|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Giordano Bruno?
(a) A famous doctor from Sicily.
(b) The neighborhood baker.
(c) A famous painter from Italy.
(d) A man burned at the stake for preaching that the stars were suns.
2. What does Reuven decide to teach Michael?
(a) How to read Hebrew.
(b) How to dance.
(c) How to whittle.
(d) How to sail.
3. What is one possible explanation for Michael's nosebleeds?
(a) Being overweight.
(d) Being underweight.
4. What is the name of the narrator in the Introduction?
(c) He is not yet named.
5. What is one image Michael sees in the clouds?
(a) The old man from the fair the night before.
(b) His dead grandfather.
(c) Mount Olympus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one topic of conversation between Reuven and Michael the next day after the fair?
2. Who is Abraham Gordon?
3. What does Michael do that he is cheated out of?
4. Who is Reuven?
5. To what religion does the narrator's neighborhood belong?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)