|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing in Amaury's prison cell?
2. Who loans Hugh money in Chapter 14?
3. What is the only thing Llewelyn is allowed to keep after surrendering?
4. Owen de la Pole is Gruffydd's ___________.
5. Why does Llewelyn make a sudden request of Nell in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. As a rebellion between the English and Welsh appears inevitable in Chapter 25, how are Davydd and Llewelyn reacting differently?
2. Who is Roger de Mortimer?
3. How does Hugh compare himself to the King in Chapter 15, and what is the outcome?
4. What situations has the tension between Llewelyn and his brothers led to for some of the brothers?
5. How is Hugh rewarded for his loyalty to Bran and Bran's family in Chapter 5?
6. What does Elizabeth lament to Hugh at the end of the book?
7. What does Llewelyn do in Chapter 11 when he realizes he desperately need a heir?
8. How does King Edward punish Davydd?
9. Who are the three crew members allowed to live in Chapter 13, and what happens to them?
10. Why does Julianna decide to leave in Chapter 33?
Essay Topic 1
Trust is a prominent theme in this story. Discuss three different relationships greatly affected (positively or negatively) by trust in The Reckoning.
Essay Topic 2
There are many conflicts throughout The Reckoning. Compare and contrast at least three different types of conflict from the list below:
• Man against Man
• Man against Nature
• Man against Himself
• Man against God
• Man against Society
• Man caught in the Middle
• Man & Woman
Essay Topic 3
Llewleyn and Davydd take very different approaches to nearly everything. They both consider themselves a leader. Compare and contrast Llewelyn and Davydd's leadership tactics and successes or failures.
This section contains 1,322 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)