|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator in the Introduction?
(d) He is not yet named.
2. How is Rachel's aunt helping Professor Gordon?
(a) She keeps track of his correspondence.
(b) She proofs his writing.
(c) She is a nurse and cares for him.
(d) She types his manuscripts.
3. What happens to Michael while he is arguing?
(a) He pulls out a gun and shoots the booth attendant.
(b) He hits the elderly man.
(c) He breaks down.
4. What is the day after the sailing trip?
(b) Yom Kippur.
(c) No special day.
5. About what does Professor Gordon ask Reuben?
(a) If Reuven is interested in Rachel.
(b) If God is demanding.
(c) The fair and Michael's behavior.
(d) Whether God is a just god.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is the narrator's father writing a book?
2. About what does Michael display much knowledge?
3. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
4. What does Reuven decide to teach Michael?
5. How was Danny taught about suffering by his father?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)