|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michael hate orthodox Jews?
(a) Because the girl he likes father is one and he will not allow them to see each other.
(b) He does not hate them; he is fascinated with them.
(c) Because they are fanatics and hypocrites.
(d) Because they make other Jews look unholy.
2. Who is the Jewish, elderly man who comes up to Reuven, Rachel and Michael?
(a) The local Rabbi.
(b) Michael's grandfather.
(c) A visiting Rabbi from Israel.
(d) The booth attendant's father.
3. Who is Danny?
(a) The grocery boy.
(b) Reuven's younger brother.
(c) Reuven's first cousin.
(d) Reuven's best friend.
4. Why are the Gordons angry with Rachel?
(a) She didn't bring Michael home after his first nosebleed.
(b) She lied to her father.
(c) She is with a non-Jewish date.
(d) She let Michael gamble.
5. Where does Reuven encounter Professor Gordon?
(a) At Ellis Island.
(b) The library.
(c) The zoo.
(d) At the hospital while visiting Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rachel urging Michael to do?
2. What is one image Michael sees in the clouds?
3. What sects have inhabited the narrator's neighborhood?
4. How was Danny taught about suffering by his father?
5. Who does Reuven call the day after he and Michael go sailing?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)