|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the narrator and Rachel spend the summer together?
(a) In Nova Scotia.
(b) On a ranch in the Rockies.
(c) In Peekskill.
(d) In New Brunswick.
2. Why are Rachel and Reuven nervous about what Michael is doing?
(a) He is in danger of falling again.
(b) He might lose a lot of money.
(c) They are afraid Michael might rile up the neighborhood gangs.
(d) Michael is taunting the boy who gave him a nosebleed.
3. Who is Giordano Bruno?
(a) The neighborhood baker.
(b) A man burned at the stake for preaching that the stars were suns.
(c) A famous painter from Italy.
(d) A famous doctor from Sicily.
4. What happens to Michael while he is arguing?
(a) He breaks down.
(b) He pulls out a gun and shoots the booth attendant.
(c) He hits the elderly man.
5. Who is the Jewish, elderly man who comes up to Reuven, Rachel and Michael?
(a) The local Rabbi.
(b) The booth attendant's father.
(c) A visiting Rabbi from Israel.
(d) Michael's grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
2. What is one topic of conversation between Reuven and Michael the next day after the fair?
3. Why does Michael hate orthodox Jews?
4. What does Reuven decide to teach Michael?
5. About what does Michael display much knowledge?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)