|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Reuven describe Professor Gordon?
(a) A very liberal Jewish Rabbi.
(b) A fanatical Zionist.
(c) A fanatical, orthodox Rabbi.
(d) A kind, gentle soul.
2. With whom is Reuven dissatisfied in the flashback?
(a) Reuven's father.
(b) Professor Gordon.
(c) Reuven's oldest brother.
(d) Rabbi Rav Kalman
3. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
(a) People are escaping persecution in other countries.
(b) A high birth rate after the end of WWII.
(c) The government offered free housing to people who would work in the factories there during the war.
(d) The population has not increased much at all.
4. When does Reuven return to seminary?
(a) He is going to sit out one semester and then go back.
(b) He decides not to return.
(c) He has never been in seminary.
(d) The Friday after Michael is taken to the treatment center.
5. What time frame does Chapter 5 concern?
(a) Autumn to early December of 1951.
(b) It is not stated.
(c) Early 1951.
(d) Late 1952.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael do that he is cheated out of?
2. What do Michael and Reuven talk about as far as the clouds go?
3. What past experience of Rabbi Kalman's does Reuven mention?
4. Who is Danny?
5. About what is the narrator's father writing a book?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)