|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment is NOT one that Davydd receives?
(a) He is dragged behind horses.
(b) He is disembowled.
(c) He is starved.
(d) He is beheaded.
2. What does the charter that Edward surprises Llewelyn with on his wedding say prevent Llewelyn from doing?
(a) Keeping his first born son.
(b) Offering soldiers to the King's enemies.
(c) Declaring war on Edward at any time.
(d) Offering sanctuary to the King's enemies.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 38, why are Hugh and Amaury planning to go to Wales?
(a) To confront Davydd.
(b) To get Caitlin.
(c) To seek protection from Davydd.
(d) To join Davydd's war efforts.
4. Who does Ellen give birth to?
(a) A girl.
(b) A boy.
(c) Twin boys.
(d) Twin girls.
5. When Llewelyn's hunters injure a stag and it moves onto English territory, how do the English react?
(a) They steal the stag and shoot at the hunters.
(b) They slaughter the stag and throw it back onto the hunter's land.
(c) They steal the stag and beat the hunters.
(d) They shoot the stag and throw it back onto the hunter's land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who files a suite against Llewelyn in Chapter 22?
2. What castle does Davydd attack to begin the war?
3. Llewelyn learns that his brother Rhodri has taken a(n) _________ wife.
4. How far away is King Edward when Davydd attacks a castle to start the war?
5. Who was John Peckam supposed to negotiate peace with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Ellen able to improve Llewelyn's mood for their wedding day?
2. What happens between Hugh and Caitlin in Chapters 24 & 25?
3. What news does Elund surprise everyone with in Chapter 28?
4. How does Caitlin tell Hugh her feelings about him, and how does he react?
5. Why does Julianna decide to leave in Chapter 33?
6. What does Edward do on Llewelyn's wedding day to try and ruin it?
7. What is significant about the day Davydd decides to lead his attack?
8. After Davydd and the men learn of Llewelyn's death, what does Davydd have trouble with?
9. Describe Llewelyn and Ellen's first meeting at Westminster.
10. As a rebellion between the English and Welsh appears inevitable in Chapter 25, how are Davydd and Llewelyn reacting differently?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)