|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Professor Gordon exhausted at the opening to Chapter 4?
(a) Because he has had the flu.
(b) From his worldwide travels.
(c) From working so hard on a new book.
(d) From a speaking engagment in San Francisco.
2. Who is Reuven?
(a) A shoemaker.
(b) A baker in the neighborhood.
(c) The narrator.
(d) The mayor of Peekskill.
3. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
(a) He gets a ticket.
(c) He is arrested for disrespect to a police officer.
(d) He blacks out.
4. What is one major point of Gordon's "theology"?
(a) God is a product of the sum of all souls.
(b) Jews can fail to believe but remain observant.
(c) Theology is not necessary in the modern world.
(d) All religions worship the same god.
5. Who is Michael Gordon?
(a) Rachel's cousin.
(b) Rachel's father.
(c) Rachel's brother.
(d) Rachel's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what religion does the narrator's neighborhood belong?
2. Who is Rachel Gorden?
3. With whom is Reuven dissatisfied in the flashback?
4. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
5. What past experience of Rabbi Kalman's does Reuven mention?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)