|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Danny?
(a) Reuven's younger brother.
(b) Reuven's first cousin.
(c) The grocery boy.
(d) Reuven's best friend.
2. What is one possible explanation for Michael's nosebleeds?
(b) Being overweight.
(d) Being underweight.
3. How is Rachel's aunt helping Professor Gordon?
(a) She types his manuscripts.
(b) She is a nurse and cares for him.
(c) She keeps track of his correspondence.
(d) She proofs his writing.
4. How many therapists has Michael been to over the past 14 months?
5. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
(a) The government offered free housing to people who would work in the factories there during the war.
(b) A high birth rate after the end of WWII.
(c) People are escaping persecution in other countries.
(d) The population has not increased much at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Gordons angry with Rachel?
2. Where does Reuven go the day after the fair?
3. What sects have inhabited the narrator's neighborhood?
4. Why is Professor Gordon exhausted at the opening to Chapter 4?
5. About what does Professor Gordon ask Reuben?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)