|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is present while Ellen is giving birth?
(a) Her midwife, Juliana and Elizabeth.
(b) Her midwife anad Llewelyn.
(c) Her midwife, Juliana, Elizabeth, and Caitlin.
(d) Just her midwife.
2. Where are Davydd and his family taken to face King Edward?
(a) Corfe castle.
(b) Dolwyddelan Castle.
(c) Rhuddlan castle.
(d) Chester castle.
3. How do Llewelyn's men treat Davydd after Llewelyn's death?
(a) They support him 100%.
(b) They blame him for Llewelyn's death.
(c) They will not rally behind him.
(d) They overpower him quickly.
4. Where does Julianna go after Ellen's death?
(b) To live alone in the woods.
5. The second time John Peckham comes to Llewelyn, what does he offer Llewelyn?
(a) English money.
(b) An English dukedom.
(c) An English surrender.
(d) An English earldom.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 38, why are Hugh and Amaury planning to go to Wales?
2. By Chapter 26, how long has the church been without an appointed Pope?
3. What is one pet name Ellen calls Edward?
4. Llewelyn tells his men they must wait to go to war until when?
5. What do Ellen and Llewelyn decide to name their unborn child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Abby find Hugh again at the end of the book?
2. What is significant about the day Davydd decides to lead his attack?
3. Why does Julianna decide to leave in Chapter 33?
4. What is offered the second time Edward sends John over to a peace offering, and how is this offering received.
5. How does Edmund talk Edward into truly agreed to seek peace?
6. What news does Elund surprise everyone with in Chapter 28?
7. How is Ellen able to improve Llewelyn's mood for their wedding day?
8. How does Caitlin tell Hugh her feelings about him, and how does he react?
9. Who is Roger de Mortimer?
10. What does Elizabeth lament to Hugh at the end of the book?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)