|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the setting at the opening of the Introduction?
(c) Long Island.
2. About what is the narrator's father writing a book?
(b) The Talmud.
(c) Peaceful negotiations.
(d) The crusades.
3. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
(a) He is arrested for disrespect to a police officer.
(b) He blacks out.
(c) He gets a ticket.
4. Who is Michael Gordon?
(a) Rachel's father.
(b) Rachel's uncle.
(c) Rachel's brother.
(d) Rachel's cousin.
5. Where does Reuven go the day after the fair?
(a) Times Square.
(b) The Empire State Building.
(c) The beach.
(d) Coney Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael hate orthodox Jews?
2. What does Reuven decide to teach Michael?
3. About what does Michael feel bad?
4. What does Michael say his nosebleeds are not a result of?
5. What is one thing that is established in the narrator's neighborhood as it becomes more populous?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)