|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, where is the messenger from who comes to see Edward?
2. What type of lord in King Edward?
3. What city in Italy do Edmund and Edward meet in?
4. Nell tell Amaury that all of her regrets in life are for ___________.
5. Who is Edmund's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Hugh rewarded for his loyalty to Bran and Bran's family in Chapter 5?
2. How does Hugh show great loyalty to Ellen in Chapter 15?
3. What significance does London serve in Chapter 20?
4. What does Nell express regrets about, and what does she want done before she dies?
5. Why are Guy and Bran now outlaws?
6. Why does being injured in Chapter 6 end up making Edward even stronger?
7. Describe the situation created for the Jews by Edward.
8. How does Ellen stand up to the lead pirate, Thomas?
9. How does Hugh compare himself to the King in Chapter 15, and what is the outcome?
10. What situations has the tension between Llewelyn and his brothers led to for some of the brothers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Llewelyn and Ellen's marriage and relationship with Davydd and Elizabeth's marriage and relationship.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss King Edward's character. Does he have any redeeming qualities, or is he pure evil? Does the author do a good job of making him seem human? Does he show any character growth throughout The Reckoning?
Essay Topic 3
Identify and discuss the genre of The Reckoning, being sure to supply details from the book that demonstrate how it qualifies for the genre and sub genre (if applicable) you assign it. Also discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this genre.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)