contains 1,323 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)