|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Rachel and Reuven nervous about what Michael is doing?
(a) They are afraid Michael might rile up the neighborhood gangs.
(b) Michael is taunting the boy who gave him a nosebleed.
(c) He is in danger of falling again.
(d) He might lose a lot of money.
2. Why can't Danny meet with Professor Gordon?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He is in Europe.
(c) He has to work.
(d) He has an emergency.
3. What is one image Michael sees in the clouds?
(a) Mount Olympus.
(b) His dead grandfather.
(d) The old man from the fair the night before.
4. Why does Michael hate orthodox Jews?
(a) Because the girl he likes father is one and he will not allow them to see each other.
(b) Because they are fanatics and hypocrites.
(c) Because they make other Jews look unholy.
(d) He does not hate them; he is fascinated with them.
5. What does Michael say his nosebleeds are not a result of?
(b) Thin blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Reuven describe Professor Gordon?
2. Where is the setting at the opening of the Introduction?
3. Where do the narrator and Rachel spend the summer together?
4. Who is Reuven?
5. What is Rachel urging Michael to do?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)