|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Eleanora?
(a) Edward's wife.
(b) Edmund's wife.
(c) Edward and Edmund's cousin.
(d) Edward and Edmund's sister.
2. What does Ellen threaten Thomas with in Chapter 13?
(a) That she will tell Edward he tried to rape her.
(b) She will scare his name forever across the land.
(c) She will kill him if Amaury dies.
(d) She will tell Edward he hit her.
3. What surprised does Ellen find out in Chapter 11?
(a) Nell is not her birth mother.
(b) Llewelyn wants to marry her.
(c) Edward wants to marry her.
(d) She has to sell her land.
4. What does Hugh smuggle to Amaury, while Amaury is in jail?
(a) Food and an extra blanket.
(b) Rosary beads, a Bible, and some bread.
(c) Books, candles, and basic necessities.
(d) A warmer robe, paper, and a pencil.
5. In what castle does King Edward want Llewelyn to swear homage in?
(a) Bristol Castle.
(b) Chester Castle.
(c) Westminster Castle.
(d) Corfe Castle.
6. What is Llewelyn seeking to honor by asking Nell what he does in Chapter 11?
(a) His family's name.
(b) His vow to expand his kingdom.
(c) A promise he made in childhood.
(d) The plight troth he broke.
7. The story addresses royal houses from England and ________.
8. King Edward summons Llewelyn to do homage to him as a __________ lord.
9. Where is diseased flesh cut away from Edward while he heals from his stab wound?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His back.
(c) His arm.
(d) His thigh.
10. What does Brian suggest to Hugh to get the money he needs in Chapter 14?
(a) Steal it.
(b) Visit a Jewish money-lender.
(c) Visit a catholic money-lender.
(d) Offer to work someone's land for a week.
11. What group of people has Edward segregated?
(a) Non-religous people.
(b) Christian people.
(c) Catholic people.
(d) Jewish people.
12. How does Llewelyn respond when Davydd asks if he would have believed it if someone had accused Tudur or Einion of the murder plot?
(a) Llewelyn admits he would not have believed it; he trusts Tudor and Einion.
(b) Llewelyn refuses to answer the question.
(c) Llewelyn hesitates so long that Davydd says his silence has already answered the question.
(d) Llewelyn says he would have made Tudor and Einoion answer defend themselves just like Davydd is.
13. What is the only thing Llewelyn is allowed to keep after surrendering?
(a) His lords.
(b) His castle.
(c) His land.
(d) His title.
14. Why does Ellen's cog decide to sail in winter?
(a) Lower prices to ride on the cog.
(b) The cog does better in colder water.
(c) The water will be lower and easier to navigate.
(d) Lower chance of being attacked by pirates.
15. What is a liege lord's duty?
(a) Protect the Vassal.
(b) Protect all citizens.
(c) Create laws for protection.
(d) Protect the royal family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Edmund's wife?
2. Where does the King tell Hugh in Chapter 15 that he will be imprisoned?
3. What request does Llewelyn send Nell in Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 18, Llewelyn still has hope that they can win the war, but he concedes that he fears God might be ________.
5. Who is Elizabeth de Ferrers?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)