|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Llewelyn learns that his brother Rhodri has taken a(n) _________ wife.
2. When Llewelyn and Edward meet at the tower, when does Edward say he will release Ellen?
(a) He is not sure.
3. What does Llewelyn do as he lie dying?
(a) Calls to Davydd for help.
(b) Repeats Ellen's name.
(c) Names his daughter his heir.
(d) Names Davydd his heir.
4. How long does Davydd's trial last?
(a) One week.
(b) One hour.
(c) One month.
(d) One day.
5. How far away is King Edward when Davydd attacks a castle to start the war?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Two towns.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two hundred miles.
6. What does Caitlin do when she sees Hugh flirting with a girl in town in Chapter 29?
(a) Slaps Hugh.
(b) Pushes the girl down.
(c) Runs away crying.
(d) Throws cider in his face.
7. Who does Hugh seek out in Chapter 33 to inform them of Ellen's death?
8. What goes wrong during Ellen's delivery of her baby?
(a) The baby is breech.
(c) Excessive bleeding.
(d) The umbilical chord is wrapped around the baby's neck.
9. What does Elund announce in Chapter 28?
(a) She doesn't want Hugh to see Caitlin anymore.
(b) She is divorcing Hugh.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is dying.
10. What do Ellen and Llewelyn decide to name their unborn child?
11. Where does Julianna go after Ellen's death?
(b) To live alone in the woods.
12. What group of people does the English court appear to be discriminating against?
13. What is the relationship between Hugh and Caitlin in Chapter 24?
(a) They are in love.
(b) Good friends.
(c) They are courting.
(d) They hate each other.
14. Where does Llewelyn meet Edward to discuss Rhodri's case?
(a) Chester castle.
(b) Bristol Castle.
(c) Westminster Castle.
(d) Rhuddlan Castle.
15. Why does Ellen avoid Llewelyn in Chapter 24?
(a) She has failed to become pregnant.
(b) He believes he is in love with someone else.
(c) She thinks he is mad at her.
(d) She is in love with someone else and afraid to face him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Peckham relay that Edward wants Davydd to join?
2. How do Llewelyn's men treat Davydd after Llewelyn's death?
3. How long does Llewelyn stay away from home after he and Ellen have their first fight?
4. In Chapter 24, for what is Llewelyn having trouble receiving justice from the English courts?
5. What does the new Pope do for Amaury?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)