|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stabs Edward in Chapter 6?
(a) The messenger.
(b) One of his guards.
(c) Edward stabs himself.
(d) An unknown man.
2. Who loans Hugh money in Chapter 14?
(a) Ben Issac Asher.
(b) Issac Asher-Ben.
(c) Asher Ben Issac.
(d) Issac Ben Asher.
3. How does Edward react to Simon's victory and capture of King Henry?
(a) He declares war on Simon.
(b) He surrenders to Simon.
(c) He doubles his guards around the castle.
(d) He prepares to flee the country.
4. Where does the King tell Hugh in Chapter 15 that he will be imprisoned?
(a) Chester Castle.
(b) Dolwyddelan Castle.
(c) Bristol Castle.
(d) Corfe Castle.
5. What fatal condition does Nell suffer from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Llewelyn seeking to honor by asking Nell what he does in Chapter 11?
2. How do the prison guards treat Amaury in Chapter 15?
3. How much money does Edward give Nell in Chapter 8 to make up for lost profit?
4. Who is Llewelyn's niece who loves animals?
5. Which two characters are known as outlaws for murdering a cousin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why does Hugh gain Brian's trust?
2. How does Ellen stand up to the lead pirate, Thomas?
3. How does Llewelyn end up preparing for war in Chapter 11?
4. What does Nell express regrets about, and what does she want done before she dies?
5. Who are the three crew members allowed to live in Chapter 13, and what happens to them?
6. Why are Guy and Bran now outlaws?
7. Why does being injured in Chapter 6 end up making Edward even stronger?
8. What prisoner does Llewelyn speak with in Chapter 18, and why is that prisoner significant?
9. With what actions does Llewelyn respond in hearing the murder plot against him?
10. Describe Davydd's murder plot, and why it does not work.
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)