|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Rachel and Reuven nervous about what Michael is doing?
(a) He might lose a lot of money.
(b) They are afraid Michael might rile up the neighborhood gangs.
(c) He is in danger of falling again.
(d) Michael is taunting the boy who gave him a nosebleed.
2. What is the day after the sailing trip?
(a) No special day.
(b) Yom Kippur.
3. Where do the narrator and Rachel spend the summer together?
(a) In Peekskill.
(b) In Nova Scotia.
(c) On a ranch in the Rockies.
(d) In New Brunswick.
4. What is one major point of Gordon's "theology"?
(a) Theology is not necessary in the modern world.
(b) God is a product of the sum of all souls.
(c) All religions worship the same god.
(d) Jews can fail to believe but remain observant.
5. What does Michael say his nosebleeds are not a result of?
(a) Thin blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Danny taught about suffering by his father?
2. What does Danny say about Michael?
3. What is one topic of conversation between Reuven and Michael the next day after the fair?
4. Who is Rachel Gorden?
5. About what does Professor Gordon ask Reuben?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)