|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael burn?
(a) A copy of Mein Kampf.
(b) A copy of the Tanach.
(c) The trash on the floor.
(d) A copy of the excommunication writ against his father.
2. How is Michael doing?
(a) Reuven does not know.
(b) He is fine and has been released from treatment.
(c) As well as can be expected.
(d) He has had a major breakdown.
3. What does Danny say about Michael?
(a) There is nothing wrong with him.
(b) He is only mildly neurotic.
(c) He is just suffering from adolescent hormones.
(d) He is quite mentally ill.
4. When does Reuven return to seminary?
(a) The Friday after Michael is taken to the treatment center.
(b) He is going to sit out one semester and then go back.
(c) He decides not to return.
(d) He has never been in seminary.
5. To whom does the conversation between Danny and Reuven turn after talking about Rachel?
(a) Professor Gordon.
(b) Kalman Rebbe.
(c) Reuven's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Michael display much knowledge?
2. What does Michael say he cannot get out of his head?
3. How often does Reuven see Rachel between October and December?
4. Who has gotten in fist fights with others?
5. Why is Professor Gordon exhausted at the opening to Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumors infuriate Reuven and his father?
2. What does Kalman discuss with Reuven after class concerning Professor Gordon?
3. About whom does Rachel ask Reuven and what is his reply?
4. What does Michael say about orthodox Jews?
5. How does Danny's father raise Danny?
6. Where do Michael and Reuven go the day after the fair, and what does Reuven teach Michael?
7. Who does Reuven encounter at the library and what is the person doing?
8. Describe Reuven and Michael's phone conversation.
9. What are the narrator's plans for his schooling and what were the influences on his choice?
10. What does Michael say about the universe when he is back home after the fair?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)