|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Giordano Bruno?
(a) A famous painter from Italy.
(b) A man burned at the stake for preaching that the stars were suns.
(c) A famous doctor from Sicily.
(d) The neighborhood baker.
2. Who is Michael Gordon?
(a) Rachel's father.
(b) Rachel's uncle.
(c) Rachel's cousin.
(d) Rachel's brother.
3. About what does Reuven say he has no right to be angry?
(a) The reception of his father's book.
(b) Who Rachel is becoming serious with romantically.
(c) Kalman's actions.
(d) Reuven does not talk about being angry.
4. According to Reuven, with whom are the Hasid at war?
(d) No one.
5. What sects have inhabited the narrator's neighborhood?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing that is established in the narrator's neighborhood as it becomes more populous?
2. How was Danny taught about suffering by his father?
3. Who has shut himself up for twenty years?
4. Who is Abraham Gordon?
5. What does Danny say about Michael?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Reuven and Professor Gordon discuss about Michael?
2. About whom does Rachel ask Reuven and what is his reply?
3. Who does the narrator meet in Spring of 1950 that changes his view some about his religion?
4. What does Reuven reveal in a flashback?
5. Describe the elderly man who is the father of the booth attendant at the dice game.
6. What happens between October and December for Reuven?
7. What does Kalman discuss with Reuven after class concerning Professor Gordon?
8. What does Michael say about orthodox Jews?
9. How does the narrator's neighborhood change in the early 1950s?
10. Describe Rav Kalman.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)