|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Michael and Reuven talk about as far as the clouds go?
(a) What the shapes look like.
(b) Whether they portend a storm.
(c) If the clouds are solid in another dimension.
(d) If they can support angels.
2. About what does Michael feel bad?
(a) That he is setting a poor example for his brother.
(b) That his mother is disappointed in him.
(c) How he acted the night before.
(d) That his father will confront the old man.
3. What does the narrator decide to do?
(a) Join the army.
(b) Go to rabbinical school.
(c) Return to Eurpoe after it is rebuilt.
(d) Move to Israel.
4. Who is Michael Gordon?
(a) Rachel's father.
(b) Rachel's cousin.
(c) Rachel's uncle.
(d) Rachel's brother.
5. Who is Rachel Gorden?
(a) A traveling circus member.
(b) The neighborhood rabbi's daughter.
(c) A woman the narrator meets at a Spring party.
(d) The narrator's grandmama.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one possible explanation for Michael's nosebleeds?
2. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
3. Why does Michael hate orthodox Jews?
4. How does Michael get a nosebleed?
5. Where do the narrator and Rachel spend the summer together?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)