|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Michael Gordon?
(a) Rachel's father.
(b) Rachel's brother.
(c) Rachel's cousin.
(d) Rachel's uncle.
2. About what does Michael feel bad?
(a) That his mother is disappointed in him.
(b) That he is setting a poor example for his brother.
(c) That his father will confront the old man.
(d) How he acted the night before.
3. About what is the narrator's father writing a book?
(a) Peaceful negotiations.
(c) The crusades.
(d) The Talmud.
4. To what religion does the narrator's neighborhood belong?
5. How is Rachel's aunt helping Professor Gordon?
(a) She is a nurse and cares for him.
(b) She types his manuscripts.
(c) She proofs his writing.
(d) She keeps track of his correspondence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael hate orthodox Jews?
2. What is the name of the narrator in the Introduction?
3. What does Reuven decide to teach Michael?
4. Who is Giordano Bruno?
5. What past experience of Rabbi Kalman's does Reuven mention?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)