|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the prison guards treat Amaury in Chapter 15?
(a) They taunt him.
(b) They feel guilty treating a priest poorly, but follow orders to do so.
(c) With pity and kindness.
(d) They starve him and prod him with sticks.
2. Where does Simon win a large victory and capture King Henry?
3. What duty is King Edward breaching in Chapter 11?
(a) His vassal lord duty.
(b) His duty to protect all citizens equally.
(c) His liege lord duty.
(d) His duty not to raise taxes.
4. Where has Owain been for 15 years?
5. Why does Ellen's cog decide to sail in winter?
(a) Lower chance of being attacked by pirates.
(b) The water will be lower and easier to navigate.
(c) The cog does better in colder water.
(d) Lower prices to ride on the cog.
6. What body of water does Ellen sail across to meet Llewelyn?
(a) The North Sea.
(b) The Celtic Sea.
(c) The Bristol Channel.
(d) The English Channel.
7. How far does Hugh travel to tell Nell about Bran's death?
(a) More than 1,000 miles.
(b) More than 800 miles.
(c) More than 200 miles.
(d) More than 100 miles.
8. Who is Thomas the Archdeacon?
(a) The religious figure aboard the cog.
(b) The head knight.
(c) The lead pirate.
(d) The first mate.
9. What battle occurred five years prior to the beginning of the novel?
10. What castle is Ellen taken to at the end of Chapter 13?
11. How does Edward feel about Ellen pouring her glass out at Davydd's feet?
12. What does Ellen threaten Thomas with in Chapter 13?
(a) She will tell Edward he hit her.
(b) She will kill him if Amaury dies.
(c) That she will tell Edward he tried to rape her.
(d) She will scare his name forever across the land.
13. Who brings Nell news of Hal's murder at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(b) Queen Marguerite.
14. What is Llewelyn ap Gruffydd's title?
(a) Prince of England.
(b) King of England.
(c) Prince of Wales.
(d) Prince of Evesham.
15. Where is the crew of Ellen's cog stranded in Chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many witnesses does Llewelyn have against Davydd in the murder plot?
2. What is the only thing in Amaury's prison cell?
3. Who/what advised Davydd in Chapter 9 to flee to England before he is charged with the murder plot?
4. Who is Elizabeth de Ferrers?
5. What castle is Amaury taken to and put in prison?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)