|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one possible explanation for Michael's nosebleeds?
(a) Being underweight.
(b) Being overweight.
2. Who is Rachel Gorden?
(a) The neighborhood rabbi's daughter.
(b) A traveling circus member.
(c) The narrator's grandmama.
(d) A woman the narrator meets at a Spring party.
3. For what purpose does Professor Gordon want Reuven to bring his friend Daniel Saunders to the Gordon home?
(a) To see if Daniel and Michael will hit if off.
(b) Because Rachel would like to meet Daniel.
(c) As a mitzvah.
(d) To ask Daniel about his experiences in a concentration camp.
4. What does Michael do that he is cheated out of?
(a) He knocks the milk bottoms over.
(c) He throws three baseballs in the holes.
(d) He wins a trophy.
5. Who is David Malter?
(a) Michael's uncle.
(b) Reuven's father.
(c) Reuven's neighbor.
(d) Reuven's grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rachel urging Michael to do?
2. What does Michael say his nosebleeds are not a result of?
3. Where is the setting at the opening of the Introduction?
4. Why can't Danny meet with Professor Gordon?
5. Why are Rachel and Reuven nervous about what Michael is doing?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)