|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kalman keep telling Reuven as far as Reuven himself is concerned?
(a) Kalman does not know what to do with Reuven.
(b) Kalman believes Reuven is misguided by his father.
(c) Kalman thinks Reuven is not suited to being a Rabbi.
(d) Kalman thinks Reuven would be better as a hands-on Rabbi rather than a theoretical one.
2. Who asks Danny to visit?
(a) Professor Mink.
(b) David Malter.
(c) Rav Kalman.
(d) Abraham Gordon.
3. What does the narrator decide to do?
(a) Return to Eurpoe after it is rebuilt.
(b) Join the army.
(c) Go to rabbinical school.
(d) Move to Israel.
4. Who is the Jewish, elderly man who comes up to Reuven, Rachel and Michael?
(a) The local Rabbi.
(b) Michael's grandfather.
(c) The booth attendant's father.
(d) A visiting Rabbi from Israel.
5. Where does Reuven go after Kalman's class?
(a) To see Michael.
(b) To talk to the Rabbi of his synogogue.
(c) To see Rachel.
(d) To sail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Against what does Kalman fight?
2. What does Michael say his nosebleeds are not a result of?
3. What leads Reuven to read books by Professor Gordon?
4. About what does Michael feel bad?
5. Why is Professor Gordon exhausted at the opening to Chapter 4?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)