Chapter 1: The Taming of the Heart
1. In what year did Adam Winthrop purchase the confiscated monastery at Bury St. Edmunds in Suffolk?
2. What was the name of the estate that Adam Winthrop purchased as a confiscated monastery at Bury St. Edmunds in Suffolk?
(a) Groton Manor
(b) Epperson Manor
(c) Guilford Manor
3. What was the profession of Adam Winthrop prior to his purchase of the confiscated monastery at Bury St. Edmunds in Suffolk?
(a) He was a surgeon
(b) He was a wheat farmer
(c) He was a spice merchant
(d) He was a cloth merchant
4. In what year did the English navy defeat the Spanish Armada, ensuring that the Catholic Church could not recapture England?
5. When John Winthrop was young, his father became a director at what college?
(a) Trinity College, Cambridge
(b) Abingdon and Witney College
(c) Oxford College, London
(d) Aylesbury College
6. How old was John Winthrop when he left for college?
This section contains 5,373 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)