|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the setting at the opening of the Introduction?
(a) Long Island.
2. Who is Rachel Gorden?
(a) A traveling circus member.
(b) The narrator's grandmama.
(c) A woman the narrator meets at a Spring party.
(d) The neighborhood rabbi's daughter.
3. What does Michael say he cannot get out of his head?
(c) The booth attendant.
4. Why are the Gordons angry with Rachel?
(a) She didn't bring Michael home after his first nosebleed.
(b) She let Michael gamble.
(c) She lied to her father.
(d) She is with a non-Jewish date.
5. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
(a) He is arrested for disrespect to a police officer.
(b) He gets a ticket.
(d) He blacks out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Michael and Reuven talk about as far as the clouds go?
2. About what does Michael feel bad?
3. Who is Reuven?
4. About what does Michael display much knowledge?
5. Who is Michael Gordon?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)