|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Llewelyn ap Gruffydd's title?
(a) Prince of Wales.
(b) Prince of England.
(c) Prince of Evesham.
(d) King of England.
2. Who is Eleanora?
(a) Edmund's wife.
(b) Edward's wife.
(c) Edward and Edmund's sister.
(d) Edward and Edmund's cousin.
3. What type of lord in King Edward?
4. What does Hugh disguise himself as in order to find out more information about Ellen's situation in Chapter 15?
(a) A castle guard.
(b) A royal guard.
(c) A Friar.
(d) A gardener.
5. Who does Hugh owe his life to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a liege lord's duty?
2. How does Llewelyn respond when Davydd asks if he would have believed it if someone had accused Tudur or Einion of the murder plot?
3. Who assists Davydd in his murder plot in Chapter 9?
4. Who is the youngest de Montfort brother?
5. Who is Bran traveling to speak with when he dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ellen want to sway Edward to do, and how is she advised to convince him?
2. When Llewelyn and Davydd encounter one another at the Abbey in Chapter 24, what do they discuss?
3. How is Ellen able to improve Llewelyn's mood for their wedding day?
4. How does Edward, as the new King of England, respond to Nell's request for help?
5. After Davydd and the men learn of Llewelyn's death, what does Davydd have trouble with?
6. What does Ellen reveal to Amaury about Hugh and Elund?
7. What actions does Edward take in Chapter 22 to gain Llewelyn's trust and demonstrate that he plans to protect Llewelyn as his liege lord?
8. What news does Elund surprise everyone with in Chapter 28?
9. As a rebellion between the English and Welsh appears inevitable in Chapter 25, how are Davydd and Llewelyn reacting differently?
10. Why does Julianna decide to leave in Chapter 33?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)