|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Gordons angry with Rachel?
(a) She is with a non-Jewish date.
(b) She didn't bring Michael home after his first nosebleed.
(c) She lied to her father.
(d) She let Michael gamble.
2. How often does Reuven see Rachel between October and December?
(a) Almost daily.
(d) Several days a week.
3. Who does Reuven visit after speaking with Kalman?
(a) Danny Saunders.
(b) Rachel Gordon.
(d) David Malter.
4. How do David Malter and Rav Kalman differ academically?
(a) They base their research on different texts.
(b) They base their research on the same texts but different editions.
(c) One takes an academic approach and one takes a literal approach.
(d) They use different interpretive methods.
5. Who does Kalman believe has the authority to interpret ancient Hebrew texts?
(a) Anyone who has studied the necessary prerequisites.
(b) Only an ordained Rabbi.
(c) The great commentators of old.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reuven, with whom are the Hasid at war?
2. What happens to Michael while he is arguing?
3. About what does Michael display much knowledge?
4. According to David Malter, how do scribal errors influence his interpretation of texts?
5. What does Kalman keep telling Reuven as far as Reuven himself is concerned?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)