|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator in the Introduction?
(a) He is not yet named.
2. What happens to Michael while he is arguing?
(a) He hits the elderly man.
(b) He pulls out a gun and shoots the booth attendant.
(c) He breaks down.
3. Where is the setting at the opening of the Introduction?
(a) Long Island.
4. What kind of game do Reuven, Rachel and Michael go to?
(a) Ball throwing.
(b) Ring toss.
(c) A bottle knock down.
(d) A dice game.
5. Why are Rachel and Reuven nervous about what Michael is doing?
(a) Michael is taunting the boy who gave him a nosebleed.
(b) They are afraid Michael might rile up the neighborhood gangs.
(c) He is in danger of falling again.
(d) He might lose a lot of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Gordons angry with Rachel?
2. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
3. What do Michael and Reuven talk about as far as the clouds go?
4. Who is Michael Gordon?
5. About what does Michael display much knowledge?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)