|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Reuven call the day after he and Michael go sailing?
(b) Professor Gordon.
(c) Reuven's grandfather.
2. Who is Michael Gordon?
(a) Rachel's brother.
(b) Rachel's cousin.
(c) Rachel's uncle.
(d) Rachel's father.
3. Who is the Jewish, elderly man who comes up to Reuven, Rachel and Michael?
(a) Michael's grandfather.
(b) A visiting Rabbi from Israel.
(c) The booth attendant's father.
(d) The local Rabbi.
4. Who is Giordano Bruno?
(a) The neighborhood baker.
(b) A famous painter from Italy.
(c) A famous doctor from Sicily.
(d) A man burned at the stake for preaching that the stars were suns.
5. What does Michael say he cannot get out of his head?
(c) The booth attendant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Michael while he is arguing?
2. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
3. What does Michael see in himself?
4. What sects have inhabited the narrator's neighborhood?
5. Why are Rachel and Reuven nervous about what Michael is doing?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)