|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Danny meet with Professor Gordon?
(a) He is in Europe.
(b) He has an emergency.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He has to work.
2. What does Reuven feel caught between in the religious community?
(a) Men who desire power.
(b) Men who are ambitious.
(c) He does not feel caught between anything.
(d) Tradition and innovation.
3. How is Michael doing?
(a) As well as can be expected.
(b) He is fine and has been released from treatment.
(c) He has had a major breakdown.
(d) Reuven does not know.
4. According to David Malter, how do scribal errors influence his interpretation of texts?
(a) The errors give him the authority to re-interpret words.
(b) They render the texts useless.
(c) The errors are not mentioned by the narrator.
(d) They do not have any bearing on how he interprets texts.
5. To what time does a flashback go?
(a) January, 1950.
(b) Fall, 1949.
(c) Fall, 1949.
(d) January, 1948.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reuven say about Rachel Gordon?
2. What past experience of Rabbi Kalman's does Reuven mention?
3. Who does Reuven call the day after he and Michael go sailing?
4. Who does Michael see briefly?
5. What happens to Michael on the drive home?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)