|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reuven decide to teach Michael?
(a) How to sail.
(b) How to read Hebrew.
(c) How to dance.
(d) How to whittle.
2. About what is the narrator's father writing a book?
(a) The Talmud.
(b) Peaceful negotiations.
(d) The crusades.
3. What does Danny say about Michael?
(a) He is just suffering from adolescent hormones.
(b) He is quite mentally ill.
(c) There is nothing wrong with him.
(d) He is only mildly neurotic.
4. How does Reuven describe Professor Gordon?
(a) A very liberal Jewish Rabbi.
(b) A fanatical Zionist.
(c) A kind, gentle soul.
(d) A fanatical, orthodox Rabbi.
5. What does the narrator decide to do?
(a) Return to Eurpoe after it is rebuilt.
(b) Go to rabbinical school.
(c) Move to Israel.
(d) Join the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Michael Gordon?
2. About what does Michael display much knowledge?
3. What happens to Michael on the drive home?
4. Who is David Malter?
5. Why can't Danny meet with Professor Gordon?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)