|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Gordons angry with Rachel?
(a) She didn't bring Michael home after his first nosebleed.
(b) She lied to her father.
(c) She let Michael gamble.
(d) She is with a non-Jewish date.
2. About what does Professor Gordon ask Reuben?
(a) The fair and Michael's behavior.
(b) If God is demanding.
(c) If Reuven is interested in Rachel.
(d) Whether God is a just god.
3. What leads Reuven to read books by Professor Gordon?
(a) Reuven's father asks him to do so.
(b) Reuven's search for meaning.
(c) Reuven's interest in Rachel Gordon.
(d) Reuven's distaste for Rabbi Kalman.
4. What do Michael and Reuven talk about as far as the clouds go?
(a) Whether they portend a storm.
(b) What the shapes look like.
(c) If the clouds are solid in another dimension.
(d) If they can support angels.
5. With whom is Reuven dissatisfied in the flashback?
(a) Reuven's oldest brother.
(b) Reuven's father.
(c) Professor Gordon.
(d) Rabbi Rav Kalman
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reuven decide to teach Michael?
2. What does Michael say he cannot get out of his head?
3. About what is the narrator's father writing a book?
4. Who is Rachel Gorden?
5. Who has shut himself up for twenty years?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)