|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Reuven return to seminary?
(a) He has never been in seminary.
(b) The Friday after Michael is taken to the treatment center.
(c) He decides not to return.
(d) He is going to sit out one semester and then go back.
2. Who is Rachel Gorden?
(a) The narrator's grandmama.
(b) A woman the narrator meets at a Spring party.
(c) A traveling circus member.
(d) The neighborhood rabbi's daughter.
3. Whose class is Reuven in at the opening of Chapter 6?
(a) His father's.
(b) Rav Kalman.
(c) Professor Gordon.
4. What is the name of the narrator in the Introduction?
(b) He is not yet named.
5. Where is the setting at the opening of the Introduction?
(c) Long Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Michael begin treatment?
2. What kind of game do Reuven, Rachel and Michael go to?
3. What classes does Reuven study?
4. What does Michael say his nosebleeds are not a result of?
5. What is one image Michael sees in the clouds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Professor Gordon invite Reuven and what does Reuven do?
2. What does Michael say about the universe when he is back home after the fair?
3. Describe Reuven and Michael's phone conversation.
4. What does Reuven reveal in a flashback?
5. What do Reuven and Professor Gordon discuss about Michael?
6. When does Michael get a nosebleed at the fair, and what do Reuven and Rachel do?
7. What are the narrator's plans for his schooling and what were the influences on his choice?
8. Describe Reuven's visit with Danny.
9. What does Reuven say about the Hasid?
10. What does Kalman discuss with Reuven after class concerning Professor Gordon?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)