|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Danny say about Michael?
(a) He is just suffering from adolescent hormones.
(b) He is quite mentally ill.
(c) He is only mildly neurotic.
(d) There is nothing wrong with him.
2. With whom does Kotzker Rebbe have disagreements?
(a) Many Hasidic sects.
(b) The Zionists.
(c) No one.
(d) The reformed Jews.
3. What classes does Reuven study?
(d) Religion and philosophy.
4. What is one possible explanation for Michael's nosebleeds?
(a) Being underweight.
(c) Being overweight.
5. Who has been seeing Rachel more and more?
(b) An unnamed man from Harvard.
6. Who is Michael Gordon?
(a) Rachel's brother.
(b) Rachel's uncle.
(c) Rachel's father.
(d) Rachel's cousin.
7. Who does Reuven call the day after he and Michael go sailing?
(b) Reuven's grandfather.
(d) Professor Gordon.
8. When does Reuven return to seminary?
(a) He has never been in seminary.
(b) He decides not to return.
(c) The Friday after Michael is taken to the treatment center.
(d) He is going to sit out one semester and then go back.
9. What does Michael see in himself?
(a) Some of his father.
(b) A passionate truth seeker.
(c) A cynic.
(d) His grandfather.
10. Where does Reuven go the day after the fair?
(a) The Empire State Building.
(b) Times Square.
(c) Coney Island.
(d) The beach.
11. What type of an emergency has Danny had in this chapter that tires him?
(a) His father dies.
(b) An emergency with a schizophrenic boy.
(c) The hospital where Daniel works catches fire.
(d) His house catches fire.
12. What does the narrator decide to do?
(a) Go to rabbinical school.
(b) Move to Israel.
(c) Join the army.
(d) Return to Eurpoe after it is rebuilt.
13. What is Rachel urging Michael to do?
(a) Stop rolling the dice.
(b) See a doctor.
(c) Buy her a candied apple.
(d) Go home to rest.
14. Of what does Kalman remind Reuven?
(a) That Reuven's father would not approve of Reuven's behavior.
(b) That Reuven is going to be a Hasidic Rabbi.
(c) That Professor Gordon is excommunicated.
(d) That Professor Gordon is suspected of destroying valuable documents.
15. What does Michael say he cannot get out of his head?
(a) The booth attendant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael say his nosebleeds are not a result of?
2. What does Kalman ask of Reuven?
3. Whose class is Reuven in at the opening of Chapter 6?
4. To what time does a flashback go?
5. How is Michael doing?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)