|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Michael taken away?
(a) For trying to slit his wrists.
(b) For slapping Rachel.
(c) For screaming obscenities at other patients.
(d) For setting a fire and cutting Reuven.
2. Who asks Reuven to talk with Michael?
(a) Professor Gordon.
(c) Reuven's father.
(d) Rachel Gordon.
3. How was Danny taught about suffering by his father?
(a) Danny's father makes him beg at Coney Island on Saturdays.
(b) Danny's father shows him pictures of bombed cities.
(c) Danny's father takes him to post-WWII Germany.
(d) Danny's father only spoke to him when studying the Talmud.
4. Why does Michael hate orthodox Jews?
(a) Because the girl he likes father is one and he will not allow them to see each other.
(b) Because they are fanatics and hypocrites.
(c) Because they make other Jews look unholy.
(d) He does not hate them; he is fascinated with them.
5. About what does Michael display much knowledge?
(a) Horse racing.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reuven, what will happen to the Hasid if they do not change?
2. Where does Reuven encounter Professor Gordon?
3. What does Reuven tell Danny when he returns to Danny?
4. How does Reuven's father encourage Reuven to act towards Kalman?
5. How is Michael doing?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)