|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Michael Gordon?
(a) Rachel's uncle.
(b) Rachel's brother.
(c) Rachel's cousin.
(d) Rachel's father.
2. Who is Rachel Gorden?
(a) The neighborhood rabbi's daughter.
(b) The narrator's grandmama.
(c) A traveling circus member.
(d) A woman the narrator meets at a Spring party.
3. What is one possible explanation for Michael's nosebleeds?
(a) Being overweight.
(d) Being underweight.
4. What is the day after the sailing trip?
(b) No special day.
(c) Yom Kippur.
5. About what is the narrator's father writing a book?
(a) Peaceful negotiations.
(b) The crusades.
(c) The Talmud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Michael and Reuven talk about as far as the clouds go?
2. What does the narrator decide to do?
3. What is one image Michael sees in the clouds?
4. Where do the narrator and Rachel spend the summer together?
5. What is one topic of conversation between Reuven and Michael the next day after the fair?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)