|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sects have inhabited the narrator's neighborhood?
2. Where is the setting at the opening of the Introduction?
(d) Long Island.
3. Who is the Jewish, elderly man who comes up to Reuven, Rachel and Michael?
(a) Michael's grandfather.
(b) The local Rabbi.
(c) A visiting Rabbi from Israel.
(d) The booth attendant's father.
4. What does Michael say he cannot get out of his head?
(d) The booth attendant.
5. What is one topic of conversation between Reuven and Michael the next day after the fair?
(a) Michael's nosebleeds.
(b) Rachel's family.
(c) The defeat of Germany.
(d) Rachel's good points.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Michael on the drive home?
2. Why are Rachel and Reuven nervous about what Michael is doing?
3. What is one possible explanation for Michael's nosebleeds?
4. What does Reuven decide to teach Michael?
5. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)