|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Llewelyn's hunters injure a stag and it moves onto English territory, how do the English react?
(a) They slaughter the stag and throw it back onto the hunter's land.
(b) They shoot the stag and throw it back onto the hunter's land.
(c) They steal the stag and beat the hunters.
(d) They steal the stag and shoot at the hunters.
2. What group of people does the English court appear to be discriminating against?
3. When does Ellen learn that Edward will actually release her?
(a) When she agrees to marry him.
(b) When she gives birth to a son.
(c) When she recieves her royal wedding.
4. How long after the peace treaty and Llewelyn's surrender, does Edward established strongholds in Wales?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 9 months.
5. Who does Llewelyn come across on the road after fighting with Ellen?
6. How does Ellen know Roger de Mortimer?
(a) He is her former husband.
(b) He is her long lost brother.
(c) He is her sworn enemy.
(d) He used to court her.
7. How far away is King Edward when Davydd attacks a castle to start the war?
(a) Two towns.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Two hundred miles.
(d) Two days.
8. Why does Ellen avoid Llewelyn in Chapter 24?
(a) She thinks he is mad at her.
(b) He believes he is in love with someone else.
(c) She has failed to become pregnant.
(d) She is in love with someone else and afraid to face him.
9. Where has Amaury been moved to in Chapter 25?
10. Why does Edward reluctantly agree to make peace with Wales?
(a) The war is too expensive.
(b) He wants to focus his efforts elsewhere.
(c) He no longer believes he can win.
(d) Llewelyn's army is advancing.
11. What does Ellen die of?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(c) Childbed fever.
(d) Thyphoid fever.
12. Where are Davydd and his family taken to face King Edward?
(a) Rhuddlan castle.
(b) Corfe castle.
(c) Chester castle.
(d) Dolwyddelan Castle.
13. Where will Elizabeth's sons live out the rest of their lives?
(a) Cofe Castle.
(b) Bristol Castle.
(c) Dolwyddelan Castle.
(d) Chester Castle.
14. How long does Davydd's trial last?
(a) One month.
(b) One hour.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
15. Who is present while Ellen is giving birth?
(a) Just her midwife.
(b) Her midwife, Juliana and Elizabeth.
(c) Her midwife anad Llewelyn.
(d) Her midwife, Juliana, Elizabeth, and Caitlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, for what is Llewelyn having trouble receiving justice from the English courts?
2. What does the charter that Edward surprises Llewelyn with on his wedding say prevent Llewelyn from doing?
3. Who does Hugh fall in love with at first sight?
4. Who betrays Davydd and his family?
5. How does Llewelyn feel about meeting Edward at the tower to discuss Ellen's release?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)