|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inhibits the murder plot in Chapter 9 from actually happening?
(a) Davydd gets too worried and calls it off.
(b) Lightening hitting the castle during a storm.
(c) The plot is revealed too early and Llewelyn finds out.
(d) Heavy rain and a mudslide.
2. What was built in Powys territory, which angered the Powys lords and England?
(a) Bristol Castle.
(b) Dolforwyn Castle.
(c) Chester Castle.
(d) Shrewsbury Castle.
3. How is Bran related to Simon?
(a) Bran is Simon's father.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) Simon is Bran's uncle.
(d) Simon is Bran's father.
4. Who is Bran traveling to speak with when he dies?
(d) The pope.
5. What happens if Llewelyn were to agree to do homage to King Edward?
(a) He would be highly respected by all members of society.
(b) He would look weak to his enemies and to the king.
(c) He would avoid being sent to jail.
(d) He would be allowed to live in the castle again.
6. How does Edward feel about Ellen pouring her glass out at Davydd's feet?
7. How does Hugh earn Brian's trust and friendship?
(a) Over many years of doing business together.
(b) By not acting superior.
(c) By entrusting his own secret with Brian.
(d) By keeping Brian's secret.
8. How does Edward react to Simon's victory and capture of King Henry?
(a) He prepares to flee the country.
(b) He surrenders to Simon.
(c) He declares war on Simon.
(d) He doubles his guards around the castle.
9. What is Amaury's profession?
10. What time period does the book cover?
(a) 1271 - 1283.
(c) 1271 and 1283
11. Which two characters are known as outlaws for murdering a cousin?
(a) Bran and Guy.
(b) Guy and Owain.
(c) Rhodri and Owain.
(d) Bran and Rhodri.
12. What is Simon de Montfort's relationship to Prince Edward?
(b) Second cousins.
13. What does Edward return to Nell from her first marriage?
(b) A house.
(d) Her maiden name.
14. What is Llewelyn seeking to honor by asking Nell what he does in Chapter 11?
(a) The plight troth he broke.
(b) His vow to expand his kingdom.
(c) A promise he made in childhood.
(d) His family's name.
15. Owen de la Pole is Gruffydd's ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ellen's cog decide to sail in winter?
2. What is the first question Davydd ever asks Ellen?
3. Who is Eleanora?
4. Who brings Nell news of Hal's murder at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What request does Llewelyn send Nell in Chapter 11?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)