|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tudor get a confession from in Chapter 10 about who was involved in the murder plot?
2. In Chapter 14, Edward _____________ the debts of Christians.
3. What does Ellen threaten Thomas with in Chapter 13?
4. What does Hugh disguise himself as in order to find out more information about Ellen's situation in Chapter 15?
5. What fatal condition does Nell suffer from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Edward, as the new King of England, respond to Nell's request for help?
2. How does Llewelyn end up preparing for war in Chapter 11?
3. What situations has the tension between Llewelyn and his brothers led to for some of the brothers?
4. How is Hugh rewarded for his loyalty to Bran and Bran's family in Chapter 5?
5. What is Amaury's prison experience like in Chapter 15?
6. What does Ellen want to sway Edward to do, and how is she advised to convince him?
7. Who is Hugh de Whitton, and what is his role in the first chapter of the book?
8. When a confession is given, clearly connecting Davydd to the murder plot, how do Davydd and Llewelyn both react?
9. What is unique about Nell de Montfort's living arrangement?
10. How does Hugh show great loyalty to Ellen in Chapter 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Llewleyn and Davydd take very different approaches to nearly everything. They both consider themselves a leader. Compare and contrast Llewelyn and Davydd's leadership tactics and successes or failures.
Essay Topic 2
What role does forgiveness play in The Reckoning? Is it a theme or a motif?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of betrayal is deeply connected to Davydd throughout The Reckoning. Discuss Davydd's many betrayals. Who has he betrayed and in what ways? How does Devaydd feeling about his betrayals? Has anyone betrayed Davydd?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)