|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting at the opening to Chapter 8?
(a) Professor Gordon's home.
(b) Rav Kalman's Torah class.
(c) A sailboat on the East River.
(d) The Frankel library.
2. How does Reuven describe Professor Gordon?
(a) A kind, gentle soul.
(b) A fanatical Zionist.
(c) A very liberal Jewish Rabbi.
(d) A fanatical, orthodox Rabbi.
3. What does the narrator decide to do?
(a) Join the army.
(b) Return to Eurpoe after it is rebuilt.
(c) Go to rabbinical school.
(d) Move to Israel.
4. What classes does Reuven study?
(b) Religion and philosophy.
5. Who asks Danny to visit?
(a) Professor Mink.
(b) Abraham Gordon.
(c) David Malter.
(d) Rav Kalman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the narrator and Rachel spend the summer together?
2. What concerns Rachel about the idea of marrying Danny?
3. What does Kalman think Reuven wavers between?
4. To whom does Reuven talk about Michael's actions?
5. Who does Kalman say was his teacher of the Torah?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)