|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is the narrator's father writing a book?
(b) The Talmud.
(c) Peaceful negotiations.
(d) The crusades.
2. About what does Michael feel bad?
(a) That he is setting a poor example for his brother.
(b) That his mother is disappointed in him.
(c) How he acted the night before.
(d) That his father will confront the old man.
3. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
(a) The government offered free housing to people who would work in the factories there during the war.
(b) A high birth rate after the end of WWII.
(c) The population has not increased much at all.
(d) People are escaping persecution in other countries.
4. Who is Giordano Bruno?
(a) A famous painter from Italy.
(b) The neighborhood baker.
(c) A famous doctor from Sicily.
(d) A man burned at the stake for preaching that the stars were suns.
5. How does Michael get a nosebleed?
(b) Standing up in a ride at the fair.
(c) Playing soccer.
(d) Tripping and falling down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rachel Gorden?
2. What happens to Michael while he is arguing?
3. Why does Michael hate orthodox Jews?
4. What does Reuven decide to teach Michael?
5. What kind of game do Reuven, Rachel and Michael go to?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)