|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is David Malter offered a position?
(a) He does not want a new position.
(b) At the Frankel Seminary.
(d) At the Yeshiva where Professor Gordon teaches.
2. What does Reuven notice about his father?
(a) Nothing in particular.
(b) He seems more optimistic.
(c) He seems depressed and sick.
(d) He is moving on to other projects.
3. Who was Nota Finkel?
(a) He was excommuicated in the 1800s for heresy.
(b) He was a well-known Talmudist.
(c) He was a fanatical Zionist who changed his mind about Israel.
(d) He quashed a secularist revolt.
4. What does Reuven feel towards Kalman?
5. How does David Malter react to the article Kalman writes about Malter's book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Reuven at the opening of Chapter 9?
2. According to Reuven, with whom are the Hasid at war?
3. Why does Michael hate orthodox Jews?
4. What do the teachers at Professor Gordon's school think about David Malter's book?
5. What does Kalman say to Reuven in class?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)