|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who escorts Julianna to her destination after Ellen dies?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 38, why are Hugh and Amaury planning to go to Wales?
(a) To seek protection from Davydd.
(b) To join Davydd's war efforts.
(c) To confront Davydd.
(d) To get Caitlin.
3. Ellen explains to Llewelyn that she pretends to be nice to Edward only for ________'s sake.
(d) Her own.
4. Llewelyn learns that his brother Rhodri has taken a(n) _________ wife.
5. How do Llewelyn's men treat Davydd after Llewelyn's death?
(a) They overpower him quickly.
(b) They support him 100%.
(c) They blame him for Llewelyn's death.
(d) They will not rally behind him.
6. Who was John Peckam supposed to negotiate peace with?
7. What is a second pet name Ellen calls Edward?
(a) Dear Ned.
(b) Dear cousin.
8. How long does Davydd's trial last?
(a) One day.
(b) One month.
(c) One hour.
(d) One week.
9. What group of people does the English court appear to be discriminating against?
10. When Llewelyn's hunters injure a stag and it moves onto English territory, how do the English react?
(a) They steal the stag and beat the hunters.
(b) They shoot the stag and throw it back onto the hunter's land.
(c) They steal the stag and shoot at the hunters.
(d) They slaughter the stag and throw it back onto the hunter's land.
11. How long after the peace treaty and Llewelyn's surrender, does Edward established strongholds in Wales?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 10 months.
12. Who are Davydd and his family traveling to see in Chapter 25?
13. How far away is King Edward when Davydd attacks a castle to start the war?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Two hundred miles.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two towns.
14. What does Ellen die of?
(b) Thyphoid fever.
(c) Childbed fever.
(d) Scarlet fever.
15. What castle does Davydd attack to begin the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. On which holy day does Davydd lead his attack?
2. How does Amury repay Hugh for his loyalty?
3. Who does Llewelyn think is using his name while planning a raid on the King's mines, which will begin the rebellion?
4. Why does Edward reluctantly agree to make peace with Wales?
5. Who does Hugh seek out in Chapter 33 to inform them of Ellen's death?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)