|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hugh is rewarded for his loyalty by being assigned as __________ guard.
(a) Sir Olivier's.
2. What does Edmund's wife advise Ellen to do to get her way with Edward?
(d) Make demands.
3. Where is the crew of Ellen's cog stranded in Chapter 14?
4. What is Amaury's profession?
5. What body of water does Ellen sail across to meet Llewelyn?
(a) The English Channel.
(b) The Bristol Channel.
(c) The North Sea.
(d) The Celtic Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ellen initially respond to the question Davydd asks her upon their first meeting?
2. What battle occurred five years prior to the beginning of the novel?
3. What does Edward outlaw, which was a certain group of people's only source of income?
4. King Edward summons Llewelyn to do homage to him as a __________ lord.
5. What is Simon de Montfort's relationship to Prince Edward?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Davydd and Ellen end up meeting?
2. Who is Hugh de Whitton, and what is his role in the first chapter of the book?
3. Who are the three crew members allowed to live in Chapter 13, and what happens to them?
4. Why are Guy and Bran now outlaws?
5. Why is Davydd not completely trusted?
6. How does Davydd defend himself to Llewelyn regarding the murder plot when they meet privately?
7. What is Amaury's connection to the de Montfort brothers?
8. How does Hugh show great loyalty to Ellen in Chapter 15?
9. How is the Abby symbolic in Chapter 18 of the end of something?
10. What is Amaury's prison experience like in Chapter 15?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)