|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Reuven dissatisfied in the flashback?
(a) Rabbi Rav Kalman
(b) Reuven's father.
(c) Reuven's oldest brother.
(d) Professor Gordon.
2. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
(a) A high birth rate after the end of WWII.
(b) The government offered free housing to people who would work in the factories there during the war.
(c) The population has not increased much at all.
(d) People are escaping persecution in other countries.
3. Why are Rachel and Reuven nervous about what Michael is doing?
(a) They are afraid Michael might rile up the neighborhood gangs.
(b) Michael is taunting the boy who gave him a nosebleed.
(c) He is in danger of falling again.
(d) He might lose a lot of money.
4. What happens to Michael on the drive home?
(a) He gets another nosebleed.
(b) He giggles hysterically.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He cries uncontrollably.
5. What kind of game do Reuven, Rachel and Michael go to?
(a) Ball throwing.
(b) A dice game.
(c) A bottle knock down.
(d) Ring toss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one image Michael sees in the clouds?
2. What does Michael do that he is cheated out of?
3. Who is Rachel Gorden?
4. What sects have inhabited the narrator's neighborhood?
5. What is one topic of conversation between Reuven and Michael the next day after the fair?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)