|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What past experience of Rabbi Kalman's does Reuven mention?
(a) Being interned in a concentration camp.
(b) Fighting in the Jewish underground in Germany.
(c) Fleeing Germany New Zealand in the late 1930s.
(d) The death of the Rabbi's oldest daughter.
2. With whom does Kotzker Rebbe have disagreements?
(a) The Zionists.
(b) No one.
(c) The reformed Jews.
(d) Many Hasidic sects.
3. Why does Reuven say he visited the Frankel library?
(a) To meet with Rachel.
(b) To help his father in research.
(c) To meet with a friend who lives nearby.
(d) To sign a petition to the city about discrimination.
4. To what religion does the narrator's neighborhood belong?
5. Why is Professor Gordon exhausted at the opening to Chapter 4?
(a) Because he has had the flu.
(b) From his worldwide travels.
(c) From working so hard on a new book.
(d) From a speaking engagment in San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kalman ask Reuven one day after class?
2. What is the day after the sailing trip?
3. What leads Reuven to read books by Professor Gordon?
4. What does Professor Gordon look over at the Zechariah Frankel library?
5. Where does Reuven encounter Professor Gordon?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)