|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Reuven dissatisfied in the flashback?
(a) Reuven's oldest brother.
(b) Reuven's father.
(c) Professor Gordon.
(d) Rabbi Rav Kalman
2. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
(a) The population has not increased much at all.
(b) People are escaping persecution in other countries.
(c) The government offered free housing to people who would work in the factories there during the war.
(d) A high birth rate after the end of WWII.
3. Who does Reuven arrange to meet?
(a) Professor Gordon.
(b) Reuven's uncle.
(c) Reuven's grandfather.
4. With whom does Kotzker Rebbe have disagreements?
(a) No one.
(b) Many Hasidic sects.
(c) The reformed Jews.
(d) The Zionists.
5. Who is Giordano Bruno?
(a) A famous doctor from Sicily.
(b) The neighborhood baker.
(c) A man burned at the stake for preaching that the stars were suns.
(d) A famous painter from Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator decide to do?
2. What does Reuven hear about Michael?
3. Who is Michael Gordon?
4. What happens to Michael on the drive home?
5. Who is Reuven?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)