|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Kalman remind Reuven?
(a) That Reuven's father would not approve of Reuven's behavior.
(b) That Reuven is going to be a Hasidic Rabbi.
(c) That Professor Gordon is excommunicated.
(d) That Professor Gordon is suspected of destroying valuable documents.
2. How many typographical errors does Reuven's father find in his new book?
3. What does Danny tell Reuven about Kalman?
(a) Kalman has become engaged.
(b) Kalman is speaking next week at the theological seminar.
(c) Kalman has written a review of David Malter's book.
(d) Kalman has said disturbing things about Reuven.
4. Out of what does David think Kalman is acting?
(c) Love for the Torah.
(d) Bitterness at the deaths of his teacher and friends.
5. What does Reuven realize about Danny's work with Michael?
(a) It is motivated by deep compassion.
(b) It is a shot in the dark.
(c) It is an attempt to justify Danny's own life choices.
(d) It is ineffective.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Michael on the drive home?
2. What does Reuven resist that Michael is saying?
3. Why are the Gordons angry with Rachel?
4. How does David Malter react to the article Kalman writes about Malter's book?
5. Against what does Kalman fight?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)