|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month does Edward set Llewelyn and Ellen's wedding date?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 38, why are Hugh and Amaury planning to go to Wales?
(a) To seek protection from Davydd.
(b) To confront Davydd.
(c) To join Davydd's war efforts.
(d) To get Caitlin.
3. How does Amury repay Hugh for his loyalty?
(a) Gives Hugh gold.
(b) Marries Hugh and Caitlin.
(c) Gives him a manor.
(d) Makes Hugh and honorary monk.
4. When Llewelyn's hunters injure a stag and it moves onto English territory, how do the English react?
(a) They steal the stag and beat the hunters.
(b) They steal the stag and shoot at the hunters.
(c) They shoot the stag and throw it back onto the hunter's land.
(d) They slaughter the stag and throw it back onto the hunter's land.
5. How do Llewleyn and Davydd respond to Edward's second offers for peace?
(a) They laugh at the offer.
(b) They are offended.
(c) They counter the offer.
(d) They accept the offer.
6. When Llewelyn and Edward meet at the tower, when does Edward say he will release Ellen?
(d) He is not sure.
7. What crime is Davydd convicted of?
(d) Disloyalty to the king.
8. Why does Ellen avoid Llewelyn in Chapter 24?
(a) She has failed to become pregnant.
(b) He believes he is in love with someone else.
(c) She thinks he is mad at her.
(d) She is in love with someone else and afraid to face him.
9. What does the new Pope do for Amaury?
(a) Moves him to a more comfortable prison.
(b) Gets him out of prison.
(c) Gets him a bigger and more comfortable cell.
(d) Visits him regularly in prison.
10. What causes Edward and Edmund to argue about the war in Chapter 34?
(a) Edmund wants to lead the war efforts.
(b) Edmund's brother-in-law is killed.
(c) The failed bridge attack.
(d) Llewelyn's army is advancing.
11. What punishment is NOT one that Davydd receives?
(a) He is starved.
(b) He is disembowled.
(c) He is dragged behind horses.
(d) He is beheaded.
12. Who files a suite against Llewelyn in Chapter 22?
13. Who are Davydd and his family traveling to see in Chapter 25?
14. Who is present while Ellen is giving birth?
(a) Her midwife, Juliana and Elizabeth.
(b) Her midwife, Juliana, Elizabeth, and Caitlin.
(c) Just her midwife.
(d) Her midwife anad Llewelyn.
15. What does Elund announce in Chapter 28?
(a) She is divorcing Hugh.
(b) She doesn't want Hugh to see Caitlin anymore.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John Peckam the Archbishop of?
2. When Llewelyn and Davydd argue about part grievances in Chapter 24, what does Llewelyn think?
3. What word does Llewelyn finally receive regarding the King's decision on Arwystli?
4. Who does not hold true during the truce of the peace negotiations in Chapter 34?
5. Where is a bridge completed in Chapter 34?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)