|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michael hate orthodox Jews?
(a) Because they are fanatics and hypocrites.
(b) Because they make other Jews look unholy.
(c) Because the girl he likes father is one and he will not allow them to see each other.
(d) He does not hate them; he is fascinated with them.
2. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
(a) He is arrested for disrespect to a police officer.
(b) He blacks out.
(d) He gets a ticket.
3. What is one possible explanation for Michael's nosebleeds?
(a) Being overweight.
(c) Being underweight.
4. Who is Reuven?
(a) The mayor of Peekskill.
(b) A shoemaker.
(c) The narrator.
(d) A baker in the neighborhood.
5. Who is the Jewish, elderly man who comes up to Reuven, Rachel and Michael?
(a) The local Rabbi.
(b) Michael's grandfather.
(c) The booth attendant's father.
(d) A visiting Rabbi from Israel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing that is established in the narrator's neighborhood as it becomes more populous?
2. What happens to Michael on the drive home?
3. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
4. Why can't Danny meet with Professor Gordon?
5. Who is David Malter?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)