|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Llewelyn stay away from home after he and Ellen have their first fight?
(a) One week.
(b) Four days.
(c) Five days.
(d) One day.
2. What does Llewelyn do as he lie dying?
(a) Names his daughter his heir.
(b) Names Davydd his heir.
(c) Repeats Ellen's name.
(d) Calls to Davydd for help.
3. In Chapter 24, for what is Llewelyn having trouble receiving justice from the English courts?
(a) His claim against a former landlord.
(b) His claim for Arwystli.
(c) Negotiating Amaury's freedom.
(d) Negotiating for Ellen's family's land.
4. As Llewelyn continues to mourn Ellen, what sort of decisions is he making?
(a) He can't make any decisions.
5. On which holy day does Davydd lead his attack?
(b) Ash Wednesday.
(c) Palm Sunday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of people does the English court appear to be discriminating against?
2. What does Caitlin do when she sees Hugh flirting with a girl in town in Chapter 29?
3. How does Amury repay Hugh for his loyalty?
4. Who betrays Davydd and his family?
5. When Llewelyn and Davydd argue about part grievances in Chapter 24, what does Llewelyn think?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Roger de Mortimer?
2. What does Elizabeth lament to Hugh at the end of the book?
3. What does Edward do on Llewelyn's wedding day to try and ruin it?
4. Describe Llewelyn and Ellen's first meeting at Westminster.
5. What actions does Edward take in Chapter 22 to gain Llewelyn's trust and demonstrate that he plans to protect Llewelyn as his liege lord?
6. What is Edward's plan when he sends John Peckham to Llewelyn in Chapter 34?
7. What is offered the second time Edward sends John over to a peace offering, and how is this offering received.
8. How does Caitlin tell Hugh her feelings about him, and how does he react?
9. What happens between Hugh and Caitlin in Chapters 24 & 25?
10. How is Ellen able to improve Llewelyn's mood for their wedding day?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)