|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ellen avoid Llewelyn in Chapter 24?
(a) He believes he is in love with someone else.
(b) She thinks he is mad at her.
(c) She has failed to become pregnant.
(d) She is in love with someone else and afraid to face him.
2. Llewelyn learns that his brother Rhodri has taken a(n) _________ wife.
3. When does Ellen learn that Edward will actually release her?
(a) When she recieves her royal wedding.
(b) When she gives birth to a son.
(d) When she agrees to marry him.
4. What group of people does the English court appear to be discriminating against?
5. Who are Davydd and his family traveling to see in Chapter 25?
6. What is Llewelyn and Ellen's first fight of their marriage about?
(a) Roger de Mortimer.
(b) Having children.
(c) Llewelyn going to battle.
(d) They are not sure.
7. In Chapter 24, for what is Llewelyn having trouble receiving justice from the English courts?
(a) His claim for Arwystli.
(b) Negotiating Amaury's freedom.
(c) His claim against a former landlord.
(d) Negotiating for Ellen's family's land.
8. The second time John Peckham comes to Llewelyn, what does he offer Llewelyn?
(a) An English surrender.
(b) An English earldom.
(c) English money.
(d) An English dukedom.
9. What castle does Davydd attack to begin the war?
10. What is the relationship between Hugh and Caitlin in Chapter 24?
(a) Good friends.
(b) They hate each other.
(c) They are in love.
(d) They are courting.
11. What punishment is NOT one that Davydd receives?
(a) He is disembowled.
(b) He is beheaded.
(c) He is dragged behind horses.
(d) He is starved.
12. What is one pet name Ellen calls Edward?
(c) King Ned.
13. Who does Llewelyn come across on the road after fighting with Ellen?
14. At the beginning of Chapter 38, why are Hugh and Amaury planning to go to Wales?
(a) To join Davydd's war efforts.
(b) To get Caitlin.
(c) To confront Davydd.
(d) To seek protection from Davydd.
15. Where does Llewelyn meet Edward to discuss Rhodri's case?
(a) Bristol Castle.
(b) Chester castle.
(c) Rhuddlan Castle.
(d) Westminster Castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a second pet name Ellen calls Edward?
2. Where does Julianna go after Ellen's death?
3. On which holy day does Davydd lead his attack?
4. How does Ellen know Roger de Mortimer?
5. What causes Edward and Edmund to argue about the war in Chapter 34?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)