|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Caitlin bring Hugh when she shows up in disguise?
(a) Her pregnancy.
(b) Llewelyn's death.
(c) Her father's death.
(d) The war's end.
2. Where will Elizabeth's sons live out the rest of their lives?
(a) Chester Castle.
(b) Cofe Castle.
(c) Bristol Castle.
(d) Dolwyddelan Castle.
3. Who helped Abby escape Wales?
(a) No one.
4. How far away is King Edward when Davydd attacks a castle to start the war?
(a) Two hundred miles.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two towns.
5. What does Ellen die of?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(b) Thyphoid fever.
(d) Childbed fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Llewelyn feel about meeting Edward at the tower to discuss Ellen's release?
2. How do Llewelyn's men treat Davydd after Llewelyn's death?
3. Where does Julianna go after Ellen's death?
4. When Llewelyn's hunters injure a stag and it moves onto English territory, how do the English react?
5. Who is present while Ellen is giving birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Amaury in Chapter 31?
2. After Davydd and the men learn of Llewelyn's death, what does Davydd have trouble with?
3. What news does Elund surprise everyone with in Chapter 28?
4. When Llewelyn and Davydd encounter one another at the Abbey in Chapter 24, what do they discuss?
5. What is significant about the day Davydd decides to lead his attack?
6. How does King Edward punish Davydd?
7. As a rebellion between the English and Welsh appears inevitable in Chapter 25, how are Davydd and Llewelyn reacting differently?
8. Describe Llewelyn and Ellen's first meeting at Westminster.
9. What is Edward's plan when he sends John Peckham to Llewelyn in Chapter 34?
10. Why does Julianna decide to leave in Chapter 33?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)