|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Edward reluctantly agree to make peace with Wales?
(a) He wants to focus his efforts elsewhere.
(b) Llewelyn's army is advancing.
(c) The war is too expensive.
(d) He no longer believes he can win.
2. What news does Caitlin bring Hugh when she shows up in disguise?
(a) The war's end.
(b) Llewelyn's death.
(c) Her pregnancy.
(d) Her father's death.
3. What do Edward's men use the bridge for in Chapter 34?
(a) To attack Llewewlyn's men from behind.
(b) To escape without being seen.
(c) To sneak extra supplies.
(d) To send women and children out of town and toward safety.
4. What is Llewelyn and Ellen's first fight of their marriage about?
(a) Llewelyn going to battle.
(b) Roger de Mortimer.
(c) They are not sure.
(d) Having children.
5. How does Amury repay Hugh for his loyalty?
(a) Marries Hugh and Caitlin.
(b) Makes Hugh and honorary monk.
(c) Gives him a manor.
(d) Gives Hugh gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Llewelyn and Davydd argue about part grievances in Chapter 24, what does Llewelyn think?
2. Llewelyn learns that his brother Rhodri has taken a(n) _________ wife.
3. When does Ellen learn that Edward will actually release her?
4. Who helped Abby escape Wales?
5. Ellen explains to Llewelyn that she pretends to be nice to Edward only for ________'s sake.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Edward's plan when he sends John Peckham to Llewelyn in Chapter 34?
2. What happens to Llewelyn when he is in the South in Chapter 36, trying to secure the loyalty of the men there?
3. What happens to Amaury in Chapter 31?
4. How does Edmund talk Edward into truly agreed to seek peace?
5. What is significant about the day Davydd decides to lead his attack?
6. How does King Edward punish Davydd?
7. What actions does Edward take in Chapter 22 to gain Llewelyn's trust and demonstrate that he plans to protect Llewelyn as his liege lord?
8. Who is Roger de Mortimer?
9. Describe Llewelyn and Ellen's first meeting at Westminster.
10. What is offered the second time Edward sends John over to a peace offering, and how is this offering received.
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)