|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads Reuven to read books by Professor Gordon?
(a) Reuven's distaste for Rabbi Kalman.
(b) Reuven's interest in Rachel Gordon.
(c) Reuven's search for meaning.
(d) Reuven's father asks him to do so.
2. What concerns Rachel about the idea of marrying Danny?
(a) That her uncle would say no.
(b) That Michael would be hurt.
(c) That he would want to bring their children up in the same fashion in which he was raised.
(d) That Reuven would be hurt.
3. Who has been upset by Rav Kalman's article on David Malter's book?
(a) No one; all know it is just the usualy academic give and take.
(b) The orthodox immigrant faculty where David Malter works.
(c) Most of the reformists.
(d) Only the most extremist at Kalman's school.
4. What sect is the seminary that Reuven attends?
5. Why does Michael hate orthodox Jews?
(a) Because the girl he likes father is one and he will not allow them to see each other.
(b) Because they are fanatics and hypocrites.
(c) He does not hate them; he is fascinated with them.
(d) Because they make other Jews look unholy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Danny and Michael discuss at the opening to Chapter 12?
2. About whom does Michael fantasize?
3. What languages are difficult for Kalman in reading David Malter's book?
4. Of what does Kalman remind Reuven?
5. With whom does Rav Kalman have an intense argument?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)