|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: Evil and Declining Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date did Charles I formally dissolve the English Parliament?
(a) March 1, 1642
(b) August 23, 1630
(c) July 28, 1629
(d) March 10, 1629
2. How old was John Winthrop when he married his first wife?
3. Of whom does the author say in Chapter 2: “Evil and Declining Times,” “[T]heir defiance was also a desertion. They failed their fellow men. They abandoned a charity to which the Puritans held fast”?
(a) The separatists
(b) The Calvinists
(c) The Presbyterians
(d) The Congregationalists
4. In what year did King Charles I ascend the throne of England?
5. In what year did the English navy defeat the Spanish Armada, ensuring that the Catholic Church could not recapture England?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date did John Winthrop marry his second wife?
2. On what date was Charles I crowned at Westminster Abbey?
3. What was the name of John Winthrop’s younger sister who married Emmanuel Downing?
4. When John Winthrop was young, his father became a director at what college?
5. In what year did John Winthrop’s eldest son, John Jr., come of age?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)