|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is the narrator's father writing a book?
(a) Peaceful negotiations.
(c) The crusades.
(d) The Talmud.
2. What happens to Michael while he is arguing?
(a) He hits the elderly man.
(b) He pulls out a gun and shoots the booth attendant.
(c) He breaks down.
3. What does the narrator decide to do?
(a) Move to Israel.
(b) Go to rabbinical school.
(c) Join the army.
(d) Return to Eurpoe after it is rebuilt.
4. Who is Giordano Bruno?
(a) A famous painter from Italy.
(b) A man burned at the stake for preaching that the stars were suns.
(c) The neighborhood baker.
(d) A famous doctor from Sicily.
5. What is one thing that is established in the narrator's neighborhood as it becomes more populous?
(a) Educational institutions.
(b) A neighborhood watch system.
(c) Two rival gangs.
(d) A bookie system.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sects have inhabited the narrator's neighborhood?
2. Where do the narrator and Rachel spend the summer together?
3. Who is Reuven?
4. What happens to Michael on the drive home?
5. What does Reuven decide to teach Michael?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)