|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Owain been for 15 years?
2. Who is the youngest de Montfort brother?
3. What is the only thing Llewelyn is allowed to keep after surrendering?
4. What body of water does Ellen sail across to meet Llewelyn?
5. What is the name of the cog Ellen sails on to meet Llewelyn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the three crew members allowed to live in Chapter 13, and what happens to them?
2. What does Nell express regrets about, and what does she want done before she dies?
3. Describe Davydd's murder plot, and why it does not work.
4. How does Hugh show great loyalty to Ellen in Chapter 15?
5. How is Hugh rewarded for his loyalty to Bran and Bran's family in Chapter 5?
6. Describe the situation created for the Jews by Edward.
7. How does Llewelyn end up preparing for war in Chapter 11?
8. What does Ellen realize in Chapter 13 that her role is between the feuding brothers?
9. What significance does London serve in Chapter 20?
10. How and why does Hugh gain Brian's trust?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of loyalty throughout The Reckoning. Who demonstrates loyalty, and in what situations? Who does not demonstrate loyalty? How does loyalty affect the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Davydd's internal struggle with guilt throughout his life and rivalry with his brother, Llewelyn.
Essay Topic 3
Determine who the protagonist of this story is, and who or what is the antagonist.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)