|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Reuven preparing?
(a) His smicha examination.
(c) To travel to a European Yeshiva.
(d) To visit Michael.
2. What book does Reuven read by Kalman on the subway?
(a) A book on the reasons for excommunication of a member of the Jewish community.
(b) A book on ethics.
(c) A book on interpreting techniques.
(d) A book about some very obscure passages in the Talmud.
3. Who is Michael Gordon?
(a) Rachel's uncle.
(b) Rachel's father.
(c) Rachel's brother.
(d) Rachel's cousin.
4. What sect is the seminary that Reuven attends?
5. What does Reuven decide to teach Michael?
(a) How to sail.
(b) How to whittle.
(c) How to read Hebrew.
(d) How to dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael do that he is cheated out of?
2. What does Professor Gordon look over at the Zechariah Frankel library?
3. According to Rueven's friend, what rumors are circulating through the seminary?
4. Who does Kalman believe has the authority to interpret ancient Hebrew texts?
5. About what does Reuven say he has no right to be angry?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)