|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Davydd remind Llewelyn that he served on his counsel and was welcomed in his court without a falling out?
2. Where does Nell travel to in Chapter 8 to request help from King Edward?
3. How do the prison guards treat Amaury in Chapter 15?
4. What request does Llewelyn send Nell in Chapter 11?
5. What body of water does Ellen sail across to meet Llewelyn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the battle that the occurred five years prior to the beginning of the novel.
2. What does Ellen realize in Chapter 13 that her role is between the feuding brothers?
3. How is Hugh rewarded for his loyalty to Bran and Bran's family in Chapter 5?
4. With what actions does Llewelyn respond in hearing the murder plot against him?
5. What significance does London serve in Chapter 20?
6. Who is Arwenna, and what happens to her in Chapter 7?
7. How does Ellen stand up to the lead pirate, Thomas?
8. Describe the situation created for the Jews by Edward.
9. What does Ellen want to sway Edward to do, and how is she advised to convince him?
10. How does Hugh show great loyalty to Ellen in Chapter 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of betrayal is deeply connected to Davydd throughout The Reckoning. Discuss Davydd's many betrayals. Who has he betrayed and in what ways? How does Devaydd feeling about his betrayals? Has anyone betrayed Davydd?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of loyalty throughout The Reckoning. Who demonstrates loyalty, and in what situations? Who does not demonstrate loyalty? How does loyalty affect the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What role does love play in The Reckoning? What actions are made in the name of love? What does love get between? What actions does love cause some characters to make?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)