|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Davydd feel about the land Edward rewards him with in Chapter 19?
2. What was built in Powys territory, which angered the Powys lords and England?
(a) Bristol Castle.
(b) Dolforwyn Castle.
(c) Shrewsbury Castle.
(d) Chester Castle.
3. How far does Hugh travel to tell Nell about Bran's death?
(a) More than 100 miles.
(b) More than 200 miles.
(c) More than 800 miles.
(d) More than 1,000 miles.
4. Where is diseased flesh cut away from Edward while he heals from his stab wound?
(a) His back.
(b) His thigh.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His arm.
5. What surprised does Ellen find out in Chapter 11?
(a) Nell is not her birth mother.
(b) Llewelyn wants to marry her.
(c) Edward wants to marry her.
(d) She has to sell her land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian suggest to Hugh to get the money he needs in Chapter 14?
2. Which of the following of Llewelyn's relatives is NOT buried at the Abby church?
3. What battle occurred five years prior to the beginning of the novel?
4. How much money does Edward give Nell in Chapter 8 to make up for lost profit?
5. Who loans Hugh money in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What significance does London serve in Chapter 20?
2. Describe the situation created for the Jews by Edward.
3. With what actions does Llewelyn respond in hearing the murder plot against him?
4. Who is Arwenna, and what happens to her in Chapter 7?
5. When a confession is given, clearly connecting Davydd to the murder plot, how do Davydd and Llewelyn both react?
6. How is Hugh rewarded for his loyalty to Bran and Bran's family in Chapter 5?
7. How does Llewelyn end up preparing for war in Chapter 11?
8. How is a messenger able to wound Edward in Chapter 6?
9. Why is Davydd not completely trusted?
10. How does Davydd defend himself to Llewelyn regarding the murder plot when they meet privately?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)