|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many typographical errors does Reuven's father find in his new book?
2. Who is Abraham Gordon?
(a) The temple cantor.
(b) Rachel Gorden's father.
(c) A man who escaped from Ravensbrook.
(d) A professor who is hated by the Jewish orthodoxy.
3. Where do the narrator and Rachel spend the summer together?
(a) In Nova Scotia.
(b) On a ranch in the Rockies.
(c) In New Brunswick.
(d) In Peekskill.
4. According to rumors, what is one thing Kalman goes through during WWII?
(a) Seeing his family shot.
(b) Being forced to work in mines in Poland.
(c) Seeing his children taken for adoption by German families.
(d) Fleeing from Germany to Australia.
5. What does Kalman say to Reuven in class?
(a) Only what is relevant to the daily lesson.
(b) He acts as though nothing is different.
(c) He apologizes for his article about Reuven's father's book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reuven tell Danny when he returns to Danny?
2. How was Danny taught about suffering by his father?
3. What does Professor Gordon look over at the Zechariah Frankel library?
4. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
5. Out of what class does Greenfield stalk?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)