|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
(b) He blacks out.
(c) He is arrested for disrespect to a police officer.
(d) He gets a ticket.
2. For what purpose does Professor Gordon want Reuven to bring his friend Daniel Saunders to the Gordon home?
(a) To ask Daniel about his experiences in a concentration camp.
(b) As a mitzvah.
(c) To see if Daniel and Michael will hit if off.
(d) Because Rachel would like to meet Daniel.
3. What does Reuven decide to teach Michael?
(a) How to dance.
(b) How to whittle.
(c) How to sail.
(d) How to read Hebrew.
4. What book does Reuven read by Kalman on the subway?
(a) A book on interpreting techniques.
(b) A book on ethics.
(c) A book on the reasons for excommunication of a member of the Jewish community.
(d) A book about some very obscure passages in the Talmud.
5. What is one adjective that describes Kalman?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been seeing Rachel more and more?
2. What do Michael and Reuven talk about as far as the clouds go?
3. How is Rachel's aunt helping Professor Gordon?
4. Who does Michael see briefly?
5. Where do the narrator and Rachel spend the summer together?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator's neighborhood change in the early 1950s?
2. Who is Nota Finkel and for what is he noted?
3. Who does Reuven encounter at the library and what is the person doing?
4. How does Reuven work out a way to meet Professor Gordon?
5. What is the topic of Michael's long-winded monologue to Reuven?
6. Describe the game which Michael is playing and which is making Reuven and Rachel nervous for him.
7. Describe Reuven's visit with Danny.
8. How does Danny become involved with the Gordon family?
9. What does Kalman discuss with Reuven after class concerning Professor Gordon?
10. Where do Michael and Reuven go the day after the fair, and what does Reuven teach Michael?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)