|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Reuven call the day after he and Michael go sailing?
(a) Professor Gordon.
(b) Reuven's grandfather.
2. What is one image Michael sees in the clouds?
(a) Mount Olympus.
(c) The old man from the fair the night before.
(d) His dead grandfather.
3. What leads Reuven to read books by Professor Gordon?
(a) Reuven's father asks him to do so.
(b) Reuven's interest in Rachel Gordon.
(c) Reuven's search for meaning.
(d) Reuven's distaste for Rabbi Kalman.
4. When does Reuven return to seminary?
(a) He has never been in seminary.
(b) The Friday after Michael is taken to the treatment center.
(c) He is going to sit out one semester and then go back.
(d) He decides not to return.
5. What is Rachel urging Michael to do?
(a) Go home to rest.
(b) Stop rolling the dice.
(c) Buy her a candied apple.
(d) See a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Abraham Gordon?
2. Where do the narrator and Rachel spend the summer together?
3. Where does Reuven go the day after the fair?
4. What does Michael see in himself?
5. What happens to Michael while he is arguing?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)