|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reuven decide to teach Michael?
(a) How to whittle.
(b) How to read Hebrew.
(c) How to dance.
(d) How to sail.
2. What does Michael see in himself?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) A passionate truth seeker.
(c) Some of his father.
(d) A cynic.
3. Why are Rachel and Reuven nervous about what Michael is doing?
(a) They are afraid Michael might rile up the neighborhood gangs.
(b) Michael is taunting the boy who gave him a nosebleed.
(c) He might lose a lot of money.
(d) He is in danger of falling again.
4. Who is Giordano Bruno?
(a) A famous doctor from Sicily.
(b) A famous painter from Italy.
(c) A man burned at the stake for preaching that the stars were suns.
(d) The neighborhood baker.
5. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
(a) He is arrested for disrespect to a police officer.
(b) He blacks out.
(d) He gets a ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rachel urging Michael to do?
2. What kind of game do Reuven, Rachel and Michael go to?
3. What does Michael say he cannot get out of his head?
4. About what does Michael feel bad?
5. Who is Michael Gordon?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)