|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Edward stabbed with in Chapter 6?
(a) A sharp stick.
(b) A poisoned dagger.
(c) A sharp rock.
(d) A large animal quill.
2. Where does Hugh volunteer to lead the wounded individual he comes across in Chapter 1?
(a) Across the ocean to America.
(b) Acros the mountains to Asia.
(c) Across the borders of Ireland.
(d) Across the borders of Wales.
3. What does Edward outlaw, which was a certain group of people's only source of income?
(d) Contract work.
4. How does Llewelyn respond when Davydd asks if he would have believed it if someone had accused Tudur or Einion of the murder plot?
(a) Llewelyn refuses to answer the question.
(b) Llewelyn hesitates so long that Davydd says his silence has already answered the question.
(c) Llewelyn says he would have made Tudor and Einoion answer defend themselves just like Davydd is.
(d) Llewelyn admits he would not have believed it; he trusts Tudor and Einion.
5. In Chapter 17, what does Ellen say is all she sees when she looks at Edward?
(a) Her father.
(c) Amaury in shackles.
(d) The devil.
6. How does Ellen initially respond to the question Davydd asks her upon their first meeting?
(a) She laughs in his face.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She stares at him coldly.
(d) She ignores him.
7. The story addresses royal houses from England and ________.
8. What is Llewelyn seeking to honor by asking Nell what he does in Chapter 11?
(a) The plight troth he broke.
(b) A promise he made in childhood.
(c) His family's name.
(d) His vow to expand his kingdom.
9. What is the only thing Llewelyn is allowed to keep after surrendering?
(a) His castle.
(b) His land.
(c) His lords.
(d) His title.
10. Who does Davydd plan to murder in Chapter 9?
11. Edward rewards Davydd with one half of Gwynedd to be divided between Davydd and ________.
(a) Davydd's wife.
(b) Davydd's son.
(c) Any individual of Davydd's choosing.
12. Why does Llewelyn make a sudden request of Nell in Chapter 11?
(a) He feels guilty for the past.
(b) He wants to expand his land.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He needs an heir.
13. What does Edward interpret that God wants him to do?
(a) Have many wives.
(b) Increase taxes.
(c) Expand England's land.
(d) Have many sons.
14. Who is Llewelyn's niece who loves animals?
15. Who/what advised Davydd in Chapter 9 to flee to England before he is charged with the murder plot?
(a) Own de la Pole.
(d) An anonymous note.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Llewelyn ap Gruffydd's title?
2. In Chapter 6, where is the messenger from who comes to see Edward?
3. Where does Simon win a large victory and capture King Henry?
4. How old is Hugh de Whitton in Chapter 1?
5. What was Prince Edward nicknamed in his childhood by his cousins?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)