|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tertian fever affect people?
(a) It returns every three days.
(b) It dehydrates people through sweating too much.
(c) It turns skin a dark yellow.
(d) It makes people break out in large hives.
2. Who do Hugh and Hugh de Whitton encounter, wounded, in Chapter 1?
3. Why does Davydd single Ellen out initially to ask a question in Chapter 17?
(a) He thinks he recognizes her.
(b) She is the prettiest girl around.
(c) She looks friendly.
(d) She is the only other person around.
4. Nell tells Amaury that she cannot die without securing _________ for Ellen.
5. What is the one thing Edward does NOT grant when Nell requests his help in Chapter 8?
(a) Her maiden name returned to her.
(b) Land from her first marraige.
(c) For Amaury to be able to return to England.
6. King Edward summons Llewelyn to do homage to him as a __________ lord.
7. In Chapter 17, what does Ellen say is all she sees when she looks at Edward?
(b) The devil.
(c) Amaury in shackles.
(d) Her father.
8. How is Bran related to Simon?
(a) Bran is Simon's father.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) Simon is Bran's father.
(d) Simon is Bran's uncle.
9. What does Edward interpret that God wants him to do?
(a) Expand England's land.
(b) Have many sons.
(c) Increase taxes.
(d) Have many wives.
10. How long after Llewelyn contacts Nell in Chapter 11 does she die?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Two months.
11. What was built in Powys territory, which angered the Powys lords and England?
(a) Chester Castle.
(b) Dolforwyn Castle.
(c) Shrewsbury Castle.
(d) Bristol Castle.
12. Who is Edmund's wife?
13. How does Hugh earn Brian's trust and friendship?
(a) By not acting superior.
(b) By keeping Brian's secret.
(c) Over many years of doing business together.
(d) By entrusting his own secret with Brian.
14. Hugh is rewarded for his loyalty by being assigned as __________ guard.
(c) Sir Olivier's.
15. What is the only thing in Amaury's prison cell?
(a) A small pallet.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A rat's nest.
(d) A small box.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Eleanora?
2. What is grown on the Island of Mon?
3. What inhibits the murder plot in Chapter 9 from actually happening?
4. Where is the crew of Ellen's cog stranded in Chapter 14?
5. What city in Italy do Edmund and Edward meet in?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)