|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crime is Davydd convicted of?
(a) Disloyalty to the king.
2. Where does Llewelyn meet Edward to discuss Rhodri's case?
(a) Westminster Castle.
(b) Chester castle.
(c) Bristol Castle.
(d) Rhuddlan Castle.
3. Who does Llewelyn come across on the road after fighting with Ellen?
4. Llewelyn tells his men they must wait to go to war until when?
(a) The King is ill.
(b) The English attack first.
(c) The King is away.
(d) Llewelyn's son is born.
5. What is the relationship between Hugh and Caitlin in Chapter 24?
(a) Good friends.
(b) They hate each other.
(c) They are courting.
(d) They are in love.
6. What does Caitlin do when she sees Hugh flirting with a girl in town in Chapter 29?
(a) Runs away crying.
(b) Slaps Hugh.
(c) Throws cider in his face.
(d) Pushes the girl down.
7. What is one pet name Ellen calls Edward?
(d) King Ned.
8. Who escorts Julianna to her destination after Ellen dies?
9. Where is a bridge completed in Chapter 34?
(a) From Genoa to the Mainland.
(b) From Mon to Genoa.
(c) From the Minland to Chester.
(d) From Mon to the Mainland.
10. Who are Davydd and his family traveling to see in Chapter 25?
11. Where are Davydd and his family taken to face King Edward?
(a) Corfe castle.
(b) Chester castle.
(c) Dolwyddelan Castle.
(d) Rhuddlan castle.
12. What does the new Pope do for Amaury?
(a) Gets him a bigger and more comfortable cell.
(b) Moves him to a more comfortable prison.
(c) Visits him regularly in prison.
(d) Gets him out of prison.
13. What does Ellen finally agree to do with Roger?
(a) Introduce him to Llewelyn.
(b) Sign a peace treaty.
(c) Help him find a wife.
(d) Pretend to be his wife.
14. The second time John Peckham comes to Llewelyn, what does he offer Llewelyn?
(a) An English earldom.
(b) English money.
(c) An English surrender.
(d) An English dukedom.
15. Why does Edward reluctantly agree to make peace with Wales?
(a) He no longer believes he can win.
(b) Llewelyn's army is advancing.
(c) He wants to focus his efforts elsewhere.
(d) The war is too expensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Llewleyn and Davydd respond to Edward's second offers for peace?
2. What does Elund announce in Chapter 28?
3. How does Ellen know Roger de Mortimer?
4. What do Edward's men use the bridge for in Chapter 34?
5. What is Llewelyn and Ellen's first fight of their marriage about?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)