|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one major point of Gordon's "theology"?
(a) Theology is not necessary in the modern world.
(b) All religions worship the same god.
(c) God is a product of the sum of all souls.
(d) Jews can fail to believe but remain observant.
2. What does Michael say his nosebleeds are not a result of?
(d) Thin blood.
3. How does Reuven describe Professor Gordon?
(a) A fanatical, orthodox Rabbi.
(b) A fanatical Zionist.
(c) A very liberal Jewish Rabbi.
(d) A kind, gentle soul.
4. Who does Reuven arrange to meet?
(b) Reuven's grandfather.
(c) Professor Gordon.
(d) Reuven's uncle.
5. Why does Michael hate orthodox Jews?
(a) Because they make other Jews look unholy.
(b) He does not hate them; he is fascinated with them.
(c) Because the girl he likes father is one and he will not allow them to see each other.
(d) Because they are fanatics and hypocrites.
Short Answer Questions
1. What leads Reuven to read books by Professor Gordon?
2. For what purpose does Professor Gordon want Reuven to bring his friend Daniel Saunders to the Gordon home?
3. What happens to Michael while he is arguing?
4. What is one topic of conversation between Reuven and Michael the next day after the fair?
5. With whom is Reuven dissatisfied in the flashback?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)