|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, the King marvels at Davydd's ability to do what?
2. Where does Nell travel to in Chapter 8 to request help from King Edward?
3. Where has Owain been for 15 years?
4. Edward rewards Davydd with one half of Gwynedd to be divided between Davydd and ________.
5. In what castle does King Edward want Llewelyn to swear homage in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Amaury's connection to the de Montfort brothers?
2. How does Davydd defend himself to Llewelyn regarding the murder plot when they meet privately?
3. Describe Ellen's travels in Chapter 12 to meet her husband.
4. What happens after Bran leaves Guy in Chapter 5?
5. How and why does Davydd get married?
6. With what actions does Llewelyn respond in hearing the murder plot against him?
7. Why is Davydd not completely trusted?
8. Why does being injured in Chapter 6 end up making Edward even stronger?
9. When Llewelyn finally surrenders, what does he lose? Does he get to keep anything?
10. How is Hugh rewarded for his loyalty to Bran and Bran's family in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many conflicts throughout The Reckoning. Compare and contrast at least three different types of conflict from the list below:
• Man against Man
• Man against Nature
• Man against Himself
• Man against God
• Man against Society
• Man caught in the Middle
• Man & Woman
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Llewelyn and Ellen's marriage and relationship with Davydd and Elizabeth's marriage and relationship.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of loyalty throughout The Reckoning. Who demonstrates loyalty, and in what situations? Who does not demonstrate loyalty? How does loyalty affect the plot?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)