|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edward outlaw, which was a certain group of people's only source of income?
2. Which two characters are known as outlaws for murdering a cousin?
3. Who do Hugh and Hugh de Whitton encounter, wounded, in Chapter 1?
4. What is Amaury's profession?
5. Who is the youngest de Montfort brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ellen's travels in Chapter 12 to meet her husband.
2. When Llewelyn finally surrenders, what does he lose? Does he get to keep anything?
3. What is significant about the day Davydd decides to lead his attack?
4. How does Llewelyn end up preparing for war in Chapter 11?
5. What does Ellen realize in Chapter 13 that her role is between the feuding brothers?
6. How does Ellen stand up to the lead pirate, Thomas?
7. Describe the situation created for the Jews by Edward.
8. What news does Elund surprise everyone with in Chapter 28?
9. After Davydd and the men learn of Llewelyn's death, what does Davydd have trouble with?
10. Describe Llewelyn and Ellen's first meeting at Westminster.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hugh appears throughout The Reckoning in many different situations, building different relationships with many different characters. Please discuss Hugh's role in The Reckoning. What does his presence add to the plot? Why does the author include him?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of segregation, excommunication, and discrimination in The Reckoning. Who were the victims of this, and who was supporting or encouraging it?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of loyalty throughout The Reckoning. Who demonstrates loyalty, and in what situations? Who does not demonstrate loyalty? How does loyalty affect the plot?
This section contains 1,254 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)