|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stabs Edward in Chapter 6?
2. Edward rewards Davydd with one half of Gwynedd to be divided between Davydd and ________.
3. What does Brian suggest to Hugh to get the money he needs in Chapter 14?
4. What genre is this book?
5. Who does Tudor get a confession from in Chapter 10 about who was involved in the murder plot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does being injured in Chapter 6 end up making Edward even stronger?
2. Who is Arwenna, and what happens to her in Chapter 7?
3. How does Llewelyn end up preparing for war in Chapter 11?
4. Why is Davydd not completely trusted?
5. Why are Guy and Bran now outlaws?
6. How does Ellen stand up to the lead pirate, Thomas?
7. How and why does Hugh gain Brian's trust?
8. How and why does Davydd get married?
9. How is a messenger able to wound Edward in Chapter 6?
10. How does Hugh compare himself to the King in Chapter 15, and what is the outcome?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the dramatic structure of The Reckoning, identifying the exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, and conclusion.
Essay Topic 2
Determine who the protagonist of this story is, and who or what is the antagonist.
Essay Topic 3
There are many conflicts throughout The Reckoning. Compare and contrast at least three different types of conflict from the list below:
• Man against Man
• Man against Nature
• Man against Himself
• Man against God
• Man against Society
• Man caught in the Middle
• Man & Woman
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)