|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what religion does the narrator's neighborhood belong?
2. What is one image Michael sees in the clouds?
(a) The old man from the fair the night before.
(b) His dead grandfather.
(c) Mount Olympus.
3. Why are the Gordons angry with Rachel?
(a) She lied to her father.
(b) She let Michael gamble.
(c) She is with a non-Jewish date.
(d) She didn't bring Michael home after his first nosebleed.
4. What does Michael say he cannot get out of his head?
(b) The booth attendant.
5. Where is the setting at the opening of the Introduction?
(a) Long Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Michael on the drive home?
2. Who is Abraham Gordon?
3. Who is the Jewish, elderly man who comes up to Reuven, Rachel and Michael?
4. What does Michael say his nosebleeds are not a result of?
5. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)