|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Reuven return to seminary?
(a) He has never been in seminary.
(b) He is going to sit out one semester and then go back.
(c) The Friday after Michael is taken to the treatment center.
(d) He decides not to return.
2. What does Michael see in himself?
(a) A cynic.
(b) A passionate truth seeker.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) Some of his father.
3. What sect is the seminary that Reuven attends?
4. What happens to Michael on the drive home?
(a) He giggles hysterically.
(b) He gets another nosebleed.
(c) He cries uncontrollably.
(d) He falls asleep.
5. What type of an emergency has Danny had in this chapter that tires him?
(a) His house catches fire.
(b) An emergency with a schizophrenic boy.
(c) His father dies.
(d) The hospital where Daniel works catches fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rueven's friend, what rumors are circulating through the seminary?
2. What book does Reuven read by Kalman on the subway?
3. What does Michael do that he is cheated out of?
4. Who is Rachel Gorden?
5. Where does Reuven go the day after the fair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michael say about orthodox Jews?
2. What are the narrator's plans for his schooling and what were the influences on his choice?
3. What is the topic of Michael's long-winded monologue to Reuven?
4. Who does the narrator meet in Spring of 1950 that changes his view some about his religion?
5. How does Reuven work out a way to meet Professor Gordon?
6. What happens between October and December for Reuven?
7. What does Michael tell Reuven about Michael's nosebleeds?
8. About whom does Rachel ask Reuven and what is his reply?
9. What does Reuven reveal in a flashback?
10. What do Reuven and Professor Gordon discuss about Michael?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)