|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the new Pope do for Amaury?
(a) Moves him to a more comfortable prison.
(b) Gets him out of prison.
(c) Gets him a bigger and more comfortable cell.
(d) Visits him regularly in prison.
2. Why does Ellen avoid Llewelyn in Chapter 24?
(a) She has failed to become pregnant.
(b) She is in love with someone else and afraid to face him.
(c) He believes he is in love with someone else.
(d) She thinks he is mad at her.
3. How does Ellen know Roger de Mortimer?
(a) He used to court her.
(b) He is her sworn enemy.
(c) He is her former husband.
(d) He is her long lost brother.
4. What does Caitlin come to Hugh disguised as?
(a) A man.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A monk.
(d) A pregnant woman.
5. As Llewelyn continues to mourn Ellen, what sort of decisions is he making?
(a) He can't make any decisions.
6. When does Ellen learn that Edward will actually release her?
(a) When she gives birth to a son.
(b) When she recieves her royal wedding.
(c) When she agrees to marry him.
7. Llewelyn learns that his brother Rhodri has taken a(n) _________ wife.
8. At the beginning of Chapter 38, why are Hugh and Amaury planning to go to Wales?
(a) To seek protection from Davydd.
(b) To join Davydd's war efforts.
(c) To get Caitlin.
(d) To confront Davydd.
9. What is Llewelyn and Ellen's first fight of their marriage about?
(a) Having children.
(b) Llewelyn going to battle.
(c) Roger de Mortimer.
(d) They are not sure.
10. On which holy day does Davydd lead his attack?
(b) Palm Sunday.
(d) Ash Wednesday.
11. What news does Caitlin bring Hugh when she shows up in disguise?
(a) The war's end.
(b) Her father's death.
(c) Llewelyn's death.
(d) Her pregnancy.
12. Llewelyn tells his men they must wait to go to war until when?
(a) Llewelyn's son is born.
(b) The King is ill.
(c) The English attack first.
(d) The King is away.
13. What is Llewelyn surprised he is allowed to do when he arrives at the tower in Chapter 21?
(a) Give Edward a hug.
(b) Meet his wife.
(c) Speak his mind.
(d) Keep his weapon.
14. What does Elund announce in Chapter 28?
(a) She is divorcing Hugh.
(b) She is dying.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She doesn't want Hugh to see Caitlin anymore.
15. What does Llewelyn do as he lie dying?
(a) Repeats Ellen's name.
(b) Calls to Davydd for help.
(c) Names his daughter his heir.
(d) Names Davydd his heir.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ellen and Llewelyn decide to name their unborn child?
2. What castle does Davydd attack to begin the war?
3. Who escorts Julianna to her destination after Ellen dies?
4. Why does Edward reluctantly agree to make peace with Wales?
5. What does John Peckham relay that Edward wants Davydd to join?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)