|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Edward give Nell in Chapter 8 to make up for lost profit?
(a) 200 pounds.
(b) 2,000 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
2. Who does Hugh owe his life to?
3. Which two characters are known as outlaws for murdering a cousin?
(a) Bran and Rhodri.
(b) Rhodri and Owain.
(c) Bran and Guy.
(d) Guy and Owain.
4. Why does Llewelyn make a sudden request of Nell in Chapter 11?
(a) He feels guilty for the past.
(b) He needs an heir.
(c) He wants to expand his land.
(d) He loves her.
5. What duty is King Edward breaching in Chapter 11?
(a) His duty to protect all citizens equally.
(b) His liege lord duty.
(c) His duty not to raise taxes.
(d) His vassal lord duty.
6. Who is Llewelyn's niece who loves animals?
7. How does Edward feel about Ellen pouring her glass out at Davydd's feet?
8. What is the name of the cog Ellen sails on to meet Llewelyn?
(a) Celtic Cross.
(b) Bristol Cross.
(c) King Edward.
(d) Holy Cross.
9. What inhibits the murder plot in Chapter 9 from actually happening?
(a) Heavy rain and a mudslide.
(b) The plot is revealed too early and Llewelyn finds out.
(c) Davydd gets too worried and calls it off.
(d) Lightening hitting the castle during a storm.
10. What does Ellen threaten Thomas with in Chapter 13?
(a) She will kill him if Amaury dies.
(b) She will scare his name forever across the land.
(c) She will tell Edward he hit her.
(d) That she will tell Edward he tried to rape her.
11. Where is the crew of Ellen's cog stranded in Chapter 14?
12. Why does Davydd single Ellen out initially to ask a question in Chapter 17?
(a) She is the only other person around.
(b) She is the prettiest girl around.
(c) He thinks he recognizes her.
(d) She looks friendly.
13. Who does Tudor get a confession from in Chapter 10 about who was involved in the murder plot?
(d) No one.
14. Who is Thomas the Archdeacon?
(a) The religious figure aboard the cog.
(b) The head knight.
(c) The lead pirate.
(d) The first mate.
15. How does Hugh earn Brian's trust and friendship?
(a) By entrusting his own secret with Brian.
(b) By keeping Brian's secret.
(c) By not acting superior.
(d) Over many years of doing business together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Amaury's profession?
2. In what condition is Rhys ap Gruffydd brought to Llewelnd in Chapter 19?
3. Who allows Simon's body to be mutilated?
4. Who stabs Edward in Chapter 6?
5. How far does Hugh travel to tell Nell about Bran's death?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)