|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bran traveling to speak with when he dies?
(d) The pope.
2. In what condition is Rhys ap Gruffydd brought to Llewelnd in Chapter 19?
(a) Hands died behind his back.
(b) In shackles.
(c) Bleeding from whip marks.
(d) Knocked out.
3. Who is Elizabeth de Ferrers?
(a) The daughter of a rebel.
(b) Davydd's wife.
(c) King Edward's Cousin.
(d) All of these answers.
4. Who is Edmund's wife?
5. What was Prince Edward nicknamed in his childhood by his cousins?
6. How many of the knights aboard Ellen's cog are killed in Chapter 13?
(a) All but two.
7. Hugh is rewarded for his loyalty by being assigned as __________ guard.
(a) Sir Olivier's.
8. What is the first question Davydd ever asks Ellen?
(a) What she thinks she doing.
(b) If she admires him.
(c) What women look for in a man.
(d) If she knows where his brother is.
9. Who brings Nell news of Hal's murder at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(d) Queen Marguerite.
10. What was built in Powys territory, which angered the Powys lords and England?
(a) Chester Castle.
(b) Bristol Castle.
(c) Shrewsbury Castle.
(d) Dolforwyn Castle.
11. What is Edward stabbed with in Chapter 6?
(a) A poisoned dagger.
(b) A large animal quill.
(c) A sharp stick.
(d) A sharp rock.
12. Why does Davydd single Ellen out initially to ask a question in Chapter 17?
(a) She is the only other person around.
(b) She is the prettiest girl around.
(c) She looks friendly.
(d) He thinks he recognizes her.
13. What does Hugh disguise himself as in order to find out more information about Ellen's situation in Chapter 15?
(a) A gardener.
(b) A royal guard.
(c) A Friar.
(d) A castle guard.
14. What duty is King Edward breaching in Chapter 11?
(a) His duty to protect all citizens equally.
(b) His liege lord duty.
(c) His duty not to raise taxes.
(d) His vassal lord duty.
15. What is Simon de Montfort's relationship to Prince Edward?
(d) Second cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tertian fever affect people?
2. How long does Davydd remind Llewelyn that he served on his counsel and was welcomed in his court without a falling out?
3. What is the one thing Edward does NOT grant when Nell requests his help in Chapter 8?
4. What request does Llewelyn send Nell in Chapter 11?
5. Who is Thomas the Archdeacon?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)