|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who assists Davydd in his murder plot in Chapter 9?
(b) No one.
2. Why does Ellen's cog decide to sail in winter?
(a) Lower prices to ride on the cog.
(b) The cog does better in colder water.
(c) The water will be lower and easier to navigate.
(d) Lower chance of being attacked by pirates.
3. What was built in Powys territory, which angered the Powys lords and England?
(a) Bristol Castle.
(b) Dolforwyn Castle.
(c) Shrewsbury Castle.
(d) Chester Castle.
4. What inhibits the murder plot in Chapter 9 from actually happening?
(a) Davydd gets too worried and calls it off.
(b) Heavy rain and a mudslide.
(c) The plot is revealed too early and Llewelyn finds out.
(d) Lightening hitting the castle during a storm.
5. In Chapter 18, Llewelyn still has hope that they can win the war, but he concedes that he fears God might be ________.
(d) Staying out of it.
6. How far does Hugh travel to tell Nell about Bran's death?
(a) More than 100 miles.
(b) More than 1,000 miles.
(c) More than 800 miles.
(d) More than 200 miles.
7. What time period does the book cover?
(a) 1271 and 1283
(c) 1271 - 1283.
8. How much money does Edward give Nell in Chapter 8 to make up for lost profit?
(a) 2,000 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
9. How long does Davydd remind Llewelyn that he served on his counsel and was welcomed in his court without a falling out?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 8 years.
10. What does Edward return to Nell from her first marriage?
(a) A house.
(c) Her maiden name.
11. In what castle does King Edward want Llewelyn to swear homage in?
(a) Chester Castle.
(b) Corfe Castle.
(c) Westminster Castle.
(d) Bristol Castle.
12. What castle is Ellen taken to at the end of Chapter 13?
13. What is Llewelyn ap Gruffydd's title?
(a) King of England.
(b) Prince of Wales.
(c) Prince of England.
(d) Prince of Evesham.
14. Why does Edward believe he is blessed and doing 'God's work'?
(a) God came to him in a dream.
(b) He saw a vision of God.
(c) He is royalty.
(d) He didn't die from the stab wound.
15. What is the first question Davydd ever asks Ellen?
(a) What she thinks she doing.
(b) If she knows where his brother is.
(c) What women look for in a man.
(d) If she admires him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fatal condition does Nell suffer from?
2. King Edward summons Llewelyn to do homage to him as a __________ lord.
3. What is Edward stabbed with in Chapter 6?
4. How many of the knights aboard Ellen's cog are killed in Chapter 13?
5. Owen de la Pole is Gruffydd's ___________.
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)