|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many therapists has Michael been to over the past 14 months?
2. Where does Reuven encounter Professor Gordon?
(a) The library.
(b) At Ellis Island.
(c) The zoo.
(d) At the hospital while visiting Michael.
3. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
(b) He is arrested for disrespect to a police officer.
(c) He gets a ticket.
(d) He blacks out.
4. What is one possible explanation for Michael's nosebleeds?
(b) Being overweight.
(d) Being underweight.
5. What does Reuven say about Rachel Gordon?
(a) That there was nothing between him and Rachel.
(b) That she is not educated enough for him to be interested in her.
(c) That she is part of an excommunicated family and therefore someone he could not marry.
(d) That she is too intellectual for him to consider her as a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one adjective that describes Kalman?
2. Who does Michael see briefly?
3. What does Reuven's father finish?
4. When does Michael begin treatment?
5. Who has shut himself up for twenty years?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Reuven and Michael's phone conversation.
2. What are the narrator's plans for his schooling and what were the influences on his choice?
3. Describe Rav Kalman.
4. How does Danny become involved with the Gordon family?
5. Who does the narrator meet in Spring of 1950 that changes his view some about his religion?
6. Who does Reuven call the day after sailing with Michael and what is the result?
7. What does Kalman discuss with Reuven after class concerning Professor Gordon?
8. What happens between October and December for Reuven?
9. How does Reuven work out a way to meet Professor Gordon?
10. What does Michael say about orthodox Jews?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)