|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following of Llewelyn's relatives is NOT buried at the Abby church?
(a) His sons.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His daughters.
(d) His wife, Joanna.
2. Who loans Hugh money in Chapter 14?
(a) Issac Asher-Ben.
(b) Asher Ben Issac.
(c) Issac Ben Asher.
(d) Ben Issac Asher.
3. What does Hugh need to purchase in Chapter 14, but does not have the money?
(c) A horse.
4. What happens if Llewelyn were to agree to do homage to King Edward?
(a) He would avoid being sent to jail.
(b) He would be allowed to live in the castle again.
(c) He would be highly respected by all members of society.
(d) He would look weak to his enemies and to the king.
5. Who does Hugh owe his life to?
6. The story addresses royal houses from England and ________.
7. What do Llewelyn and his brother fight over?
8. How does Edward react to Simon's victory and capture of King Henry?
(a) He declares war on Simon.
(b) He prepares to flee the country.
(c) He surrenders to Simon.
(d) He doubles his guards around the castle.
9. Where has Owain been for 15 years?
10. What is the name of the cog Ellen sails on to meet Llewelyn?
(a) Celtic Cross.
(b) Holy Cross.
(c) Bristol Cross.
(d) King Edward.
11. Why does Llewelyn make a sudden request of Nell in Chapter 11?
(a) He wants to expand his land.
(b) He feels guilty for the past.
(c) He needs an heir.
(d) He loves her.
12. How many of the knights aboard Ellen's cog are killed in Chapter 13?
(a) All but two.
13. Why does Edward believe he is blessed and doing 'God's work'?
(a) He is royalty.
(b) God came to him in a dream.
(c) He saw a vision of God.
(d) He didn't die from the stab wound.
14. What is Edward stabbed with in Chapter 6?
(a) A sharp stick.
(b) A large animal quill.
(c) A sharp rock.
(d) A poisoned dagger.
15. After hearing the confession of who was behind the plot to murder him, Llewelyn burns Gruffydd's castle at ________ to the ground and claims the Powys lands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city in Italy do Edmund and Edward meet in?
2. What group of people has Edward segregated?
3. What battle occurred five years prior to the beginning of the novel?
4. What genre is this book?
5. How does Edward feel about Ellen pouring her glass out at Davydd's feet?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)