|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following of Llewelyn's relatives is NOT buried at the Abby church?
(a) His sons.
(b) His wife, Joanna.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His daughters.
2. What battle occurred five years prior to the beginning of the novel?
3. King Edward summons Llewelyn to do homage to him as a __________ lord.
4. What type of lord in King Edward?
5. Hugh is rewarded for his loyalty by being assigned as __________ guard.
(a) Sir Olivier's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing in Amaury's prison cell?
2. Where does Hugh live in Chapter 1?
3. What does Edward return to Nell from her first marriage?
4. Once Davydd realizes his mistake upon meeting Ellen, what does he do to try and fix it?
5. Who is Llewelyn's niece who loves animals?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Abby symbolic in Chapter 18 of the end of something?
2. Who is Arwenna, and what happens to her in Chapter 7?
3. What prisoner does Llewelyn speak with in Chapter 18, and why is that prisoner significant?
4. How and why does Hugh gain Brian's trust?
5. When Llewelyn finally surrenders, what does he lose? Does he get to keep anything?
6. What happens after Bran leaves Guy in Chapter 5?
7. How is Hugh rewarded for his loyalty to Bran and Bran's family in Chapter 5?
8. How does Davydd defend himself to Llewelyn regarding the murder plot when they meet privately?
9. What does Ellen realize in Chapter 13 that her role is between the feuding brothers?
10. How does Edward, as the new King of England, respond to Nell's request for help?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)