|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what time does a flashback go?
(a) Fall, 1949.
(b) January, 1950.
(c) Fall, 1949.
(d) January, 1948.
2. Why are the Gordons angry with Rachel?
(a) She is with a non-Jewish date.
(b) She let Michael gamble.
(c) She didn't bring Michael home after his first nosebleed.
(d) She lied to her father.
3. What is one thing that is established in the narrator's neighborhood as it becomes more populous?
(a) Educational institutions.
(b) Two rival gangs.
(c) A neighborhood watch system.
(d) A bookie system.
4. Where do the narrator and Rachel spend the summer together?
(a) In New Brunswick.
(b) In Peekskill.
(c) In Nova Scotia.
(d) On a ranch in the Rockies.
5. What is the day after the sailing trip?
(c) Yom Kippur.
(d) No special day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rachel urging Michael to do?
2. What does the narrator decide to do?
3. Why does Michael hate orthodox Jews?
4. Who does Reuven arrange to meet?
5. How often does Reuven see Rachel between October and December?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)