|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Llewelyn's hunters injure a stag and it moves onto English territory, how do the English react?
(a) They steal the stag and shoot at the hunters.
(b) They slaughter the stag and throw it back onto the hunter's land.
(c) They shoot the stag and throw it back onto the hunter's land.
(d) They steal the stag and beat the hunters.
2. What does Llewelyn do as he lie dying?
(a) Names his daughter his heir.
(b) Calls to Davydd for help.
(c) Repeats Ellen's name.
(d) Names Davydd his heir.
3. Who files a suite against Llewelyn in Chapter 22?
4. Llewelyn tells his men they must wait to go to war until when?
(a) The English attack first.
(b) The King is ill.
(c) Llewelyn's son is born.
(d) The King is away.
5. How does Amury repay Hugh for his loyalty?
(a) Marries Hugh and Caitlin.
(b) Gives Hugh gold.
(c) Makes Hugh and honorary monk.
(d) Gives him a manor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What goes wrong during Ellen's delivery of her baby?
2. What crime is Davydd convicted of?
3. How do Llewelyn's men treat Davydd after Llewelyn's death?
4. Where is a bridge completed in Chapter 34?
5. What is Llewelyn surprised he is allowed to do when he arrives at the tower in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is offered the second time Edward sends John over to a peace offering, and how is this offering received.
2. What is Edward's plan when he sends John Peckham to Llewelyn in Chapter 34?
3. How does Edmund talk Edward into truly agreed to seek peace?
4. What happens to Amaury in Chapter 31?
5. What happens during Ellen's childbirth?
6. What does Ellen reveal to Amaury about Hugh and Elund?
7. Who is Roger de Mortimer?
8. Describe Llewelyn and Ellen's first meeting at Westminster.
9. As a rebellion between the English and Welsh appears inevitable in Chapter 25, how are Davydd and Llewelyn reacting differently?
10. After Davydd and the men learn of Llewelyn's death, what does Davydd have trouble with?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)