|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hugh disguise himself as in order to find out more information about Ellen's situation in Chapter 15?
(a) A royal guard.
(b) A Friar.
(c) A gardener.
(d) A castle guard.
2. Where is diseased flesh cut away from Edward while he heals from his stab wound?
(a) His arm.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His back.
(d) His thigh.
3. What do Llewelyn and his brother fight over?
4. Who is Edmund's wife?
5. What duty is King Edward breaching in Chapter 11?
(a) His duty to protect all citizens equally.
(b) His liege lord duty.
(c) His vassal lord duty.
(d) His duty not to raise taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time period does the book cover?
2. What type of lord in King Edward?
3. What is Llewelyn ap Gruffydd's title?
4. What does Edmund's wife advise Ellen to do to get her way with Edward?
5. Who did Hugh's father die while fighting with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Bran leaves Guy in Chapter 5?
2. What is Amaury's prison experience like in Chapter 15?
3. When Llewelyn finally surrenders, what does he lose? Does he get to keep anything?
4. How does Edward, as the new King of England, respond to Nell's request for help?
5. What does Ellen want to sway Edward to do, and how is she advised to convince him?
6. How is the Abby symbolic in Chapter 18 of the end of something?
7. What situations has the tension between Llewelyn and his brothers led to for some of the brothers?
8. How and why does Davydd get married?
9. How is a messenger able to wound Edward in Chapter 6?
10. Describe Ellen's travels in Chapter 12 to meet her husband.
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)