|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tudor get a confession from in Chapter 10 about who was involved in the murder plot?
(d) No one.
2. Which of the following of Llewelyn's relatives is NOT buried at the Abby church?
(a) His wife, Joanna.
(b) His sons.
(c) His daughters.
(d) His grandfather.
3. What is Llewelyn ap Gruffydd's title?
(a) Prince of Evesham.
(b) Prince of Wales.
(c) Prince of England.
(d) King of England.
4. In Chapter 17, the King marvels at Davydd's ability to do what?
(a) Handle is sword.
(b) Debate any topic well.
(c) Win over women.
(d) Train horses quickly.
5. Owen de la Pole is Gruffydd's ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Edward believe he is blessed and doing 'God's work'?
2. Who brings Nell news of Hal's murder at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. How does Edward react to Simon's victory and capture of King Henry?
4. Nell tells Amaury that she cannot die without securing _________ for Ellen.
5. How old is Hugh de Whitton in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why does Davydd get married?
2. Who are the three crew members allowed to live in Chapter 13, and what happens to them?
3. How does Hugh compare himself to the King in Chapter 15, and what is the outcome?
4. What does Nell express regrets about, and what does she want done before she dies?
5. What does Ellen want to sway Edward to do, and how is she advised to convince him?
6. Describe the battle that the occurred five years prior to the beginning of the novel.
7. How does Ellen stand up to the lead pirate, Thomas?
8. Why is Davydd not completely trusted?
9. When a confession is given, clearly connecting Davydd to the murder plot, how do Davydd and Llewelyn both react?
10. When Llewelyn finally surrenders, what does he lose? Does he get to keep anything?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)