|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Llewelyn's men treat Davydd after Llewelyn's death?
(a) They support him 100%.
(b) They overpower him quickly.
(c) They will not rally behind him.
(d) They blame him for Llewelyn's death.
2. By Chapter 26, how long has the church been without an appointed Pope?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 months.
3. What goes wrong during Ellen's delivery of her baby?
(b) Excessive bleeding.
(c) The umbilical chord is wrapped around the baby's neck.
(d) The baby is breech.
4. What is John Peckam the Archbishop of?
5. What word does Llewelyn finally receive regarding the King's decision on Arwystli?
(a) The King has thrown the case out.
(b) The King will split the land between himself and Llewelyn.
(c) The King will grand Llewelyn the land.
(d) The King will not abide by the treaty terms.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Llewelyn feel about meeting Edward at the tower to discuss Ellen's release?
2. How long does Llewelyn stay away from home after he and Ellen have their first fight?
3. How does Amury repay Hugh for his loyalty?
4. How long after the peace treaty and Llewelyn's surrender, does Edward established strongholds in Wales?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 38, why are Hugh and Amaury planning to go to Wales?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edward do on Llewelyn's wedding day to try and ruin it?
2. What happens during Ellen's childbirth?
3. How does Abby find Hugh again at the end of the book?
4. What does Elizabeth lament to Hugh at the end of the book?
5. As a rebellion between the English and Welsh appears inevitable in Chapter 25, how are Davydd and Llewelyn reacting differently?
6. Why does Julianna decide to leave in Chapter 33?
7. What happens between Hugh and Caitlin in Chapters 24 & 25?
8. What is offered the second time Edward sends John over to a peace offering, and how is this offering received.
9. How is Ellen able to improve Llewelyn's mood for their wedding day?
10. What actions does Edward take in Chapter 22 to gain Llewelyn's trust and demonstrate that he plans to protect Llewelyn as his liege lord?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)