|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edward outlaw, which was a certain group of people's only source of income?
(a) Contract work.
2. Who do Hugh and Hugh de Whitton encounter, wounded, in Chapter 1?
3. What fatal condition does Nell suffer from?
4. Who/what advised Davydd in Chapter 9 to flee to England before he is charged with the murder plot?
(a) An anonymous note.
(c) Own de la Pole.
5. What is the only thing Llewelyn is allowed to keep after surrendering?
(a) His title.
(b) His lords.
(c) His land.
(d) His castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Edward feel about Ellen pouring her glass out at Davydd's feet?
2. What city in Italy do Edmund and Edward meet in?
3. What is grown on the Island of Mon?
4. How many of the knights aboard Ellen's cog are killed in Chapter 13?
5. Why does Llewelyn make a sudden request of Nell in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why does Davydd get married?
2. What significance does London serve in Chapter 20?
3. Describe Davydd's murder plot, and why it does not work.
4. How and why does Hugh gain Brian's trust?
5. How does Davydd defend himself to Llewelyn regarding the murder plot when they meet privately?
6. How does Hugh show great loyalty to Ellen in Chapter 15?
7. Why is Davydd not completely trusted?
8. How does Hugh compare himself to the King in Chapter 15, and what is the outcome?
9. What does Nell express regrets about, and what does she want done before she dies?
10. What does Ellen want to sway Edward to do, and how is she advised to convince him?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)