|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kalman do in protest about the planned changes at his school?
(a) Stops coming to class.
(b) Moves to Israel.
(c) Leaves the United States for his homeland.
(d) Threatens suicide.
2. What does Reuven's father finish?
(a) His manuscript.
(b) A textbook for his students about zoology.
(c) A series of lectures at local Jewish Zionist chapters.
(d) Building a prayer room onto the house.
3. How is Michael's treatment progressing?
(a) It has been terminated.
(b) It is not productive as yet.
(c) It has cured Michael and he is going home.
(d) It is going as planned.
4. What is one consequence of the orthodox reaction to Rav Kalman's article?
(a) David Malter may lose his job.
(b) More scholars are moving towards orthodoxy.
(c) The orthodox contingent at David's workplace do not know if they should approve of his book being published.
(d) More scholars are leaving orthodoxy.
5. What do the teachers at Professor Gordon's school think about David Malter's book?
(a) They think it is poorly written.
(b) They think it is heretical.
(c) They love it.
(d) They have serious reservations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Professor Gordon look over at the Zechariah Frankel library?
2. What enrages Michael and causes him to organize a group of boys to try to get out of the treatment center?
3. What happens to Michael while he is arguing?
4. What does Rav Kalman ask Reuven?
5. Who does Kalman say was his teacher of the Torah?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)