|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Julianna go after Ellen's death?
(c) To live alone in the woods.
2. In Chapter 24, for what is Llewelyn having trouble receiving justice from the English courts?
(a) Negotiating for Ellen's family's land.
(b) His claim for Arwystli.
(c) Negotiating Amaury's freedom.
(d) His claim against a former landlord.
3. Where has Amaury been moved to in Chapter 25?
4. When Llewelyn and Edward meet at the tower, when does Edward say he will release Ellen?
(b) He is not sure.
5. How soon does Hugh marry the girl he falls in love with at first sight after meeting her?
(a) Less than a year.
(b) Less than a month.
(c) Two months later.
(d) Less than a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ellen know Roger de Mortimer?
2. What does John Peckham relay that Edward wants Davydd to join?
3. What month does Edward set Llewelyn and Ellen's wedding date?
4. What punishment is NOT one that Davydd receives?
5. Who are Davydd and his family traveling to see in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Elund surprise everyone with in Chapter 28?
2. What is significant about the day Davydd decides to lead his attack?
3. What actions does Edward take in Chapter 22 to gain Llewelyn's trust and demonstrate that he plans to protect Llewelyn as his liege lord?
4. How does Edmund talk Edward into truly agreed to seek peace?
5. How is Ellen able to improve Llewelyn's mood for their wedding day?
6. What is Edward's plan when he sends John Peckham to Llewelyn in Chapter 34?
7. Why does Julianna decide to leave in Chapter 33?
8. What happens to Llewelyn when he is in the South in Chapter 36, trying to secure the loyalty of the men there?
9. How does Llewelyn spend the day he is away from home because he and Ellen are fighting?
10. How does King Edward punish Davydd?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)