|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Simon win a large victory and capture King Henry?
2. In Chapter 18, Llewelyn still has hope that they can win the war, but he concedes that he fears God might be ________.
3. What is Llewelyn ap Gruffydd's title?
4. Who assists Davydd in his murder plot in Chapter 9?
5. Nell tells Amaury that she cannot die without securing _________ for Ellen.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ellen want to sway Edward to do, and how is she advised to convince him?
2. Describe the battle that the occurred five years prior to the beginning of the novel.
3. Why does being injured in Chapter 6 end up making Edward even stronger?
4. How do Davydd and Ellen end up meeting?
5. What is unique about Nell de Montfort's living arrangement?
6. Describe Davydd's murder plot, and why it does not work.
7. What does Nell express regrets about, and what does she want done before she dies?
8. Describe the situation created for the Jews by Edward.
9. What does Llewelyn do in Chapter 11 when he realizes he desperately need a heir?
10. How does Edward, as the new King of England, respond to Nell's request for help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss King Edward's character. Does he have any redeeming qualities, or is he pure evil? Does the author do a good job of making him seem human? Does he show any character growth throughout The Reckoning?
Essay Topic 2
Determine who the protagonist of this story is, and who or what is the antagonist.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of segregation, excommunication, and discrimination in The Reckoning. Who were the victims of this, and who was supporting or encouraging it?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)