Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Michael while he is arguing?
(a) He pulls out a gun and shoots the booth attendant.
(c) He breaks down.
(d) He hits the elderly man.
2. Who is David Malter?
(a) Michael's uncle.
(b) Reuven's father.
(c) Reuven's grandfather.
(d) Reuven's neighbor.
3. What past experience of Rabbi Kalman's does Reuven mention?
(a) The death of the Rabbi's oldest daughter.
(b) Fighting in the Jewish underground in Germany.
(c) Fleeing Germany New Zealand in the late 1930s.
(d) Being interned in a concentration camp.
4. What does Reuven's father finish?
(a) His manuscript.
(b) Building a prayer room onto the house.
(c) A series of lectures at local Jewish Zionist chapters.
(d) A textbook for his students about zoology.
5. According to Rueven's friend, what rumors are circulating through the seminary?
(a) That Reuven is going to be dismissed from seminary.
(b) That Reuven plans to marry Rachel Gordon.
(c) That Reuven is going to apply to Professor Gordon's seminary.
(d) That Kalman has a personal vendetta against Professor Gordon,
6. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
(a) People are escaping persecution in other countries.
(b) A high birth rate after the end of WWII.
(c) The population has not increased much at all.
(d) The government offered free housing to people who would work in the factories there during the war.
7. Who has been seeing Rachel more and more?
(c) An unnamed man from Harvard.
8. When does Michael begin treatment?
(a) He refuses treatment.
(b) The second week in October.
(c) He starts the same day that Michael returns to classes.
(d) He agrees to start after the new year.
9. What does Michael say his nosebleeds are not a result of?
(c) Thin blood.
10. What does Kalman have Reuven read aloud?
(a) The writ of excommication of Professor Gordon.
(b) Parts of Kalman's newest publication.
(c) Texts by Gemora.
(d) The laws of ex-communication.
11. With whom is Reuven dissatisfied in the flashback?
(a) Rabbi Rav Kalman
(b) Reuven's oldest brother.
(c) Reuven's father.
(d) Professor Gordon.
12. About what does Reuven say he has no right to be angry?
(a) Reuven does not talk about being angry.
(b) The reception of his father's book.
(c) Kalman's actions.
(d) Who Rachel is becoming serious with romantically.
13. Why are Rachel and Reuven nervous about what Michael is doing?
(a) He might lose a lot of money.
(b) Michael is taunting the boy who gave him a nosebleed.
(c) He is in danger of falling again.
(d) They are afraid Michael might rile up the neighborhood gangs.
14. What kind of game do Reuven, Rachel and Michael go to?
(a) Ring toss.
(b) A bottle knock down.
(c) Ball throwing.
(d) A dice game.
15. What type of an emergency has Danny had in this chapter that tires him?
(a) His father dies.
(b) The hospital where Daniel works catches fire.
(c) An emergency with a schizophrenic boy.
(d) His house catches fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
2. What does Kalman ask of Reuven?
3. Who has shut himself up for twenty years?
4. About what does Michael display much knowledge?
5. Why does Reuven say he visited the Frankel library?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)