|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the new Pope do for Amaury?
(a) Visits him regularly in prison.
(b) Moves him to a more comfortable prison.
(c) Gets him a bigger and more comfortable cell.
(d) Gets him out of prison.
2. How long does Llewelyn stay away from home after he and Ellen have their first fight?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) Five days.
(d) Four days.
3. When Llewelyn and Davydd argue about part grievances in Chapter 24, what does Llewelyn think?
(a) Davydd is lying to take advantage of him.
(b) He is unsure what to think.
(c) Maybe Davydd's regrets are honest.
(d) Davydd is insincere and just making face.
4. Who does not hold true during the truce of the peace negotiations in Chapter 34?
5. What does Ellen die of?
(b) Thyphoid fever.
(c) Scarlet fever.
(d) Childbed fever.
6. What goes wrong during Ellen's delivery of her baby?
(a) Excessive bleeding.
(b) The baby is breech.
(d) The umbilical chord is wrapped around the baby's neck.
7. What does Llewelyn do as he lie dying?
(a) Names Davydd his heir.
(b) Repeats Ellen's name.
(c) Calls to Davydd for help.
(d) Names his daughter his heir.
8. Llewelyn plans to make Roger de Mortimer his ________.
(d) First knight.
9. When Llewelyn's hunters injure a stag and it moves onto English territory, how do the English react?
(a) They steal the stag and beat the hunters.
(b) They shoot the stag and throw it back onto the hunter's land.
(c) They steal the stag and shoot at the hunters.
(d) They slaughter the stag and throw it back onto the hunter's land.
10. How soon does Hugh marry the girl he falls in love with at first sight after meeting her?
(a) Less than a month.
(b) Less than a year.
(c) Less than a week.
(d) Two months later.
11. What do Ellen and Llewelyn decide to name their unborn child?
12. What is Llewelyn and Ellen's first fight of their marriage about?
(a) Llewelyn going to battle.
(b) Having children.
(c) They are not sure.
(d) Roger de Mortimer.
13. How long does Davydd's trial last?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) One hour.
14. Who helped Abby escape Wales?
(b) No one.
15. What does Caitlin do when she sees Hugh flirting with a girl in town in Chapter 29?
(a) Throws cider in his face.
(b) Slaps Hugh.
(c) Pushes the girl down.
(d) Runs away crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. By Chapter 26, how long has the church been without an appointed Pope?
2. How far away is King Edward when Davydd attacks a castle to start the war?
3. How long after the peace treaty and Llewelyn's surrender, does Edward established strongholds in Wales?
4. Who does Llewelyn come across on the road after fighting with Ellen?
5. Why does Ellen avoid Llewelyn in Chapter 24?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)