|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Edward give Nell in Chapter 8 to make up for lost profit?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 2,000 pounds.
2. What request does Llewelyn send Nell in Chapter 11?
(a) To buy her land.
(b) To have her visit the castle.
(c) To marry Ellen.
(d) To help her financially.
3. What does Hugh need to purchase in Chapter 14, but does not have the money?
(a) A horse.
4. In Chapter 17, what does Ellen say is all she sees when she looks at Edward?
(b) Amaury in shackles.
(c) Her father.
(d) The devil.
5. What is the name of the cog Ellen sails on to meet Llewelyn?
(a) King Edward.
(b) Holy Cross.
(c) Celtic Cross.
(d) Bristol Cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first question Davydd ever asks Ellen?
2. How does Tertian fever affect people?
3. Who allows Simon's body to be mutilated?
4. What fatal condition does Nell suffer from?
5. Who is the youngest de Montfort brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Davydd defend himself to Llewelyn regarding the murder plot when they meet privately?
2. Why are Guy and Bran now outlaws?
3. What prisoner does Llewelyn speak with in Chapter 18, and why is that prisoner significant?
4. With what actions does Llewelyn respond in hearing the murder plot against him?
5. How does Edward, as the new King of England, respond to Nell's request for help?
6. How is Hugh rewarded for his loyalty to Bran and Bran's family in Chapter 5?
7. How is a messenger able to wound Edward in Chapter 6?
8. What does Ellen realize in Chapter 13 that her role is between the feuding brothers?
9. How does Ellen stand up to the lead pirate, Thomas?
10. Why does being injured in Chapter 6 end up making Edward even stronger?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)