|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Reuven return to seminary?
(a) He has never been in seminary.
(b) He is going to sit out one semester and then go back.
(c) The Friday after Michael is taken to the treatment center.
(d) He decides not to return.
2. Who is Rachel Gorden?
(a) A woman the narrator meets at a Spring party.
(b) A traveling circus member.
(c) The narrator's grandmama.
(d) The neighborhood rabbi's daughter.
3. What happens to Michael while he is arguing?
(b) He pulls out a gun and shoots the booth attendant.
(c) He breaks down.
(d) He hits the elderly man.
4. What is one major point of Gordon's "theology"?
(a) Jews can fail to believe but remain observant.
(b) God is a product of the sum of all souls.
(c) All religions worship the same god.
(d) Theology is not necessary in the modern world.
5. What is Rachel urging Michael to do?
(a) Go home to rest.
(b) Stop rolling the dice.
(c) Buy her a candied apple.
(d) See a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael say his nosebleeds are not a result of?
2. What does Danny say about Michael?
3. Who does Reuven arrange to meet?
4. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
5. What do Michael and Reuven talk about as far as the clouds go?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)