|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nell tells Amaury that she cannot die without securing _________ for Ellen.
2. Who does Davydd plan to murder in Chapter 9?
3. Hugh is rewarded for his loyalty by being assigned as __________ guard.
(b) Sir Olivier's.
4. Who do Hugh and Hugh de Whitton encounter, wounded, in Chapter 1?
5. What was Prince Edward nicknamed in his childhood by his cousins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hugh disguise himself as in order to find out more information about Ellen's situation in Chapter 15?
2. How much money does Edward give Nell in Chapter 8 to make up for lost profit?
3. What request does Llewelyn send Nell in Chapter 11?
4. Who is Bran traveling to speak with when he dies?
5. In Chapter 17, what does Ellen say is all she sees when she looks at Edward?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ellen stand up to the lead pirate, Thomas?
2. What does Ellen realize in Chapter 13 that her role is between the feuding brothers?
3. With what actions does Llewelyn respond in hearing the murder plot against him?
4. What significance does London serve in Chapter 20?
5. Who are the three crew members allowed to live in Chapter 13, and what happens to them?
6. Why does being injured in Chapter 6 end up making Edward even stronger?
7. What does Ellen want to sway Edward to do, and how is she advised to convince him?
8. How does Hugh compare himself to the King in Chapter 15, and what is the outcome?
9. What does Nell express regrets about, and what does she want done before she dies?
10. When a confession is given, clearly connecting Davydd to the murder plot, how do Davydd and Llewelyn both react?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)