|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What classes does Reuven study?
(c) Religion and philosophy.
2. Where does Reuven encounter Professor Gordon?
(a) At Ellis Island.
(b) The zoo.
(c) The library.
(d) At the hospital while visiting Michael.
3. What does Professor Gordon look over at the Zechariah Frankel library?
(a) Some books on mental illness.
(b) A new theory about the writing of the Talmud.
(c) Negative reviews of his works.
(d) He does not go to the library because they are too restrictive.
4. What is one topic of conversation between Reuven and Michael the next day after the fair?
(a) Michael's nosebleeds.
(b) Rachel's good points.
(c) The defeat of Germany.
(d) Rachel's family.
5. What is one possible explanation for Michael's nosebleeds?
(a) Being underweight.
(d) Being overweight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Michael while he is arguing?
2. What does Michael see in himself?
3. Where is the setting at the opening of the Introduction?
4. Who is the Jewish, elderly man who comes up to Reuven, Rachel and Michael?
5. About what does Michael display much knowledge?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)