|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reuven's father finish?
(a) His manuscript.
(b) Building a prayer room onto the house.
(c) A series of lectures at local Jewish Zionist chapters.
(d) A textbook for his students about zoology.
2. Why can't Danny meet with Professor Gordon?
(a) He is in Europe.
(b) He has to work.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He has an emergency.
3. About whom does Michael fantasize?
(c) Michael's next-door neighbor.
4. What does Professor Gordon look over at the Zechariah Frankel library?
(a) A new theory about the writing of the Talmud.
(b) He does not go to the library because they are too restrictive.
(c) Negative reviews of his works.
(d) Some books on mental illness.
5. What is the day after the sailing trip?
(a) No special day.
(d) Yom Kippur.
6. Who has shut himself up for twenty years?
(a) Reuven's uncle.
(b) Reuven's great-grandmother.
(c) Kotzker Rebbe.
(d) The man who lives on Reuven's street.
7. About what does Reuven say he has no right to be angry?
(a) The reception of his father's book.
(b) Kalman's actions.
(c) Who Rachel is becoming serious with romantically.
(d) Reuven does not talk about being angry.
8. What type of an emergency has Danny had in this chapter that tires him?
(a) An emergency with a schizophrenic boy.
(b) His father dies.
(c) The hospital where Daniel works catches fire.
(d) His house catches fire.
9. How does Michael get a nosebleed?
(b) Tripping and falling down.
(c) Playing soccer.
(d) Standing up in a ride at the fair.
10. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
(a) He gets a ticket.
(c) He blacks out.
(d) He is arrested for disrespect to a police officer.
11. Who says it is not a good day to visit?
(a) Professor Gordon.
(b) Mrs. Gordon.
12. Who does Reuven arrange to meet?
(a) Professor Gordon.
(b) Reuven's grandfather.
(d) Reuven's uncle.
13. About whom does Rachel ask Reuven?
(a) Reuven's sister.
(b) Kotzker Rebbe.
(c) Reuven's father.
14. Who is David Malter?
(a) Michael's uncle.
(b) Reuven's neighbor.
(c) Reuven's grandfather.
(d) Reuven's father.
15. Who asks Reuven to talk with Michael?
(b) Reuven's father.
(c) Rachel Gordon.
(d) Professor Gordon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Jewish, elderly man who comes up to Reuven, Rachel and Michael?
2. What past experience of Rabbi Kalman's does Reuven mention?
3. Who has been seeing Rachel more and more?
4. What does Reuven hear about Michael?
5. How is Michael doing?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)