|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nell tell Amaury that all of her regrets in life are for ___________.
2. In what castle does King Edward want Llewelyn to swear homage in?
(a) Westminster Castle.
(b) Bristol Castle.
(c) Corfe Castle.
(d) Chester Castle.
3. What does Brian suggest to Hugh to get the money he needs in Chapter 14?
(a) Steal it.
(b) Offer to work someone's land for a week.
(c) Visit a Jewish money-lender.
(d) Visit a catholic money-lender.
4. Who does Hugh smuggle letters from to Ellen?
(a) Just Amaury.
(b) Llewelyn and Amaury.
(c) Just Llewelyn.
(d) No one.
5. In Chapter 18, Llewelyn still has hope that they can win the war, but he concedes that he fears God might be ________.
(c) Staying out of it.
6. What does Ellen threaten Thomas with in Chapter 13?
(a) She will scare his name forever across the land.
(b) She will kill him if Amaury dies.
(c) That she will tell Edward he tried to rape her.
(d) She will tell Edward he hit her.
7. In Chapter 17, what does Ellen say is all she sees when she looks at Edward?
(a) Her father.
(b) Amaury in shackles.
(d) The devil.
8. What was Rhys ap Gruffydd doing when he was caught?
(a) Escaping the country.
(b) Going to surrender to King Edward.
(c) Going to kidnap Ellen.
(d) Going to surrender to King Henry.
9. Nell tells Amaury that she cannot die without securing _________ for Ellen.
10. What type of lord in King Edward?
11. What group of people has Edward segregated?
(a) Catholic people.
(b) Jewish people.
(c) Non-religous people.
(d) Christian people.
12. What castle is Amaury taken to and put in prison?
13. What is Simon de Montfort's relationship to Prince Edward?
(d) Second cousins.
14. Who did Hugh's father die while fighting with?
15. Edmund Plantagenet is the ________ of Leicester and Lancaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what condition is Rhys ap Gruffydd brought to Llewelnd in Chapter 19?
2. Where does the King tell Hugh in Chapter 15 that he will be imprisoned?
3. How does Edward feel about Ellen pouring her glass out at Davydd's feet?
4. Who is Eleanora?
5. What does Edward interpret that God wants him to do?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)