|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads Reuven to read books by Professor Gordon?
(a) Reuven's search for meaning.
(b) Reuven's father asks him to do so.
(c) Reuven's interest in Rachel Gordon.
(d) Reuven's distaste for Rabbi Kalman.
2. About what is the narrator's father writing a book?
(a) The Talmud.
(c) Peaceful negotiations.
(d) The crusades.
3. What does Michael say his nosebleeds are not a result of?
(b) Thin blood.
4. About what does Michael display much knowledge?
(c) Horse racing.
5. About what does Michael feel bad?
(a) That his mother is disappointed in him.
(b) That he is setting a poor example for his brother.
(c) How he acted the night before.
(d) That his father will confront the old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of game do Reuven, Rachel and Michael go to?
2. Who is Danny?
3. What happens to Michael on the drive home?
4. With whom is Reuven dissatisfied in the flashback?
5. Who is the Jewish, elderly man who comes up to Reuven, Rachel and Michael?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)