|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who escorts Julianna to her destination after Ellen dies?
2. As Llewelyn continues to mourn Ellen, what sort of decisions is he making?
(c) He can't make any decisions.
3. What month does Edward set Llewelyn and Ellen's wedding date?
4. How long does Davydd's trial last?
(a) One hour.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
5. What does Caitlin come to Hugh disguised as?
(a) A pregnant woman.
(b) A monk.
(c) A man.
(d) A beggar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Edward reluctantly agree to make peace with Wales?
2. What does Ellen finally agree to do with Roger?
3. How does Amury repay Hugh for his loyalty?
4. How soon does Hugh marry the girl he falls in love with at first sight after meeting her?
5. What news does Caitlin bring Hugh when she shows up in disguise?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Llewelyn and Ellen's first meeting at Westminster.
2. What does Edward do on Llewelyn's wedding day to try and ruin it?
3. How is Ellen able to improve Llewelyn's mood for their wedding day?
4. What is significant about the day Davydd decides to lead his attack?
5. What actions does Edward take in Chapter 22 to gain Llewelyn's trust and demonstrate that he plans to protect Llewelyn as his liege lord?
6. What happens during Ellen's childbirth?
7. What does Elizabeth lament to Hugh at the end of the book?
8. After Davydd and the men learn of Llewelyn's death, what does Davydd have trouble with?
9. How does Llewelyn spend the day he is away from home because he and Ellen are fighting?
10. As a rebellion between the English and Welsh appears inevitable in Chapter 25, how are Davydd and Llewelyn reacting differently?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)