|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Llewelyn and Ellen's first fight of their marriage about?
(a) They are not sure.
(b) Roger de Mortimer.
(c) Llewelyn going to battle.
(d) Having children.
2. How far away is King Edward when Davydd attacks a castle to start the war?
(a) Two towns.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Two hundred miles.
3. What crime is Davydd convicted of?
(c) Disloyalty to the king.
4. What does Llewelyn do as he lie dying?
(a) Names Davydd his heir.
(b) Repeats Ellen's name.
(c) Calls to Davydd for help.
(d) Names his daughter his heir.
5. What news does Caitlin bring Hugh when she shows up in disguise?
(a) The war's end.
(b) Llewelyn's death.
(c) Her pregnancy.
(d) Her father's death.
6. What does Ellen die of?
(a) Thyphoid fever.
(b) Childbed fever.
(d) Scarlet fever.
7. Where will Elizabeth's sons live out the rest of their lives?
(a) Cofe Castle.
(b) Dolwyddelan Castle.
(c) Bristol Castle.
(d) Chester Castle.
8. How does Amury repay Hugh for his loyalty?
(a) Marries Hugh and Caitlin.
(b) Gives Hugh gold.
(c) Makes Hugh and honorary monk.
(d) Gives him a manor.
9. What does Llewelyn do to help Julianna get to her destination after Ellen's death?
(a) Prives her with extra money.
(b) Offers to go with her.
(c) Secures her safe passage through the war lands.
(d) Sends three guards to escort her.
10. What does Ellen finally agree to do with Roger?
(a) Introduce him to Llewelyn.
(b) Sign a peace treaty.
(c) Help him find a wife.
(d) Pretend to be his wife.
11. Who does not hold true during the truce of the peace negotiations in Chapter 34?
12. What punishment is NOT one that Davydd receives?
(a) He is disembowled.
(b) He is starved.
(c) He is beheaded.
(d) He is dragged behind horses.
13. Who helped Abby escape Wales?
(a) No one.
14. By Chapter 26, how long has the church been without an appointed Pope?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 year.
15. When does Ellen learn that Edward will actually release her?
(b) When she gives birth to a son.
(c) When she agrees to marry him.
(d) When she recieves her royal wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the charter that Edward surprises Llewelyn with on his wedding say prevent Llewelyn from doing?
2. Who are Davydd and his family traveling to see in Chapter 25?
3. Who does Hugh fall in love with at first sight?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 38, why are Hugh and Amaury planning to go to Wales?
5. How do Llewelyn's men treat Davydd after Llewelyn's death?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)