|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael burn?
(a) The trash on the floor.
(b) A copy of Mein Kampf.
(c) A copy of the excommunication writ against his father.
(d) A copy of the Tanach.
2. Who does Michael see briefly?
(a) Mrs. Gordon.
(b) His mother.
(d) His grandparents who are visiting from Israel.
3. Where is the setting at the opening of the Introduction?
(c) Long Island.
4. What sects have inhabited the narrator's neighborhood?
5. What is one image Michael sees in the clouds?
(b) The old man from the fair the night before.
(c) Mount Olympus.
(d) His dead grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael see in himself?
2. To what time does a flashback go?
3. About whom does Michael fantasize?
4. Who is Michael Gordon?
5. Where does Reuven encounter Professor Gordon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reuven tell his father about his meetings with Rav Kalman and what is David Malter's response?
2. What does Danny tell Reuven about Michael?
3. What does Michael say about orthodox Jews?
4. What is the difference in scholarly approaches between Kalman and Reuven's father.
5. Who is Nota Finkel and for what is he noted?
6. Where does Professor Gordon invite Reuven and what does Reuven do?
7. What does Kalman discuss with Reuven after class concerning Professor Gordon?
8. What does Danny tell Reuven and what is Reuven's reaction?
9. How does Reuven work out a way to meet Professor Gordon?
10. What happens between October and December for Reuven?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)