|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Danny taught about suffering by his father?
(a) Danny's father only spoke to him when studying the Talmud.
(b) Danny's father shows him pictures of bombed cities.
(c) Danny's father makes him beg at Coney Island on Saturdays.
(d) Danny's father takes him to post-WWII Germany.
2. What does Kalman ask of Reuven?
(a) To stop dating Rachel Gordon.
(b) To read up on why Professor Gordon is ex-communicated.
(c) To ask Reuven's father if he approves of the association.
(d) To respect the excommunication writ.
3. Where is the setting at the opening of the Introduction?
(c) Long Island.
4. Why is Abe Greenfield unprepared for class?
(a) He is prepared.
(b) He has been ill.
(c) He had a major final in another class.
(d) His father forbids him to attend seminary any longer.
5. How many therapists has Michael been to over the past 14 months?
Short Answer Questions
1. Against what does Kalman fight?
2. What does Danny say about Michael?
3. What is one consequence of the orthodox reaction to Rav Kalman's article?
4. Who does Reuven visit after speaking with Kalman?
5. About what does Reuven say he has no right to be angry?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)