|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was John Peckam supposed to negotiate peace with?
2. Who is present while Ellen is giving birth?
(a) Just her midwife.
(b) Her midwife, Juliana, Elizabeth, and Caitlin.
(c) Her midwife, Juliana and Elizabeth.
(d) Her midwife anad Llewelyn.
3. What does Caitlin come to Hugh disguised as?
(a) A monk.
(b) A man.
(c) A pregnant woman.
(d) A beggar.
4. Why does Edward reluctantly agree to make peace with Wales?
(a) Llewelyn's army is advancing.
(b) The war is too expensive.
(c) He no longer believes he can win.
(d) He wants to focus his efforts elsewhere.
5. What do Ellen and Llewelyn decide to name their unborn child?
6. Where is a bridge completed in Chapter 34?
(a) From Genoa to the Mainland.
(b) From the Minland to Chester.
(c) From Mon to Genoa.
(d) From Mon to the Mainland.
7. When Llewelyn and Edward meet at the tower, when does Edward say he will release Ellen?
(b) He is not sure.
8. Where does Julianna go after Ellen's death?
(c) To live alone in the woods.
9. Llewelyn tells his men they must wait to go to war until when?
(a) The English attack first.
(b) The King is ill.
(c) The King is away.
(d) Llewelyn's son is born.
10. Where does Llewelyn meet Edward to discuss Rhodri's case?
(a) Rhuddlan Castle.
(b) Bristol Castle.
(c) Westminster Castle.
(d) Chester castle.
11. What does Elund announce in Chapter 28?
(a) She is dying.
(b) She doesn't want Hugh to see Caitlin anymore.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is divorcing Hugh.
12. In Chapter 24, for what is Llewelyn having trouble receiving justice from the English courts?
(a) Negotiating Amaury's freedom.
(b) Negotiating for Ellen's family's land.
(c) His claim against a former landlord.
(d) His claim for Arwystli.
13. What causes Edward and Edmund to argue about the war in Chapter 34?
(a) The failed bridge attack.
(b) Llewelyn's army is advancing.
(c) Edmund wants to lead the war efforts.
(d) Edmund's brother-in-law is killed.
14. Who does Hugh fall in love with at first sight?
15. How does Amury repay Hugh for his loyalty?
(a) Makes Hugh and honorary monk.
(b) Gives Hugh gold.
(c) Gives him a manor.
(d) Marries Hugh and Caitlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after the peace treaty and Llewelyn's surrender, does Edward established strongholds in Wales?
2. What news does Caitlin bring Hugh when she shows up in disguise?
3. When Llewelyn and Davydd argue about part grievances in Chapter 24, what does Llewelyn think?
4. By Chapter 26, how long has the church been without an appointed Pope?
5. Who escorts Julianna to her destination after Ellen dies?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)