|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the knights aboard Ellen's cog are killed in Chapter 13?
(d) All but two.
2. Who is Llewelyn's niece who loves animals?
3. How does Llewelyn respond when Davydd asks if he would have believed it if someone had accused Tudur or Einion of the murder plot?
(a) Llewelyn says he would have made Tudor and Einoion answer defend themselves just like Davydd is.
(b) Llewelyn hesitates so long that Davydd says his silence has already answered the question.
(c) Llewelyn admits he would not have believed it; he trusts Tudor and Einion.
(d) Llewelyn refuses to answer the question.
4. What do Llewelyn and his brother fight over?
5. What happens if Llewelyn were to agree to do homage to King Edward?
(a) He would be highly respected by all members of society.
(b) He would look weak to his enemies and to the king.
(c) He would avoid being sent to jail.
(d) He would be allowed to live in the castle again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Davydd plan to murder in Chapter 9?
2. Who is Edmund's wife?
3. What genre is this book?
4. Where does Nell travel to in Chapter 8 to request help from King Edward?
5. Which of the following of Llewelyn's relatives is NOT buried at the Abby church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Llewelyn do in Chapter 11 when he realizes he desperately need a heir?
2. What does Ellen realize in Chapter 13 that her role is between the feuding brothers?
3. How is Hugh rewarded for his loyalty to Bran and Bran's family in Chapter 5?
4. Why does being injured in Chapter 6 end up making Edward even stronger?
5. What significance does London serve in Chapter 20?
6. How is the Abby symbolic in Chapter 18 of the end of something?
7. How does Llewelyn end up preparing for war in Chapter 11?
8. Describe the battle that the occurred five years prior to the beginning of the novel.
9. When Llewelyn finally surrenders, what does he lose? Does he get to keep anything?
10. What does Nell express regrets about, and what does she want done before she dies?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)