|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Bran related to Simon?
(a) Simon is Bran's uncle.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) Bran is Simon's father.
(d) Simon is Bran's father.
2. Where has Owain been for 15 years?
3. Who is the youngest de Montfort brother?
4. How does Ellen initially respond to the question Davydd asks her upon their first meeting?
(a) She laughs in his face.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She stares at him coldly.
5. What does Ellen threaten Thomas with in Chapter 13?
(a) That she will tell Edward he tried to rape her.
(b) She will tell Edward he hit her.
(c) She will scare his name forever across the land.
(d) She will kill him if Amaury dies.
6. Who is Thomas the Archdeacon?
(a) The head knight.
(b) The religious figure aboard the cog.
(c) The first mate.
(d) The lead pirate.
7. How many years was Davydd exiled for rebelling against Llewelyn the second time?
8. What is Amaury's profession?
9. Who does Tudor get a confession from in Chapter 10 about who was involved in the murder plot?
(d) No one.
10. How does Llewelyn respond when Davydd asks if he would have believed it if someone had accused Tudur or Einion of the murder plot?
(a) Llewelyn refuses to answer the question.
(b) Llewelyn says he would have made Tudor and Einoion answer defend themselves just like Davydd is.
(c) Llewelyn admits he would not have believed it; he trusts Tudor and Einion.
(d) Llewelyn hesitates so long that Davydd says his silence has already answered the question.
11. What city in Italy do Edmund and Edward meet in?
12. What genre is this book?
(d) Historical fiction.
13. What surprised does Ellen find out in Chapter 11?
(a) Edward wants to marry her.
(b) Llewelyn wants to marry her.
(c) She has to sell her land.
(d) Nell is not her birth mother.
14. What duty is King Edward breaching in Chapter 11?
(a) His duty to protect all citizens equally.
(b) His duty not to raise taxes.
(c) His liege lord duty.
(d) His vassal lord duty.
15. Edmund Plantagenet is the ________ of Leicester and Lancaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of people has Edward segregated?
2. The story addresses royal houses from England and ________.
3. How does Hugh earn Brian's trust and friendship?
4. Once Davydd realizes his mistake upon meeting Ellen, what does he do to try and fix it?
5. What fatal condition does Nell suffer from?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)