|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the youngest de Montfort brother?
2. What is grown on the Island of Mon?
3. Which of the following of Llewelyn's relatives is NOT buried at the Abby church?
(a) His wife, Joanna.
(b) His daughters.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His sons.
4. Where is diseased flesh cut away from Edward while he heals from his stab wound?
(a) His arm.
(b) His thigh.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His back.
5. In Chapter 14, Edward _____________ the debts of Christians.
Short Answer Questions
1. King Edward summons Llewelyn to do homage to him as a __________ lord.
2. How does Edward react to Simon's victory and capture of King Henry?
3. What does Edmund's wife advise Ellen to do to get her way with Edward?
4. Who do Hugh and Hugh de Whitton encounter, wounded, in Chapter 1?
5. How old is Hugh de Whitton in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the battle that the occurred five years prior to the beginning of the novel.
2. What significance does London serve in Chapter 20?
3. What does Llewelyn do in Chapter 11 when he realizes he desperately need a heir?
4. Describe the situation created for the Jews by Edward.
5. How does Ellen stand up to the lead pirate, Thomas?
6. What does Nell express regrets about, and what does she want done before she dies?
7. How is Hugh rewarded for his loyalty to Bran and Bran's family in Chapter 5?
8. What is Amaury's prison experience like in Chapter 15?
9. What does Ellen realize in Chapter 13 that her role is between the feuding brothers?
10. How and why does Davydd get married?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)