|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the setting at the opening of the Introduction?
(a) Long Island.
2. What does Professor Gordon look over at the Zechariah Frankel library?
(a) Negative reviews of his works.
(b) He does not go to the library because they are too restrictive.
(c) A new theory about the writing of the Talmud.
(d) Some books on mental illness.
3. What does Danny tell Reuven about Kalman?
(a) Kalman has said disturbing things about Reuven.
(b) Kalman has become engaged.
(c) Kalman is speaking next week at the theological seminar.
(d) Kalman has written a review of David Malter's book.
4. About whom does Rachel ask Reuven?
(a) Reuven's father.
(c) Kotzker Rebbe.
(d) Reuven's sister.
5. Why is Professor Gordon exhausted at the opening to Chapter 4?
(a) Because he has had the flu.
(b) From working so hard on a new book.
(c) From his worldwide travels.
(d) From a speaking engagment in San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Rachel's aunt helping Professor Gordon?
2. What does Reuven take Danny on Friday?
3. What does Reuven's father finish?
4. Who does Kalman believe has the authority to interpret ancient Hebrew texts?
5. How is Michael doing?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)