|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one image Michael sees in the clouds?
(a) His dead grandfather.
(b) Mount Olympus.
(d) The old man from the fair the night before.
2. Who is Rachel Gorden?
(a) The narrator's grandmama.
(b) A traveling circus member.
(c) The neighborhood rabbi's daughter.
(d) A woman the narrator meets at a Spring party.
3. What does Michael see in himself?
(a) A cynic.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) Some of his father.
(d) A passionate truth seeker.
4. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
(a) People are escaping persecution in other countries.
(b) A high birth rate after the end of WWII.
(c) The population has not increased much at all.
(d) The government offered free housing to people who would work in the factories there during the war.
5. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
(a) He is arrested for disrespect to a police officer.
(b) He blacks out.
(c) He gets a ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of game do Reuven, Rachel and Michael go to?
2. What happens to Michael on the drive home?
3. What is one possible explanation for Michael's nosebleeds?
4. What do Michael and Reuven talk about as far as the clouds go?
5. What sects have inhabited the narrator's neighborhood?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)