|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time frame does Chapter 5 concern?
(a) It is not stated.
(b) Early 1951.
(c) Autumn to early December of 1951.
(d) Late 1952.
2. Why are Rachel and Reuven nervous about what Michael is doing?
(a) They are afraid Michael might rile up the neighborhood gangs.
(b) He is in danger of falling again.
(c) He might lose a lot of money.
(d) Michael is taunting the boy who gave him a nosebleed.
3. How often does Reuven see Rachel between October and December?
(a) Almost daily.
(d) Several days a week.
4. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
(a) The population has not increased much at all.
(b) People are escaping persecution in other countries.
(c) A high birth rate after the end of WWII.
(d) The government offered free housing to people who would work in the factories there during the war.
5. Who does Michael see briefly?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandparents who are visiting from Israel.
(d) Mrs. Gordon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many therapists has Michael been to over the past 14 months?
2. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
3. What does Reuven decide to teach Michael?
4. To what religion does the narrator's neighborhood belong?
5. Who is Abraham Gordon?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)