|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Reuven call the day after he and Michael go sailing?
(b) Reuven's grandfather.
(d) Professor Gordon.
2. Who is Michael Gordon?
(a) Rachel's brother.
(b) Rachel's father.
(c) Rachel's uncle.
(d) Rachel's cousin.
3. What is one thing that is established in the narrator's neighborhood as it becomes more populous?
(a) Educational institutions.
(b) A bookie system.
(c) A neighborhood watch system.
(d) Two rival gangs.
4. Where does Reuven go the day after the fair?
(a) Coney Island.
(b) The Empire State Building.
(c) The beach.
(d) Times Square.
5. What does Michael say he cannot get out of his head?
(b) The booth attendant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What past experience of Rabbi Kalman's does Reuven mention?
2. What does Michael do that he is cheated out of?
3. Where is the setting at the opening of the Introduction?
4. What does Michael see in himself?
5. How does Reuven describe Professor Gordon?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)