|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
(a) The government offered free housing to people who would work in the factories there during the war.
(b) People are escaping persecution in other countries.
(c) A high birth rate after the end of WWII.
(d) The population has not increased much at all.
2. What does Michael say his nosebleeds are not a result of?
(c) Thin blood.
3. Who is Rachel Gorden?
(a) A woman the narrator meets at a Spring party.
(b) The neighborhood rabbi's daughter.
(c) A traveling circus member.
(d) The narrator's grandmama.
4. How does Michael get a nosebleed?
(b) Playing soccer.
(c) Tripping and falling down.
(d) Standing up in a ride at the fair.
5. What is one thing that is established in the narrator's neighborhood as it becomes more populous?
(a) A neighborhood watch system.
(b) Two rival gangs.
(c) Educational institutions.
(d) A bookie system.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Michael while he is arguing?
2. What leads Reuven to read books by Professor Gordon?
3. Who is Reuven?
4. Why are the Gordons angry with Rachel?
5. About what does Michael display much knowledge?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)