|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body of water does Ellen sail across to meet Llewelyn?
(a) The Bristol Channel.
(b) The English Channel.
(c) The North Sea.
(d) The Celtic Sea.
2. What castle is Ellen taken to at the end of Chapter 13?
3. What is Edward stabbed with in Chapter 6?
(a) A large animal quill.
(b) A sharp rock.
(c) A sharp stick.
(d) A poisoned dagger.
4. Where does Nell travel to in Chapter 8 to request help from King Edward?
5. Where does Hugh volunteer to lead the wounded individual he comes across in Chapter 1?
(a) Acros the mountains to Asia.
(b) Across the borders of Wales.
(c) Across the ocean to America.
(d) Across the borders of Ireland.
6. What time period does the book cover?
(b) 1271 - 1283.
(c) 1271 and 1283
7. What does Edward outlaw, which was a certain group of people's only source of income?
(d) Contract work.
8. In Chapter 18, Llewelyn still has hope that they can win the war, but he concedes that he fears God might be ________.
(d) Staying out of it.
9. What is Simon de Montfort's relationship to Prince Edward?
(d) Second cousins.
10. After hearing the confession of who was behind the plot to murder him, Llewelyn burns Gruffydd's castle at ________ to the ground and claims the Powys lands.
11. What happens if Llewelyn were to agree to do homage to King Edward?
(a) He would look weak to his enemies and to the king.
(b) He would avoid being sent to jail.
(c) He would be highly respected by all members of society.
(d) He would be allowed to live in the castle again.
12. Who is Elizabeth de Ferrers?
(a) All of these answers.
(b) King Edward's Cousin.
(c) The daughter of a rebel.
(d) Davydd's wife.
13. How do the prison guards treat Amaury in Chapter 15?
(a) With pity and kindness.
(b) They taunt him.
(c) They starve him and prod him with sticks.
(d) They feel guilty treating a priest poorly, but follow orders to do so.
14. How many witnesses does Llewelyn have against Davydd in the murder plot?
15. In Chapter 17, the King marvels at Davydd's ability to do what?
(a) Train horses quickly.
(b) Debate any topic well.
(c) Handle is sword.
(d) Win over women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who allows Simon's body to be mutilated?
2. Who is Eleanora?
3. What is the one thing Edward does NOT grant when Nell requests his help in Chapter 8?
4. How old is Hugh de Whitton in Chapter 1?
5. What group of people has Edward segregated?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)