|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was John Peckam supposed to negotiate peace with?
2. Why does Edward reluctantly agree to make peace with Wales?
(a) The war is too expensive.
(b) He no longer believes he can win.
(c) Llewelyn's army is advancing.
(d) He wants to focus his efforts elsewhere.
3. What does Caitlin do when she sees Hugh flirting with a girl in town in Chapter 29?
(a) Runs away crying.
(b) Throws cider in his face.
(c) Pushes the girl down.
(d) Slaps Hugh.
4. Who are Davydd and his family traveling to see in Chapter 25?
5. What news does Caitlin bring Hugh when she shows up in disguise?
(a) Llewelyn's death.
(b) The war's end.
(c) Her pregnancy.
(d) Her father's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which holy day does Davydd lead his attack?
2. How do Llewelyn's men treat Davydd after Llewelyn's death?
3. Where is a bridge completed in Chapter 34?
4. In Chapter 24, for what is Llewelyn having trouble receiving justice from the English courts?
5. Where has Amaury been moved to in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. What actions does Edward take in Chapter 22 to gain Llewelyn's trust and demonstrate that he plans to protect Llewelyn as his liege lord?
2. What happens between Hugh and Caitlin in Chapters 24 & 25?
3. When Llewelyn and Davydd encounter one another at the Abbey in Chapter 24, what do they discuss?
4. What is Edward's plan when he sends John Peckham to Llewelyn in Chapter 34?
5. After Davydd and the men learn of Llewelyn's death, what does Davydd have trouble with?
6. How does Abby find Hugh again at the end of the book?
7. What does Ellen reveal to Amaury about Hugh and Elund?
8. How does Caitlin tell Hugh her feelings about him, and how does he react?
9. What is offered the second time Edward sends John over to a peace offering, and how is this offering received.
10. What happens to Llewelyn when he is in the South in Chapter 36, trying to secure the loyalty of the men there?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)