|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city in Italy do Edmund and Edward meet in?
2. Edward rewards Davydd with one half of Gwynedd to be divided between Davydd and ________.
(a) Davydd's son.
(b) Davydd's wife.
(d) Any individual of Davydd's choosing.
3. What is the first question Davydd ever asks Ellen?
(a) What women look for in a man.
(b) If she knows where his brother is.
(c) What she thinks she doing.
(d) If she admires him.
4. Where has Owain been for 15 years?
5. What genre is this book?
(c) Historical fiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edmund's wife advise Ellen to do to get her way with Edward?
2. What is the only thing Llewelyn is allowed to keep after surrendering?
3. In Chapter 18, Llewelyn still has hope that they can win the war, but he concedes that he fears God might be ________.
4. Which two characters are known as outlaws for murdering a cousin?
5. Owen de la Pole is Gruffydd's ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Hugh rewarded for his loyalty to Bran and Bran's family in Chapter 5?
2. What does Ellen realize in Chapter 13 that her role is between the feuding brothers?
3. What does Nell express regrets about, and what does she want done before she dies?
4. When Llewelyn finally surrenders, what does he lose? Does he get to keep anything?
5. Describe the situation created for the Jews by Edward.
6. When a confession is given, clearly connecting Davydd to the murder plot, how do Davydd and Llewelyn both react?
7. What prisoner does Llewelyn speak with in Chapter 18, and why is that prisoner significant?
8. What does Ellen want to sway Edward to do, and how is she advised to convince him?
9. What is Amaury's prison experience like in Chapter 15?
10. What situations has the tension between Llewelyn and his brothers led to for some of the brothers?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)