|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael say his nosebleeds are not a result of?
(b) Thin blood.
2. What problem has Professor Gordon had?
(a) A bout with polio.
(b) A problem with shingles.
(c) A case of flu.
(d) A heart attack.
3. Who asks Reuven to talk with Michael?
(a) Rachel Gordon.
(b) Professor Gordon.
(d) Reuven's father.
4. What does Kalman have Reuven read aloud?
(a) Parts of Kalman's newest publication.
(b) The writ of excommication of Professor Gordon.
(c) The laws of ex-communication.
(d) Texts by Gemora.
5. Who does Michael see briefly?
(b) His grandparents who are visiting from Israel.
(c) Mrs. Gordon.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Reuven return to seminary?
2. What sects have inhabited the narrator's neighborhood?
3. What does Reuven decide to teach Michael?
4. What does Michael do that he is cheated out of?
5. What does Reuven say about Rachel Gordon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michael say about orthodox Jews?
2. What has Reuven's father completed during the Fall and early Winter?
3. Who is Nota Finkel and for what is he noted?
4. What does Reuven say about the Hasid?
5. What does Reuven reveal in a flashback?
6. Who does Reuven call the day after sailing with Michael and what is the result?
7. Where do Michael and Reuven go the day after the fair, and what does Reuven teach Michael?
8. What do Reuven and Professor Gordon discuss about Michael?
9. Who does Reuven encounter at the library and what is the person doing?
10. What rumors infuriate Reuven and his father?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)