|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Danny want Reuven to convince Michael's parents to do?
(a) Send him to the West Coast to a successful clinic.
(b) Send him to Paris where they are successfully treating his problem.
(c) Take Michael home.
(d) Let them try isolation therapy on Michael..
2. How was Danny taught about suffering by his father?
(a) Danny's father shows him pictures of bombed cities.
(b) Danny's father makes him beg at Coney Island on Saturdays.
(c) Danny's father only spoke to him when studying the Talmud.
(d) Danny's father takes him to post-WWII Germany.
3. Who calls Reuven and is acting odd?
(d) Professor Gordon.
4. Why is Michael taken away?
(a) For trying to slit his wrists.
(b) For screaming obscenities at other patients.
(c) For slapping Rachel.
(d) For setting a fire and cutting Reuven.
5. What does Kalman do in protest about the planned changes at his school?
(a) Leaves the United States for his homeland.
(b) Threatens suicide.
(c) Stops coming to class.
(d) Moves to Israel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Rachel and Reuven nervous about what Michael is doing?
2. What sects have inhabited the narrator's neighborhood?
3. Where is Reuven at the opening of Chapter 9?
4. To whom does the conversation between Danny and Reuven turn after talking about Rachel?
5. Who does Reuven arrange to meet?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)