Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the knights aboard Ellen's cog are killed in Chapter 13?
2. What does Edward interpret that God wants him to do?
3. What time period does the book cover?
4. What castle is Ellen taken to at the end of Chapter 13?
5. What duty is King Edward breaching in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ellen reveal to Amaury about Hugh and Elund?
2. What happens to Llewelyn when he is in the South in Chapter 36, trying to secure the loyalty of the men there?
3. Why are Guy and Bran now outlaws?
4. Why does Julianna decide to leave in Chapter 33?
5. When a confession is given, clearly connecting Davydd to the murder plot, how do Davydd and Llewelyn both react?
6. How and why does Hugh gain Brian's trust?
7. How does Llewelyn end up preparing for war in Chapter 11?
8. How does Hugh show great loyalty to Ellen in Chapter 15?
9. After Davydd and the men learn of Llewelyn's death, what does Davydd have trouble with?
10. How is Ellen able to improve Llewelyn's mood for their wedding day?
Ellen and Caitlin both show that they are not confined by the gender role and expectations of their time and class. Compare and contrast these two women and how they broke through gender barriers.
Was justice rightfully served to Davydd and his family at the end of The Reckoning?
The theme of betrayal is deeply connected to Davydd throughout The Reckoning. Discuss Davydd's many betrayals. Who has he betrayed and in what ways? How does Devaydd feeling about his betrayals? Has anyone betrayed Davydd?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)