|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael say he cannot get out of his head?
(a) The booth attendant.
2. How does Reuven describe Professor Gordon?
(a) A very liberal Jewish Rabbi.
(b) A fanatical Zionist.
(c) A kind, gentle soul.
(d) A fanatical, orthodox Rabbi.
3. What does Professor Gordon look over at the Zechariah Frankel library?
(a) Some books on mental illness.
(b) Negative reviews of his works.
(c) A new theory about the writing of the Talmud.
(d) He does not go to the library because they are too restrictive.
4. With whom is Reuven dissatisfied in the flashback?
(a) Rabbi Rav Kalman
(b) Reuven's father.
(c) Reuven's oldest brother.
(d) Professor Gordon.
5. What languages are difficult for Kalman in reading David Malter's book?
(a) English and Latin.
(b) Greek and Latin.
(c) Greek and German.
(d) English and Greek.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do David Malter and Rav Kalman differ academically?
2. About whom does Rachel ask Reuven?
3. What classes does Reuven study?
4. According to David Malter, how do scribal errors influence his interpretation of texts?
5. According to Reuven, with whom are the Hasid at war?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)