|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hugh earn Brian's trust and friendship?
(a) By entrusting his own secret with Brian.
(b) Over many years of doing business together.
(c) By keeping Brian's secret.
(d) By not acting superior.
2. What does Edmund's wife advise Ellen to do to get her way with Edward?
(d) Make demands.
3. Owen de la Pole is Gruffydd's ___________.
4. Which two characters are known as outlaws for murdering a cousin?
(a) Bran and Guy.
(b) Rhodri and Owain.
(c) Bran and Rhodri.
(d) Guy and Owain.
5. Where does Hugh live in Chapter 1?
(a) Evenshire Abby.
(b) With an uncle.
(c) Evesham countryside.
(d) Evesham Abby.
6. In Chapter 17, the King marvels at Davydd's ability to do what?
(a) Win over women.
(b) Train horses quickly.
(c) Handle is sword.
(d) Debate any topic well.
7. In what condition is Rhys ap Gruffydd brought to Llewelnd in Chapter 19?
(a) Bleeding from whip marks.
(b) Hands died behind his back.
(c) Knocked out.
(d) In shackles.
8. What does Edward interpret that God wants him to do?
(a) Increase taxes.
(b) Expand England's land.
(c) Have many wives.
(d) Have many sons.
9. Who assists Davydd in his murder plot in Chapter 9?
(a) No one.
10. Hugh is rewarded for his loyalty by being assigned as __________ guard.
(c) Sir Olivier's.
11. Once Davydd realizes his mistake upon meeting Ellen, what does he do to try and fix it?
(a) Bows and apologizes.
(b) Toasts her.
(c) Kisses her hand and asks for forgiveness.
(d) Changes the subject quickly to cover his embarassament.
12. How does Ellen initially respond to the question Davydd asks her upon their first meeting?
(a) She stares at him coldly.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She laughs in his face.
13. Nell tell Amaury that all of her regrets in life are for ___________.
14. How old is Hugh de Whitton in Chapter 1?
15. What city in Italy do Edmund and Edward meet in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What inhibits the murder plot in Chapter 9 from actually happening?
2. What was built in Powys territory, which angered the Powys lords and England?
3. What is a liege lord's duty?
4. Who does Hugh smuggle letters from to Ellen?
5. How many years was Davydd exiled for rebelling against Llewelyn the second time?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)