|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to rumors, what is one thing Kalman goes through during WWII?
(a) Seeing his family shot.
(b) Seeing his children taken for adoption by German families.
(c) Being forced to work in mines in Poland.
(d) Fleeing from Germany to Australia.
2. What does Reuven's father finish?
(a) A textbook for his students about zoology.
(b) A series of lectures at local Jewish Zionist chapters.
(c) Building a prayer room onto the house.
(d) His manuscript.
3. What is one possible explanation for Michael's nosebleeds?
(b) Being underweight.
(d) Being overweight.
4. Who is Rachel Gorden?
(a) A woman the narrator meets at a Spring party.
(b) The narrator's grandmama.
(c) The neighborhood rabbi's daughter.
(d) A traveling circus member.
5. How is Rachel's aunt helping Professor Gordon?
(a) She keeps track of his correspondence.
(b) She proofs his writing.
(c) She is a nurse and cares for him.
(d) She types his manuscripts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael say he cannot get out of his head?
2. Why is Professor Gordon exhausted at the opening to Chapter 4?
3. What happens to Michael on the drive home?
4. When does Reuven return to seminary?
5. Who is Danny?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kalman discuss with Reuven after class concerning Professor Gordon?
2. What does Michael say about orthodox Jews?
3. When does Michael get a nosebleed at the fair, and what do Reuven and Rachel do?
4. Who is Nota Finkel and for what is he noted?
5. What does Michael tell Reuven about Michael's nosebleeds?
6. What has Reuven's father completed during the Fall and early Winter?
7. What does Reuven say about the Hasid?
8. Who does Reuven encounter at the library and what is the person doing?
9. Where do Michael and Reuven go the day after the fair, and what does Reuven teach Michael?
10. What does Danny tell Reuven about Michael?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)