|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who/what advised Davydd in Chapter 9 to flee to England before he is charged with the murder plot?
(a) An anonymous note.
(d) Own de la Pole.
2. Where has Owain been for 15 years?
3. Where does the King tell Hugh in Chapter 15 that he will be imprisoned?
(a) Chester Castle.
(b) Dolwyddelan Castle.
(c) Bristol Castle.
(d) Corfe Castle.
4. Why does Llewelyn make a sudden request of Nell in Chapter 11?
(a) He needs an heir.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He wants to expand his land.
(d) He feels guilty for the past.
5. What body of water does Ellen sail across to meet Llewelyn?
(a) The English Channel.
(b) The North Sea.
(c) The Bristol Channel.
(d) The Celtic Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hugh smuggle letters from to Ellen?
2. What is grown on the Island of Mon?
3. What genre is this book?
4. What fatal condition does Nell suffer from?
5. What does Hugh disguise himself as in order to find out more information about Ellen's situation in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the battle that the occurred five years prior to the beginning of the novel.
2. Why are Guy and Bran now outlaws?
3. Who are the three crew members allowed to live in Chapter 13, and what happens to them?
4. What is offered the second time Edward sends John over to a peace offering, and how is this offering received.
5. What is Edward's plan when he sends John Peckham to Llewelyn in Chapter 34?
6. How does Edmund talk Edward into truly agreed to seek peace?
7. What prisoner does Llewelyn speak with in Chapter 18, and why is that prisoner significant?
8. How does Caitlin tell Hugh her feelings about him, and how does he react?
9. How does Ellen stand up to the lead pirate, Thomas?
10. How is Hugh rewarded for his loyalty to Bran and Bran's family in Chapter 5?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)