|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What duty is King Edward breaching in Chapter 11?
(a) His duty to protect all citizens equally.
(b) His duty not to raise taxes.
(c) His vassal lord duty.
(d) His liege lord duty.
2. What body of water does Ellen sail across to meet Llewelyn?
(a) The English Channel.
(b) The North Sea.
(c) The Celtic Sea.
(d) The Bristol Channel.
3. How does Davydd feel about the land Edward rewards him with in Chapter 19?
4. Who is Llewelyn's niece who loves animals?
5. In Chapter 17, what does Ellen say is all she sees when she looks at Edward?
(a) Her father.
(c) The devil.
(d) Amaury in shackles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the crew of Ellen's cog stranded in Chapter 14?
2. In Chapter 18, Llewelyn still has hope that they can win the war, but he concedes that he fears God might be ________.
3. What city in Italy do Edmund and Edward meet in?
4. How does Ellen initially respond to the question Davydd asks her upon their first meeting?
5. How far does Hugh travel to tell Nell about Bran's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Guy and Bran now outlaws?
2. What significance does London serve in Chapter 20?
3. What is Amaury's connection to the de Montfort brothers?
4. How and why does Davydd get married?
5. What situations has the tension between Llewelyn and his brothers led to for some of the brothers?
6. What is unique about Nell de Montfort's living arrangement?
7. When a confession is given, clearly connecting Davydd to the murder plot, how do Davydd and Llewelyn both react?
8. How and why does Hugh gain Brian's trust?
9. Why is Davydd not completely trusted?
10. How does Davydd defend himself to Llewelyn regarding the murder plot when they meet privately?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)