|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Professor Gordon ask Reuben?
(a) The fair and Michael's behavior.
(b) If God is demanding.
(c) If Reuven is interested in Rachel.
(d) Whether God is a just god.
2. Who is Danny?
(a) The grocery boy.
(b) Reuven's first cousin.
(c) Reuven's best friend.
(d) Reuven's younger brother.
3. How is Michael doing?
(a) He is fine and has been released from treatment.
(b) Reuven does not know.
(c) As well as can be expected.
(d) He has had a major breakdown.
4. What is Rachel urging Michael to do?
(a) See a doctor.
(b) Stop rolling the dice.
(c) Buy her a candied apple.
(d) Go home to rest.
5. About what does Michael display much knowledge?
(d) Horse racing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Nota Finkel?
2. Who is David Malter?
3. Why does Michael hate orthodox Jews?
4. Why can't Danny meet with Professor Gordon?
5. According to Reuven, with whom are the Hasid at war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reuven reveal in a flashback?
2. What do Reuven and Professor Gordon discuss when Reuven visits him?
3. How does Danny become involved with the Gordon family?
4. What does Danny tell Reuven and what is Reuven's reaction?
5. Describe Reuven's visit with Danny.
6. Who does the narrator meet in Spring of 1950 that changes his view some about his religion?
7. What happens between October and December for Reuven?
8. About what is Reuven's father happy?
9. How does Reuven know Professor Gordon?
10. What does Kalman think about Reuven as his student?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)