|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Professor Gordon want as his student?
(b) No one; he wants to quit teaching.
2. Who has gotten in fist fights with others?
(a) Danny's youngest brother.
(c) Rachel's brother.
(d) Reuven's youngest brother.
3. According to David Malter, how do scribal errors influence his interpretation of texts?
(a) They render the texts useless.
(b) The errors give him the authority to re-interpret words.
(c) The errors are not mentioned by the narrator.
(d) They do not have any bearing on how he interprets texts.
4. Out of what does David think Kalman is acting?
(b) Love for the Torah.
(c) Bitterness at the deaths of his teacher and friends.
5. What leads Reuven to read books by Professor Gordon?
(a) Reuven's distaste for Rabbi Kalman.
(b) Reuven's interest in Rachel Gordon.
(c) Reuven's search for meaning.
(d) Reuven's father asks him to do so.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kalman keep telling Reuven as far as Reuven himself is concerned?
2. Where does Reuven encounter Professor Gordon?
3. What happens to Michael while he is arguing?
4. Against what does Kalman fight?
5. What problem has Professor Gordon had?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)