|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Special Commission.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 5: “Survival,” it cost the better part of what amount of money “to come to New England properly equipped, even if one knew exactly what to bring and what not to bring”?
(a) 20 pounds
(b) 10 pounds
(c) 50 pounds
(d) 100 pounds
2. The first church within the boundaries of Massachusetts Bay to be founded in the congregational manner was "gathered" on what date, according to the author in Chapter 6: “A Special Commission”?
(a) March 28, 1605
(b) July 20, 1629
(c) May 15, 1629
(d) December 6, 1615
3. What were the three arrangements that John Winthrop had to oversee once he was voted as governor for the new colony and prior to departure from England?
(a) Trading routes, financial funds, and communication with the natives
(b) Ships, provisions, and passengers
(c) Livestock, housing, and furniture
(d) Ships, the establishment of the mint, and trade routes
4. What did the Puritans believe “was the mother of heresy,” according to the author in Chapter 6: “A Special Commission”?
5. What company was responsible for establishing a short-lived settlement on Cape Ann in 1624?
(a) The St. James Charter Company
(b) The Massachusetts Bay Company
(c) The Plymouth Company
(d) The Dorchester Company
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date did John Winthrop marry his second wife?
2. When was Mary Tudor born?
3. What was the name of John and Margaret Winthrop’s youngest son that stayed with Margaret when John Winthrop first set out for New England?
4. The Massachuset, Nauset, and Wampanoag people spoke using what subfamily of Native American languages?
5. Who succeeded Mary Tudor as the ruler of England?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)