|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads Reuven to read books by Professor Gordon?
(a) Reuven's interest in Rachel Gordon.
(b) Reuven's search for meaning.
(c) Reuven's father asks him to do so.
(d) Reuven's distaste for Rabbi Kalman.
2. To what time does a flashback go?
(a) Fall, 1949.
(b) January, 1948.
(c) January, 1950.
(d) Fall, 1949.
3. Whose class is Reuven in at the opening of Chapter 6?
(a) His father's.
(b) Rav Kalman.
(c) Professor Gordon.
4. What does Danny say about Michael?
(a) He is just suffering from adolescent hormones.
(b) He is quite mentally ill.
(c) There is nothing wrong with him.
(d) He is only mildly neurotic.
5. According to Reuven, with whom are the Hasid at war?
(a) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Gordons angry with Rachel?
2. How does Reuven describe Professor Gordon?
3. What sects have inhabited the narrator's neighborhood?
4. Where do the narrator and Rachel spend the summer together?
5. What does Michael burn?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)