|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Reuven encounter Professor Gordon?
(a) At Ellis Island.
(b) The library.
(c) The zoo.
(d) At the hospital while visiting Michael.
2. What book does Reuven read by Kalman on the subway?
(a) A book on ethics.
(b) A book on the reasons for excommunication of a member of the Jewish community.
(c) A book about some very obscure passages in the Talmud.
(d) A book on interpreting techniques.
3. What does Kalman have Reuven read aloud?
(a) Parts of Kalman's newest publication.
(b) The writ of excommication of Professor Gordon.
(c) Texts by Gemora.
(d) The laws of ex-communication.
4. Who is Rachel Gorden?
(a) The narrator's grandmama.
(b) A woman the narrator meets at a Spring party.
(c) A traveling circus member.
(d) The neighborhood rabbi's daughter.
5. According to Rueven's friend, what rumors are circulating through the seminary?
(a) That Reuven is going to be dismissed from seminary.
(b) That Reuven plans to marry Rachel Gordon.
(c) That Kalman has a personal vendetta against Professor Gordon,
(d) That Reuven is going to apply to Professor Gordon's seminary.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Michael display much knowledge?
2. Who does Kalman say was his teacher of the Torah?
3. When does Michael begin treatment?
4. What does Michael see in himself?
5. With whom does Kotzker Rebbe have disagreements?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)