|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Danny say about Michael?
(a) There is nothing wrong with him.
(b) He is only mildly neurotic.
(c) He is quite mentally ill.
(d) He is just suffering from adolescent hormones.
2. What is the name of the narrator in the Introduction?
(d) He is not yet named.
3. What does Professor Gordon look over at the Zechariah Frankel library?
(a) Some books on mental illness.
(b) Negative reviews of his works.
(c) He does not go to the library because they are too restrictive.
(d) A new theory about the writing of the Talmud.
4. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
(a) A high birth rate after the end of WWII.
(b) The population has not increased much at all.
(c) The government offered free housing to people who would work in the factories there during the war.
(d) People are escaping persecution in other countries.
5. To what time does a flashback go?
(a) January, 1948.
(b) Fall, 1949.
(c) January, 1950.
(d) Fall, 1949.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the narrator and Rachel spend the summer together?
2. About what does Michael display much knowledge?
3. About what does Professor Gordon ask Reuben?
4. What sects have inhabited the narrator's neighborhood?
5. Who does Reuven call the day after he and Michael go sailing?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)