|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Hugh and Hugh de Whitton encounter, wounded, in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 18, Llewelyn still has hope that they can win the war, but he concedes that he fears God might be ________.
(b) Staying out of it.
3. Who does Tudor get a confession from in Chapter 10 about who was involved in the murder plot?
(a) No one.
4. Where does the King tell Hugh in Chapter 15 that he will be imprisoned?
(a) Chester Castle.
(b) Corfe Castle.
(c) Bristol Castle.
(d) Dolwyddelan Castle.
5. Why does Llewelyn make a sudden request of Nell in Chapter 11?
(a) He feels guilty for the past.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He needs an heir.
(d) He wants to expand his land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edward return to Nell from her first marriage?
2. Who is the youngest de Montfort brother?
3. Why does Ellen's cog decide to sail in winter?
4. What is the first question Davydd ever asks Ellen?
5. Who assists Davydd in his murder plot in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Guy and Bran now outlaws?
2. What happens between Hugh and Caitlin in Chapters 24 & 25?
3. How does Hugh show great loyalty to Ellen in Chapter 15?
4. Why does being injured in Chapter 6 end up making Edward even stronger?
5. How is the Abby symbolic in Chapter 18 of the end of something?
6. How does Ellen stand up to the lead pirate, Thomas?
7. With what actions does Llewelyn respond in hearing the murder plot against him?
8. What does Ellen want to sway Edward to do, and how is she advised to convince him?
9. How does Edmund talk Edward into truly agreed to seek peace?
10. What is offered the second time Edward sends John over to a peace offering, and how is this offering received.
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)