|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many therapists has Michael been to over the past 14 months?
2. Who has been seeing Rachel more and more?
(a) An unnamed man from Harvard.
3. What does Reuven decide to teach Michael?
(a) How to dance.
(b) How to whittle.
(c) How to read Hebrew.
(d) How to sail.
4. What does Reuven's father finish?
(a) A series of lectures at local Jewish Zionist chapters.
(b) His manuscript.
(c) Building a prayer room onto the house.
(d) A textbook for his students about zoology.
5. What leads Reuven to read books by Professor Gordon?
(a) Reuven's interest in Rachel Gordon.
(b) Reuven's distaste for Rabbi Kalman.
(c) Reuven's search for meaning.
(d) Reuven's father asks him to do so.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem has Professor Gordon had?
2. Why are Rachel and Reuven nervous about what Michael is doing?
3. Who does Reuven arrange to meet?
4. Who is Danny?
5. What does Kalman have Reuven read aloud?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Reuven call the day after sailing with Michael and what is the result?
2. Who does the narrator meet in Spring of 1950 that changes his view some about his religion?
3. Describe Reuven's visit with Danny.
4. What rumors infuriate Reuven and his father?
5. How does Danny become involved with the Gordon family?
6. What do Reuven and Professor Gordon discuss about Michael?
7. What does Kalman discuss with Reuven after class concerning Professor Gordon?
8. What does Reuven say about the Hasid?
9. What does Michael say about the universe when he is back home after the fair?
10. What has Reuven's father completed during the Fall and early Winter?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)