|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ellen explains to Llewelyn that she pretends to be nice to Edward only for ________'s sake.
(d) Her own.
2. The second time John Peckham comes to Llewelyn, what does he offer Llewelyn?
(a) English money.
(b) An English earldom.
(c) An English surrender.
(d) An English dukedom.
3. Who files a suite against Llewelyn in Chapter 22?
4. How long does Davydd's trial last?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) One hour.
(d) One day.
5. What do Edward's men use the bridge for in Chapter 34?
(a) To attack Llewewlyn's men from behind.
(b) To sneak extra supplies.
(c) To send women and children out of town and toward safety.
(d) To escape without being seen.
6. Llewelyn tells his men they must wait to go to war until when?
(a) The King is away.
(b) The King is ill.
(c) The English attack first.
(d) Llewelyn's son is born.
7. Who does Ellen give birth to?
(a) Twin boys.
(b) A boy.
(c) A girl.
(d) Twin girls.
8. How soon does Hugh marry the girl he falls in love with at first sight after meeting her?
(a) Less than a month.
(b) Less than a year.
(c) Less than a week.
(d) Two months later.
9. How long after the peace treaty and Llewelyn's surrender, does Edward established strongholds in Wales?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 1 year.
10. How does Ellen know Roger de Mortimer?
(a) He is her sworn enemy.
(b) He used to court her.
(c) He is her former husband.
(d) He is her long lost brother.
11. What does John Peckham relay that Edward wants Davydd to join?
(a) The English army.
(b) The crusades in the Holy Land.
(c) His team of advisors.
(d) The English church.
12. How does Llewelyn feel about meeting Edward at the tower to discuss Ellen's release?
13. When Llewelyn and Edward meet at the tower, when does Edward say he will release Ellen?
(c) He is not sure.
14. What does Caitlin come to Hugh disguised as?
(a) A man.
(b) A monk.
(c) A pregnant woman.
(d) A beggar.
15. What is John Peckam the Archbishop of?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amury repay Hugh for his loyalty?
2. Where is a bridge completed in Chapter 34?
3. What punishment is NOT one that Davydd receives?
4. What does Caitlin do when she sees Hugh flirting with a girl in town in Chapter 29?
5. What does Llewelyn do as he lie dying?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)