|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting at the opening to Chapter 8?
(a) Rav Kalman's Torah class.
(b) The Frankel library.
(c) A sailboat on the East River.
(d) Professor Gordon's home.
2. What does Reuven continue to do with Rav Kalman?
(a) Try to get Rachel Gordon to date him.
(b) Read obscure textual commentaries.
(c) Explain David Malter's book.
(d) Argue with Rav Kalman about the existence of God.
3. Who does Kalman say was his teacher of the Torah?
(a) His father.
(b) One of the greatest teachers of the Torah in the world.
(c) He does not mention from where he learns the Torah.
(d) He is self taught.
4. What does Reuven tell Danny when he returns to Danny?
(a) That Danny's father is very perturbed with Danny.
(b) That Danny's father is delighted to hear about Rachel.
(c) That Reuven told Reb Saunders about Danny's involvement with Rachel.
(d) That Reuven is not going to see Michael anymore.
5. Where is Reuven at the opening of Chapter 9?
(a) In the Frankel library.
(b) With Danny.
(c) In another of Rav Kalman's classes.
(d) With Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Danny to visit?
2. How does Reuven's father encourage Reuven to act towards Kalman?
3. Who is the Jewish, elderly man who comes up to Reuven, Rachel and Michael?
4. Where does Reuven go the day after the fair?
5. How is Rachel's aunt helping Professor Gordon?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)