|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Michael Gordon?
(a) Rachel's father.
(b) Rachel's cousin.
(c) Rachel's uncle.
(d) Rachel's brother.
2. Where does Reuven go the day after the fair?
(a) The Empire State Building.
(b) Times Square.
(c) The beach.
(d) Coney Island.
3. What sects have inhabited the narrator's neighborhood?
4. How does Michael get a nosebleed?
(b) Tripping and falling down.
(c) Playing soccer.
(d) Standing up in a ride at the fair.
5. Who is Giordano Bruno?
(a) A famous painter from Italy.
(b) A famous doctor from Sicily.
(c) The neighborhood baker.
(d) A man burned at the stake for preaching that the stars were suns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rachel Gorden?
2. What does Michael say his nosebleeds are not a result of?
3. What is the name of the narrator in the Introduction?
4. Why are the Gordons angry with Rachel?
5. About what is the narrator's father writing a book?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)