|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Llewelyn finally receive regarding the King's decision on Arwystli?
(a) The King will split the land between himself and Llewelyn.
(b) The King will grand Llewelyn the land.
(c) The King will not abide by the treaty terms.
(d) The King has thrown the case out.
2. What does Caitlin do when she sees Hugh flirting with a girl in town in Chapter 29?
(a) Pushes the girl down.
(b) Slaps Hugh.
(c) Runs away crying.
(d) Throws cider in his face.
3. Why does Edward reluctantly agree to make peace with Wales?
(a) He no longer believes he can win.
(b) The war is too expensive.
(c) He wants to focus his efforts elsewhere.
(d) Llewelyn's army is advancing.
4. In Chapter 24, for what is Llewelyn having trouble receiving justice from the English courts?
(a) His claim for Arwystli.
(b) Negotiating for Ellen's family's land.
(c) Negotiating Amaury's freedom.
(d) His claim against a former landlord.
5. What is one pet name Ellen calls Edward?
(d) King Ned.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amury repay Hugh for his loyalty?
2. What news does Caitlin bring Hugh when she shows up in disguise?
3. Who does Hugh fall in love with at first sight?
4. What does John Peckham relay that Edward wants Davydd to join?
5. Ellen explains to Llewelyn that she pretends to be nice to Edward only for ________'s sake.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Hugh and Caitlin in Chapters 24 & 25?
2. How does Caitlin tell Hugh her feelings about him, and how does he react?
3. How does Llewelyn spend the day he is away from home because he and Ellen are fighting?
4. How does King Edward punish Davydd?
5. What does Edward do on Llewelyn's wedding day to try and ruin it?
6. What is offered the second time Edward sends John over to a peace offering, and how is this offering received.
7. As a rebellion between the English and Welsh appears inevitable in Chapter 25, how are Davydd and Llewelyn reacting differently?
8. After Davydd and the men learn of Llewelyn's death, what does Davydd have trouble with?
9. What happens to Amaury in Chapter 31?
10. How does Abby find Hugh again at the end of the book?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)