|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Reuven?
(a) The mayor of Peekskill.
(b) The narrator.
(c) A baker in the neighborhood.
(d) A shoemaker.
2. How often does Reuven see Rachel between October and December?
(b) Almost daily.
(d) Several days a week.
3. How does Michael get a nosebleed?
(a) Playing soccer.
(b) Standing up in a ride at the fair.
(d) Tripping and falling down.
4. What does Michael do that he is cheated out of?
(a) He wins a trophy.
(b) He knocks the milk bottoms over.
(d) He throws three baseballs in the holes.
5. Who does Reuven call the day after he and Michael go sailing?
(a) Professor Gordon.
(b) Reuven's grandfather.
6. How does Reuven describe Professor Gordon?
(a) A fanatical Zionist.
(b) A fanatical, orthodox Rabbi.
(c) A very liberal Jewish Rabbi.
(d) A kind, gentle soul.
7. When does Reuven return to seminary?
(a) He decides not to return.
(b) He is going to sit out one semester and then go back.
(c) He has never been in seminary.
(d) The Friday after Michael is taken to the treatment center.
8. What kind of game do Reuven, Rachel and Michael go to?
(a) A bottle knock down.
(b) Ball throwing.
(c) A dice game.
(d) Ring toss.
9. What happens to Michael while he is arguing?
(a) He breaks down.
(c) He pulls out a gun and shoots the booth attendant.
(d) He hits the elderly man.
10. According to Reuven, with whom are the Hasid at war?
(b) No one.
11. What is one thing that is established in the narrator's neighborhood as it becomes more populous?
(a) A bookie system.
(b) Two rival gangs.
(c) A neighborhood watch system.
(d) Educational institutions.
12. Who does Reuven arrange to meet?
(a) Reuven's grandfather.
(c) Professor Gordon.
(d) Reuven's uncle.
13. How many therapists has Michael been to over the past 14 months?
14. What sect is the seminary that Reuven attends?
15. What time frame does Chapter 5 concern?
(a) Late 1952.
(b) Early 1951.
(c) It is not stated.
(d) Autumn to early December of 1951.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Michael Gordon?
2. Who has been seeing Rachel more and more?
3. Who asks Reuven to talk with Michael?
4. With whom does Kotzker Rebbe have disagreements?
5. Why is Professor Gordon exhausted at the opening to Chapter 4?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)