|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hugh volunteer to lead the wounded individual he comes across in Chapter 1?
(a) Acros the mountains to Asia.
(b) Across the borders of Wales.
(c) Across the borders of Ireland.
(d) Across the ocean to America.
2. What was Prince Edward nicknamed in his childhood by his cousins?
3. How is Bran related to Simon?
(a) Simon is Bran's uncle.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) Simon is Bran's father.
(d) Bran is Simon's father.
4. Who does Tudor get a confession from in Chapter 10 about who was involved in the murder plot?
(c) No one.
5. How does Tertian fever affect people?
(a) It turns skin a dark yellow.
(b) It dehydrates people through sweating too much.
(c) It returns every three days.
(d) It makes people break out in large hives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hugh smuggle to Amaury, while Amaury is in jail?
2. What happens if Llewelyn were to agree to do homage to King Edward?
3. How long after Llewelyn contacts Nell in Chapter 11 does she die?
4. Who/what advised Davydd in Chapter 9 to flee to England before he is charged with the murder plot?
5. What is Llewelyn ap Gruffydd's title?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Amaury's connection to the de Montfort brothers?
2. With what actions does Llewelyn respond in hearing the murder plot against him?
3. How does Davydd defend himself to Llewelyn regarding the murder plot when they meet privately?
4. Who is Arwenna, and what happens to her in Chapter 7?
5. What is Amaury's prison experience like in Chapter 15?
6. How does Hugh show great loyalty to Ellen in Chapter 15?
7. When a confession is given, clearly connecting Davydd to the murder plot, how do Davydd and Llewelyn both react?
8. How does Edward, as the new King of England, respond to Nell's request for help?
9. Describe Davydd's murder plot, and why it does not work.
10. Why is Davydd not completely trusted?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)