|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hugh live in Chapter 1?
2. Who does Davydd plan to murder in Chapter 9?
3. Where does Hugh volunteer to lead the wounded individual he comes across in Chapter 1?
4. What happens if Llewelyn were to agree to do homage to King Edward?
5. Where does Nell travel to in Chapter 8 to request help from King Edward?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Llewelyn do in Chapter 11 when he realizes he desperately need a heir?
2. How does Hugh compare himself to the King in Chapter 15, and what is the outcome?
3. What is Amaury's connection to the de Montfort brothers?
4. What happens after Bran leaves Guy in Chapter 5?
5. Describe Davydd's murder plot, and why it does not work.
6. How does Hugh show great loyalty to Ellen in Chapter 15?
7. How does Davydd defend himself to Llewelyn regarding the murder plot when they meet privately?
8. How does Ellen stand up to the lead pirate, Thomas?
9. How and why does Hugh gain Brian's trust?
10. What does Nell express regrets about, and what does she want done before she dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ellen's death had a major impact on multiple characters. Discuss how her death affected the following:
• The plot
Essay Topic 2
Determine who the protagonist of this story is, and who or what is the antagonist.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the dramatic structure of The Reckoning, identifying the exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, and conclusion.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)