|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of lord in King Edward?
2. How does Ellen initially respond to the question Davydd asks her upon their first meeting?
(a) She laughs in his face.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She stares at him coldly.
(d) She slaps him.
3. How does Tertian fever affect people?
(a) It makes people break out in large hives.
(b) It dehydrates people through sweating too much.
(c) It returns every three days.
(d) It turns skin a dark yellow.
4. Who does Tudor get a confession from in Chapter 10 about who was involved in the murder plot?
(b) No one.
5. What city in Italy do Edmund and Edward meet in?
6. Hugh is rewarded for his loyalty by being assigned as __________ guard.
(c) Sir Olivier's.
7. How does Hugh earn Brian's trust and friendship?
(a) By entrusting his own secret with Brian.
(b) By not acting superior.
(c) By keeping Brian's secret.
(d) Over many years of doing business together.
8. Who does Davydd plan to murder in Chapter 9?
9. Who is Edmund's wife?
10. Nell tells Amaury that she cannot die without securing _________ for Ellen.
11. Where does Nell travel to in Chapter 8 to request help from King Edward?
12. What is the name of the cog Ellen sails on to meet Llewelyn?
(a) King Edward.
(b) Celtic Cross.
(c) Holy Cross.
(d) Bristol Cross.
13. What is Llewelyn seeking to honor by asking Nell what he does in Chapter 11?
(a) His family's name.
(b) His vow to expand his kingdom.
(c) The plight troth he broke.
(d) A promise he made in childhood.
14. Who assists Davydd in his murder plot in Chapter 9?
(d) No one.
15. What is Simon de Montfort's relationship to Prince Edward?
(b) Second cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Edward react to Simon's victory and capture of King Henry?
2. Once Davydd realizes his mistake upon meeting Ellen, what does he do to try and fix it?
3. What does Edward interpret that God wants him to do?
4. What battle occurred five years prior to the beginning of the novel?
5. What is the only thing Llewelyn is allowed to keep after surrendering?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)