|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Llewelyn feel about meeting Edward at the tower to discuss Ellen's release?
2. When Llewelyn and Edward meet at the tower, when does Edward say he will release Ellen?
(d) He is not sure.
3. Who betrays Davydd and his family?
(a) The Welsh.
4. Who was John Peckam supposed to negotiate peace with?
5. What goes wrong during Ellen's delivery of her baby?
(a) The baby is breech.
(c) Excessive bleeding.
(d) The umbilical chord is wrapped around the baby's neck.
6. What does the new Pope do for Amaury?
(a) Gets him out of prison.
(b) Moves him to a more comfortable prison.
(c) Gets him a bigger and more comfortable cell.
(d) Visits him regularly in prison.
7. How long after the peace treaty and Llewelyn's surrender, does Edward established strongholds in Wales?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 10 months.
8. Ellen explains to Llewelyn that she pretends to be nice to Edward only for ________'s sake.
(c) Her own.
9. Where does Julianna go after Ellen's death?
(c) To live alone in the woods.
10. Who are Davydd and his family traveling to see in Chapter 25?
11. Where has Amaury been moved to in Chapter 25?
12. What do Edward's men use the bridge for in Chapter 34?
(a) To attack Llewewlyn's men from behind.
(b) To send women and children out of town and toward safety.
(c) To sneak extra supplies.
(d) To escape without being seen.
13. In Chapter 24, for what is Llewelyn having trouble receiving justice from the English courts?
(a) His claim for Arwystli.
(b) Negotiating for Ellen's family's land.
(c) Negotiating Amaury's freedom.
(d) His claim against a former landlord.
14. What is a second pet name Ellen calls Edward?
(b) Dear Ned.
(c) Dear cousin.
15. What does Llewelyn do to help Julianna get to her destination after Ellen's death?
(a) Prives her with extra money.
(b) Secures her safe passage through the war lands.
(c) Offers to go with her.
(d) Sends three guards to escort her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Llewelyn stay away from home after he and Ellen have their first fight?
2. What does Elund announce in Chapter 28?
3. What is Llewelyn surprised he is allowed to do when he arrives at the tower in Chapter 21?
4. Who files a suite against Llewelyn in Chapter 22?
5. By Chapter 26, how long has the church been without an appointed Pope?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)