|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Abraham Gordon?
(a) A professor who is hated by the Jewish orthodoxy.
(b) Rachel Gorden's father.
(c) A man who escaped from Ravensbrook.
(d) The temple cantor.
2. What sects have inhabited the narrator's neighborhood?
3. What does the narrator decide to do?
(a) Return to Eurpoe after it is rebuilt.
(b) Move to Israel.
(c) Join the army.
(d) Go to rabbinical school.
4. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
(a) The government offered free housing to people who would work in the factories there during the war.
(b) The population has not increased much at all.
(c) People are escaping persecution in other countries.
(d) A high birth rate after the end of WWII.
5. What is one image Michael sees in the clouds?
(a) His dead grandfather.
(b) The old man from the fair the night before.
(c) Mount Olympus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Jewish, elderly man who comes up to Reuven, Rachel and Michael?
2. What kind of game do Reuven, Rachel and Michael go to?
3. What does Michael say he cannot get out of his head?
4. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
5. What does Michael say his nosebleeds are not a result of?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)