|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Jewish, elderly man who comes up to Reuven, Rachel and Michael?
(a) The booth attendant's father.
(b) The local Rabbi.
(c) Michael's grandfather.
(d) A visiting Rabbi from Israel.
2. What does Danny say about Michael?
(a) He is quite mentally ill.
(b) There is nothing wrong with him.
(c) He is just suffering from adolescent hormones.
(d) He is only mildly neurotic.
3. Who has shut himself up for twenty years?
(a) The man who lives on Reuven's street.
(b) Reuven's great-grandmother.
(c) Reuven's uncle.
(d) Kotzker Rebbe.
4. What does Reuven take Danny on Friday?
(a) An invitation to a theological discussion.
(b) A copy of Kalman's commentaries on David Malter's book.
(c) A written transcript of a conversation with Michael.
(d) A copy of David Malter's book.
5. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
(a) A high birth rate after the end of WWII.
(b) People are escaping persecution in other countries.
(c) The population has not increased much at all.
(d) The government offered free housing to people who would work in the factories there during the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Reuven encounter Professor Gordon?
2. Why does Kalman ask Reuven to stay after class?
3. How does David Malter react to the article Kalman writes about Malter's book?
4. What does Michael do that he is cheated out of?
5. When does Michael begin treatment?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)