|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Nota Finkel?
(a) He was a well-known Talmudist.
(b) He was excommuicated in the 1800s for heresy.
(c) He was a fanatical Zionist who changed his mind about Israel.
(d) He quashed a secularist revolt.
2. According to David Malter, how do scribal errors influence his interpretation of texts?
(a) They do not have any bearing on how he interprets texts.
(b) The errors are not mentioned by the narrator.
(c) They render the texts useless.
(d) The errors give him the authority to re-interpret words.
3. How do David Malter and Rav Kalman differ academically?
(a) One takes an academic approach and one takes a literal approach.
(b) They base their research on the same texts but different editions.
(c) They use different interpretive methods.
(d) They base their research on different texts.
4. What kind of game do Reuven, Rachel and Michael go to?
(a) Ring toss.
(b) A bottle knock down.
(c) A dice game.
(d) Ball throwing.
5. What does Michael say he cannot get out of his head?
(d) The booth attendant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Against what does Kalman fight?
2. What does Michael talk about in the field of astronomy?
3. How many typographical errors does Reuven's father find in his new book?
4. For what is Reuven preparing?
5. What does Kalman think Reuven wavers between?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)