|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Reuven visit after speaking with Kalman?
(a) Danny Saunders.
(b) David Malter.
(d) Rachel Gordon.
2. What leads Reuven to read books by Professor Gordon?
(a) Reuven's father asks him to do so.
(b) Reuven's distaste for Rabbi Kalman.
(c) Reuven's search for meaning.
(d) Reuven's interest in Rachel Gordon.
3. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
(a) He blacks out.
(b) He gets a ticket.
(d) He is arrested for disrespect to a police officer.
4. According to Rueven's friend, what rumors are circulating through the seminary?
(a) That Reuven is going to be dismissed from seminary.
(b) That Reuven is going to apply to Professor Gordon's seminary.
(c) That Kalman has a personal vendetta against Professor Gordon,
(d) That Reuven plans to marry Rachel Gordon.
5. What problem has Professor Gordon had?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) A case of flu.
(c) A bout with polio.
(d) A problem with shingles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael burn?
2. What surprises Kalman's Torah class?
3. What does Michael still refuse to do?
4. How does Reuven describe Professor Gordon?
5. Who does Kalman believe has the authority to interpret ancient Hebrew texts?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)