|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the setting at the opening of the Introduction?
(d) Long Island.
2. About what does Michael display much knowledge?
(a) Horse racing.
3. Who is Michael Gordon?
(a) Rachel's father.
(b) Rachel's brother.
(c) Rachel's uncle.
(d) Rachel's cousin.
4. Why does Michael hate orthodox Jews?
(a) Because the girl he likes father is one and he will not allow them to see each other.
(b) Because they are fanatics and hypocrites.
(c) Because they make other Jews look unholy.
(d) He does not hate them; he is fascinated with them.
5. What does Michael see in himself?
(a) A passionate truth seeker.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) Some of his father.
(d) A cynic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of game do Reuven, Rachel and Michael go to?
2. What is one possible explanation for Michael's nosebleeds?
3. What happens to Michael while he is arguing?
4. What is one topic of conversation between Reuven and Michael the next day after the fair?
5. Who is Giordano Bruno?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)