|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who/what advised Davydd in Chapter 9 to flee to England before he is charged with the murder plot?
(c) An anonymous note.
(d) Own de la Pole.
2. What battle occurred five years prior to the beginning of the novel?
3. What does Hugh disguise himself as in order to find out more information about Ellen's situation in Chapter 15?
(a) A Friar.
(b) A gardener.
(c) A royal guard.
(d) A castle guard.
4. What is a liege lord's duty?
(a) Protect the royal family.
(b) Protect all citizens.
(c) Create laws for protection.
(d) Protect the Vassal.
5. What fatal condition does Nell suffer from?
6. Who does Davydd plan to murder in Chapter 9?
7. What request does Llewelyn send Nell in Chapter 11?
(a) To have her visit the castle.
(b) To marry Ellen.
(c) To buy her land.
(d) To help her financially.
8. How long after Llewelyn contacts Nell in Chapter 11 does she die?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Two days.
9. Which two characters are known as outlaws for murdering a cousin?
(a) Bran and Guy.
(b) Bran and Rhodri.
(c) Guy and Owain.
(d) Rhodri and Owain.
10. What is the name of the cog Ellen sails on to meet Llewelyn?
(a) King Edward.
(b) Holy Cross.
(c) Bristol Cross.
(d) Celtic Cross.
11. How does Hugh earn Brian's trust and friendship?
(a) By entrusting his own secret with Brian.
(b) By keeping Brian's secret.
(c) Over many years of doing business together.
(d) By not acting superior.
12. Hugh is rewarded for his loyalty by being assigned as __________ guard.
(a) Sir Olivier's.
13. Where does the King tell Hugh in Chapter 15 that he will be imprisoned?
(a) Corfe Castle.
(b) Dolwyddelan Castle.
(c) Bristol Castle.
(d) Chester Castle.
14. What was Prince Edward nicknamed in his childhood by his cousins?
15. Why does Edward believe he is blessed and doing 'God's work'?
(a) God came to him in a dream.
(b) He is royalty.
(c) He didn't die from the stab wound.
(d) He saw a vision of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ellen's cog decide to sail in winter?
2. Edward rewards Davydd with one half of Gwynedd to be divided between Davydd and ________.
3. Where is diseased flesh cut away from Edward while he heals from his stab wound?
4. After hearing the confession of who was behind the plot to murder him, Llewelyn burns Gruffydd's castle at ________ to the ground and claims the Powys lands.
5. What does Edward outlaw, which was a certain group of people's only source of income?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)