|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen threaten Thomas with in Chapter 13?
2. What castle is Amaury taken to and put in prison?
3. What does Hugh disguise himself as in order to find out more information about Ellen's situation in Chapter 15?
4. What duty is King Edward breaching in Chapter 11?
5. Who does Hugh smuggle letters from to Ellen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Amaury's prison experience like in Chapter 15?
2. How does Edward, as the new King of England, respond to Nell's request for help?
3. Who is Hugh de Whitton, and what is his role in the first chapter of the book?
4. How is the Abby symbolic in Chapter 18 of the end of something?
5. What does Llewelyn do in Chapter 11 when he realizes he desperately need a heir?
6. How does Ellen stand up to the lead pirate, Thomas?
7. When a confession is given, clearly connecting Davydd to the murder plot, how do Davydd and Llewelyn both react?
8. How and why does Hugh gain Brian's trust?
9. Why is Davydd not completely trusted?
10. What significance does London serve in Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss King Edward's character. Does he have any redeeming qualities, or is he pure evil? Does the author do a good job of making him seem human? Does he show any character growth throughout The Reckoning?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of segregation, excommunication, and discrimination in The Reckoning. Who were the victims of this, and who was supporting or encouraging it?
Essay Topic 3
Identify and discuss the genre of The Reckoning, being sure to supply details from the book that demonstrate how it qualifies for the genre and sub genre (if applicable) you assign it. Also discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this genre.
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)