|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Llewelyn continues to mourn Ellen, what sort of decisions is he making?
(d) He can't make any decisions.
2. The second time John Peckham comes to Llewelyn, what does he offer Llewelyn?
(a) An English surrender.
(b) English money.
(c) An English earldom.
(d) An English dukedom.
3. What word does Llewelyn finally receive regarding the King's decision on Arwystli?
(a) The King will split the land between himself and Llewelyn.
(b) The King will grand Llewelyn the land.
(c) The King has thrown the case out.
(d) The King will not abide by the treaty terms.
4. What causes Edward and Edmund to argue about the war in Chapter 34?
(a) The failed bridge attack.
(b) Llewelyn's army is advancing.
(c) Edmund wants to lead the war efforts.
(d) Edmund's brother-in-law is killed.
5. What does Elund announce in Chapter 28?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is dying.
(c) She is divorcing Hugh.
(d) She doesn't want Hugh to see Caitlin anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Llewelyn meet Edward to discuss Rhodri's case?
2. How does Ellen know Roger de Mortimer?
3. How do Llewleyn and Davydd respond to Edward's second offers for peace?
4. What punishment is NOT one that Davydd receives?
5. Who is present while Ellen is giving birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does King Edward punish Davydd?
2. How does Abby find Hugh again at the end of the book?
3. What news does Elund surprise everyone with in Chapter 28?
4. Why does Julianna decide to leave in Chapter 33?
5. How does Edmund talk Edward into truly agreed to seek peace?
6. What actions does Edward take in Chapter 22 to gain Llewelyn's trust and demonstrate that he plans to protect Llewelyn as his liege lord?
7. What is Edward's plan when he sends John Peckham to Llewelyn in Chapter 34?
8. How does Caitlin tell Hugh her feelings about him, and how does he react?
9. What happens to Amaury in Chapter 31?
10. Describe Llewelyn and Ellen's first meeting at Westminster.
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)