|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Kalman's Torah class?
(a) Kalman's apology to Greenfield.
(b) Kalman's behavior towards Professor Gordon.
(c) Kalman's announcement about his teacher.
(d) Kalman's humility.
2. About what does Reuven say he has no right to be angry?
(a) Reuven does not talk about being angry.
(b) The reception of his father's book.
(c) Who Rachel is becoming serious with romantically.
(d) Kalman's actions.
3. What enrages Michael and causes him to organize a group of boys to try to get out of the treatment center?
(a) Professor Gordon telling Michael he will be disinherited.
(b) Michael learning that Danny and Rachel are involved romantically.
(c) Learning that Professor Gordon has conceded many issues to the orthodoxy.
(d) Danny telling Michael he is to be institutionalized.
4. For what purpose does Professor Gordon want Reuven to bring his friend Daniel Saunders to the Gordon home?
(a) To ask Daniel about his experiences in a concentration camp.
(b) As a mitzvah.
(c) Because Rachel would like to meet Daniel.
(d) To see if Daniel and Michael will hit if off.
5. Why is Rav Kalman's orthodoxy so entrenched?
(a) Because of the beatings by his father when Rav Kalman is young.
(b) Because of the horrific events of the holocaust.
(c) Because he knows he is right.
(d) No one knows why.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting at the opening to Chapter 8?
2. What is one image Michael sees in the clouds?
3. What does Reuven take Danny on Friday?
4. How many typographical errors does Reuven's father find in his new book?
5. What concerns Rachel about the idea of marrying Danny?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)