|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is the narrator's father writing a book?
(b) The crusades.
(c) The Talmud.
(d) Peaceful negotiations.
2. Who says it is not a good day to visit?
(b) Professor Gordon.
(d) Mrs. Gordon.
3. What is one image Michael sees in the clouds?
(b) His dead grandfather.
(c) The old man from the fair the night before.
(d) Mount Olympus.
4. Who is Reuven?
(a) A shoemaker.
(b) The mayor of Peekskill.
(c) The narrator.
(d) A baker in the neighborhood.
5. Why are the Gordons angry with Rachel?
(a) She let Michael gamble.
(b) She lied to her father.
(c) She is with a non-Jewish date.
(d) She didn't bring Michael home after his first nosebleed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is David Malter?
2. What is Rachel urging Michael to do?
3. What does Reuven decide to teach Michael?
4. What does the narrator decide to do?
5. What is one thing that is established in the narrator's neighborhood as it becomes more populous?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)