|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John Peckam the Archbishop of?
2. What is one pet name Ellen calls Edward?
(d) King Ned.
3. How soon does Hugh marry the girl he falls in love with at first sight after meeting her?
(a) Two months later.
(b) Less than a year.
(c) Less than a month.
(d) Less than a week.
4. Why does Edward reluctantly agree to make peace with Wales?
(a) The war is too expensive.
(b) Llewelyn's army is advancing.
(c) He no longer believes he can win.
(d) He wants to focus his efforts elsewhere.
5. How does Amury repay Hugh for his loyalty?
(a) Marries Hugh and Caitlin.
(b) Makes Hugh and honorary monk.
(c) Gives Hugh gold.
(d) Gives him a manor.
6. What does the new Pope do for Amaury?
(a) Visits him regularly in prison.
(b) Moves him to a more comfortable prison.
(c) Gets him a bigger and more comfortable cell.
(d) Gets him out of prison.
7. How does Llewelyn feel about meeting Edward at the tower to discuss Ellen's release?
8. When does Ellen learn that Edward will actually release her?
(a) When she agrees to marry him.
(c) When she gives birth to a son.
(d) When she recieves her royal wedding.
9. What is a second pet name Ellen calls Edward?
(c) Dear cousin.
(d) Dear Ned.
10. Where are Davydd and his family taken to face King Edward?
(a) Dolwyddelan Castle.
(b) Rhuddlan castle.
(c) Chester castle.
(d) Corfe castle.
11. In Chapter 24, for what is Llewelyn having trouble receiving justice from the English courts?
(a) Negotiating for Ellen's family's land.
(b) Negotiating Amaury's freedom.
(c) His claim against a former landlord.
(d) His claim for Arwystli.
12. Why does Ellen avoid Llewelyn in Chapter 24?
(a) She is in love with someone else and afraid to face him.
(b) She thinks he is mad at her.
(c) He believes he is in love with someone else.
(d) She has failed to become pregnant.
13. Who does Hugh fall in love with at first sight?
14. How do Llewelyn's men treat Davydd after Llewelyn's death?
(a) They support him 100%.
(b) They overpower him quickly.
(c) They will not rally behind him.
(d) They blame him for Llewelyn's death.
15. Where is a bridge completed in Chapter 34?
(a) From Mon to Genoa.
(b) From Mon to the Mainland.
(c) From Genoa to the Mainland.
(d) From the Minland to Chester.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Llewelyn do to help Julianna get to her destination after Ellen's death?
2. Who does Ellen give birth to?
3. What crime is Davydd convicted of?
4. Who was John Peckam supposed to negotiate peace with?
5. What group of people does the English court appear to be discriminating against?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)