|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is present while Ellen is giving birth?
(a) Just her midwife.
(b) Her midwife, Juliana and Elizabeth.
(c) Her midwife anad Llewelyn.
(d) Her midwife, Juliana, Elizabeth, and Caitlin.
2. What is the relationship between Hugh and Caitlin in Chapter 24?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) They are courting.
(c) Good friends.
(d) They are in love.
3. The second time John Peckham comes to Llewelyn, what does he offer Llewelyn?
(a) English money.
(b) An English dukedom.
(c) An English surrender.
(d) An English earldom.
4. What word does Llewelyn finally receive regarding the King's decision on Arwystli?
(a) The King will grand Llewelyn the land.
(b) The King will split the land between himself and Llewelyn.
(c) The King has thrown the case out.
(d) The King will not abide by the treaty terms.
5. As Llewelyn continues to mourn Ellen, what sort of decisions is he making?
(a) He can't make any decisions.
6. Where has Amaury been moved to in Chapter 25?
7. What does John Peckham relay that Edward wants Davydd to join?
(a) The English army.
(b) The crusades in the Holy Land.
(c) The English church.
(d) His team of advisors.
8. Who does Hugh fall in love with at first sight?
9. What does Llewelyn do to help Julianna get to her destination after Ellen's death?
(a) Prives her with extra money.
(b) Sends three guards to escort her.
(c) Secures her safe passage through the war lands.
(d) Offers to go with her.
10. In Chapter 24, for what is Llewelyn having trouble receiving justice from the English courts?
(a) His claim against a former landlord.
(b) Negotiating for Ellen's family's land.
(c) His claim for Arwystli.
(d) Negotiating Amaury's freedom.
11. How long does Davydd's trial last?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) One hour.
(d) One day.
12. When Llewelyn and Davydd argue about part grievances in Chapter 24, what does Llewelyn think?
(a) Davydd is lying to take advantage of him.
(b) He is unsure what to think.
(c) Maybe Davydd's regrets are honest.
(d) Davydd is insincere and just making face.
13. Who was John Peckam supposed to negotiate peace with?
14. What causes Edward and Edmund to argue about the war in Chapter 34?
(a) Edmund's brother-in-law is killed.
(b) The failed bridge attack.
(c) Llewelyn's army is advancing.
(d) Edmund wants to lead the war efforts.
15. What crime is Davydd convicted of?
(b) Disloyalty to the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Llewelyn's hunters injure a stag and it moves onto English territory, how do the English react?
2. How does Llewelyn feel about meeting Edward at the tower to discuss Ellen's release?
3. How far away is King Edward when Davydd attacks a castle to start the war?
4. Who does Ellen give birth to?
5. What punishment is NOT one that Davydd receives?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)