|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one major point of Gordon's "theology"?
(a) God is a product of the sum of all souls.
(b) Jews can fail to believe but remain observant.
(c) Theology is not necessary in the modern world.
(d) All religions worship the same god.
2. According to Rueven's friend, what rumors are circulating through the seminary?
(a) That Reuven plans to marry Rachel Gordon.
(b) That Reuven is going to apply to Professor Gordon's seminary.
(c) That Kalman has a personal vendetta against Professor Gordon,
(d) That Reuven is going to be dismissed from seminary.
3. For what purpose does Professor Gordon want Reuven to bring his friend Daniel Saunders to the Gordon home?
(a) To see if Daniel and Michael will hit if off.
(b) Because Rachel would like to meet Daniel.
(c) As a mitzvah.
(d) To ask Daniel about his experiences in a concentration camp.
4. About what is the narrator's father writing a book?
(a) Peaceful negotiations.
(b) The Talmud.
(d) The crusades.
5. Who calls Reuven and is acting odd?
(b) Professor Gordon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Michael while he is arguing?
2. What kind of game do Reuven, Rachel and Michael go to?
3. Why is Professor Gordon exhausted at the opening to Chapter 4?
4. What does Reuven say about Rachel Gordon?
5. Why can't Danny meet with Professor Gordon?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)