|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which holy day does Davydd lead his attack?
(b) Palm Sunday.
(d) Ash Wednesday.
2. What group of people does the English court appear to be discriminating against?
3. Where is a bridge completed in Chapter 34?
(a) From Mon to Genoa.
(b) From the Minland to Chester.
(c) From Genoa to the Mainland.
(d) From Mon to the Mainland.
4. What is Llewelyn surprised he is allowed to do when he arrives at the tower in Chapter 21?
(a) Give Edward a hug.
(b) Keep his weapon.
(c) Speak his mind.
(d) Meet his wife.
5. What goes wrong during Ellen's delivery of her baby?
(a) Excessive bleeding.
(c) The baby is breech.
(d) The umbilical chord is wrapped around the baby's neck.
6. Who does Ellen give birth to?
(a) Twin boys.
(b) A boy.
(c) A girl.
(d) Twin girls.
7. What news does Caitlin bring Hugh when she shows up in disguise?
(a) Her pregnancy.
(b) Llewelyn's death.
(c) Her father's death.
(d) The war's end.
8. Who was John Peckam supposed to negotiate peace with?
9. Who is present while Ellen is giving birth?
(a) Her midwife, Juliana, Elizabeth, and Caitlin.
(b) Her midwife anad Llewelyn.
(c) Her midwife, Juliana and Elizabeth.
(d) Just her midwife.
10. What do Edward's men use the bridge for in Chapter 34?
(a) To sneak extra supplies.
(b) To escape without being seen.
(c) To send women and children out of town and toward safety.
(d) To attack Llewewlyn's men from behind.
11. What causes Edward and Edmund to argue about the war in Chapter 34?
(a) Edmund wants to lead the war efforts.
(b) Edmund's brother-in-law is killed.
(c) The failed bridge attack.
(d) Llewelyn's army is advancing.
12. Who does Hugh seek out in Chapter 33 to inform them of Ellen's death?
13. What does John Peckham relay that Edward wants Davydd to join?
(a) His team of advisors.
(b) The English army.
(c) The crusades in the Holy Land.
(d) The English church.
14. What does Ellen finally agree to do with Roger?
(a) Pretend to be his wife.
(b) Sign a peace treaty.
(c) Help him find a wife.
(d) Introduce him to Llewelyn.
15. In Chapter 24, for what is Llewelyn having trouble receiving justice from the English courts?
(a) His claim for Arwystli.
(b) His claim against a former landlord.
(c) Negotiating for Ellen's family's land.
(d) Negotiating Amaury's freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Llewelyn think is using his name while planning a raid on the King's mines, which will begin the rebellion?
2. What punishment is NOT one that Davydd receives?
3. What is one pet name Ellen calls Edward?
4. When does Ellen learn that Edward will actually release her?
5. How soon does Hugh marry the girl he falls in love with at first sight after meeting her?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)