|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what time does a flashback go?
(a) January, 1948.
(b) Fall, 1949.
(c) January, 1950.
(d) Fall, 1949.
2. Why is Professor Gordon exhausted at the opening to Chapter 4?
(a) From working so hard on a new book.
(b) From his worldwide travels.
(c) From a speaking engagment in San Francisco.
(d) Because he has had the flu.
3. What past experience of Rabbi Kalman's does Reuven mention?
(a) Fleeing Germany New Zealand in the late 1930s.
(b) The death of the Rabbi's oldest daughter.
(c) Being interned in a concentration camp.
(d) Fighting in the Jewish underground in Germany.
4. What is one major point of Gordon's "theology"?
(a) All religions worship the same god.
(b) Jews can fail to believe but remain observant.
(c) God is a product of the sum of all souls.
(d) Theology is not necessary in the modern world.
5. When does Reuven return to seminary?
(a) The Friday after Michael is taken to the treatment center.
(b) He has never been in seminary.
(c) He is going to sit out one semester and then go back.
(d) He decides not to return.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says it is not a good day to visit?
2. How does Reuven describe Professor Gordon?
3. About what does Michael feel bad?
4. What does Michael do that he is cheated out of?
5. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)