Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapters 1, Evesham Abby, England, January 1271- 3, Siena, Tuscany, March 1271
1. Describe the battle that the occurred five years prior to the beginning of the novel.
2. Who is Hugh de Whitton, and what is his role in the first chapter of the book?
3. What situations has the tension between Llewelyn and his brothers led to for some of the brothers?
4. Why is Davydd not completely trusted?
5. What is unique about Nell de Montfort's living arrangement?
6. Why are Guy and...
This section contains 981 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)