|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hugh live in Chapter 1?
(a) With an uncle.
(b) Evesham Abby.
(c) Evesham countryside.
(d) Evenshire Abby.
2. The story addresses royal houses from England and ________.
3. Hugh is rewarded for his loyalty by being assigned as __________ guard.
(d) Sir Olivier's.
4. What genre is this book?
(b) Historical fiction.
5. Why does Edward believe he is blessed and doing 'God's work'?
(a) He saw a vision of God.
(b) God came to him in a dream.
(c) He is royalty.
(d) He didn't die from the stab wound.
6. What does Brian suggest to Hugh to get the money he needs in Chapter 14?
(a) Offer to work someone's land for a week.
(b) Steal it.
(c) Visit a Jewish money-lender.
(d) Visit a catholic money-lender.
7. Who is Elizabeth de Ferrers?
(a) Davydd's wife.
(b) The daughter of a rebel.
(c) King Edward's Cousin.
(d) All of these answers.
8. What do Llewelyn and his brother fight over?
9. What group of people has Edward segregated?
(a) Christian people.
(b) Catholic people.
(c) Jewish people.
(d) Non-religous people.
10. Who is Thomas the Archdeacon?
(a) The lead pirate.
(b) The head knight.
(c) The religious figure aboard the cog.
(d) The first mate.
11. What city in Italy do Edmund and Edward meet in?
12. How does Llewelyn respond when Davydd asks if he would have believed it if someone had accused Tudur or Einion of the murder plot?
(a) Llewelyn says he would have made Tudor and Einoion answer defend themselves just like Davydd is.
(b) Llewelyn refuses to answer the question.
(c) Llewelyn hesitates so long that Davydd says his silence has already answered the question.
(d) Llewelyn admits he would not have believed it; he trusts Tudor and Einion.
13. In Chapter 14, Edward _____________ the debts of Christians.
14. How many of the knights aboard Ellen's cog are killed in Chapter 13?
(a) All but two.
15. Who loans Hugh money in Chapter 14?
(a) Issac Ben Asher.
(b) Asher Ben Issac.
(c) Issac Asher-Ben.
(d) Ben Issac Asher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Llewelyn contacts Nell in Chapter 11 does she die?
2. What is Amaury's profession?
3. What was built in Powys territory, which angered the Powys lords and England?
4. What is grown on the Island of Mon?
5. What time period does the book cover?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)