|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ellen explains to Llewelyn that she pretends to be nice to Edward only for ________'s sake.
(a) Her own.
2. Who does Llewelyn come across on the road after fighting with Ellen?
3. Who files a suite against Llewelyn in Chapter 22?
4. What does Llewelyn do to help Julianna get to her destination after Ellen's death?
(a) Secures her safe passage through the war lands.
(b) Sends three guards to escort her.
(c) Prives her with extra money.
(d) Offers to go with her.
5. Why does Edward reluctantly agree to make peace with Wales?
(a) Llewelyn's army is advancing.
(b) He wants to focus his efforts elsewhere.
(c) He no longer believes he can win.
(d) The war is too expensive.
6. Where are Davydd and his family taken to face King Edward?
(a) Rhuddlan castle.
(b) Dolwyddelan Castle.
(c) Corfe castle.
(d) Chester castle.
7. Who does Hugh seek out in Chapter 33 to inform them of Ellen's death?
8. Who are Davydd and his family traveling to see in Chapter 25?
9. Where does Llewelyn meet Edward to discuss Rhodri's case?
(a) Chester castle.
(b) Westminster Castle.
(c) Rhuddlan Castle.
(d) Bristol Castle.
10. What do Ellen and Llewelyn decide to name their unborn child?
11. Who was John Peckam supposed to negotiate peace with?
12. How long does Llewelyn stay away from home after he and Ellen have their first fight?
(a) One day.
(b) One week.
(c) Four days.
(d) Five days.
13. Who helped Abby escape Wales?
(b) No one.
14. What does Ellen finally agree to do with Roger?
(a) Help him find a wife.
(b) Introduce him to Llewelyn.
(c) Pretend to be his wife.
(d) Sign a peace treaty.
15. How far away is King Edward when Davydd attacks a castle to start the war?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Two hundred miles.
(c) Two towns.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one pet name Ellen calls Edward?
2. What is the relationship between Hugh and Caitlin in Chapter 24?
3. How does Llewelyn feel about meeting Edward at the tower to discuss Ellen's release?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 38, why are Hugh and Amaury planning to go to Wales?
5. Why does Ellen avoid Llewelyn in Chapter 24?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)