|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was built in Powys territory, which angered the Powys lords and England?
2. What does Hugh need to purchase in Chapter 14, but does not have the money?
3. Edmund Plantagenet is the ________ of Leicester and Lancaster.
4. What type of lord in King Edward?
5. How does Ellen initially respond to the question Davydd asks her upon their first meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Davydd not completely trusted?
2. What is Amaury's prison experience like in Chapter 15?
3. What happens between Hugh and Caitlin in Chapters 24 & 25?
4. Why does Julianna decide to leave in Chapter 33?
5. Describe Davydd's murder plot, and why it does not work.
6. Who is Roger de Mortimer?
7. What does Nell express regrets about, and what does she want done before she dies?
8. What happens after Bran leaves Guy in Chapter 5?
9. Why does being injured in Chapter 6 end up making Edward even stronger?
10. Who are the three crew members allowed to live in Chapter 13, and what happens to them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Llewleyn and Davydd take very different approaches to nearly everything. They both consider themselves a leader. Compare and contrast Llewelyn and Davydd's leadership tactics and successes or failures.
Essay Topic 2
Ellen and Caitlin both show that they are not confined by the gender role and expectations of their time and class. Compare and contrast these two women and how they broke through gender barriers.
Essay Topic 3
Determine who the protagonist of this story is, and who or what is the antagonist.
This section contains 1,303 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)