|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who loans Hugh money in Chapter 14?
2. How old is Hugh de Whitton in Chapter 1?
3. What is the name of the cog Ellen sails on to meet Llewelyn?
4. Who is the youngest de Montfort brother?
5. What is Amaury's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nell express regrets about, and what does she want done before she dies?
2. Why does being injured in Chapter 6 end up making Edward even stronger?
3. How do Davydd and Ellen end up meeting?
4. How does Edward, as the new King of England, respond to Nell's request for help?
5. With what actions does Llewelyn respond in hearing the murder plot against him?
6. How does Hugh show great loyalty to Ellen in Chapter 15?
7. What does Ellen realize in Chapter 13 that her role is between the feuding brothers?
8. Why is Davydd not completely trusted?
9. What does Ellen want to sway Edward to do, and how is she advised to convince him?
10. How is Hugh rewarded for his loyalty to Bran and Bran's family in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Davydd's internal struggle with guilt throughout his life and rivalry with his brother, Llewelyn.
Essay Topic 2
Trust is a prominent theme in this story. Discuss three different relationships greatly affected (positively or negatively) by trust in The Reckoning.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss King Edward's character. Does he have any redeeming qualities, or is he pure evil? Does the author do a good job of making him seem human? Does he show any character growth throughout The Reckoning?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)