|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Abraham Gordon?
(a) A man who escaped from Ravensbrook.
(b) The temple cantor.
(c) Rachel Gorden's father.
(d) A professor who is hated by the Jewish orthodoxy.
2. Who is Michael Gordon?
(a) Rachel's cousin.
(b) Rachel's father.
(c) Rachel's uncle.
(d) Rachel's brother.
3. Who is Giordano Bruno?
(a) A famous doctor from Sicily.
(b) A man burned at the stake for preaching that the stars were suns.
(c) A famous painter from Italy.
(d) The neighborhood baker.
4. Who is Danny?
(a) Reuven's best friend.
(b) The grocery boy.
(c) Reuven's younger brother.
(d) Reuven's first cousin.
5. What happens to Michael on the drive home?
(a) He gets another nosebleed.
(b) He cries uncontrollably.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He giggles hysterically.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael say his nosebleeds are not a result of?
2. To what religion does the narrator's neighborhood belong?
3. Where is the setting at the opening of the Introduction?
4. About what is the narrator's father writing a book?
5. What does Michael say he cannot get out of his head?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)