|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rachel urging Michael to do?
(a) See a doctor.
(b) Stop rolling the dice.
(c) Go home to rest.
(d) Buy her a candied apple.
2. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
(a) He gets a ticket.
(b) He is arrested for disrespect to a police officer.
(d) He blacks out.
3. According to David Malter, how do scribal errors influence his interpretation of texts?
(a) The errors give him the authority to re-interpret words.
(b) They render the texts useless.
(c) They do not have any bearing on how he interprets texts.
(d) The errors are not mentioned by the narrator.
4. Who is the Jewish, elderly man who comes up to Reuven, Rachel and Michael?
(a) The booth attendant's father.
(b) The local Rabbi.
(c) Michael's grandfather.
(d) A visiting Rabbi from Israel.
5. What is the setting at the opening to Chapter 8?
(a) A sailboat on the East River.
(b) Professor Gordon's home.
(c) The Frankel library.
(d) Rav Kalman's Torah class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Michael while he is arguing?
2. What is Reuven's father's response to Reuven's meetings with Kalman?
3. What does Reuven feel caught between in the religious community?
4. What film do Danny and Reuven and their dates go to see?
5. Why does Reuven say he visited the Frankel library?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)