|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Michael feel bad?
(a) That his mother is disappointed in him.
(b) That he is setting a poor example for his brother.
(c) How he acted the night before.
(d) That his father will confront the old man.
2. Who is Giordano Bruno?
(a) A famous doctor from Sicily.
(b) A famous painter from Italy.
(c) The neighborhood baker.
(d) A man burned at the stake for preaching that the stars were suns.
3. Who is Abraham Gordon?
(a) A man who escaped from Ravensbrook.
(b) A professor who is hated by the Jewish orthodoxy.
(c) The temple cantor.
(d) Rachel Gorden's father.
4. What kind of game do Reuven, Rachel and Michael go to?
(a) A dice game.
(b) A bottle knock down.
(c) Ring toss.
(d) Ball throwing.
5. What does Michael say his nosebleeds are not a result of?
(b) Thin blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Reuven?
2. What sects have inhabited the narrator's neighborhood?
3. Who is Michael Gordon?
4. Why does Michael hate orthodox Jews?
5. Who is Rachel Gorden?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)