|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing Llewelyn is allowed to keep after surrendering?
2. Once Davydd realizes his mistake upon meeting Ellen, what does he do to try and fix it?
3. Who is Eleanora?
4. Nell tells Amaury that she cannot die without securing _________ for Ellen.
5. What fatal condition does Nell suffer from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What situations has the tension between Llewelyn and his brothers led to for some of the brothers?
2. Why are Guy and Bran now outlaws?
3. Who are the three crew members allowed to live in Chapter 13, and what happens to them?
4. Who is Hugh de Whitton, and what is his role in the first chapter of the book?
5. Describe Davydd's murder plot, and why it does not work.
6. What prisoner does Llewelyn speak with in Chapter 18, and why is that prisoner significant?
7. How and why does Hugh gain Brian's trust?
8. What does Ellen want to sway Edward to do, and how is she advised to convince him?
9. Who is Arwenna, and what happens to her in Chapter 7?
10. Describe Ellen's travels in Chapter 12 to meet her husband.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Determine who the protagonist of this story is, and who or what is the antagonist.
Essay Topic 2
There are many conflicts throughout The Reckoning. Compare and contrast at least three different types of conflict from the list below:
• Man against Man
• Man against Nature
• Man against Himself
• Man against God
• Man against Society
• Man caught in the Middle
• Man & Woman
Essay Topic 3
What role does love play in The Reckoning? What actions are made in the name of love? What does love get between? What actions does love cause some characters to make?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)