|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Edward's men use the bridge for in Chapter 34?
(a) To escape without being seen.
(b) To send women and children out of town and toward safety.
(c) To attack Llewewlyn's men from behind.
(d) To sneak extra supplies.
2. Who is present while Ellen is giving birth?
(a) Her midwife, Juliana, Elizabeth, and Caitlin.
(b) Her midwife anad Llewelyn.
(c) Just her midwife.
(d) Her midwife, Juliana and Elizabeth.
3. How soon does Hugh marry the girl he falls in love with at first sight after meeting her?
(a) Less than a week.
(b) Less than a month.
(c) Two months later.
(d) Less than a year.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 38, why are Hugh and Amaury planning to go to Wales?
(a) To confront Davydd.
(b) To join Davydd's war efforts.
(c) To get Caitlin.
(d) To seek protection from Davydd.
5. What does Ellen finally agree to do with Roger?
(a) Introduce him to Llewelyn.
(b) Help him find a wife.
(c) Pretend to be his wife.
(d) Sign a peace treaty.
6. What does the charter that Edward surprises Llewelyn with on his wedding say prevent Llewelyn from doing?
(a) Offering sanctuary to the King's enemies.
(b) Keeping his first born son.
(c) Declaring war on Edward at any time.
(d) Offering soldiers to the King's enemies.
7. In Chapter 24, for what is Llewelyn having trouble receiving justice from the English courts?
(a) Negotiating Amaury's freedom.
(b) His claim for Arwystli.
(c) His claim against a former landlord.
(d) Negotiating for Ellen's family's land.
8. Why does Ellen avoid Llewelyn in Chapter 24?
(a) She is in love with someone else and afraid to face him.
(b) She has failed to become pregnant.
(c) He believes he is in love with someone else.
(d) She thinks he is mad at her.
9. Where does Julianna go after Ellen's death?
(c) To live alone in the woods.
10. What goes wrong during Ellen's delivery of her baby?
(b) The umbilical chord is wrapped around the baby's neck.
(c) The baby is breech.
(d) Excessive bleeding.
11. Who are Davydd and his family traveling to see in Chapter 25?
12. On which holy day does Davydd lead his attack?
(b) Ash Wednesday.
(d) Palm Sunday.
13. How does Llewelyn feel about meeting Edward at the tower to discuss Ellen's release?
14. Where is a bridge completed in Chapter 34?
(a) From Genoa to the Mainland.
(b) From the Minland to Chester.
(c) From Mon to the Mainland.
(d) From Mon to Genoa.
15. Llewelyn tells his men they must wait to go to war until when?
(a) The King is ill.
(b) The King is away.
(c) Llewelyn's son is born.
(d) The English attack first.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away is King Edward when Davydd attacks a castle to start the war?
2. What is John Peckam the Archbishop of?
3. What is a second pet name Ellen calls Edward?
4. How does Ellen know Roger de Mortimer?
5. How do Llewleyn and Davydd respond to Edward's second offers for peace?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)