|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: Evil and Declining Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of John Winthrop’s younger sister who married Emmanuel Downing?
2. What was the name of the London apothecary that John Winthrop’s older sister Anne married?
(a) George Phillips
(b) Thomas Fones
(c) John Endecott
(d) Thomas Shepard
3. How old was John Winthrop when he married for the third time?
4. When was John Calvin born?
5. On what date did Charles I formally dissolve the English Parliament?
(a) March 1, 1642
(b) July 28, 1629
(c) August 23, 1630
(d) March 10, 1629
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Charles I appoint as Bishop of London in 1628?
2. According to the author, Arminianism was a belief that men could do what by their own will power?
3. In what year did Adam Winthrop purchase the confiscated monastery at Bury St. Edmunds in Suffolk?
4. On what date did John Winthrop marry his second wife?
5. On what date did John Winthrop marry Margaret Tyndal?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)