|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Llewelyn surprised he is allowed to do when he arrives at the tower in Chapter 21?
(a) Give Edward a hug.
(b) Keep his weapon.
(c) Meet his wife.
(d) Speak his mind.
2. What is a second pet name Ellen calls Edward?
(c) Dear Ned.
(d) Dear cousin.
3. Why does Edward reluctantly agree to make peace with Wales?
(a) The war is too expensive.
(b) He no longer believes he can win.
(c) He wants to focus his efforts elsewhere.
(d) Llewelyn's army is advancing.
4. Why does Ellen avoid Llewelyn in Chapter 24?
(a) She is in love with someone else and afraid to face him.
(b) She has failed to become pregnant.
(c) She thinks he is mad at her.
(d) He believes he is in love with someone else.
5. What news does Caitlin bring Hugh when she shows up in disguise?
(a) Her father's death.
(b) Her pregnancy.
(c) Llewelyn's death.
(d) The war's end.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Llewelyn and Edward meet at the tower, when does Edward say he will release Ellen?
2. How do Llewleyn and Davydd respond to Edward's second offers for peace?
3. Who was John Peckam supposed to negotiate peace with?
4. What goes wrong during Ellen's delivery of her baby?
5. Who files a suite against Llewelyn in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edward do on Llewelyn's wedding day to try and ruin it?
2. How does Edmund talk Edward into truly agreed to seek peace?
3. What happens between Hugh and Caitlin in Chapters 24 & 25?
4. How is Ellen able to improve Llewelyn's mood for their wedding day?
5. What happens to Amaury in Chapter 31?
6. Why does Julianna decide to leave in Chapter 33?
7. How does King Edward punish Davydd?
8. What is offered the second time Edward sends John over to a peace offering, and how is this offering received.
9. Describe Llewelyn and Ellen's first meeting at Westminster.
10. What does Ellen reveal to Amaury about Hugh and Elund?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)