|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group of people does the English court appear to be discriminating against?
2. Who helped Abby escape Wales?
(a) No one.
3. What does Llewelyn do as he lie dying?
(a) Names his daughter his heir.
(b) Repeats Ellen's name.
(c) Names Davydd his heir.
(d) Calls to Davydd for help.
4. When Llewelyn and Davydd argue about part grievances in Chapter 24, what does Llewelyn think?
(a) Davydd is insincere and just making face.
(b) Davydd is lying to take advantage of him.
(c) He is unsure what to think.
(d) Maybe Davydd's regrets are honest.
5. When Llewelyn's hunters injure a stag and it moves onto English territory, how do the English react?
(a) They shoot the stag and throw it back onto the hunter's land.
(b) They steal the stag and beat the hunters.
(c) They slaughter the stag and throw it back onto the hunter's land.
(d) They steal the stag and shoot at the hunters.
6. What does Ellen finally agree to do with Roger?
(a) Introduce him to Llewelyn.
(b) Help him find a wife.
(c) Pretend to be his wife.
(d) Sign a peace treaty.
7. Why does Edward reluctantly agree to make peace with Wales?
(a) He no longer believes he can win.
(b) The war is too expensive.
(c) He wants to focus his efforts elsewhere.
(d) Llewelyn's army is advancing.
8. How does Ellen know Roger de Mortimer?
(a) He is her sworn enemy.
(b) He is her former husband.
(c) He used to court her.
(d) He is her long lost brother.
9. What is John Peckam the Archbishop of?
10. Where does Julianna go after Ellen's death?
(a) To live alone in the woods.
11. What month does Edward set Llewelyn and Ellen's wedding date?
12. What does John Peckham relay that Edward wants Davydd to join?
(a) The English church.
(b) The crusades in the Holy Land.
(c) His team of advisors.
(d) The English army.
13. Where has Amaury been moved to in Chapter 25?
14. Who betrays Davydd and his family?
(d) The Welsh.
15. When Llewelyn and Edward meet at the tower, when does Edward say he will release Ellen?
(c) He is not sure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is present while Ellen is giving birth?
2. What does the charter that Edward surprises Llewelyn with on his wedding say prevent Llewelyn from doing?
3. What is one pet name Ellen calls Edward?
4. Where will Elizabeth's sons live out the rest of their lives?
5. What is Llewelyn and Ellen's first fight of their marriage about?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)