|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Danny taught about suffering by his father?
(a) Danny's father shows him pictures of bombed cities.
(b) Danny's father takes him to post-WWII Germany.
(c) Danny's father only spoke to him when studying the Talmud.
(d) Danny's father makes him beg at Coney Island on Saturdays.
2. Who is the Jewish, elderly man who comes up to Reuven, Rachel and Michael?
(a) The booth attendant's father.
(b) Michael's grandfather.
(c) A visiting Rabbi from Israel.
(d) The local Rabbi.
3. What happens to Michael while he is arguing?
(a) He pulls out a gun and shoots the booth attendant.
(b) He hits the elderly man.
(d) He breaks down.
4. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
(a) He gets a ticket.
(b) He blacks out.
(c) He is arrested for disrespect to a police officer.
5. For what purpose does Professor Gordon want Reuven to bring his friend Daniel Saunders to the Gordon home?
(a) Because Rachel would like to meet Daniel.
(b) To see if Daniel and Michael will hit if off.
(c) As a mitzvah.
(d) To ask Daniel about his experiences in a concentration camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing that is established in the narrator's neighborhood as it becomes more populous?
2. What problem has Professor Gordon had?
3. How is Rachel's aunt helping Professor Gordon?
4. What kind of game do Reuven, Rachel and Michael go to?
5. About what does Michael display much knowledge?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)