|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Danny taught about suffering by his father?
(a) Danny's father takes him to post-WWII Germany.
(b) Danny's father shows him pictures of bombed cities.
(c) Danny's father only spoke to him when studying the Talmud.
(d) Danny's father makes him beg at Coney Island on Saturdays.
2. Who says it is not a good day to visit?
(c) Mrs. Gordon.
(d) Professor Gordon.
3. About what does Professor Gordon ask Reuben?
(a) Whether God is a just god.
(b) The fair and Michael's behavior.
(c) If God is demanding.
(d) If Reuven is interested in Rachel.
4. What does Reuven decide to teach Michael?
(a) How to whittle.
(b) How to read Hebrew.
(c) How to sail.
(d) How to dance.
5. To what time does a flashback go?
(a) Fall, 1949.
(b) January, 1948.
(c) January, 1950.
(d) Fall, 1949.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Danny meet with Professor Gordon?
2. What leads Reuven to read books by Professor Gordon?
3. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
4. About what is the narrator's father writing a book?
5. How does Michael get a nosebleed?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)