|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: Evil and Declining Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the estate that Adam Winthrop purchased as a confiscated monastery at Bury St. Edmunds in Suffolk?
(a) Groton Manor
(b) Epperson Manor
(c) Guilford Manor
2. In what year did Adam Winthrop purchase the confiscated monastery at Bury St. Edmunds in Suffolk?
3. On what date did John Winthrop become officially engaged to Mary Forth?
(a) March 28, 1605
(b) April 7, 1630
(c) August 26, 1629
(d) April 29, 1618
4. According to the author, Arminianism was a belief that men could do what by their own will power?
(a) Achieve faith and win salvation
(b) Respond to God’s will
(c) Endorse one another’s salvation
(d) Deny grace
5. In what year did John Winthrop’s second wife die?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was John Winthrop when he married his first wife?
2. When was John Calvin born?
3. On what date was Charles I crowned at Westminster Abbey?
4. John Winthrop worked in London as counsel to a Parliamentary committee engaged in drafting legislation, and following this, he was appointed what government job?
5. What was the profession of Adam Winthrop prior to his purchase of the confiscated monastery at Bury St. Edmunds in Suffolk?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)