|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Reuven arrange to meet?
(a) Reuven's grandfather.
(b) Professor Gordon.
(c) Reuven's uncle.
2. What does Reuven feel caught between in the religious community?
(a) Men who desire power.
(b) Tradition and innovation.
(c) He does not feel caught between anything.
(d) Men who are ambitious.
3. Who is Reuven?
(a) A shoemaker.
(b) The mayor of Peekskill.
(c) A baker in the neighborhood.
(d) The narrator.
4. How do David Malter and Rav Kalman differ academically?
(a) They use different interpretive methods.
(b) They base their research on different texts.
(c) One takes an academic approach and one takes a literal approach.
(d) They base their research on the same texts but different editions.
5. What does Reuven hear about Michael?
(a) That his case appears hopeless.
(b) That Michael is doing quite well.
(c) Very little.
(d) That Michael is in a permanent facility for the mentally ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kalman think Reuven wavers between?
2. What languages are difficult for Kalman in reading David Malter's book?
3. What time frame does Chapter 5 concern?
4. What is the day after the sailing trip?
5. Who does Michael see briefly?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)