|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Llewelyn contacts Nell in Chapter 11 does she die?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
2. What is the only thing in Amaury's prison cell?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A rat's nest.
(c) A small pallet.
(d) A small box.
3. What is a liege lord's duty?
(a) Protect the royal family.
(b) Protect all citizens.
(c) Create laws for protection.
(d) Protect the Vassal.
4. How long does Davydd remind Llewelyn that he served on his counsel and was welcomed in his court without a falling out?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 10 years.
5. What is Simon de Montfort's relationship to Prince Edward?
(d) Second cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters are known as outlaws for murdering a cousin?
2. What does Hugh disguise himself as in order to find out more information about Ellen's situation in Chapter 15?
3. In what castle does King Edward want Llewelyn to swear homage in?
4. What time period does the book cover?
5. Who did Hugh's father die while fighting with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Davydd defend himself to Llewelyn regarding the murder plot when they meet privately?
2. What does Ellen want to sway Edward to do, and how is she advised to convince him?
3. What significance does London serve in Chapter 20?
4. How and why does Hugh gain Brian's trust?
5. When Llewelyn finally surrenders, what does he lose? Does he get to keep anything?
6. How is a messenger able to wound Edward in Chapter 6?
7. Who is Arwenna, and what happens to her in Chapter 7?
8. How is the Abby symbolic in Chapter 18 of the end of something?
9. Why does being injured in Chapter 6 end up making Edward even stronger?
10. How and why does Davydd get married?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)