|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one pet name Ellen calls Edward?
(a) King Ned.
2. What month does Edward set Llewelyn and Ellen's wedding date?
3. How do Llewleyn and Davydd respond to Edward's second offers for peace?
(a) They laugh at the offer.
(b) They counter the offer.
(c) They are offended.
(d) They accept the offer.
4. Ellen explains to Llewelyn that she pretends to be nice to Edward only for ________'s sake.
(b) Her own.
5. What goes wrong during Ellen's delivery of her baby?
(a) Excessive bleeding.
(b) The umbilical chord is wrapped around the baby's neck.
(d) The baby is breech.
6. Why does Ellen avoid Llewelyn in Chapter 24?
(a) She has failed to become pregnant.
(b) She thinks he is mad at her.
(c) She is in love with someone else and afraid to face him.
(d) He believes he is in love with someone else.
7. Where is a bridge completed in Chapter 34?
(a) From Mon to Genoa.
(b) From Mon to the Mainland.
(c) From Genoa to the Mainland.
(d) From the Minland to Chester.
8. What is Llewelyn and Ellen's first fight of their marriage about?
(a) They are not sure.
(b) Llewelyn going to battle.
(c) Roger de Mortimer.
(d) Having children.
9. What punishment is NOT one that Davydd receives?
(a) He is dragged behind horses.
(b) He is beheaded.
(c) He is disembowled.
(d) He is starved.
10. What does Llewelyn do to help Julianna get to her destination after Ellen's death?
(a) Offers to go with her.
(b) Prives her with extra money.
(c) Sends three guards to escort her.
(d) Secures her safe passage through the war lands.
11. Why does Edward reluctantly agree to make peace with Wales?
(a) He wants to focus his efforts elsewhere.
(b) Llewelyn's army is advancing.
(c) The war is too expensive.
(d) He no longer believes he can win.
12. Who does Hugh seek out in Chapter 33 to inform them of Ellen's death?
13. Where are Davydd and his family taken to face King Edward?
(a) Corfe castle.
(b) Chester castle.
(c) Dolwyddelan Castle.
(d) Rhuddlan castle.
14. How long does Davydd's trial last?
(a) One month.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) One hour.
15. What do Edward's men use the bridge for in Chapter 34?
(a) To sneak extra supplies.
(b) To send women and children out of town and toward safety.
(c) To attack Llewewlyn's men from behind.
(d) To escape without being seen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a second pet name Ellen calls Edward?
2. Who does Hugh fall in love with at first sight?
3. Where does Julianna go after Ellen's death?
4. Who does Ellen give birth to?
5. Who is present while Ellen is giving birth?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)