|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edmund's wife advise Ellen to do to get her way with Edward?
(b) Make demands.
2. Who brings Nell news of Hal's murder at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(b) Queen Marguerite.
3. Once Davydd realizes his mistake upon meeting Ellen, what does he do to try and fix it?
(a) Bows and apologizes.
(b) Changes the subject quickly to cover his embarassament.
(c) Toasts her.
(d) Kisses her hand and asks for forgiveness.
4. What was Prince Edward nicknamed in his childhood by his cousins?
5. What request does Llewelyn send Nell in Chapter 11?
(a) To help her financially.
(b) To have her visit the castle.
(c) To marry Ellen.
(d) To buy her land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is diseased flesh cut away from Edward while he heals from his stab wound?
2. What is grown on the Island of Mon?
3. What type of lord in King Edward?
4. How many witnesses does Llewelyn have against Davydd in the murder plot?
5. In Chapter 17, the King marvels at Davydd's ability to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Roger de Mortimer?
2. What is offered the second time Edward sends John over to a peace offering, and how is this offering received.
3. How and why does Davydd get married?
4. How does Caitlin tell Hugh her feelings about him, and how does he react?
5. Describe Ellen's travels in Chapter 12 to meet her husband.
6. Who is Hugh de Whitton, and what is his role in the first chapter of the book?
7. What situations has the tension between Llewelyn and his brothers led to for some of the brothers?
8. How and why does Hugh gain Brian's trust?
9. When a confession is given, clearly connecting Davydd to the murder plot, how do Davydd and Llewelyn both react?
10. What is unique about Nell de Montfort's living arrangement?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)