|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kalman believe has the authority to interpret ancient Hebrew texts?
(a) The great commentators of old.
(b) Only an ordained Rabbi.
(c) No one.
(d) Anyone who has studied the necessary prerequisites.
2. How is Michael doing?
(a) He is fine and has been released from treatment.
(b) He has had a major breakdown.
(c) Reuven does not know.
(d) As well as can be expected.
3. What does Kalman keep telling Reuven as far as Reuven himself is concerned?
(a) Kalman thinks Reuven is not suited to being a Rabbi.
(b) Kalman believes Reuven is misguided by his father.
(c) Kalman does not know what to do with Reuven.
(d) Kalman thinks Reuven would be better as a hands-on Rabbi rather than a theoretical one.
4. Who is Abraham Gordon?
(a) A man who escaped from Ravensbrook.
(b) The temple cantor.
(c) Rachel Gorden's father.
(d) A professor who is hated by the Jewish orthodoxy.
5. Who is Michael Gordon?
(a) Rachel's cousin.
(b) Rachel's brother.
(c) Rachel's father.
(d) Rachel's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many typographical errors does Reuven's father find in his new book?
2. Why can't Danny meet with Professor Gordon?
3. What does Michael talk about in the field of astronomy?
4. What is one image Michael sees in the clouds?
5. Who is Giordano Bruno?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)