|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is the narrator's father writing a book?
(a) Peaceful negotiations.
(c) The crusades.
(d) The Talmud.
2. Who does Michael see briefly?
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandparents who are visiting from Israel.
(d) Mrs. Gordon.
3. What does Danny say about Michael?
(a) He is just suffering from adolescent hormones.
(b) He is only mildly neurotic.
(c) There is nothing wrong with him.
(d) He is quite mentally ill.
4. What does Kalman have Reuven read aloud?
(a) Parts of Kalman's newest publication.
(b) The writ of excommication of Professor Gordon.
(c) Texts by Gemora.
(d) The laws of ex-communication.
5. Where does Reuven encounter Professor Gordon?
(a) At the hospital while visiting Michael.
(b) The library.
(c) The zoo.
(d) At Ellis Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael do that he is cheated out of?
2. Why does Michael hate orthodox Jews?
3. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
4. What book does Reuven read by Kalman on the subway?
5. What type of an emergency has Danny had in this chapter that tires him?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)