|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Rachel and Reuven nervous about what Michael is doing?
(a) Michael is taunting the boy who gave him a nosebleed.
(b) He might lose a lot of money.
(c) They are afraid Michael might rile up the neighborhood gangs.
(d) He is in danger of falling again.
2. Why are the Gordons angry with Rachel?
(a) She lied to her father.
(b) She didn't bring Michael home after his first nosebleed.
(c) She is with a non-Jewish date.
(d) She let Michael gamble.
3. What is one major point of Gordon's "theology"?
(a) God is a product of the sum of all souls.
(b) Jews can fail to believe but remain observant.
(c) Theology is not necessary in the modern world.
(d) All religions worship the same god.
4. Who does Reuven arrange to meet?
(b) Reuven's grandfather.
(c) Professor Gordon.
(d) Reuven's uncle.
5. Who is Danny?
(a) Reuven's best friend.
(b) Reuven's younger brother.
(c) The grocery boy.
(d) Reuven's first cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator decide to do?
2. Who is Abraham Gordon?
3. Who is Giordano Bruno?
4. What is the name of the narrator in the Introduction?
5. What does Michael see in himself?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)