|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Edmund Plantagenet is the ________ of Leicester and Lancaster.
2. Hugh is rewarded for his loyalty by being assigned as __________ guard.
3. How is Bran related to Simon?
4. Who does Davydd plan to murder in Chapter 9?
5. Why does Davydd single Ellen out initially to ask a question in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is a messenger able to wound Edward in Chapter 6?
2. What does Nell express regrets about, and what does she want done before she dies?
3. What does Llewelyn do in Chapter 11 when he realizes he desperately need a heir?
4. How and why does Hugh gain Brian's trust?
5. How and why does Davydd get married?
6. How do Davydd and Ellen end up meeting?
7. Why is Davydd not completely trusted?
8. What situations has the tension between Llewelyn and his brothers led to for some of the brothers?
9. How does Edward, as the new King of England, respond to Nell's request for help?
10. How does Davydd defend himself to Llewelyn regarding the murder plot when they meet privately?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ellen and Caitlin both show that they are not confined by the gender role and expectations of their time and class. Compare and contrast these two women and how they broke through gender barriers.
Essay Topic 2
Ellen's death had a major impact on multiple characters. Discuss how her death affected the following:
• The plot
Essay Topic 3
What role does forgiveness play in The Reckoning? Is it a theme or a motif?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)