|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Michael on the drive home?
(a) He giggles hysterically.
(b) He gets another nosebleed.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He cries uncontrollably.
2. What is Rachel urging Michael to do?
(a) See a doctor.
(b) Buy her a candied apple.
(c) Stop rolling the dice.
(d) Go home to rest.
3. What sects have inhabited the narrator's neighborhood?
4. Where does Reuven go the day after the fair?
(a) Coney Island.
(b) Times Square.
(c) The beach.
(d) The Empire State Building.
5. What is one thing that is established in the narrator's neighborhood as it becomes more populous?
(a) A bookie system.
(b) Two rival gangs.
(c) Educational institutions.
(d) A neighborhood watch system.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michael get a nosebleed?
2. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
3. Who is the Jewish, elderly man who comes up to Reuven, Rachel and Michael?
4. Where is the setting at the opening of the Introduction?
5. What happens to Michael while he is arguing?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)