|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has shut himself up for twenty years?
(a) Reuven's uncle.
(b) Reuven's great-grandmother.
(c) The man who lives on Reuven's street.
(d) Kotzker Rebbe.
2. Why is Professor Gordon exhausted at the opening to Chapter 4?
(a) From working so hard on a new book.
(b) From his worldwide travels.
(c) From a speaking engagment in San Francisco.
(d) Because he has had the flu.
3. What does Reuven decide to teach Michael?
(a) How to dance.
(b) How to whittle.
(c) How to sail.
(d) How to read Hebrew.
4. Who says it is not a good day to visit?
(a) Professor Gordon.
(b) Mrs. Gordon.
5. What past experience of Rabbi Kalman's does Reuven mention?
(a) The death of the Rabbi's oldest daughter.
(b) Fighting in the Jewish underground in Germany.
(c) Being interned in a concentration camp.
(d) Fleeing Germany New Zealand in the late 1930s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reuven say about Rachel Gordon?
2. For what purpose does Professor Gordon want Reuven to bring his friend Daniel Saunders to the Gordon home?
3. What happens to Michael while he is arguing?
4. What is one topic of conversation between Reuven and Michael the next day after the fair?
5. What is one thing Danny and Reuven discuss?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)