|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do knights begin to leave Bran, one-by-one in Chapter 5?
(a) He threatens to hurt them if they don't leave.
(b) He tells them to leave.
(c) He romes aimlessly.
(d) He is a tyrant.
2. In what condition is Rhys ap Gruffydd brought to Llewelnd in Chapter 19?
(a) Knocked out.
(b) Bleeding from whip marks.
(c) Hands died behind his back.
(d) In shackles.
3. In Chapter 17, the King marvels at Davydd's ability to do what?
(a) Train horses quickly.
(b) Handle is sword.
(c) Debate any topic well.
(d) Win over women.
4. What is a liege lord's duty?
(a) Create laws for protection.
(b) Protect all citizens.
(c) Protect the royal family.
(d) Protect the Vassal.
5. Hugh is rewarded for his loyalty by being assigned as __________ guard.
(a) Sir Olivier's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Llewelyn ap Gruffydd's title?
2. Which of the following of Llewelyn's relatives is NOT buried at the Abby church?
3. What is the only thing Llewelyn is allowed to keep after surrendering?
4. How does Llewelyn respond when Davydd asks if he would have believed it if someone had accused Tudur or Einion of the murder plot?
5. Where does Nell travel to in Chapter 8 to request help from King Edward?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Amaury's prison experience like in Chapter 15?
2. What significance does London serve in Chapter 20?
3. What does Llewelyn do in Chapter 11 when he realizes he desperately need a heir?
4. Describe the battle that the occurred five years prior to the beginning of the novel.
5. How does Hugh compare himself to the King in Chapter 15, and what is the outcome?
6. Why is Davydd not completely trusted?
7. Describe Ellen's travels in Chapter 12 to meet her husband.
8. How and why does Davydd get married?
9. What is Amaury's connection to the de Montfort brothers?
10. When a confession is given, clearly connecting Davydd to the murder plot, how do Davydd and Llewelyn both react?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)