|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of lord in King Edward?
2. Who is Elizabeth de Ferrers?
(a) Davydd's wife.
(b) King Edward's Cousin.
(c) All of these answers.
(d) The daughter of a rebel.
3. What is the name of the cog Ellen sails on to meet Llewelyn?
(a) King Edward.
(b) Holy Cross.
(c) Bristol Cross.
(d) Celtic Cross.
4. Where is diseased flesh cut away from Edward while he heals from his stab wound?
(a) His back.
(b) His arm.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His thigh.
5. What inhibits the murder plot in Chapter 9 from actually happening?
(a) Davydd gets too worried and calls it off.
(b) The plot is revealed too early and Llewelyn finds out.
(c) Lightening hitting the castle during a storm.
(d) Heavy rain and a mudslide.
6. Who brings Nell news of Hal's murder at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(d) Queen Marguerite.
7. How long after Llewelyn contacts Nell in Chapter 11 does she die?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two days.
8. How does Edward react to Simon's victory and capture of King Henry?
(a) He declares war on Simon.
(b) He doubles his guards around the castle.
(c) He prepares to flee the country.
(d) He surrenders to Simon.
9. Who is Llewelyn's niece who loves animals?
10. How many years was Davydd exiled for rebelling against Llewelyn the second time?
11. How does Ellen initially respond to the question Davydd asks her upon their first meeting?
(a) She slaps him.
(b) She stares at him coldly.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She laughs in his face.
12. Who does Hugh smuggle letters from to Ellen?
(a) Llewelyn and Amaury.
(b) Just Amaury.
(c) Just Llewelyn.
(d) No one.
13. In what condition is Rhys ap Gruffydd brought to Llewelnd in Chapter 19?
(a) Bleeding from whip marks.
(b) Knocked out.
(c) In shackles.
(d) Hands died behind his back.
14. What is the one thing Edward does NOT grant when Nell requests his help in Chapter 8?
(a) Land from her first marraige.
(c) For Amaury to be able to return to England.
(d) Her maiden name returned to her.
15. Where does Nell travel to in Chapter 8 to request help from King Edward?
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of people has Edward segregated?
2. Who did Hugh's father die while fighting with?
3. What battle occurred five years prior to the beginning of the novel?
4. Which of the following of Llewelyn's relatives is NOT buried at the Abby church?
5. Who allows Simon's body to be mutilated?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)