|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one image Michael sees in the clouds?
(a) His dead grandfather.
(b) Mount Olympus.
(d) The old man from the fair the night before.
2. What is one topic of conversation between Reuven and Michael the next day after the fair?
(a) Rachel's good points.
(b) Rachel's family.
(c) The defeat of Germany.
(d) Michael's nosebleeds.
3. Why does Michael hate orthodox Jews?
(a) Because they are fanatics and hypocrites.
(b) He does not hate them; he is fascinated with them.
(c) Because the girl he likes father is one and he will not allow them to see each other.
(d) Because they make other Jews look unholy.
4. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
(a) He blacks out.
(b) He gets a ticket.
(c) He is arrested for disrespect to a police officer.
5. Who says it is not a good day to visit?
(a) Mrs. Gordon.
(c) Professor Gordon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Michael Gordon?
2. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
3. What does Michael say his nosebleeds are not a result of?
4. What is the name of the narrator in the Introduction?
5. What is one thing that is established in the narrator's neighborhood as it becomes more populous?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)