|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Edward stabbed with in Chapter 6?
2. What battle occurred five years prior to the beginning of the novel?
3. Edward rewards Davydd with one half of Gwynedd to be divided between Davydd and ________.
4. How long does Davydd remind Llewelyn that he served on his counsel and was welcomed in his court without a falling out?
5. What inhibits the murder plot in Chapter 9 from actually happening?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ellen stand up to the lead pirate, Thomas?
2. How is Hugh rewarded for his loyalty to Bran and Bran's family in Chapter 5?
3. Describe Ellen's travels in Chapter 12 to meet her husband.
4. How is a messenger able to wound Edward in Chapter 6?
5. What significance does London serve in Chapter 20?
6. With what actions does Llewelyn respond in hearing the murder plot against him?
7. Why is Davydd not completely trusted?
8. How does Davydd defend himself to Llewelyn regarding the murder plot when they meet privately?
9. Why are Guy and Bran now outlaws?
10. Why does being injured in Chapter 6 end up making Edward even stronger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of loyalty throughout The Reckoning. Who demonstrates loyalty, and in what situations? Who does not demonstrate loyalty? How does loyalty affect the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss King Edward's character. Does he have any redeeming qualities, or is he pure evil? Does the author do a good job of making him seem human? Does he show any character growth throughout The Reckoning?
Essay Topic 3
Was justice rightfully served to Davydd and his family at the end of The Reckoning?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)