|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reuven say about Rachel Gordon?
(a) That she is too intellectual for him to consider her as a wife.
(b) That she is part of an excommunicated family and therefore someone he could not marry.
(c) That she is not educated enough for him to be interested in her.
(d) That there was nothing between him and Rachel.
2. What does Professor Gordon look over at the Zechariah Frankel library?
(a) Negative reviews of his works.
(b) A new theory about the writing of the Talmud.
(c) Some books on mental illness.
(d) He does not go to the library because they are too restrictive.
3. According to Rueven's friend, what rumors are circulating through the seminary?
(a) That Reuven is going to apply to Professor Gordon's seminary.
(b) That Reuven is going to be dismissed from seminary.
(c) That Kalman has a personal vendetta against Professor Gordon,
(d) That Reuven plans to marry Rachel Gordon.
4. Why are the Gordons angry with Rachel?
(a) She let Michael gamble.
(b) She didn't bring Michael home after his first nosebleed.
(c) She lied to her father.
(d) She is with a non-Jewish date.
5. With whom is Reuven dissatisfied in the flashback?
(a) Reuven's father.
(b) Professor Gordon.
(c) Rabbi Rav Kalman
(d) Reuven's oldest brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is David Malter?
2. What does Kalman keep telling Reuven as far as Reuven himself is concerned?
3. What does Reuven decide to teach Michael?
4. What does Kalman ask of Reuven?
5. According to rumors, what is one thing Kalman goes through during WWII?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)