|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What classes does Reuven study?
(d) Religion and philosophy.
2. Who is Reuven?
(a) The mayor of Peekskill.
(b) The narrator.
(c) A shoemaker.
(d) A baker in the neighborhood.
3. Why does Michael hate his parents?
(a) Because they want him to be what he is not.
(b) Because they pay more attention to Rachel than to him.
(c) Because they disregarded his feelings in their battles.
(d) Michael does not hate his parents.
4. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
(a) The government offered free housing to people who would work in the factories there during the war.
(b) People are escaping persecution in other countries.
(c) A high birth rate after the end of WWII.
(d) The population has not increased much at all.
5. What does Reuven realize about Danny's work with Michael?
(a) It is motivated by deep compassion.
(b) It is a shot in the dark.
(c) It is an attempt to justify Danny's own life choices.
(d) It is ineffective.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator decide to do?
2. What does Michael do that he is cheated out of?
3. Why can't Danny meet with Professor Gordon?
4. Where is Reuven at the opening of Chapter 9?
5. What type of an emergency has Danny had in this chapter that tires him?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)