|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to David Malter, how do scribal errors influence his interpretation of texts?
(a) The errors are not mentioned by the narrator.
(b) The errors give him the authority to re-interpret words.
(c) They render the texts useless.
(d) They do not have any bearing on how he interprets texts.
2. What does Kalman say Reuven has to do before Kalman will offer his scholarly approval of Reuven?
(a) Make a decision.
(b) Write an interpretation using strictly orthodox standards.
(c) Bring his father in to talk with Kalman.
(d) Write an essay comparing orthodoxy and heterodoxy.
3. What does Kalman think Reuven wavers between?
(a) Orthodoxy and heterodoxy.
(b) Hot and cold.
(c) Zeal and apathy.
(d) The physical and spiritual worlds.
4. What does Michael say he cannot get out of his head?
(c) The booth attendant.
5. Who is Reuven?
(a) The narrator.
(b) A shoemaker.
(c) A baker in the neighborhood.
(d) The mayor of Peekskill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Michael while he is arguing?
2. What languages are difficult for Kalman in reading David Malter's book?
3. Why does Michael think his father exhausts himself?
4. What classes does Reuven study?
5. What time frame does Chapter 5 concern?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)