|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of lord in King Edward?
2. How does Ellen initially respond to the question Davydd asks her upon their first meeting?
(a) She laughs in his face.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She stares at him coldly.
(d) She slaps him.
3. How does Tertian fever affect people?
(a) It makes people break out in large hives.
(b) It dehydrates people through sweating too much.
(c) It returns every three days.
(d) It turns skin a dark yellow.
4. Who does Tudor get a confession from in Chapter 10 about who was involved in the murder plot?
(b) No one.
5. What city in Italy do Edmund and Edward meet in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hugh is rewarded for his loyalty by being assigned as __________ guard.
2. How does Hugh earn Brian's trust and friendship?
3. Who does Davydd plan to murder in Chapter 9?
4. Who is Edmund's wife?
5. Nell tells Amaury that she cannot die without securing _________ for Ellen.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is offered the second time Edward sends John over to a peace offering, and how is this offering received.
2. How does Ellen stand up to the lead pirate, Thomas?
3. How does King Edward punish Davydd?
4. What actions does Edward take in Chapter 22 to gain Llewelyn's trust and demonstrate that he plans to protect Llewelyn as his liege lord?
5. How is Ellen able to improve Llewelyn's mood for their wedding day?
6. What situations has the tension between Llewelyn and his brothers led to for some of the brothers?
7. What news does Elund surprise everyone with in Chapter 28?
8. Why does Julianna decide to leave in Chapter 33?
9. How does Edmund talk Edward into truly agreed to seek peace?
10. How does Abby find Hugh again at the end of the book?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)