|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the prison guards treat Amaury in Chapter 15?
(a) They feel guilty treating a priest poorly, but follow orders to do so.
(b) With pity and kindness.
(c) They taunt him.
(d) They starve him and prod him with sticks.
2. Once Davydd realizes his mistake upon meeting Ellen, what does he do to try and fix it?
(a) Kisses her hand and asks for forgiveness.
(b) Bows and apologizes.
(c) Toasts her.
(d) Changes the subject quickly to cover his embarassament.
3. How is Bran related to Simon?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) Simon is Bran's father.
(c) Simon is Bran's uncle.
(d) Bran is Simon's father.
4. Who assists Davydd in his murder plot in Chapter 9?
(d) No one.
5. Who allows Simon's body to be mutilated?
6. How long after Llewelyn contacts Nell in Chapter 11 does she die?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Two days.
7. In Chapter 17, what does Ellen say is all she sees when she looks at Edward?
(b) Amaury in shackles.
(c) The devil.
(d) Her father.
8. Why does Davydd single Ellen out initially to ask a question in Chapter 17?
(a) She looks friendly.
(b) He thinks he recognizes her.
(c) She is the only other person around.
(d) She is the prettiest girl around.
9. Nell tells Amaury that she cannot die without securing _________ for Ellen.
10. How does Edward feel about Ellen pouring her glass out at Davydd's feet?
11. What is the only thing Llewelyn is allowed to keep after surrendering?
(a) His castle.
(b) His land.
(c) His title.
(d) His lords.
12. Who brings Nell news of Hal's murder at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(b) Queen Marguerite.
13. Why do knights begin to leave Bran, one-by-one in Chapter 5?
(a) He romes aimlessly.
(b) He is a tyrant.
(c) He tells them to leave.
(d) He threatens to hurt them if they don't leave.
14. What does Hugh need to purchase in Chapter 14, but does not have the money?
(b) A horse.
15. What time period does the book cover?
(a) 1271 and 1283
(b) 1271 - 1283.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Llewelyn respond when Davydd asks if he would have believed it if someone had accused Tudur or Einion of the murder plot?
2. Who loans Hugh money in Chapter 14?
3. How many years was Davydd exiled for rebelling against Llewelyn the second time?
4. How does Edward react to Simon's victory and capture of King Henry?
5. Which of the following of Llewelyn's relatives is NOT buried at the Abby church?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)