|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads Reuven to read books by Professor Gordon?
(a) Reuven's distaste for Rabbi Kalman.
(b) Reuven's father asks him to do so.
(c) Reuven's interest in Rachel Gordon.
(d) Reuven's search for meaning.
2. For what purpose does Professor Gordon want Reuven to bring his friend Daniel Saunders to the Gordon home?
(a) As a mitzvah.
(b) To ask Daniel about his experiences in a concentration camp.
(c) To see if Daniel and Michael will hit if off.
(d) Because Rachel would like to meet Daniel.
3. When does Michael begin treatment?
(a) The second week in October.
(b) He starts the same day that Michael returns to classes.
(c) He agrees to start after the new year.
(d) He refuses treatment.
4. What does Michael see in himself?
(a) A cynic.
(b) Some of his father.
(c) A passionate truth seeker.
(d) His grandfather.
5. What is Rachel urging Michael to do?
(a) See a doctor.
(b) Buy her a candied apple.
(c) Go home to rest.
(d) Stop rolling the dice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael say he cannot get out of his head?
2. What is one image Michael sees in the clouds?
3. Who does Reuven arrange to meet?
4. How is Rachel's aunt helping Professor Gordon?
5. How is Michael doing?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)