|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Ellen learn that Edward will actually release her?
(b) When she agrees to marry him.
(c) When she gives birth to a son.
(d) When she recieves her royal wedding.
2. Who does Hugh fall in love with at first sight?
3. What is John Peckam the Archbishop of?
4. What does Caitlin come to Hugh disguised as?
(a) A monk.
(b) A man.
(c) A beggar.
(d) A pregnant woman.
5. What does the charter that Edward surprises Llewelyn with on his wedding say prevent Llewelyn from doing?
(a) Keeping his first born son.
(b) Declaring war on Edward at any time.
(c) Offering sanctuary to the King's enemies.
(d) Offering soldiers to the King's enemies.
6. Who are Davydd and his family traveling to see in Chapter 25?
7. Ellen explains to Llewelyn that she pretends to be nice to Edward only for ________'s sake.
(a) Her own.
8. What month does Edward set Llewelyn and Ellen's wedding date?
9. Where does Llewelyn meet Edward to discuss Rhodri's case?
(a) Chester castle.
(b) Westminster Castle.
(c) Rhuddlan Castle.
(d) Bristol Castle.
10. What crime is Davydd convicted of?
(b) Disloyalty to the king.
11. Who does Ellen give birth to?
(a) Twin girls.
(b) Twin boys.
(c) A boy.
(d) A girl.
12. The second time John Peckham comes to Llewelyn, what does he offer Llewelyn?
(a) English money.
(b) An English dukedom.
(c) An English earldom.
(d) An English surrender.
13. What word does Llewelyn finally receive regarding the King's decision on Arwystli?
(a) The King will split the land between himself and Llewelyn.
(b) The King will not abide by the treaty terms.
(c) The King has thrown the case out.
(d) The King will grand Llewelyn the land.
14. What is a second pet name Ellen calls Edward?
(b) Dear Ned.
(d) Dear cousin.
15. Who does Llewelyn think is using his name while planning a raid on the King's mines, which will begin the rebellion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Llewelyn come across on the road after fighting with Ellen?
2. When Llewelyn's hunters injure a stag and it moves onto English territory, how do the English react?
3. As Llewelyn continues to mourn Ellen, what sort of decisions is he making?
4. On which holy day does Davydd lead his attack?
5. How do Llewelyn's men treat Davydd after Llewelyn's death?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)