|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ellen initially respond to the question Davydd asks her upon their first meeting?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She stares at him coldly.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She laughs in his face.
2. What battle occurred five years prior to the beginning of the novel?
3. What is a liege lord's duty?
(a) Protect all citizens.
(b) Protect the Vassal.
(c) Create laws for protection.
(d) Protect the royal family.
4. What surprised does Ellen find out in Chapter 11?
(a) Llewelyn wants to marry her.
(b) Nell is not her birth mother.
(c) Edward wants to marry her.
(d) She has to sell her land.
5. What does Edward interpret that God wants him to do?
(a) Have many sons.
(b) Expand England's land.
(c) Increase taxes.
(d) Have many wives.
6. In what castle does King Edward want Llewelyn to swear homage in?
(a) Chester Castle.
(b) Corfe Castle.
(c) Bristol Castle.
(d) Westminster Castle.
7. Nell tells Amaury that she cannot die without securing _________ for Ellen.
8. What does Edward outlaw, which was a certain group of people's only source of income?
(a) Contract work.
9. Where does Simon win a large victory and capture King Henry?
10. Owen de la Pole is Gruffydd's ___________.
11. Once Davydd realizes his mistake upon meeting Ellen, what does he do to try and fix it?
(a) Kisses her hand and asks for forgiveness.
(b) Bows and apologizes.
(c) Toasts her.
(d) Changes the subject quickly to cover his embarassament.
12. What happens if Llewelyn were to agree to do homage to King Edward?
(a) He would avoid being sent to jail.
(b) He would be highly respected by all members of society.
(c) He would look weak to his enemies and to the king.
(d) He would be allowed to live in the castle again.
13. Who stabs Edward in Chapter 6?
(a) The messenger.
(b) Edward stabs himself.
(c) An unknown man.
(d) One of his guards.
14. How far does Hugh travel to tell Nell about Bran's death?
(a) More than 1,000 miles.
(b) More than 100 miles.
(c) More than 200 miles.
(d) More than 800 miles.
15. Which of the following of Llewelyn's relatives is NOT buried at the Abby church?
(a) His daughters.
(b) His wife, Joanna.
(c) His sons.
(d) His grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who/what advised Davydd in Chapter 9 to flee to England before he is charged with the murder plot?
2. How does Davydd feel about the land Edward rewards him with in Chapter 19?
3. How many witnesses does Llewelyn have against Davydd in the murder plot?
4. Nell tell Amaury that all of her regrets in life are for ___________.
5. What inhibits the murder plot in Chapter 9 from actually happening?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)