Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the knights aboard Ellen's cog are killed in Chapter 13?
(d) All but two.
2. What does Edward interpret that God wants him to do?
(a) Have many wives.
(b) Expand England's land.
(c) Have many sons.
(d) Increase taxes.
3. What time period does the book cover?
(c) 1271 and 1283
(d) 1271 - 1283.
4. What castle is Ellen taken to at the end of Chapter 13?
5. What duty is King Edward breaching in Chapter 11?
(a) His duty not to raise taxes.
(b) His liege lord duty.
(c) His duty to protect all citizens equally.
(d) His vassal lord duty.
6. What group of people has Edward segregated?
(a) Catholic people.
(b) Christian people.
(c) Non-religous people.
(d) Jewish people.
7. Which two characters are known as outlaws for murdering a cousin?
(a) Rhodri and Owain.
(b) Bran and Rhodri.
(c) Guy and Owain.
(d) Bran and Guy.
8. Where has Owain been for 15 years?
9. Why does Llewelyn make a sudden request of Nell in Chapter 11?
(a) He wants to expand his land.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He needs an heir.
(d) He feels guilty for the past.
10. Why does Davydd single Ellen out initially to ask a question in Chapter 17?
(a) He thinks he recognizes her.
(b) She is the only other person around.
(c) She is the prettiest girl around.
(d) She looks friendly.
11. Who stabs Edward in Chapter 6?
(a) Edward stabs himself.
(b) The messenger.
(c) An unknown man.
(d) One of his guards.
12. Who is Edmund's wife?
13. What does Hugh need to purchase in Chapter 14, but does not have the money?
(b) A horse.
14. Who does Hugh owe his life to?
15. What does Ellen threaten Thomas with in Chapter 13?
(a) She will scare his name forever across the land.
(b) That she will tell Edward he tried to rape her.
(c) She will tell Edward he hit her.
(d) She will kill him if Amaury dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Davydd realizes his mistake upon meeting Ellen, what does he do to try and fix it?
2. What happens if Llewelyn were to agree to do homage to King Edward?
3. Who assists Davydd in his murder plot in Chapter 9?
4. What surprised does Ellen find out in Chapter 11?
5. What does Hugh smuggle to Amaury, while Amaury is in jail?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)