|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What enrages Michael and causes him to organize a group of boys to try to get out of the treatment center?
(a) Michael learning that Danny and Rachel are involved romantically.
(b) Professor Gordon telling Michael he will be disinherited.
(c) Danny telling Michael he is to be institutionalized.
(d) Learning that Professor Gordon has conceded many issues to the orthodoxy.
2. Why does Reuven say he visited the Frankel library?
(a) To sign a petition to the city about discrimination.
(b) To help his father in research.
(c) To meet with a friend who lives nearby.
(d) To meet with Rachel.
3. What sect is the seminary that Reuven attends?
4. Who is David Malter?
(a) Reuven's father.
(b) Reuven's grandfather.
(c) Reuven's neighbor.
(d) Michael's uncle.
5. What is going on with Michael during this time?
(a) He is talking about his feelings finally.
(b) He is in a coma.
(c) He is sitting silent and motionless on his mattress.
(d) He has killed himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Reuven at the opening of Chapter 9?
2. What is the day after the sailing trip?
3. What does Danny want Reuven to convince Michael's parents to do?
4. What surprises Kalman's Torah class?
5. Who is Rachel Gorden?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)