|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
(a) He blacks out.
(c) He is arrested for disrespect to a police officer.
(d) He gets a ticket.
2. What sects have inhabited the narrator's neighborhood?
3. Who is Rachel Gorden?
(a) The narrator's grandmama.
(b) A woman the narrator meets at a Spring party.
(c) The neighborhood rabbi's daughter.
(d) A traveling circus member.
4. What does Michael say he cannot get out of his head?
(c) The booth attendant.
5. Where does Reuven go the day after the fair?
(a) The Empire State Building.
(b) Coney Island.
(c) The beach.
(d) Times Square.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Jewish, elderly man who comes up to Reuven, Rachel and Michael?
2. About what does Michael display much knowledge?
3. What does Michael do that he is cheated out of?
4. What is one topic of conversation between Reuven and Michael the next day after the fair?
5. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)