|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the crew of Ellen's cog stranded in Chapter 14?
2. Where does Nell travel to in Chapter 8 to request help from King Edward?
3. How does Edward react to Simon's victory and capture of King Henry?
(a) He declares war on Simon.
(b) He surrenders to Simon.
(c) He doubles his guards around the castle.
(d) He prepares to flee the country.
4. Where does Hugh volunteer to lead the wounded individual he comes across in Chapter 1?
(a) Acros the mountains to Asia.
(b) Across the borders of Ireland.
(c) Across the ocean to America.
(d) Across the borders of Wales.
5. What does Hugh need to purchase in Chapter 14, but does not have the money?
(c) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assists Davydd in his murder plot in Chapter 9?
2. Who is Bran traveling to speak with when he dies?
3. What does Edward outlaw, which was a certain group of people's only source of income?
4. What does Ellen threaten Thomas with in Chapter 13?
5. Who/what advised Davydd in Chapter 9 to flee to England before he is charged with the murder plot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ellen realize in Chapter 13 that her role is between the feuding brothers?
2. How does Hugh show great loyalty to Ellen in Chapter 15?
3. Why does being injured in Chapter 6 end up making Edward even stronger?
4. Describe Ellen's travels in Chapter 12 to meet her husband.
5. Why is Davydd not completely trusted?
6. How and why does Davydd get married?
7. What does Llewelyn do in Chapter 11 when he realizes he desperately need a heir?
8. Who is Hugh de Whitton, and what is his role in the first chapter of the book?
9. What prisoner does Llewelyn speak with in Chapter 18, and why is that prisoner significant?
10. What is Amaury's connection to the de Montfort brothers?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)