|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far does Hugh travel to tell Nell about Bran's death?
(a) More than 200 miles.
(b) More than 1,000 miles.
(c) More than 100 miles.
(d) More than 800 miles.
2. Who is Edmund's wife?
3. What was Prince Edward nicknamed in his childhood by his cousins?
4. Who allows Simon's body to be mutilated?
5. In Chapter 17, the King marvels at Davydd's ability to do what?
(a) Debate any topic well.
(b) Win over women.
(c) Train horses quickly.
(d) Handle is sword.
6. What fatal condition does Nell suffer from?
7. What is Amaury's profession?
8. What does Hugh need to purchase in Chapter 14, but does not have the money?
(a) A horse.
9. What does Brian suggest to Hugh to get the money he needs in Chapter 14?
(a) Steal it.
(b) Visit a Jewish money-lender.
(c) Visit a catholic money-lender.
(d) Offer to work someone's land for a week.
10. What does Edward interpret that God wants him to do?
(a) Expand England's land.
(b) Have many wives.
(c) Have many sons.
(d) Increase taxes.
11. How does Edward react to Simon's victory and capture of King Henry?
(a) He surrenders to Simon.
(b) He declares war on Simon.
(c) He doubles his guards around the castle.
(d) He prepares to flee the country.
12. Who is Thomas the Archdeacon?
(a) The lead pirate.
(b) The head knight.
(c) The religious figure aboard the cog.
(d) The first mate.
13. What happens if Llewelyn were to agree to do homage to King Edward?
(a) He would be allowed to live in the castle again.
(b) He would avoid being sent to jail.
(c) He would be highly respected by all members of society.
(d) He would look weak to his enemies and to the king.
14. Who is Llewelyn's niece who loves animals?
15. Who does Hugh owe his life to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many witnesses does Llewelyn have against Davydd in the murder plot?
2. What is a liege lord's duty?
3. What genre is this book?
4. Nell tells Amaury that she cannot die without securing _________ for Ellen.
5. In Chapter 18, Llewelyn still has hope that they can win the war, but he concedes that he fears God might be ________.
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)