|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the youngest de Montfort brother?
2. What group of people has Edward segregated?
(a) Jewish people.
(b) Christian people.
(c) Non-religous people.
(d) Catholic people.
3. How much money does Edward give Nell in Chapter 8 to make up for lost profit?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 2,000 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
4. Where is diseased flesh cut away from Edward while he heals from his stab wound?
(a) His thigh.
(b) His arm.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His back.
5. How many years was Davydd exiled for rebelling against Llewelyn the second time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is grown on the Island of Mon?
2. Who brings Nell news of Hal's murder at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. Which of the following of Llewelyn's relatives is NOT buried at the Abby church?
4. What body of water does Ellen sail across to meet Llewelyn?
5. After hearing the confession of who was behind the plot to murder him, Llewelyn burns Gruffydd's castle at ________ to the ground and claims the Powys lands.
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why does Davydd get married?
2. What does Nell express regrets about, and what does she want done before she dies?
3. With what actions does Llewelyn respond in hearing the murder plot against him?
4. Who are the three crew members allowed to live in Chapter 13, and what happens to them?
5. What does Ellen want to sway Edward to do, and how is she advised to convince him?
6. How is a messenger able to wound Edward in Chapter 6?
7. How does Hugh compare himself to the King in Chapter 15, and what is the outcome?
8. Why is Davydd not completely trusted?
9. How does Edward, as the new King of England, respond to Nell's request for help?
10. What happens after Bran leaves Guy in Chapter 5?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)