|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 24, for what is Llewelyn having trouble receiving justice from the English courts?
(a) Negotiating for Ellen's family's land.
(b) His claim against a former landlord.
(c) Negotiating Amaury's freedom.
(d) His claim for Arwystli.
2. What does the new Pope do for Amaury?
(a) Gets him out of prison.
(b) Visits him regularly in prison.
(c) Gets him a bigger and more comfortable cell.
(d) Moves him to a more comfortable prison.
3. Who betrays Davydd and his family?
(c) The Welsh.
4. Who escorts Julianna to her destination after Ellen dies?
5. What does Llewelyn do as he lie dying?
(a) Repeats Ellen's name.
(b) Names Davydd his heir.
(c) Names his daughter his heir.
(d) Calls to Davydd for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Llewelyn think is using his name while planning a raid on the King's mines, which will begin the rebellion?
2. Who does Llewelyn come across on the road after fighting with Ellen?
3. What is one pet name Ellen calls Edward?
4. Where has Amaury been moved to in Chapter 25?
5. What castle does Davydd attack to begin the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What actions does Edward take in Chapter 22 to gain Llewelyn's trust and demonstrate that he plans to protect Llewelyn as his liege lord?
2. Why does Julianna decide to leave in Chapter 33?
3. Who is Roger de Mortimer?
4. As a rebellion between the English and Welsh appears inevitable in Chapter 25, how are Davydd and Llewelyn reacting differently?
5. After Davydd and the men learn of Llewelyn's death, what does Davydd have trouble with?
6. How does Abby find Hugh again at the end of the book?
7. How is Ellen able to improve Llewelyn's mood for their wedding day?
8. What does Ellen reveal to Amaury about Hugh and Elund?
9. What news does Elund surprise everyone with in Chapter 28?
10. What is significant about the day Davydd decides to lead his attack?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)