|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Michael talk about?
(a) Professor Gordon.
2. What does Kalman do in protest about the planned changes at his school?
(a) Leaves the United States for his homeland.
(b) Stops coming to class.
(c) Threatens suicide.
(d) Moves to Israel.
3. About what does Professor Gordon ask Reuben?
(a) If God is demanding.
(b) Whether God is a just god.
(c) If Reuven is interested in Rachel.
(d) The fair and Michael's behavior.
4. What does Danny give Michael?
(a) A copy of the article Kalman writes about David Malter's book.
(b) A weekend pass to go home.
(c) An invitation to a debate.
(d) A request to meet with another doctor.
5. What does Kalman keep telling Reuven as far as Reuven himself is concerned?
(a) Kalman thinks Reuven is not suited to being a Rabbi.
(b) Kalman does not know what to do with Reuven.
(c) Kalman believes Reuven is misguided by his father.
(d) Kalman thinks Reuven would be better as a hands-on Rabbi rather than a theoretical one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting at the opening to Chapter 8?
2. What does Kalman say to Reuven in class?
3. What is Reb Saunders happy to think about the Gordon family?
4. Where do the narrator and Rachel spend the summer together?
5. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)