|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Llewelyn feel about meeting Edward at the tower to discuss Ellen's release?
2. What does Caitlin come to Hugh disguised as?
(a) A monk.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A man.
(d) A pregnant woman.
3. What month does Edward set Llewelyn and Ellen's wedding date?
4. What castle does Davydd attack to begin the war?
5. Why does Ellen avoid Llewelyn in Chapter 24?
(a) She has failed to become pregnant.
(b) She is in love with someone else and afraid to face him.
(c) She thinks he is mad at her.
(d) He believes he is in love with someone else.
6. Ellen explains to Llewelyn that she pretends to be nice to Edward only for ________'s sake.
(b) Her own.
7. What does Elund announce in Chapter 28?
(a) She is dying.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She doesn't want Hugh to see Caitlin anymore.
(d) She is divorcing Hugh.
8. What crime is Davydd convicted of?
(c) Disloyalty to the king.
9. How do Llewleyn and Davydd respond to Edward's second offers for peace?
(a) They laugh at the offer.
(b) They are offended.
(c) They accept the offer.
(d) They counter the offer.
10. Llewelyn learns that his brother Rhodri has taken a(n) _________ wife.
11. What punishment is NOT one that Davydd receives?
(a) He is starved.
(b) He is beheaded.
(c) He is dragged behind horses.
(d) He is disembowled.
12. In Chapter 24, for what is Llewelyn having trouble receiving justice from the English courts?
(a) His claim for Arwystli.
(b) His claim against a former landlord.
(c) Negotiating Amaury's freedom.
(d) Negotiating for Ellen's family's land.
13. What is Llewelyn and Ellen's first fight of their marriage about?
(a) They are not sure.
(b) Llewelyn going to battle.
(c) Roger de Mortimer.
(d) Having children.
14. Who does not hold true during the truce of the peace negotiations in Chapter 34?
15. How soon does Hugh marry the girl he falls in love with at first sight after meeting her?
(a) Two months later.
(b) Less than a month.
(c) Less than a year.
(d) Less than a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Hugh and Caitlin in Chapter 24?
2. When does Ellen learn that Edward will actually release her?
3. On which holy day does Davydd lead his attack?
4. How long does Llewelyn stay away from home after he and Ellen have their first fight?
5. What is John Peckam the Archbishop of?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)