|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Davydd and his family taken to face King Edward?
(a) Dolwyddelan Castle.
(b) Rhuddlan castle.
(c) Chester castle.
(d) Corfe castle.
2. Why does Ellen avoid Llewelyn in Chapter 24?
(a) She has failed to become pregnant.
(b) He believes he is in love with someone else.
(c) She thinks he is mad at her.
(d) She is in love with someone else and afraid to face him.
3. Who helped Abby escape Wales?
(c) No one.
4. Who does not hold true during the truce of the peace negotiations in Chapter 34?
5. How long does Llewelyn stay away from home after he and Ellen have their first fight?
(a) Five days.
(b) One day.
(c) Four days.
(d) One week.
6. Who betrays Davydd and his family?
(a) The Welsh.
7. On which holy day does Davydd lead his attack?
(a) Ash Wednesday.
(b) Palm Sunday.
8. Who are Davydd and his family traveling to see in Chapter 25?
9. Where has Amaury been moved to in Chapter 25?
10. How do Llewelyn's men treat Davydd after Llewelyn's death?
(a) They will not rally behind him.
(b) They overpower him quickly.
(c) They blame him for Llewelyn's death.
(d) They support him 100%.
11. What is Llewelyn surprised he is allowed to do when he arrives at the tower in Chapter 21?
(a) Keep his weapon.
(b) Meet his wife.
(c) Give Edward a hug.
(d) Speak his mind.
12. How far away is King Edward when Davydd attacks a castle to start the war?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Two hundred miles.
(c) Two towns.
(d) Two days.
13. Llewelyn learns that his brother Rhodri has taken a(n) _________ wife.
14. What goes wrong during Ellen's delivery of her baby?
(a) The baby is breech.
(b) Excessive bleeding.
(d) The umbilical chord is wrapped around the baby's neck.
15. What does Ellen finally agree to do with Roger?
(a) Sign a peace treaty.
(b) Help him find a wife.
(c) Pretend to be his wife.
(d) Introduce him to Llewelyn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is present while Ellen is giving birth?
2. What does Ellen die of?
3. When Llewelyn's hunters injure a stag and it moves onto English territory, how do the English react?
4. What does Caitlin come to Hugh disguised as?
5. What group of people does the English court appear to be discriminating against?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)