|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who escorts Julianna to her destination after Ellen dies?
2. How does Ellen know Roger de Mortimer?
(a) He is her former husband.
(b) He used to court her.
(c) He is her long lost brother.
(d) He is her sworn enemy.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 38, why are Hugh and Amaury planning to go to Wales?
(a) To seek protection from Davydd.
(b) To confront Davydd.
(c) To get Caitlin.
(d) To join Davydd's war efforts.
4. What crime is Davydd convicted of?
(d) Disloyalty to the king.
5. How long does Davydd's trial last?
(a) One hour.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) One month.
6. Where does Julianna go after Ellen's death?
(d) To live alone in the woods.
7. What is the relationship between Hugh and Caitlin in Chapter 24?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) Good friends.
(c) They are courting.
(d) They are in love.
8. Ellen explains to Llewelyn that she pretends to be nice to Edward only for ________'s sake.
(b) Her own.
9. When Llewelyn and Davydd argue about part grievances in Chapter 24, what does Llewelyn think?
(a) Davydd is insincere and just making face.
(b) Maybe Davydd's regrets are honest.
(c) Davydd is lying to take advantage of him.
(d) He is unsure what to think.
10. Who files a suite against Llewelyn in Chapter 22?
11. The second time John Peckham comes to Llewelyn, what does he offer Llewelyn?
(a) An English earldom.
(b) An English dukedom.
(c) English money.
(d) An English surrender.
12. How do Llewelyn's men treat Davydd after Llewelyn's death?
(a) They will not rally behind him.
(b) They support him 100%.
(c) They blame him for Llewelyn's death.
(d) They overpower him quickly.
13. In Chapter 24, for what is Llewelyn having trouble receiving justice from the English courts?
(a) His claim against a former landlord.
(b) Negotiating for Ellen's family's land.
(c) Negotiating Amaury's freedom.
(d) His claim for Arwystli.
14. When Llewelyn's hunters injure a stag and it moves onto English territory, how do the English react?
(a) They steal the stag and beat the hunters.
(b) They shoot the stag and throw it back onto the hunter's land.
(c) They slaughter the stag and throw it back onto the hunter's land.
(d) They steal the stag and shoot at the hunters.
15. What does Caitlin do when she sees Hugh flirting with a girl in town in Chapter 29?
(a) Throws cider in his face.
(b) Slaps Hugh.
(c) Pushes the girl down.
(d) Runs away crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen die of?
2. What does John Peckham relay that Edward wants Davydd to join?
3. How long does Llewelyn stay away from home after he and Ellen have their first fight?
4. Where does Llewelyn meet Edward to discuss Rhodri's case?
5. What does Llewelyn do as he lie dying?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)