|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Reuven read by Kalman on the subway?
(a) A book on interpreting techniques.
(b) A book on ethics.
(c) A book on the reasons for excommunication of a member of the Jewish community.
(d) A book about some very obscure passages in the Talmud.
2. What sects have inhabited the narrator's neighborhood?
3. What is one thing Danny and Reuven discuss?
(a) The books on Danny's book shelves.
(b) War reparations from Germany.
4. What is one major point of Gordon's "theology"?
(a) Theology is not necessary in the modern world.
(b) God is a product of the sum of all souls.
(c) Jews can fail to believe but remain observant.
(d) All religions worship the same god.
5. Who asks Reuven to talk with Michael?
(a) Professor Gordon.
(b) Rachel Gordon.
(d) Reuven's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Reuven arrange to meet?
2. What happens to Michael on the drive home?
3. Who is Abraham Gordon?
4. What problem has Professor Gordon had?
5. With whom is Reuven dissatisfied in the flashback?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)