|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edward return to Nell from her first marriage?
(a) Her maiden name.
(b) A house.
2. Who does Hugh smuggle letters from to Ellen?
(a) Just Amaury.
(b) Llewelyn and Amaury.
(c) Just Llewelyn.
(d) No one.
3. Who is Eleanora?
(a) Edward's wife.
(b) Edmund's wife.
(c) Edward and Edmund's cousin.
(d) Edward and Edmund's sister.
4. What is a liege lord's duty?
(a) Protect the royal family.
(b) Create laws for protection.
(c) Protect the Vassal.
(d) Protect all citizens.
5. Hugh is rewarded for his loyalty by being assigned as __________ guard.
(c) Sir Olivier's.
6. What does Edward outlaw, which was a certain group of people's only source of income?
(a) Contract work.
7. What does Hugh need to purchase in Chapter 14, but does not have the money?
(b) A horse.
8. How does Edward feel about Ellen pouring her glass out at Davydd's feet?
9. How does Davydd feel about the land Edward rewards him with in Chapter 19?
10. Who is Thomas the Archdeacon?
(a) The first mate.
(b) The religious figure aboard the cog.
(c) The head knight.
(d) The lead pirate.
11. How much money does Edward give Nell in Chapter 8 to make up for lost profit?
(a) 200 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 2,000 pounds.
12. Why do knights begin to leave Bran, one-by-one in Chapter 5?
(a) He tells them to leave.
(b) He is a tyrant.
(c) He romes aimlessly.
(d) He threatens to hurt them if they don't leave.
13. Who/what advised Davydd in Chapter 9 to flee to England before he is charged with the murder plot?
(a) An anonymous note.
(c) Own de la Pole.
14. What duty is King Edward breaching in Chapter 11?
(a) His duty to protect all citizens equally.
(b) His vassal lord duty.
(c) His liege lord duty.
(d) His duty not to raise taxes.
15. What was built in Powys territory, which angered the Powys lords and England?
(a) Shrewsbury Castle.
(b) Dolforwyn Castle.
(c) Chester Castle.
(d) Bristol Castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Llewelyn's niece who loves animals?
2. What does Brian suggest to Hugh to get the money he needs in Chapter 14?
3. Who brings Nell news of Hal's murder at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. Where is diseased flesh cut away from Edward while he heals from his stab wound?
5. How many witnesses does Llewelyn have against Davydd in the murder plot?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)