|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rachel Gorden?
(a) The neighborhood rabbi's daughter.
(b) The narrator's grandmama.
(c) A woman the narrator meets at a Spring party.
(d) A traveling circus member.
2. What is one image Michael sees in the clouds?
(b) His dead grandfather.
(c) Mount Olympus.
(d) The old man from the fair the night before.
3. What leads Reuven to read books by Professor Gordon?
(a) Reuven's interest in Rachel Gordon.
(b) Reuven's distaste for Rabbi Kalman.
(c) Reuven's search for meaning.
(d) Reuven's father asks him to do so.
4. About what does Michael feel bad?
(a) How he acted the night before.
(b) That his mother is disappointed in him.
(c) That he is setting a poor example for his brother.
(d) That his father will confront the old man.
5. What kind of game do Reuven, Rachel and Michael go to?
(a) A bottle knock down.
(b) A dice game.
(c) Ball throwing.
(d) Ring toss.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Kotzker Rebbe have disagreements?
2. What does Reuven hear about Michael?
3. What does Professor Gordon look over at the Zechariah Frankel library?
4. Who is Michael Gordon?
5. Why can't Danny meet with Professor Gordon?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)