|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Llewelyn and Edward meet at the tower, when does Edward say he will release Ellen?
(c) He is not sure.
2. What does John Peckham relay that Edward wants Davydd to join?
(a) His team of advisors.
(b) The English army.
(c) The crusades in the Holy Land.
(d) The English church.
3. What is one pet name Ellen calls Edward?
(b) King Ned.
4. Llewelyn tells his men they must wait to go to war until when?
(a) Llewelyn's son is born.
(b) The King is ill.
(c) The King is away.
(d) The English attack first.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 38, why are Hugh and Amaury planning to go to Wales?
(a) To confront Davydd.
(b) To get Caitlin.
(c) To join Davydd's war efforts.
(d) To seek protection from Davydd.
6. What is Llewelyn surprised he is allowed to do when he arrives at the tower in Chapter 21?
(a) Speak his mind.
(b) Meet his wife.
(c) Keep his weapon.
(d) Give Edward a hug.
7. What does the charter that Edward surprises Llewelyn with on his wedding say prevent Llewelyn from doing?
(a) Offering soldiers to the King's enemies.
(b) Declaring war on Edward at any time.
(c) Keeping his first born son.
(d) Offering sanctuary to the King's enemies.
8. How does Amury repay Hugh for his loyalty?
(a) Gives him a manor.
(b) Marries Hugh and Caitlin.
(c) Gives Hugh gold.
(d) Makes Hugh and honorary monk.
9. What do Ellen and Llewelyn decide to name their unborn child?
10. What group of people does the English court appear to be discriminating against?
11. How do Llewelyn's men treat Davydd after Llewelyn's death?
(a) They overpower him quickly.
(b) They support him 100%.
(c) They will not rally behind him.
(d) They blame him for Llewelyn's death.
12. Where is a bridge completed in Chapter 34?
(a) From Mon to the Mainland.
(b) From Genoa to the Mainland.
(c) From Mon to Genoa.
(d) From the Minland to Chester.
13. Who betrays Davydd and his family?
(b) The Welsh.
14. What castle does Davydd attack to begin the war?
15. Who does Hugh seek out in Chapter 33 to inform them of Ellen's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Amaury been moved to in Chapter 25?
2. When does Ellen learn that Edward will actually release her?
3. Why does Edward reluctantly agree to make peace with Wales?
4. How far away is King Edward when Davydd attacks a castle to start the war?
5. Where does Llewelyn meet Edward to discuss Rhodri's case?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)