|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is present while Ellen is giving birth?
(a) Just her midwife.
(b) Her midwife, Juliana and Elizabeth.
(c) Her midwife, Juliana, Elizabeth, and Caitlin.
(d) Her midwife anad Llewelyn.
2. Where is a bridge completed in Chapter 34?
(a) From Genoa to the Mainland.
(b) From Mon to Genoa.
(c) From Mon to the Mainland.
(d) From the Minland to Chester.
3. When does Ellen learn that Edward will actually release her?
(a) When she recieves her royal wedding.
(c) When she gives birth to a son.
(d) When she agrees to marry him.
4. How do Llewleyn and Davydd respond to Edward's second offers for peace?
(a) They accept the offer.
(b) They laugh at the offer.
(c) They counter the offer.
(d) They are offended.
5. What goes wrong during Ellen's delivery of her baby?
(b) The umbilical chord is wrapped around the baby's neck.
(c) The baby is breech.
(d) Excessive bleeding.
6. Who does Llewelyn think is using his name while planning a raid on the King's mines, which will begin the rebellion?
7. What does Ellen finally agree to do with Roger?
(a) Introduce him to Llewelyn.
(b) Help him find a wife.
(c) Pretend to be his wife.
(d) Sign a peace treaty.
8. What does Caitlin do when she sees Hugh flirting with a girl in town in Chapter 29?
(a) Runs away crying.
(b) Throws cider in his face.
(c) Pushes the girl down.
(d) Slaps Hugh.
9. How soon does Hugh marry the girl he falls in love with at first sight after meeting her?
(a) Less than a month.
(b) Less than a year.
(c) Less than a week.
(d) Two months later.
10. What month does Edward set Llewelyn and Ellen's wedding date?
11. When Llewelyn's hunters injure a stag and it moves onto English territory, how do the English react?
(a) They steal the stag and beat the hunters.
(b) They slaughter the stag and throw it back onto the hunter's land.
(c) They steal the stag and shoot at the hunters.
(d) They shoot the stag and throw it back onto the hunter's land.
12. How do Llewelyn's men treat Davydd after Llewelyn's death?
(a) They blame him for Llewelyn's death.
(b) They support him 100%.
(c) They overpower him quickly.
(d) They will not rally behind him.
13. What do Edward's men use the bridge for in Chapter 34?
(a) To attack Llewewlyn's men from behind.
(b) To sneak extra supplies.
(c) To escape without being seen.
(d) To send women and children out of town and toward safety.
14. Why does Ellen avoid Llewelyn in Chapter 24?
(a) He believes he is in love with someone else.
(b) She has failed to become pregnant.
(c) She thinks he is mad at her.
(d) She is in love with someone else and afraid to face him.
15. Who does Hugh fall in love with at first sight?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Llewelyn do to help Julianna get to her destination after Ellen's death?
2. Who does Ellen give birth to?
3. How long after the peace treaty and Llewelyn's surrender, does Edward established strongholds in Wales?
4. What causes Edward and Edmund to argue about the war in Chapter 34?
5. What does Ellen die of?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)