|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sect is the seminary that Reuven attends?
2. With whom is Reuven dissatisfied in the flashback?
(a) Reuven's father.
(b) Reuven's oldest brother.
(c) Rabbi Rav Kalman
(d) Professor Gordon.
3. What happens to Michael on the drive home?
(a) He giggles hysterically.
(b) He gets another nosebleed.
(c) He cries uncontrollably.
(d) He falls asleep.
4. How does Michael get a nosebleed?
(a) Tripping and falling down.
(c) Playing soccer.
(d) Standing up in a ride at the fair.
5. Who was Nota Finkel?
(a) He was a fanatical Zionist who changed his mind about Israel.
(b) He quashed a secularist revolt.
(c) He was a well-known Talmudist.
(d) He was excommuicated in the 1800s for heresy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Giordano Bruno?
2. Who does Reuven arrange to meet?
3. Who is the Jewish, elderly man who comes up to Reuven, Rachel and Michael?
4. About what does Professor Gordon ask Reuben?
5. What does Reuven say about Rachel Gordon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kalman discuss with Reuven after class concerning Professor Gordon?
2. About whom does Rachel ask Reuven and what is his reply?
3. Describe Rav Kalman.
4. What does Reuven reveal in a flashback?
5. What does Michael say about the universe when he is back home after the fair?
6. What rumors infuriate Reuven and his father?
7. Who does Reuven call the day after sailing with Michael and what is the result?
8. What does Michael tell Reuven about Michael's nosebleeds?
9. How does Danny's father raise Danny?
10. What does Danny tell Reuven about Michael?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)