|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What past experience of Rabbi Kalman's does Reuven mention?
(a) Being interned in a concentration camp.
(b) Fighting in the Jewish underground in Germany.
(c) The death of the Rabbi's oldest daughter.
(d) Fleeing Germany New Zealand in the late 1930s.
2. What leads Reuven to read books by Professor Gordon?
(a) Reuven's distaste for Rabbi Kalman.
(b) Reuven's interest in Rachel Gordon.
(c) Reuven's search for meaning.
(d) Reuven's father asks him to do so.
3. What happens to Michael on the drive home?
(a) He giggles hysterically.
(b) He gets another nosebleed.
(c) He cries uncontrollably.
(d) He falls asleep.
4. Why does Reuven say he visited the Frankel library?
(a) To help his father in research.
(b) To meet with a friend who lives nearby.
(c) To meet with Rachel.
(d) To sign a petition to the city about discrimination.
5. Who is the Jewish, elderly man who comes up to Reuven, Rachel and Michael?
(a) Michael's grandfather.
(b) The booth attendant's father.
(c) A visiting Rabbi from Israel.
(d) The local Rabbi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Rachel and Reuven nervous about what Michael is doing?
2. Who has been seeing Rachel more and more?
3. What happens to Michael while he is arguing?
4. For what purpose does Professor Gordon want Reuven to bring his friend Daniel Saunders to the Gordon home?
5. What sects have inhabited the narrator's neighborhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kalman discuss with Reuven after class concerning Professor Gordon?
2. What does Michael say about orthodox Jews?
3. What does Michael say about the universe when he is back home after the fair?
4. Who is Nota Finkel and for what is he noted?
5. What is the topic of Michael's long-winded monologue to Reuven?
6. Where do Michael and Reuven go the day after the fair, and what does Reuven teach Michael?
7. Where does Professor Gordon invite Reuven and what does Reuven do?
8. When does Michael get a nosebleed at the fair, and what do Reuven and Rachel do?
9. What are the narrator's plans for his schooling and what were the influences on his choice?
10. What do Reuven and Professor Gordon discuss about Michael?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)