|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ellen initially respond to the question Davydd asks her upon their first meeting?
(a) She slaps him.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She stares at him coldly.
(d) She laughs in his face.
2. What time period does the book cover?
(a) 1271 - 1283.
(d) 1271 and 1283
3. Who loans Hugh money in Chapter 14?
(a) Issac Ben Asher.
(b) Ben Issac Asher.
(c) Issac Asher-Ben.
(d) Asher Ben Issac.
4. Edward rewards Davydd with one half of Gwynedd to be divided between Davydd and ________.
(a) Davydd's wife.
(c) Any individual of Davydd's choosing.
(d) Davydd's son.
5. What group of people has Edward segregated?
(a) Christian people.
(b) Jewish people.
(c) Non-religous people.
(d) Catholic people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Llewelyn's niece who loves animals?
2. What is the name of the cog Ellen sails on to meet Llewelyn?
3. What castle is Amaury taken to and put in prison?
4. What is grown on the Island of Mon?
5. What castle is Ellen taken to at the end of Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nell express regrets about, and what does she want done before she dies?
2. What significance does London serve in Chapter 20?
3. What is Amaury's prison experience like in Chapter 15?
4. How is Hugh rewarded for his loyalty to Bran and Bran's family in Chapter 5?
5. Who are the three crew members allowed to live in Chapter 13, and what happens to them?
6. What is Amaury's connection to the de Montfort brothers?
7. What happens after Bran leaves Guy in Chapter 5?
8. Describe the situation created for the Jews by Edward.
9. What prisoner does Llewelyn speak with in Chapter 18, and why is that prisoner significant?
10. When a confession is given, clearly connecting Davydd to the murder plot, how do Davydd and Llewelyn both react?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)