|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edward feel about Ellen pouring her glass out at Davydd's feet?
2. Who is the youngest de Montfort brother?
3. What inhibits the murder plot in Chapter 9 from actually happening?
(a) Davydd gets too worried and calls it off.
(b) Heavy rain and a mudslide.
(c) The plot is revealed too early and Llewelyn finds out.
(d) Lightening hitting the castle during a storm.
4. What group of people has Edward segregated?
(a) Christian people.
(b) Non-religous people.
(c) Jewish people.
(d) Catholic people.
5. What request does Llewelyn send Nell in Chapter 11?
(a) To marry Ellen.
(b) To buy her land.
(c) To help her financially.
(d) To have her visit the castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is diseased flesh cut away from Edward while he heals from his stab wound?
2. How does Ellen initially respond to the question Davydd asks her upon their first meeting?
3. What was Rhys ap Gruffydd doing when he was caught?
4. What does Brian suggest to Hugh to get the money he needs in Chapter 14?
5. What does Edward return to Nell from her first marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caitlin tell Hugh her feelings about him, and how does he react?
2. What does Llewelyn do in Chapter 11 when he realizes he desperately need a heir?
3. How does Edmund talk Edward into truly agreed to seek peace?
4. How does Davydd defend himself to Llewelyn regarding the murder plot when they meet privately?
5. What happens to Amaury in Chapter 31?
6. How is Ellen able to improve Llewelyn's mood for their wedding day?
7. What does Nell express regrets about, and what does she want done before she dies?
8. Describe the battle that the occurred five years prior to the beginning of the novel.
9. As a rebellion between the English and Welsh appears inevitable in Chapter 25, how are Davydd and Llewelyn reacting differently?
10. Describe Ellen's travels in Chapter 12 to meet her husband.
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)