|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michael think his father exhausts himself?
(a) To feel good about his life.
(b) To find a cure for Michael.
(c) To prove God exists.
(d) To save religion.
2. How do David Malter and Rav Kalman differ academically?
(a) They base their research on different texts.
(b) They use different interpretive methods.
(c) One takes an academic approach and one takes a literal approach.
(d) They base their research on the same texts but different editions.
3. What does Kalman think Reuven wavers between?
(a) Hot and cold.
(b) Zeal and apathy.
(c) The physical and spiritual worlds.
(d) Orthodoxy and heterodoxy.
4. With whom does Kotzker Rebbe have disagreements?
(a) Many Hasidic sects.
(b) The reformed Jews.
(c) No one.
(d) The Zionists.
5. Who says it is not a good day to visit?
(a) Mrs. Gordon.
(d) Professor Gordon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Reuven visit after speaking with Kalman?
2. What does Michael do that he is cheated out of?
3. According to David Malter, how do scribal errors influence his interpretation of texts?
4. Who asks Reuven to talk with Michael?
5. What is one thing Danny and Reuven discuss?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)