|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of people has Edward segregated?
2. Who is the youngest de Montfort brother?
3. How many of the knights aboard Ellen's cog are killed in Chapter 13?
4. How does Davydd feel about the land Edward rewards him with in Chapter 19?
5. In Chapter 6, where is the messenger from who comes to see Edward?
Short Essay Questions
1. With what actions does Llewelyn respond in hearing the murder plot against him?
2. What does Ellen want to sway Edward to do, and how is she advised to convince him?
3. Describe Davydd's murder plot, and why it does not work.
4. Who is Hugh de Whitton, and what is his role in the first chapter of the book?
5. How does Davydd defend himself to Llewelyn regarding the murder plot when they meet privately?
6. Who is Arwenna, and what happens to her in Chapter 7?
7. Describe the battle that the occurred five years prior to the beginning of the novel.
8. Why is Davydd not completely trusted?
9. Describe Ellen's travels in Chapter 12 to meet her husband.
10. What is Amaury's connection to the de Montfort brothers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does forgiveness play in The Reckoning? Is it a theme or a motif?
Essay Topic 2
Ellen's death had a major impact on multiple characters. Discuss how her death affected the following:
• The plot
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Llewelyn and Ellen's marriage and relationship with Davydd and Elizabeth's marriage and relationship.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)