|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, Llewelyn still has hope that they can win the war, but he concedes that he fears God might be ________.
(b) Staying out of it.
2. Edmund Plantagenet is the ________ of Leicester and Lancaster.
3. What does Hugh smuggle to Amaury, while Amaury is in jail?
(a) Books, candles, and basic necessities.
(b) Food and an extra blanket.
(c) A warmer robe, paper, and a pencil.
(d) Rosary beads, a Bible, and some bread.
4. After hearing the confession of who was behind the plot to murder him, Llewelyn burns Gruffydd's castle at ________ to the ground and claims the Powys lands.
5. In Chapter 17, the King marvels at Davydd's ability to do what?
(a) Handle is sword.
(b) Train horses quickly.
(c) Win over women.
(d) Debate any topic well.
6. Where is the crew of Ellen's cog stranded in Chapter 14?
7. What is the one thing Edward does NOT grant when Nell requests his help in Chapter 8?
(a) For Amaury to be able to return to England.
(c) Her maiden name returned to her.
(d) Land from her first marraige.
8. What battle occurred five years prior to the beginning of the novel?
9. Who does Hugh owe his life to?
10. What castle is Ellen taken to at the end of Chapter 13?
11. What does Edward outlaw, which was a certain group of people's only source of income?
(a) Contract work.
12. How far does Hugh travel to tell Nell about Bran's death?
(a) More than 1,000 miles.
(b) More than 100 miles.
(c) More than 800 miles.
(d) More than 200 miles.
13. Where has Owain been for 15 years?
14. In what condition is Rhys ap Gruffydd brought to Llewelnd in Chapter 19?
(a) Bleeding from whip marks.
(b) Hands died behind his back.
(c) In shackles.
(d) Knocked out.
15. How does Tertian fever affect people?
(a) It makes people break out in large hives.
(b) It turns skin a dark yellow.
(c) It returns every three days.
(d) It dehydrates people through sweating too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is grown on the Island of Mon?
2. How do the prison guards treat Amaury in Chapter 15?
3. Edward rewards Davydd with one half of Gwynedd to be divided between Davydd and ________.
4. Who/what advised Davydd in Chapter 9 to flee to England before he is charged with the murder plot?
5. What does Edward return to Nell from her first marriage?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)