|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Llewelyn learns that his brother Rhodri has taken a(n) _________ wife.
2. What do Ellen and Llewelyn decide to name their unborn child?
3. Llewelyn tells his men they must wait to go to war until when?
(a) The King is ill.
(b) The English attack first.
(c) The King is away.
(d) Llewelyn's son is born.
4. What does Ellen finally agree to do with Roger?
(a) Pretend to be his wife.
(b) Introduce him to Llewelyn.
(c) Sign a peace treaty.
(d) Help him find a wife.
5. What does John Peckham relay that Edward wants Davydd to join?
(a) The English church.
(b) His team of advisors.
(c) The English army.
(d) The crusades in the Holy Land.
6. As Llewelyn continues to mourn Ellen, what sort of decisions is he making?
(b) He can't make any decisions.
7. By Chapter 26, how long has the church been without an appointed Pope?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 3 months.
8. How do Llewleyn and Davydd respond to Edward's second offers for peace?
(a) They counter the offer.
(b) They accept the offer.
(c) They laugh at the offer.
(d) They are offended.
9. What punishment is NOT one that Davydd receives?
(a) He is beheaded.
(b) He is dragged behind horses.
(c) He is disembowled.
(d) He is starved.
10. When Llewelyn and Edward meet at the tower, when does Edward say he will release Ellen?
(d) He is not sure.
11. Where has Amaury been moved to in Chapter 25?
12. Who does not hold true during the truce of the peace negotiations in Chapter 34?
13. What crime is Davydd convicted of?
(b) Disloyalty to the king.
14. Why does Ellen avoid Llewelyn in Chapter 24?
(a) He believes he is in love with someone else.
(b) She is in love with someone else and afraid to face him.
(c) She thinks he is mad at her.
(d) She has failed to become pregnant.
15. How does Llewelyn feel about meeting Edward at the tower to discuss Ellen's release?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is present while Ellen is giving birth?
2. What does Elund announce in Chapter 28?
3. Who does Hugh seek out in Chapter 33 to inform them of Ellen's death?
4. What castle does Davydd attack to begin the war?
5. Who does Llewelyn come across on the road after fighting with Ellen?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)