|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What genre is this book?
(b) Historical fiction.
2. Who/what advised Davydd in Chapter 9 to flee to England before he is charged with the murder plot?
(a) Own de la Pole.
(c) An anonymous note.
3. How does Davydd feel about the land Edward rewards him with in Chapter 19?
4. Owen de la Pole is Gruffydd's ___________.
5. Which two characters are known as outlaws for murdering a cousin?
(a) Guy and Owain.
(b) Bran and Rhodri.
(c) Bran and Guy.
(d) Rhodri and Owain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ellen's cog decide to sail in winter?
2. What does Hugh smuggle to Amaury, while Amaury is in jail?
3. Where does Hugh volunteer to lead the wounded individual he comes across in Chapter 1?
4. In what castle does King Edward want Llewelyn to swear homage in?
5. Who brings Nell news of Hal's murder at the beginning of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Arwenna, and what happens to her in Chapter 7?
2. Who is Hugh de Whitton, and what is his role in the first chapter of the book?
3. Describe Ellen's travels in Chapter 12 to meet her husband.
4. How does Ellen stand up to the lead pirate, Thomas?
5. What does Llewelyn do in Chapter 11 when he realizes he desperately need a heir?
6. Why are Guy and Bran now outlaws?
7. What does Ellen want to sway Edward to do, and how is she advised to convince him?
8. What does Nell express regrets about, and what does she want done before she dies?
9. Describe Davydd's murder plot, and why it does not work.
10. Describe the situation created for the Jews by Edward.
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)