|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reuven say he visited the Frankel library?
(a) To meet with Rachel.
(b) To help his father in research.
(c) To sign a petition to the city about discrimination.
(d) To meet with a friend who lives nearby.
2. What languages are difficult for Kalman in reading David Malter's book?
(a) Greek and Latin.
(b) English and Latin.
(c) English and Greek.
(d) Greek and German.
3. Where does Reuven go the day after the fair?
(a) Times Square.
(b) The beach.
(c) Coney Island.
(d) The Empire State Building.
4. Who does Reuven call the day after he and Michael go sailing?
(a) Reuven's grandfather.
(b) Professor Gordon.
5. How is Michael doing?
(a) He is fine and has been released from treatment.
(b) Reuven does not know.
(c) As well as can be expected.
(d) He has had a major breakdown.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is the narrator's father writing a book?
2. What does Reuven feel towards Kalman?
3. Why does Michael hate orthodox Jews?
4. What classes does Reuven study?
5. Why are Rachel and Reuven nervous about what Michael is doing?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)