|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Michael Gordon?
(a) Rachel's father.
(b) Rachel's cousin.
(c) Rachel's uncle.
(d) Rachel's brother.
2. Who does Reuven arrange to meet?
(b) Reuven's uncle.
(c) Reuven's grandfather.
(d) Professor Gordon.
3. Who has gotten in fist fights with others?
(b) Rachel's brother.
(c) Reuven's youngest brother.
(d) Danny's youngest brother.
4. About what is the narrator's father writing a book?
(a) Peaceful negotiations.
(c) The Talmud.
(d) The crusades.
5. Of what does Kalman remind Reuven?
(a) That Reuven is going to be a Hasidic Rabbi.
(b) That Professor Gordon is excommunicated.
(c) That Professor Gordon is suspected of destroying valuable documents.
(d) That Reuven's father would not approve of Reuven's behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Reuven?
2. Who is Danny?
3. Why does Michael hate orthodox Jews?
4. What type of an emergency has Danny had in this chapter that tires him?
5. Who has shut himself up for twenty years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Danny tell Reuven about Michael?
2. How does Reuven know Professor Gordon?
3. Describe Rav Kalman.
4. Describe Reuven and Michael's phone conversation.
5. What has Reuven's father completed during the Fall and early Winter?
6. Where do Michael and Reuven go the day after the fair, and what does Reuven teach Michael?
7. Describe the game which Michael is playing and which is making Reuven and Rachel nervous for him.
8. How does Danny become involved with the Gordon family?
9. How does Reuven work out a way to meet Professor Gordon?
10. What does Reuven say about the Hasid?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)