|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprised does Ellen find out in Chapter 11?
(a) Llewelyn wants to marry her.
(b) Edward wants to marry her.
(c) Nell is not her birth mother.
(d) She has to sell her land.
2. What does Edward return to Nell from her first marriage?
(a) Her maiden name.
(d) A house.
3. Where does Simon win a large victory and capture King Henry?
4. Who did Hugh's father die while fighting with?
5. What fatal condition does Nell suffer from?
6. Why does Edward believe he is blessed and doing 'God's work'?
(a) He saw a vision of God.
(b) God came to him in a dream.
(c) He didn't die from the stab wound.
(d) He is royalty.
7. Nell tell Amaury that all of her regrets in life are for ___________.
8. Who stabs Edward in Chapter 6?
(a) The messenger.
(b) One of his guards.
(c) Edward stabs himself.
(d) An unknown man.
9. What does Hugh need to purchase in Chapter 14, but does not have the money?
(d) A horse.
10. What does Ellen threaten Thomas with in Chapter 13?
(a) She will scare his name forever across the land.
(b) She will tell Edward he hit her.
(c) She will kill him if Amaury dies.
(d) That she will tell Edward he tried to rape her.
11. Who assists Davydd in his murder plot in Chapter 9?
(c) No one.
12. How many years was Davydd exiled for rebelling against Llewelyn the second time?
13. After hearing the confession of who was behind the plot to murder him, Llewelyn burns Gruffydd's castle at ________ to the ground and claims the Powys lands.
14. What is the only thing Llewelyn is allowed to keep after surrendering?
(a) His land.
(b) His castle.
(c) His title.
(d) His lords.
15. How does Llewelyn respond when Davydd asks if he would have believed it if someone had accused Tudur or Einion of the murder plot?
(a) Llewelyn says he would have made Tudor and Einoion answer defend themselves just like Davydd is.
(b) Llewelyn refuses to answer the question.
(c) Llewelyn hesitates so long that Davydd says his silence has already answered the question.
(d) Llewelyn admits he would not have believed it; he trusts Tudor and Einion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Simon de Montfort's relationship to Prince Edward?
2. Who is Edmund's wife?
3. In what condition is Rhys ap Gruffydd brought to Llewelnd in Chapter 19?
4. Edward rewards Davydd with one half of Gwynedd to be divided between Davydd and ________.
5. Who loans Hugh money in Chapter 14?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)