|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Michael display much knowledge?
(b) Horse racing.
2. Who does Reuven arrange to meet?
(b) Reuven's uncle.
(c) Reuven's grandfather.
(d) Professor Gordon.
3. About what is the narrator's father writing a book?
(b) The crusades.
(c) Peaceful negotiations.
(d) The Talmud.
4. How does Michael get a nosebleed?
(b) Tripping and falling down.
(c) Playing soccer.
(d) Standing up in a ride at the fair.
5. How does Reuven describe Professor Gordon?
(a) A kind, gentle soul.
(b) A fanatical, orthodox Rabbi.
(c) A very liberal Jewish Rabbi.
(d) A fanatical Zionist.
6. What is one possible explanation for Michael's nosebleeds?
(b) Being underweight.
(d) Being overweight.
7. When does Michael begin treatment?
(a) The second week in October.
(b) He starts the same day that Michael returns to classes.
(c) He refuses treatment.
(d) He agrees to start after the new year.
8. Who is Michael Gordon?
(a) Rachel's uncle.
(b) Rachel's cousin.
(c) Rachel's brother.
(d) Rachel's father.
9. What type of an emergency has Danny had in this chapter that tires him?
(a) An emergency with a schizophrenic boy.
(b) The hospital where Daniel works catches fire.
(c) His father dies.
(d) His house catches fire.
10. What is one thing Danny and Reuven discuss?
(c) The books on Danny's book shelves.
(d) War reparations from Germany.
11. Why is Professor Gordon exhausted at the opening to Chapter 4?
(a) Because he has had the flu.
(b) From working so hard on a new book.
(c) From his worldwide travels.
(d) From a speaking engagment in San Francisco.
12. Who does Michael see briefly?
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandparents who are visiting from Israel.
(d) Mrs. Gordon.
13. About whom does Rachel ask Reuven?
(a) Reuven's father.
(b) Kotzker Rebbe.
(c) Reuven's sister.
14. How often does Reuven see Rachel between October and December?
(b) Almost daily.
(d) Several days a week.
15. According to Rueven's friend, what rumors are circulating through the seminary?
(a) That Reuven is going to be dismissed from seminary.
(b) That Kalman has a personal vendetta against Professor Gordon,
(c) That Reuven plans to marry Rachel Gordon.
(d) That Reuven is going to apply to Professor Gordon's seminary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is David Malter?
2. What classes does Reuven study?
3. How many therapists has Michael been to over the past 14 months?
4. Who is the Jewish, elderly man who comes up to Reuven, Rachel and Michael?
5. What past experience of Rabbi Kalman's does Reuven mention?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)