|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time frame does Chapter 5 concern?
(a) Late 1952.
(b) Early 1951.
(c) Autumn to early December of 1951.
(d) It is not stated.
2. What is one consequence of the orthodox reaction to Rav Kalman's article?
(a) More scholars are leaving orthodoxy.
(b) David Malter may lose his job.
(c) More scholars are moving towards orthodoxy.
(d) The orthodox contingent at David's workplace do not know if they should approve of his book being published.
3. What is one thing Danny and Reuven discuss?
(a) The books on Danny's book shelves.
(d) War reparations from Germany.
4. Why is Rav Kalman's orthodoxy so entrenched?
(a) Because of the horrific events of the holocaust.
(b) Because he knows he is right.
(c) Because of the beatings by his father when Rav Kalman is young.
(d) No one knows why.
5. To what religion does the narrator's neighborhood belong?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reuven's father finish?
2. According to rumors, what is one thing Kalman goes through during WWII?
3. Who says it is not a good day to visit?
4. According to Rueven's friend, what rumors are circulating through the seminary?
5. What happens to Michael on the drive home?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)