|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Jewish, elderly man who comes up to Reuven, Rachel and Michael?
(a) A visiting Rabbi from Israel.
(b) Michael's grandfather.
(c) The booth attendant's father.
(d) The local Rabbi.
2. Who is Reuven?
(a) A baker in the neighborhood.
(b) The mayor of Peekskill.
(c) The narrator.
(d) A shoemaker.
3. What does Danny say about Kotzker Rebbe?
(a) He is demonic.
(b) He is delusional.
(c) He is heroic.
(d) He is isolated.
4. According to Reuven, what will happen to the Hasid if they do not change?
(a) They will grow stronger.
(b) They will stagnate.
(c) They will lose.
(d) They will be left at the wayside.
5. What is the setting at the opening to Chapter 8?
(a) The Frankel library.
(b) Rav Kalman's Torah class.
(c) Professor Gordon's home.
(d) A sailboat on the East River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Reb Saunders happy to think about the Gordon family?
2. What is one adjective that describes Kalman?
3. With whom does Greenfield argue?
4. What past experience of Rabbi Kalman's does Reuven mention?
5. With whom does Kotzker Rebbe have disagreements?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)