|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Michael get a nosebleed?
(a) Playing soccer.
(b) Tripping and falling down.
(c) Standing up in a ride at the fair.
2. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
(a) The government offered free housing to people who would work in the factories there during the war.
(b) People are escaping persecution in other countries.
(c) The population has not increased much at all.
(d) A high birth rate after the end of WWII.
3. Where does Reuven go the day after the fair?
(a) The beach.
(b) The Empire State Building.
(c) Times Square.
(d) Coney Island.
4. What is one image Michael sees in the clouds?
(a) His dead grandfather.
(c) The old man from the fair the night before.
(d) Mount Olympus.
5. Why are the Gordons angry with Rachel?
(a) She let Michael gamble.
(b) She lied to her father.
(c) She is with a non-Jewish date.
(d) She didn't bring Michael home after his first nosebleed.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Michael display much knowledge?
2. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
3. What do Michael and Reuven talk about as far as the clouds go?
4. Why does Michael hate orthodox Jews?
5. Who is Michael Gordon?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)