|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing Llewelyn is allowed to keep after surrendering?
2. Who is Elizabeth de Ferrers?
3. What happens if Llewelyn were to agree to do homage to King Edward?
4. Why does Ellen's cog decide to sail in winter?
5. How does Tertian fever affect people?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Llewelyn end up preparing for war in Chapter 11?
2. How and why does Davydd get married?
3. How is the Abby symbolic in Chapter 18 of the end of something?
4. Describe the situation created for the Jews by Edward.
5. How does Hugh show great loyalty to Ellen in Chapter 15?
6. How and why does Hugh gain Brian's trust?
7. Why is Davydd not completely trusted?
8. What does Llewelyn do in Chapter 11 when he realizes he desperately need a heir?
9. What does Ellen want to sway Edward to do, and how is she advised to convince him?
10. What situations has the tension between Llewelyn and his brothers led to for some of the brothers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss King Edward's character. Does he have any redeeming qualities, or is he pure evil? Does the author do a good job of making him seem human? Does he show any character growth throughout The Reckoning?
Essay Topic 2
Ellen's death had a major impact on multiple characters. Discuss how her death affected the following:
• The plot
Essay Topic 3
Ellen and Caitlin both show that they are not confined by the gender role and expectations of their time and class. Compare and contrast these two women and how they broke through gender barriers.
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)