|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what time does a flashback go?
(a) Fall, 1949.
(b) January, 1948.
(c) Fall, 1949.
(d) January, 1950.
2. Why does Michael hate orthodox Jews?
(a) Because they make other Jews look unholy.
(b) Because the girl he likes father is one and he will not allow them to see each other.
(c) Because they are fanatics and hypocrites.
(d) He does not hate them; he is fascinated with them.
3. Where is the setting at the opening of the Introduction?
(c) Long Island.
4. To what religion does the narrator's neighborhood belong?
5. Where do the narrator and Rachel spend the summer together?
(a) On a ranch in the Rockies.
(b) In Nova Scotia.
(c) In Peekskill.
(d) In New Brunswick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rachel Gorden?
2. What is one possible explanation for Michael's nosebleeds?
3. Who is Michael Gordon?
4. Who does Reuven call the day after he and Michael go sailing?
5. Who is Abraham Gordon?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)