|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rachel urging Michael to do?
(a) See a doctor.
(b) Stop rolling the dice.
(c) Go home to rest.
(d) Buy her a candied apple.
2. What does Reuven say about Rachel Gordon?
(a) That she is part of an excommunicated family and therefore someone he could not marry.
(b) That she is not educated enough for him to be interested in her.
(c) That she is too intellectual for him to consider her as a wife.
(d) That there was nothing between him and Rachel.
3. What does Reuven resist that Michael is saying?
(a) That Kalman is vicious and evil.
(b) That there is no god.
(c) That Michael should be allowed to come stay with Reuven.
(d) That God is not interested in Reb Kalman.
4. What is the day after the sailing trip?
(a) Yom Kippur.
(d) No special day.
5. What does Kalman say Reuven has to do before Kalman will offer his scholarly approval of Reuven?
(a) Write an interpretation using strictly orthodox standards.
(b) Write an essay comparing orthodoxy and heterodoxy.
(c) Make a decision.
(d) Bring his father in to talk with Kalman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Reuven encounter Professor Gordon?
2. What does Reuven hear about Michael?
3. Who is Danny?
4. What does Reuven tell Danny when he returns to Danny?
5. With whom does Greenfield argue?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)