|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hugh disguise himself as in order to find out more information about Ellen's situation in Chapter 15?
(a) A royal guard.
(b) A Friar.
(c) A castle guard.
(d) A gardener.
2. What request does Llewelyn send Nell in Chapter 11?
(a) To marry Ellen.
(b) To help her financially.
(c) To buy her land.
(d) To have her visit the castle.
3. Who is Edmund's wife?
4. Who assists Davydd in his murder plot in Chapter 9?
(b) No one.
5. King Edward summons Llewelyn to do homage to him as a __________ lord.
6. Who allows Simon's body to be mutilated?
7. Where has Owain been for 15 years?
8. What is Llewelyn seeking to honor by asking Nell what he does in Chapter 11?
(a) The plight troth he broke.
(b) A promise he made in childhood.
(c) His vow to expand his kingdom.
(d) His family's name.
9. Where does Simon win a large victory and capture King Henry?
10. In Chapter 18, Llewelyn still has hope that they can win the war, but he concedes that he fears God might be ________.
(c) Staying out of it.
11. What is Amaury's profession?
12. Who is the youngest de Montfort brother?
13. Where does Nell travel to in Chapter 8 to request help from King Edward?
14. Why does Llewelyn make a sudden request of Nell in Chapter 11?
(a) He needs an heir.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He feels guilty for the past.
(d) He wants to expand his land.
15. What does Edward return to Nell from her first marriage?
(a) Her maiden name.
(b) A house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bran traveling to speak with when he dies?
2. What does Hugh smuggle to Amaury, while Amaury is in jail?
3. What castle is Amaury taken to and put in prison?
4. How does Davydd feel about the land Edward rewards him with in Chapter 19?
5. What city in Italy do Edmund and Edward meet in?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)