|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Danny meet with Professor Gordon?
(a) He has an emergency.
(b) He has to work.
(c) He is in Europe.
(d) He is ill.
2. Who is Abraham Gordon?
(a) A man who escaped from Ravensbrook.
(b) A professor who is hated by the Jewish orthodoxy.
(c) The temple cantor.
(d) Rachel Gorden's father.
3. Who does Reuven arrange to meet?
(a) Professor Gordon.
(b) Reuven's grandfather.
(d) Reuven's uncle.
4. What do Michael and Reuven talk about as far as the clouds go?
(a) Whether they portend a storm.
(b) If they can support angels.
(c) If the clouds are solid in another dimension.
(d) What the shapes look like.
5. What does Michael say he cannot get out of his head?
(d) The booth attendant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sects have inhabited the narrator's neighborhood?
2. What is the day after the sailing trip?
3. What is one topic of conversation between Reuven and Michael the next day after the fair?
4. Why does Michael hate orthodox Jews?
5. What is one thing that is established in the narrator's neighborhood as it becomes more populous?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)