|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Llewelyn and his brother fight over?
2. What is the only thing in Amaury's prison cell?
(a) A small box.
(b) A rat's nest.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A small pallet.
3. Who does Hugh smuggle letters from to Ellen?
(a) No one.
(b) Just Llewelyn.
(c) Llewelyn and Amaury.
(d) Just Amaury.
4. What group of people has Edward segregated?
(a) Non-religous people.
(b) Jewish people.
(c) Catholic people.
(d) Christian people.
5. What is Amaury's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Llewelyn make a sudden request of Nell in Chapter 11?
2. What does Edward outlaw, which was a certain group of people's only source of income?
3. Where does Hugh volunteer to lead the wounded individual he comes across in Chapter 1?
4. How does Davydd feel about the land Edward rewards him with in Chapter 19?
5. How many witnesses does Llewelyn have against Davydd in the murder plot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What situations has the tension between Llewelyn and his brothers led to for some of the brothers?
2. Describe Davydd's murder plot, and why it does not work.
3. How do Davydd and Ellen end up meeting?
4. What prisoner does Llewelyn speak with in Chapter 18, and why is that prisoner significant?
5. How is Hugh rewarded for his loyalty to Bran and Bran's family in Chapter 5?
6. What does Nell express regrets about, and what does she want done before she dies?
7. How does Hugh compare himself to the King in Chapter 15, and what is the outcome?
8. What is Amaury's prison experience like in Chapter 15?
9. Describe the battle that the occurred five years prior to the beginning of the novel.
10. How does Edward, as the new King of England, respond to Nell's request for help?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)