|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rachel urging Michael to do?
(a) Go home to rest.
(b) See a doctor.
(c) Buy her a candied apple.
(d) Stop rolling the dice.
2. What does Michael say he cannot get out of his head?
(b) The booth attendant.
3. Who does Reuven arrange to meet?
(a) Reuven's grandfather.
(b) Reuven's uncle.
(c) Professor Gordon.
4. Who is Rachel Gorden?
(a) The neighborhood rabbi's daughter.
(b) A traveling circus member.
(c) The narrator's grandmama.
(d) A woman the narrator meets at a Spring party.
5. What is one major point of Gordon's "theology"?
(a) All religions worship the same god.
(b) God is a product of the sum of all souls.
(c) Jews can fail to believe but remain observant.
(d) Theology is not necessary in the modern world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Reuven?
2. What is the name of the narrator in the Introduction?
3. What is one topic of conversation between Reuven and Michael the next day after the fair?
4. How many therapists has Michael been to over the past 14 months?
5. What does Michael do that he is cheated out of?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)